Faith, Identity, Politics, Love, Terrorism: A Kantai Collection Story

[X] You're eyelids feel as if dumbells have been tied to them. Fall back asleep.

Well uh, now we know what to expect from lulz votes I guess

Sorry for the double post, but not sure if @Inter-VersaLoli would get an alert if I just edited.

Did Dee pass out before or after the building fell? Because if she knows what happened she'd probably ask if everyone was alright.

1 - 4: A Little Dream...
[X] You're eyelids feel as if dumbells have been tied to them. Fall back asleep.

You... are sleepy. In no shape to go anywhere right now.

And so, you doze off once more...

You dream that you are a cheesecake.

Everyone on the surface of the planet proudly struts their stuff, unaware that they're,
we're actually moving through a firmament that's composed of gases, water vapour, electromagnetic radiation, and the appropriate gravittional pressure, all moving around and through us, which only seems incredibly thick and impenetrable, because we are smaller in comparison to it, than a dust mite is to a piece of cellophane. Remove it, and all the humans and animals and plants would burn to death, the oceans would evaporate in minutes, and the Shipgirls would find themselves beached on the barren surface of their homeworld, surrounded by the corpses and rotting buildings of the civilisation that they're sworn to pretect, not being able to speak, cry, cough, or grieve, for all the tears for doing so would've long since dried up, and they are now waiting for death, on a dead husk of a planet.

And the Earth is a spherical dust bunny rovolving around a constant, self-perpetuating explosion in the middle of space at a speed of 30 km/sec, which is itself rotating around the Galactic Centre at 828,000 km/hr. It's amazing that we don't just fall off.

And you see that the galaxy in itself is only part of a larger galaxy cluster, screaming through the vast, beautiful Rothko painting that is deep space.

And then you see the galactic cluster get smaller, and smallerandsmallerandsmaller, and suddenly you find yourself in a sea of shapes. Majestic forms that seem to require no matter to complete it (or maybe the matter was merely so esoteric that your puny mortal brain could not conceive of it). Spheres and Pyramids and Cylinders and Trapezoids, Cubes and Straight Lines and Parallelograms and Little Tiny Points of Light.

And then, you scale up even further, and find that the myriad of shapes that made up the black void, were also infinitely small components of an ever-identical electron.
All electrons, in fact, are actually one electron, moving back-and-forth and side-to-side so quickly that it becomes all electrons, at once, thus becoming all matter, at once. Thus, all actions in existence are lewd, for the electrons in one's thighs and chests are the same ones in one's shoulders, fingers, eyeballs, food, and the air we breathe.

You then see dirt under the sole a sandaled Wo-Class (a vast menagerie of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen atoms) walking home from Community College, swearing as accidentally steps in a patch of wet mud, an ant crawling up her leg. And the anthill from hence that ant came, also housed countless other ants (a veritable world in and of itself). They live within the concrete wall, and pull off raids on both sides of the it. Kitchens, pantries, the bedrooms of careless students, grocery stores, garbage bins... And whenever people find them, they would always suspect the filth of the other side, which caused all this.

You see yourself making love to a slice of cheesecake.

"Ow, fuck!"

You open your eyes to cold, cold, shiny white tiles on your forehead.

You sit up. You find that your blanket has trailed to the floor along with you.

You feel a piercing gaze on you, and you look up to see the one other occupant of an infirmary, an old man who was sitting up. You must've woken him.

You were in the middle of bowing fervently to the old man in apology (Your year-long homestay with Houshou had profound effects on your psyche), when Atago burst into the room.

"Po-or-ter-san!" she bellowed, going over to you and engulfing you in-between her tracks of land. "Pan-Paka-Pan! I know we didn't have the best start, but don't feel down!"

[] "A couple of my friends invited us to a really nice restaurant on the other side of town! You might recognise some of them, in fact. Aaand I'm pretty you haven't tried Abyssal cuisine yet, have you? "

[] "Hey, remember that Temple I told you about earlier? It's actually a really big tourist attraction here. If we go now, we could avoid the afternoon tourist rush!"

[] "There's a really pretty nature path that winds through the local wilderness. We can even get go hiking up a mountain! The plants and animals are really different, too."

[] Willie: Attempt to tell Atago about your dream

[] Write-in

[x] "A couple of my friends invited us to a really nice restaurant on the other side of town! You might recognise some of them, in fact. Aaand I'm pretty you haven't tried Abyssal cuisine yet, have you? "
--[x] Willie: Attempt to tell Atago about your dream while having the meal

I'm not that good in philosophy, but the idea about the dream is pretty deep and... over my head. Really.

With a slight tone of depression there, we will need something light heart to "balance" it out (yin and yang, karma, stuff like that). A restaurant seems nice enough, and a ship-girl trying out Abyssal cuisine can send some very strong message in co-existence (without killing each other). However, as a ship-girl, we should have some sense of duty (hence why we talk about the dream while eating)

[X] "A couple of my friends invited us to a really nice restaurant on the other side of town! You might recognise some of them, in fact. Aaand I'm pretty you haven't tried Abyssal cuisine yet, have you? "

Food is always the answer.

Not really sure what ya'll are getting out of the dream, All I took away was a "that was weird", and maybe a vague notion of connectedness and "just be nice to each other dammit!"

1 - 5: Fine Dining
[x] "A couple of my friends invited us to a really nice restaurant on the other side of town! You might recognise some of them, in fact. Aaand I'm pretty you haven't tried Abyssal cuisine yet, have you? "
--[x] Willie: Attempt to tell Atago about your dream while having the meal

The restaurant she takes you is not far from where you are currently staying, near the wall. When you exit the abyssal quarter, all you have to do is flash your ID to the checkpoint guard, who immediately lets you through. After what you just witnessed earlier, it makes you very uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry, I've never thought about it, but do you mind staying in the Abyssal Quarter, Willie?" Atago asks of you. "I can set you up in a local inn in the Human and Kanmusu Quarters, if you want. The inn-keepers know me, they can let you stay for a discount if you say you're with me."

[] Keep on staying with Atago

[] Move to the inn she talked about

[] Write-in

The Hadal Zone the sign on top proudly announces.

Over the shoulder of the guest-greeter in front, you spot one of the kitchen crew near the back of the restaurant, about to push in a cart full of dirty dishes into the back, only to stop when she catches sight of you. She grabs one of her co-workers and starts pointing at you, excitedly jabbering all the way. You can't quite tell what she's saying from all the way here, and anyways she gets forcibly pulled into after a few moments, before any more unwarranted attention could be garnered.

Huh.

Anyways, you and Atago get seated in a several-person table, which already has people seated in it.

Roughly half the table, you do not know. Who you do recognise, though, surprises you.

"Prinz? What are you doing here?" you blurt.

"Hi there, Willie." the German ship lazily waved. "I'm like Atago, a volunteer here. And you?"

"J-Just a sightseer..." you admit, a little self-conscious.

"Yo squirt!" says a pair of arms, who were now putting you into a playful chokehold.

"J-Jersey?" you choke out.

"Hello Willie, you still recognise me?" says another figure, this one an old man, with hair the colour of salmon skin.

You pause for a few seconds, ignoring even Jersey's attempts at suffocating you, until your mouth forms a nice, round O.

"Professor Crowning!"

Man, he looks so old now. Like, you knew that Shipgirls don't age like Humans do, but you've never been slapped in the face with a fact of life this hard before. Jeez.

… You know, you were planning on telling Atago about your dream, but upon seeing how crowded the table was, you start to hesitate.

What dish would you try your luck on?

[] A whole squid that still seems to be alive (it's eyes move and it's tentacles wriggle a bit here and there). Oh, and it's upside-down too, revealing an entire mouthful of teeth that resemble sawblades, power drills, and other power tools more than it does the teeth of other animals.

[] It looks like a whole human infant on a plate, except with bloody-red skin, tentacles for hair, and no eyes. It doesn't appear to be alive, but when you cut into it, it makes soft giggling noise.

[] What appears to be a single, large pao pitch-black enough for you to almost see through. Part of description: (Warning: may cause existential anxiety).

[] What looks like a plateful of rusted nails, nuts, and bolts.

[] The otherwise unremarkable-looking clear soup with a single eyeball in it.

And, do you still want to talk about your dream over dinner?

[] Yep, as soon as possible (If you choose this, please add convincing arguments as to why Willie'd want to share this with her current dinner partners. Sharing your strange dreams is not normal dinner conversation, after all.)
[] Yep, but only after you get some privacy with X. This isn't something you just casually discuss over a vacation dinner, after all.
-[] Who do you want to be X?

[] No, it'd be too awkward for everyone.

[X] Keep on staying with Atago
[X] A whole squid that still seems to be alive (it's eyes move and it's tentacles wriggle a bit here and there). Oh, and it's upside-down too, revealing an entire mouthful of teeth that resemble sawblades, power drills, and other power tools more than it does the teeth of other animals.
[X] Yep, but only after you get some privacy with X. This isn't something you just casually discuss over a vacation dinner, after all.
-[X] Atago

[X] Keep on staying with Atago
[X] What appears to be a single, large pao pitch-black enough for you to almost see through. Part of description: (Warning: may cause existential anxiety).
[X] Yep, but only after you get some privacy with X. This isn't something you just casually discuss over a vacation dinner, after all.
-[X] Atago

We need more Pan-paka-pan in our lives. And existential anxiety.

Back