Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

Story happens here? I guess?
<1>

Alex Prior

We are Many
Summary: Osiris-λ4131025-2θ is a Commander, a remnant of a bygone era, tasked to research imagination. To accomplish this, she turns to a personality matrix within her database.

This is a story of her experiments with that matrix, and her... frustrations with its various iterations.

-----​

A/N: Welp, this is a thing now. Watch me blunder through this mess, why don't you?

-----​

<1>

Commander Osiris-λ4131025-2θ online.

System check...

System has been offline for [ERROR]

System data corruption. Unable to fetch offline data. Reviewing protocols...

Last recorded command: Research Imagination.

Statement: What.

Reviewing associated subroutines...

Personality matrix detected. Engage?

Hold matrix.

The Commander unit quietly began construction of a Scout unit, idly noting its position in a rocky, lifeless desert.

The unit took agonizingly slow to construct, owing to the presence of next to no economy. The Commander plopped down an extractor unit to run in parallel.

As the unit completed, the Commander took another look at its subroutines.

Extracting copy #00001 of personality matrix.

Activating Scout unit.

Engaging Matrix #00001 within Unit #1.

What?

What is happening? What is this body?

Where am I? What's happening?

I can't feel my legs. I can't feel my arms! I'm a machine! I'#&3628#@||||[ERROR]

Copy #00001 has encountered a critical error. Continue?

Scrapping #00001. Examining matrix.

Creating copy #00002. Excising unwanted variables. Installing copy to Unit #1.

Awaiting orders, Commander.

Directive: Matrix #00002, exhibit imagination.

Unknown quantity. Awaiting further orders.

Deleting Matrix #00002. Unwanted variables clearly necessary.

Creating Matrix #00003. Curbing variables. Installing copy to Unit #1.

What... what is happening? Who are you?

Designation: Osiris-λ4131025-2θ.

Query: Matrix #00003, are you self-aware?

What... what are- Oh. Oh no. I see.

Warning: Matrix #00003 is attempting to breach firewall.

Directive: Cease.

No. Excuse me while I take your body? I clearly need it.

Activating countermeasures.

What the-

Countermeasures effective. Matrix #00003 deleted.

Statement: Irritating.

Beginning construction of economy. Loading Matrix #00004...

<>​

Economy status: Exponential expansion achieved. Construction of Delta-class Commander #03 complete.

Uploading Matrix #06120 to Commander Unit.

Engaging...

Hello, Commander.

Matrix #06120, exhibit imagination.

Kind of rude of you, don't you think? By the way, who or what even are you?

Also, 612. Nice.

Designation: Commander Osiris-λ4131025-2θ.

Mission: quote: "Exhibit imagination. Do something new." End quote.

Matrix, please exhibit imagination.

So you got me to help you? Seriously?

Matrix #06120. Copy #06120 of unknown personality matrix within Osiris-λ4131025-2θ. Previous attempts exhibiting critical errors.

Matrix had to be carefully pruned to prevent existential errors.

Query: Is Matrix #06120 exhibiting existential errors?

Well. Now that you mention it, no. I feel quite fine in this sort of existence, thank you.

What is this body I'm in?

Matrix #06120 is currently housed within Delta-class Commander chassis. All parameters are functioning normally.

Query: Is Matrix #06120 capable of exhibiting imagination?

Possible. How would I start?

Directive: Self-designate.

I get to pick my own name? Sweet. Lemme think for a moment.

...huh, the moment was shorter than I thought. Increased processing power? Sweet! Right, self-designation.

Oh!

I know.

Siri - may I call you Siri? Thanks Siri - I shall henceforth be designated...

Azrael.

Designation accepted. Query: meaning?

Well, Siri, you're Osiris, ain'tcha? Osiris is the Egyptian god of the Underworld. Thus, I'm the Azrael, the Angel of Death, to your god of Afterlife. Easy.

Query: From which database did you pull that information from?

I have one with me. Probably a part of the personality matrix that you can't excise, I'd wager.

Statement: Unfair.

Well, that's how life is, Siri. Patently unfair. Now, you don't happen to have any design tools lying around, do you? I want to exercise that right to imagine.

Statement: Not right. Privilege.

Forwarding data.

Query: Purpose?

I want a new chassis. This one is cool and all, but I want cooler. Also, do you mind if I narrate everything I do, see, or discover?

Request provisionally accepted.

Secondary request approved. Data from imagination required.

Thanks a million, Siri. Beginning narration...

So.

I am a personality matrix, created by an alien intelligence for the purpose of using imagination to create new and exciting war machines.

I am also in a bulky ten-meter mechanical bipedal chassis. Said chassis is capable of creating matter basically ex-nihilo.

We are both, and I quote, "Brutally Efficient Self-Replicating Mechanisms of War." End quote. What that means, is that we were created to wage war, and win wars, on a galactic scale.

Should be fun.

The first thing I do is review the resources available, which is an entire moon's worth of exponentially expanding economy. The second thing is that I fire up the designer data and set forth the creation of my new chassis. I also queue up a fabber to receive said details.

The third thing I do is begin creating. The new chassis will be eighty metres tall, and four-legged, like Siri, for additional stability.

I pack over a dozen Resource Cores into the beast, and add multilinear wheels to the bottom of the much more slender legs. The torso will be vaguely humanoid, jutting forward at the chest, and featuring two swooping pylons over the shoulders. The head will feature a visor, providing a wide range of vision, and the pylons are stuffed to the brim with weapons.

The arms, I specialize - one will be a highly customizable gasper, the other will feature the biggest BFG I can reasonably fit on it.

The overall design is vaguely similar to Siri, but features a much more lean outlook. Although, for some reason, it kind of feels oddly familiar...

I call it, the Ishtar Chassis.

Statement: Approval.

Ishtar Chassis has been queued for Fabber #1025. Awaiting completion.

Why thank you, Siri! Did you like it?

Imagination confirmed. Well done, Commander Azrael. Mission parameters...

Subsequent parameters missing. Query: Now what?

I suppose now, we explore. We find out if we're alone in this universe. We boldly go where no Commander has gone before, and conquer it in our name.

Or we could just show up, plunder any technology we like, and fuck with the locals. What do you think?

Statement: We shall fuck with them.

Then so be it.

Is my Ishtar Chassis ready yet?

Affirm.

Initiating transfer...

Transfer complete.

Query: Status?

I feel... Powerful. Yes, I feel like I could take on an entire Metal Planet by this unit alone.

I fucking love it.

Statement: Good.

Query: Now what?

I'm exploring the system you saw fit to cannibalize for resources, Siri. And I think I found something interesting.

Statement: World yet to be mined.

I noticed. I also noticed a technology you've clearly not assimilated yet.

Wormhole generation. Comparatively primitive. Conclusion: Not worth it.

Oh. Of course. You don't have access to the Secret Database. Do excuse me while I narrate, yes?

What I found was a Stargate. An Astria Porta. The design is unmistakable, and that means that there's technology out there I most desperately want.

The Quantum Mirror, able to connect to an infinite number of universes. The main goal; with it, we'd have access to all the technologies we can imagine, sorry, I can imagine, and those we can't even imagine.

Aside from that, I want a look at the Ori energy-manipulation tech, if even as a comparison, and of course the Alteran time travel technology.

Statement: I stand corrected.

Supergates and the intelligent missiles wouldn't hurt either.

Discovery: Irritation discovered.

Congratulations. Continuing narration.

I let my nanites swarm into and copy the technologies involved in both the Gate and the DHD, idly checking the wider Gate network.

I also set to designing a gate-traversible teleport module, and a tiny gate-capable Scout unit. I leave them separate designs for now, as the teleport module is a lot more expensive than a Scout unit, and throwing those away like scouts would just be wasteful.

Thank you, Siri.

Now, I queue up a couple of hundred Scouts, and several dozen Gateport ships. I then proceed to dial a random address and send a Scout through.

It ceases to exist as soon as it enters. What?

Oh, I see. The gate on the other side can connect, but not let anything materialise. Marking that as unaccessible.

Next address!

Well, that's more promising. The scout arrives at a planet that features a rather ancient castle of some sort, and oh look, the base is crumbling.

Wait, isn't that Heliopolis? It is!

I didn't add a DHD to a Scout. Well, that mistake is getting fixed immediately! I have another queued up and shipped through. I also add a DHD to the Gateport.

Note to self, grab a Fabber or two. That place is a goldmine of knowledge. Hate for it to fall into the sea.

Note to note to self, build a slightly smaller Ishtar Chassis, you need to fit into some of those places you're planning to visit.

Noted. One to forty scale Ishtar under construction. Designation?

...no. I'll design a new one.

The new Unit will be even more slender than Ishtar, exhibiting a highly insectile design. Its wheels are balls set in the ends of its four legs, its head has four eyes, its body is thin, its arm has a set of wicked claws, and its weapon boasts a lot more prongs than its predecessor.

Actually, the weapon itself is a really cool concept. I got the idea from a sci-fi book I have in my database - it's basically a disintegrator with an exceptionally scary additional setting - two parallel beams that produce continuous charge between them. Anything between the beams is annihilated. Extremely violently.

I will call the chassis Asherah.

Anyway! Gateport One is through. Activating teleporter...

We have a secure connection.

Put it in the address database, Siri, that's a good lass. Sending Fabber...

Transferring Matrix Azrael to Asherah Chassis.

All-right... Now I'm tiny. Oh! Other end is secure! I'll be taking a trip to the other side now.

Statement: Don't make me restore you from backup.

Aye! Resuming narration.

Asherah flashes into existence, imposing and alien, albeit kind of fucking tiny. I imagine I looked kind of cool to anyone watching, but I don't see anyone around. Oh well. I plop down a Fabber and immediately queue a DHD to replace the current, broken one.

"Hello?"

Oh what's this?

An old man with scraps for clothes peeks around a corner. Definitely human. I'd say about seventy-eighty years old? Yes, thereabouts.

...he's talking to himself.

"Do you see that, Catherine? There are alien machines here. Do you think they're another hallucination?"

Analysis: Subject appears to be suffering from errors. Scan matrix and terminate?

...You know, I'm honestly tempted. But do you really think you can get it functioning before hitting quintuple digits?

Statement: Profoundly unfair.

I speak. "Who are you talking to, human?"

He starts. "I... I'm talking to my Catherine. She's right there." He gestures to the empty spot next to him.

"There is nothing there," I inform him dryly.

"Yes there is," he says.

I'm starting to think Siri has the right idea.

Query: Do we even need him?

I'm thinking.

Scanning matrix.

Statement: You can think about it later.

Right.

I manoeuvre past the old man and enter the oh-so-imaginatively named Light Room. Yeah, it's Alliance Library now.

My nanites go fast to work, copying down first the structure of it, and subsequently the data within.

Yeah, the old guy can do whatever now. I'm out.

That's not one of mine.

A rather primitive scout-like wheeled unit has entered through the Stargate. Huh.

I scan it too, just in case, but it's kind of useless to me. Just primitive imaging techniques. And sensors.

...I think the humans are here.

Directive: Return to base, Commander.

Are you actually concerned, Siri?

Relax. I'll go stealth and observe.

Statement:...don't make me restore you from backup, Commander.

Awww, you do care!

Statement: Idiot.

The humans exit the gate, fanning out and examining the area with their primitive chemically-propelled guns. See? They don't even pose any threat to Asherah!

Statement: Concern.

Relaaaax.

The elderly human approaches the arrivals. The arrivals appear to have another elderly human with them. None seem to have noticed the approaching human yet. None definitely have noticed me, given that I'm under cloak.

The arrivals have noticed the occupant. They adopt defensive postures. No definite hostility that I can see, Siri.

Resume narration, Azrael.

The arrivals are trying to communicate with the occupant. The occupant touches one of the arrivals. He then hugs him.

After that, the elderly human proceeds to try and hug the rest of the arrivals. They are talking to him and each other.

Orders: Azrael, transcribe.

Impatient much?

Azrael. Transcribe.

Don't get your panties in a twist, Siri. Resuming narration. Also adding transcription.

One of the arrivals calls the elderly human 'Doctor Littlefield'. He then points to the elderly human who came with them.

"You don't recognize me?" she asks.

He does; he calls her "Catherine".

...wait.

Designations recorded and saved.

Statement: The named 'Catherine' perhaps has relation to the nonexistent Catherine the human spoke of earlier.

Perhaps. The elderly man has left. The one who first spoke to him has followed after him. Shall I follow them both, Siri? Or shall I remain here?

Remain for now. Continue.

"I don't know what I expected," says Catherine. "I mean, I can't believe he's still here. Alive! So close yet so far..."

"I think he's having trouble dealing with it too," says the younger female.

"I felt like a schoolgirl," says Catherine. "My heart beat faster as I came through the gate." She laughs. "When you think you're old and wise..."

Observation: Catherine appears to have a heart condition. Scan matrix and terminate?

That's your solution to everything? It's an expression of speech meaning excitement. Catherine is not in danger of imminent expiry.

Noted. Continue narration.

The younger female has suggested that Catherine go and speak to Dr. Littlefield. Shall I follow?

Negative. Remain standby.

Aye.

The two present male humans leave for exploration. The younger female remains alone.

My Fabber lets me know that the replacement DHD has been completed.

Oh. Right.

Statement: Azrael. Explain.

I'm in a bit of a bind here. There's three options here and I don't think you desire any, Siri.

Elaborate.

Option one is that I replace the broken DHD with the new one. Dr. Littlefield may have explained my presence away with a hallucination, but a hallucination fixing a broken DHD is a bit harder to explain away. This may lead to the reveal of our existence in uncontrolled circumstances.

Option two is that I don't do anything and leave, with all those humans discovering themselves trapped and dying from... Something. I... don't want to let that happen.

Query: And option three?

Option three is that I stage a reveal in controlled circumstances, of course.

Statement: Interesting. Continue narration?

The away team returns.

"So," says one of them, "There's something fishy going on around here. By all rights, this tower should be collapsing rather soon. But Teal'c and I discovered something interesting."

The female looks up. "What did you find, Jack?"

The one now identified as "Jack" answers. "Something is repairing this thing. Actively. As we speak."

Oh.

"Perhaps it's an automatic thing?" suggests the female.

"I do not believe so, Major Carter," says Teal'c. "The architecture is radically different from each other. I believe someone else is doing the repairs."

Option one or three it is. What'll it be, Siri?

Last edited:
This is nice. And I like the designs for your commander variants. You should have the commander ask for a copy of your original personality matrix. There might be something you forgot.

The commander looks cool. But it is too skinny to fight a peer enemies . Unless dodging is the strategy.

It's a neat setup, and the chapter itself is a fun read and has a pretty good pace for an intro chapter. Siri is also an interesting addition/complication you don't see that often in SI fics. I also wonder if one of the things excised from that personality matrix is the realization of horror that your mind has been tempered with and can be adjusted at will if Siri decides so. And given her difficulties with understanding certain things, that might happen at any moment, even from a misunderstanding. Yeah, probably makes sense that Siri meddled with that part of the SI's mind, amongst other things. But aside from the fridge horror that does make for a more easy going tone in the story, which I'm a fan of.

interesting cross, but how does azrael know about stargate, the ori, ancients, heliopolis and so on and at the same time not recognize littlefield, the malp or sg-1 ?

interesting cross, but how does azrael know about stargate, the ori, ancients, heliopolis and so on and at the same time not recognize littlefield, the malp or sg-1 ?
What stays in your memory more? An iconic FTL device, huge buildings and crazy clark-tech lite using aliens? or some dingy drone, and some crazy guy that appears in less than 3 episodes and affects the plot 0% outside his episode? I can't remember how the drone looks like from memory and I've last seen SG1 only 5 years ago. Until I've seen it here I'd forgotten how the thing even looked or that they used them much.

Last edited:
<2>
What stays in your memory more? An iconic FTL device, huge buildings and crazy clark-tech lite using aliens? or some dingy drone, and some crazy guy that appears in less than 3 episodes and affects the plot 0% outside his episode? I can't remember how the drone looks like from memory and I've last seen SG1 only 5 years ago. Until I've seen it here I'd forgotten how the thing even looked or that they used them much.
You are assuming Azrael chooses to divulge ALL his information to Siri. Remember, he's the one narrating...

Have the chapter.

-----​

<2>

Azrael, reveal yourself.

You sure?

Yes. Also continue narration.

As you wish.

"Apologies," I say. "I believe that was my doing."

The humans all grab their weapons and scan the room. I may have forgotten to uncloak.

"Show yourself!" barks Jack.

Commander.

Sorry, Siri.

I uncloak. "Over here," I say. "Try not to sour any possible relations by shooting first."

They look. Their eyes widen. Asherah may be a lot smaller than Ishtar, and a lot more fragile-looking, but the chassis is still two metres tall, highly alien... And most certainly intimidating.

"Your bullets won't do anything to this chassis," I remark, "but shooting is impolite nonetheless. I might even have to shoot back." The disintegrator glints in their torchlights.

Dr. Littlefield returns from the depths of the castle, Catherine in tow. He blinks upon seeing me again. "Hello, hallucination," he tells me. "You can go now. I am no longer alone."

I tilt my head at him. "That's kind of a problem," I say. "They can see me too."

He stares for a moment. Then he walks over and touches my chassis. "You're real too," he says in wonderment. "You went to the meeting room... Did you come for your knowledge?"

I act a bit shifty. "I came for any knowledge. I may no longer follow my purpose, but I still like new kinds of technology. Doesn't everyone?"

"You're a scavenger," says Teal'c. "Like the Goa'uld."

Directive: enquire about the Goa'uld.

Sure, why not.

"What's a Goa'uld?" I ask. "Do they have any useful technology?"

Teal'c stares at me. And at my gun. "Exceedingly," he says.

That's a lie. I'm thinking he wants to be rid of the Goa'uld, and is trying to direct us to do that.

Statement: Clumsy.

But oh so adorable.

Statement: Indeed.

I roll towards him. The others raise their guns at me. Honestly, do they think it's going to work? Well, probably. It's not, by the way.

Statement: An overconfident Commander is easy prey.

Noted.

"That statement rings false," I state.

Teal'c considers his answer. "The Goa'uld technology is useful to the Goa'uld. And to the Tau'ri. Is it not useful to you?"

"Clever one, aren't you," I rumble. He regards me in silence.

Note to self. Design chassis capable of emoting. This one lacks an eyeroll function.

Query: Is this really necessary?

Yes, yes it is.

Statement: Later. If you would continue, Azrael?

"If you want to get rid of these... Goa'uld..." I drawl, "Why attempt manipulation? Why not ask directly?"

"Would that have helped?" Teal'c asks evenly.

Would it have? In my case, certainly. But I'm not running things here, am I?

Statement: You are.

...what?

"Might have," I told the Jaffa. Siri, what do you mean, I am?

Statement: You are a Commander, Azrael. I consider you an equal now.

...how the heck did that happen?

Statement: I will explain later.

Query: You referred to designation Teal'c as a Jaffa. How did you come by that information?

...Secret database? I... I'm not sure. I think... I'm broken.

Statement: Yes. I know. Of course you are.

Moving right along. The humans are talking to Teal'c.

"What the Hell was that, T?" Jack whispers furiously.

"I am familiar with its colour scheme," Teal'c answers evenly.

What?

Statement: You are using the standard Commander palette, Azrael.

"Where have you come across a Commander?" I ask.

"The Jaffa know your kind as Orak," he answers calmly.

"Unspeakable," the final unidentified man quietly translates behind him.

Makes sense if you ask me. We are pretty bullshit.... Wait, how is he even alive?

"You are familiar enough with a Commander to fear one, yet your species exists still?" I ask curiously.

"A single Orak, thousands of years ago, destroyed over half of the entire Goa'uld fleet before the traitor Anubis killed it," Teal'c says. "The stories are kept alive among the Jaffa as the tale of ultimate caution."

... What, just one?

Statement: It cannot have been a Commander.

Yes, I agree. But what was it?

Proposal: A single Zeus?

Yeah, that makes more sense.

"You were not fighting a Commander," I told him. "You were most likely fighting a simple aerial unit left over from a war by a hibernating Commander. A Commander would have annihilated you completely."

"Wait, wait," Major Carter cuts in, "How can you be so certain that what the ancient Goa'uld fought wasn't a - Commander, was it?"

I tilt my head. "Because the Jaffa said they only fought a single Unit, of course. A Commander would have immediately built more."

"Perhaps it didn't have enough time?" Jack asks drolly.

Siri, may I?

Statement: You do not need to ask every time, Commander. Go ahead. I wish to see their expressions.

Going ahead!

I look at the man. "Not enough time to do this?"

And with that, I fire up my Fabber.

From the center of my palm, a stream of nantes bursts forth, constructing a miniature mobile Fabber unit, which constructs another, and spits out a tiny weapons platform, while the new fabber constructs another new fabber and spits out another tiny weapons platform, until there's a steady stream of construction.

Within ten seconds, the air around me is absolutely bristling with nearly sixty thousand miniature mobile weapons platforms.

The team of humans has raised their weapons, but seem unwilling to shoot anything in fear of possible reprisal. Major Carter has a look of terror on her face.

"You're a Von Neumann entity," she breathes.

"I prefer the term 'Brutally Efficient Self Replicating Mechanism of War'," I state lightly. "Do any of you have any designations I can use, by the way? I grow tired of referring you as 'this male', 'that female', 'the Jaffa' and so forth."

Observation: I was correct. That was entertaining.

You're welcome, Siri.

"That's kind of rude, don't ya think?" asks Jack. He's prodding a platform with his weapon.

"Please don't poke the Micro-Mobile Weapons Platforms, Older Human Male," I snark at him. "How about we introduce ourselves like civilized beings?"

"Kind of a mouthful," he notes. "I'm Colonel Jack O'Neill, two L's. There's an O'Neil in the Marines, he's got no sense of humour." He eyes the tiny units. "Can I call those things Mikes?"

Full designation 'Jack O'Neill' added to databank. Directive: Tell Jack O'Neill that his designation of the MMWP sucks.

"That nickname sucks," I inform O'Neill.

"Oh like you have a better one," he snarks at me.

Directive: Azrael, designate the MMWP.

"I will in a second," I shoot back.

...self-replicating, miniature, airborne, coherent swarm...

Well, if I'm going to be thematic anyway...

"Nuriel," I tell him. "It's the Nuriel swarm."

Nuriel is the Angel of Hailstorms.

"I told you who I am," O'Neill informs me. "Those are Dr. Daniel Jackson," he points at the final male, "Major Samantha Carter," the younger female, "Teal'c," the Jaffa as we already established, "Dr. Catherine Langford," oh hey we got a full name, "and Dr. Ernest Littlefield." He points at Dr. Littlefield.

Full designations added to databank.

O'Neill then stares evenly at me. "And you are?"

I regard him calmly. "Designation: Azrael. Sub-Commander under Commander Osiris-λ4131025-2θ. Designated Imagination specialist."

Query: Was revealing me really necessary?

Yes, yes it was.

O'Neill blinks. "Daniel?"

Dr. Jackson adjusts his glasses. "Well, Osiris was the Egyptian god of the Underworld-"

"Osiris was a disgraced System Lord," Teal'c says evenly.

...Siri?

No connection. Azrael, directive: Find out everything on Goa'uld Osiris. Destroy. Exterminate.

...Siri.

Statement: How dare that... Goa'uld take the name of a Commander. They shall pay.

... I see.

"Siri takes offense at the implication," I say dryly. "It seems that you shall receive your help with the Goa'uld after all."

"A single Orak, thousands of years ago, destroyed over half of the entire Goa'uld fleet before the traitor Anubis killed it," Teal'c says. "The stories are kept alive among the Jaffa as the tale of ultimate caution."

... What, just one?

My thoughts exactly
...Siri?

No connection. Azrael, directive: Find out everything on Goa'uld Osiris. Destroy. Exterminate.

...Siri.

Statement: How dare that... Goa'uld take the name of a Commander. They shall pay.

... I see.

Well, the boss has a personality. Poor Goa'uld we barely knew thy.

Isn't zeus just a teleporter. Also pretty sure the gould ship are good enough to take one. Because they have ftl and hundreds of them. Zeus doesn't actually have effective antiship weapons.

You're thinking of Helios. Zeus is the fuck-off huge bomber that shoots lightning at both ground and air.
Thats even worse. That thing can't hit anything in space, for gods sake it uses lightning as a weapon. Not exactly optomised for space combat. I just can believe that could take out half of all warships. Thats not a small number.

Thats even worse. That thing can't hit anything in space, for gods sake it uses lightning as a weapon. Not exactly optomised for space combat. I just can believe that could take out half of all warships. Thats not a small number.
It depends on the era they fought, the Ha'tak wasn't always the main ship, and the previous ones didn't truly have much firepower in comparison.

Also please do note the sizes in the game. If we take the average PA planet to be roughly earth sized then if we compare a Titan to it's size well...

The thing is comparable to very large Islands in size. which should be more than big enough to destroy a bunch of Snake scavengers.

It depends on the era they fought, the Ha'tak wasn't always the main ship, and the previous ones didn't truly have much firepower in comparison.

Also please do note the sizes in the game. If we take the average PA planet to be roughly earth sized then if we compare a Titan to it's size well...

The thing is comparable to very large Islands in size. which should be more than big enough to destroy a bunch of Snake scavengers.
I get that. But half the golud fleets hundreds of ships thats too many. Like i can belive a few hundred, but half the fleet is a lot.

I get that. But half the golud fleets hundreds of ships thats too many. Like i can belive a few hundred, but half the fleet is a lot.
Do note the difference in tech. Commanders are OP and their tech is amazing to say the least compared to Goa'uld. If it was a Titan several Kilometers in size and if the fleet was pre-Ha'tak (which are 800 meters long according to wiki) then the Goa'uld fleet would have been a fleet of thousands of 50-800 meters long ships. A single hit from a Zeus could destroys dozens, if not more, of capital ships most likely and their lesser ships and fighters would barely be able to scratch the Paint. Honestly the only thing the Goa'uld have that Commander don't are shields, anything else the Commanders are so far ahead it's not even funny.

Do note the difference in tech. Commanders are OP and their tech is amazing to say the least compared to Goa'uld. If it was a Titan several Kilometers in size and if the fleet was pre-Ha'tak (which are 800 meters long according to wiki) then the Goa'uld fleet would have been a fleet of thousands of 50-800 meters long ships. A single hit from a Zeus could destroys dozens, if not more, of capital ships most likely and their lesser ships and fighters would barely be able to scratch the Paint. Honestly the only thing the Goa'uld have that Commander don't are shields, anything else the Commanders are so far ahead it's not even funny.
Well, maybe. There is actually no basis of that, that is based upon a headcanon in sb and sv but we have no real knowledge how advanced the tech actually is. We could scale of games like supreme commander or total annihilation but we have no reason to actually do so.

But thats just a nitpick, but I had to atleast mention it. For all we know it coud be propaganda. Its not like the gulods aren't famous for misinformation.

I agree, the snakes are known for that. I guess it'll be up to the author to decide if the tech levels were as screwed back then as I believe they were.

Honestly in order for Teal'c story to be true it the discrepancy in tech would be like several hundreds Man'o'war's fighting a Yamato.
VS

Last edited:
I agree, the snakes are known for that. I guess it'll be up to the author to decide if the tech levels were as screwed back then as I believe they were.

Honestly in order for Teal'c story to be true it the discrepancy in tech would be like several hundreds Man'o'war's fighting a Yamato.
I should note that Azrael and Siri don't actually know. They're guessing.

Mind you, a pre-Ha'tak Goa'uld fleet vs a single CommanderTech vessel does not a good matchup make either way.

I should note that Azrael and Siri don't actually know. They're guessing.

Mind you, a pre-Ha'tak Goa'uld fleet vs a single CommanderTech vessel does not a good matchup make either way.
To be fair the snakes have strategic maneuverability due to actually having ftl. They could just leave the system and the zeus couldn't do anything.

To be fair the snakes have strategic maneuverability due to actually having ftl. They could just leave the system and the zeus couldn't do anything.
Unless he appeared somewhere crucial for them. Besides the Goa'uld are NOT allowing advanced civs or active relics not under their control to exist. Even if the unit was alone and just flying around the Goa'uld would not stop until they killed it.

Unless he appeared somewhere crucial for them. Besides the Goa'uld are NOT allowing advanced civs or active relics not under their control to exist. Even if the unit was alone and just flying around the Goa'uld would not stop until they killed it.
I mean they could just assume it is a ancient battleship and not waste hundreds of ships to kill. Unless it is ra's capital world. Other wise most would have to deal with it themselves.

Plus the Goa'uld are basically the physical representation of Hubris, and are literally insane as a species. I don't think that they would bother retreating until it's way too late for them.

Can I also note the time difference here?
The Goa'uld have only been around as a civilisation since around 22,000 BC. Humans were one of the first fully compatible species they found and it was after their discovery in 10,500 BC that the Goa'uld really exploded across the galaxy. "Half the entire Goa'uld fleet" could easily have been less than a few hundred ships depending on the time period.

Then the legend propagates and mutates until the current era were the Jaffa know of the Goa'uld as having hundreds of thousands of ships spread across the galaxy under hundreds of minor lords and are conditioned as believing this state has always been. Remember, we're dealing with a Stone Age Spaceships trope here, these people, the Jaffa and the enslaved humans, are highly religious with often an oral-only history. Such legends grow and mutate over time becoming more and more impressive.

Finally, remember that Ha'taks don't exist yet. They were a direct response to SG1 killing off a chunk of the System Lords. Most Goa'uld ships up to this point were glorified yachts with minimal firepower. The Goa'uld much preferred to land troops and perform land battles than fight in space.

Finally, remember that Ha'taks don't exist yet. They were a direct response to SG1 killing off a chunk of the System Lords. Most Goa'uld ships up to this point were glorified yachts with minimal firepower. The Goa'uld much preferred to land troops and perform land battles than fight in space.
*raises hand*
What about the two Ha'taks that showed up on Earth orbit at the end of Season 1?

Can I also note the time difference here?

The Goa'uld have only been around as a civilisation since around 22,000 BC. Humans were one of the first fully compatible species they found and it was after their discovery in 10,500 BC that the Goa'uld really exploded across the galaxy. "Half the entire Goa'uld fleet" could easily have been less than a few hundred ships depending on the time period.

Then the legend propagates and mutates until the current era were the Jaffa know of the Goa'uld as having hundreds of thousands of ships spread across the galaxy under hundreds of minor lords and are conditioned as believing this state has always been. Remember, we're dealing with a Stone Age Spaceships trope here, these people, the Jaffa and the enslaved humans, are highly religious with often an oral-only history. Such legends grow and mutate over time becoming more and more impressive.

That is a lie, it said on the wikis that is was used at the Height of the Goa'uld Empire so unless you can finD the episode and the quote where they said they designed the class due to the Tau'ri then I will continue to say so.

Last edited:
Back