[X] [Scion] He disappeared some time ago. No one knows where, or exactly when. Just one day, people realised he hadn't been seen in a while.
[X] [Thief] Interfere, intercept. How do you do it, though?
-[X] We can read the minds of humans, right? Let's do that. I'm sure he has his reasons. Be gentle but firm. He can make better choices if you just explain how this doesn't serve his interests.

Updated character sheet.
Pretty good job for a phonepost I'd say, except for Villains folder not working currently.

Edit: Managed to fix the problem with Villains folder.

Last edited:
[X] [Scion] He disappeared some time ago. No one knows where, or exactly when. Just one day, people realised he hadn't been seen in a while.
-[X] We can read the minds of humans, right? Let's do that. I'm sure he has his reasons. Be gentle but firm. He can make better choices if you just explain how this doesn't serve his interests.

*Has the Powers, memories and skills of the Emperor of Mankind*
*is a Nun*
Why is the Emperor not someone obviously a Militant Atheist? :p

I realised I'd forgotten to add Endbringers knowledge to the Character Sheet, so after a few more tussles with bbcode I got it done.
There'll be a section for normal humans below Parahumans if you ever meet/get knowledge of some and they're important enough for you.
No doubt it will result in another great wrestling match with bbcode when the addition happens.

GEoM didn't really want to become a God nor to be worshipped but he was so awesome, people or even his sons couldn't help themselves but worship him.
I blame all the gold he used, heh.

Last edited:
Post 03
-[X] We can read the minds of humans, right? Let's do that. I'm sure he has his reasons. Be gentle but firm. He can make better choices if you just explain how this doesn't serve his interests
-[X] Trip him up, then pin him to the ground while retrieving the stolen purse.

You watch, seemingly confused as the man runs towards you. And then when he's in front of you, you trip him without anyone or anything noticing. He goes sprawling, skidding lightly on the concrete with the purse tumbling to a stop somewhat behind him.

Gasping properly in shock you start walking towards him, grabbing the purse in one hand before you're crouched and looking down at him.

"Are you alright?" you ask the downed man, a 26 year old Tobias Neaven who stole a purse in hopes of cash and things to turn into it in order to care for his nine year old little sister he has the custody of after their mother died of drug overdose.

"Huuowww," he manages to groan before blinking slowly back to reality.

With one hand, the other holding the purse, you gently help him back up. He's rubbing the side of his face and looking at you in confusion. Then when the woman whose purse he stole reaches the two of you and he panics, trying to run away but only manages to stumble since you're still holding his hand.

Handing off the purse to the woman who looks as if she's going to start yelling at him you instead pre-empt her by using some of your power (not even an amount of truly worth mentioning, to be honest) and say a singly word.

"Why?"

Tobias stops struggling and the woman pauses, looking as if she's discovered for the first time that effects have causes and there might've been something that caused Tobias to try and steal from her. He looks at you for a moment as if weighing his life against your question before hanging his head with a defeated sigh.

"Well?" You verbally prod him again after he doesn't say anything.

Tobias looks up, startled, and manages a "You-" before coughing into the crook of his free arm. At least he has some manners. "You really want to know?" He asks warily, eyes bouncing between you and the woman - Jessica Torch - he attempted to steal from.

You nod sternly, and even Jessica's looking guardedly interested in what drove man to such depths. Granted, it's pretty much the metaphorical equivalent of wetting one's feet in the children's lap pool, but the important thing is she isn't shouting at him or calling the police. Though one of the onlookers did that already, unfortunately.

Tobias huffs and smiles bitterly. "Would you believe I'm responsible for my nine year old sister and we're out of money after I got laid off three months ago?"

Smiling sadly you cup the hand you're in possession of with both of yours and hold it almost as if you were praying. "I do."

"Right," Tobias snorts and shakes his head, "didn't th- what?" You're surprised he didn't get whiplash from how fast he turned to gape at you. As is Jessica, for that matter. "You- you believe me? I don't- Why? You don't even know me!"

"Because you don't seem like the type of person to lie about something like this."

Tobias stares at your sad, understanding smile for a good few moments as the tears start gathering in his eyes. Then you let go of him as he buries his face into his hands and starts crying, the crying of a man who's wandered in darkness for what feels like eternity before seeing the flicker of light in the corner of his eye and started chasing after it.

With a somewhat less sad smile, you gather him in your arms and hug him, letting him cry into your shoulder as you rub soothing circles on his back and whisper hope into his ear.

It is with a happy smile you let Tobias remove himself from the hug, though you keep a steadying hand on his shoulder as he turns towards Jessica, whose sad smile turns to surprise as Tobias rubs the last of his tears into his sleeve and apologises to her. "I shouldn't have- I- I'm sorry."

Jessica's lost for words and looks to you for guidance. You smile and nod at her, which turns her confusion into a smile. "I forgive you," she says before sniffling herself, which causes her to blush and gets a giggle out of you.

It's at that point Tobias notices the crowd the three of you had gathered and looks around awkwardly at them, unsure what to do or say.

[] [Tobias] Offer him money. You have $100 and you can always get more by asking an ATM or something.
[] [Tobias] Offer him guidance. Do not go to the gangs, there are people and organisations that can help him, there always are. Though he'll have to find them himself. Perhaps there are some in the crowd?
[] [Tobias] Write in…

As you leave Tobias, Jessica, and the rest of the crowd behind you, you manage to reach the corner of the street when two people wave you down. Two of the "heroes," even. You recognise Battery with her black-and-white suit and helmet with circuit board imagery on them, though the identity - personal and "hero" - of the man in red body-hugging suit with racing stripes around his body, two of which come down his chest in a V, and a red helmet on his head eludes you.

"Hey there, sister," the red one says in almost-fake cheer even as Battery radiates irritation, regret, and embarrassment. "Nice work back there. How'd you manage to do it?"

Battery smacks him in the arm. "Come on, Velocity, leave the uh, nun?" You nod. "Alone."

"I'm just curious, Battery, I don't mean no harm in it," he says, speaking mostly the truth, but you can tell he's a bit wary of you.

[] [Heroes] Read their minds as well.
[] [Heroes] Don't read their minds, they're "heroes" and should have the benefit of doubt.

[] [Response] What do you say?

AN: I think I made myself a bit sad when I wrote the stuff with Tobias.

Last edited:
[X] [Tobias] Offer him guidance. Do not go to the gangs, there are people and organisations that can help him, there always are. Though he'll have to find them himself. Perhaps there are some in the crowd?
[X] [Heroes] Read their minds as well.

Nothing wrong with a little light mind reading. We're going to be discrete about what we learn, after all.

[X] [Response] "It's surprising how many problems can be solved by talking."

(The thing I like about this response is that it 100% does not actually answer the question.)

Last edited:
[X] [Tobias] Offer him guidance. Do not go to the gangs, there are people and organisations that can help him, there always are. Though he'll have to find them himself. Perhaps there are some in the crowd?

He needs help, people to get him and his sister on their feet properly, not a quick temp relief.

as wysteriasaid, nothing wrong with a light probe.

There's one thing this world sorely needs above all else, hope and communication. Let's give it to them.:)

[X] [Response] "Everyone has a spark of kindness within them, I simply brought out that spark."

Just gonna casually jump on this bandwagon.

It is imperative we take the chance to read Battery's mind while we have it, since it will let us learn of Cauldron and all that it has been doing. The sooner we send Doctor Mother a cease and desist letter followed by an Astartes strike team, the better.

Also, imagine if we can stabilize the Cauldron formula and have Astartes and Custodes with superpowers. Reverse-engineering xeno-tech, even if it's shards, sounds within Big E's capabilities.

As for Tobias, he seems like a good guy, so let's help him out.

Last edited:

I'm struggling whether to close the vote or not.
On one hand, there seems to be a definitive voting pattern going on here, with deviations in only 1/3 of the options.
But on the other hand no matter how definitive it is, it would be rude to not give those who voted before to not have a chance to vote ("only" 9 voters at the moment to previous update's 11).

So I'll close it in the afternoon or evening (UTC +3 time) of Tuesday, 21st of May, I think.
Or Wednesday, 22nd of May if people think that would be better.

Last edited:

I'm struggling whether to close the vote or not.
When you're feeling that the vote is pretty definitive, then it is best I think to close the vote and move on.
Votes are generally kept open longer when the playerbase is a bit divided on what do so we need more time to agree on something but there isn't really need for that sometimes.
It's a subjective matter for QMs, if you want to keep a fixed pattern with a pre-determined amount of time in which the votes are open, go ahead or if you want to go with the flow and close the votes when you feel it is best, go ahead. It depends on how you want to handle it.

When you're feeling that the vote is pretty definitive, then it is best I think to close the vote and move on.
Votes are generally kept open longer when the playerbase is a bit divided on what do so we need more time to agree on something but there isn't really need for that sometimes.
It's a subjective matter for QMs, if you want to keep a fixed pattern with a pre-determined amount of time in which the votes are open, go ahead or if you want to go with the flow and close the votes when you feel it is best, go ahead. It depends on how you want to handle it.
Thank you for your guidance.
I am quite honestly rather bad with schedules, but if when this gets rolling maybe one of some kind will develop.

I edited the previous post, and Votes are closed now.

Back