Elden Ring; a Collaboration Between FromSoftware and George R.R. Martin

Marika/Radagon likes having kids, she just doesn't care about raising them. Very standard issue nobility/royalty there, to be fair.

well at least i have time to get the three builds up to scratch that i want to play the expansion with. a Str/arcane, a Pyro Knight, and a Night Spell Blade.

What do those latter two entail?

I only have my str/faith that I played the game back two years ago with. Let me tell you, it was frustrating how all of the late game bosses had holy resist...

It seemed like that build took more W's than L's in the following patches, but I never got back on to mess around.

While there's lots of faith resist in the endgame bosses, faith also gets fire and lightning damage, so you're not as hosed by that as you'd think. The first phase of the final boss is actually weak to flame, you can kill it real fast if you lean into that.

PLEASE MIYAZAKI, GIVE US THE ACTUAL CRUCIBLE KNIGHT VERSION OF THEIR TAIL SWEEP, IT'S SO PRETTY

also the compilations of people committing suicide with the wings spell, or using it to sequence break the game, are going to be hilarious

While there's lots of faith resist in the endgame bosses, faith also gets fire and lightning damage, so you're not as hosed by that as you'd think. The first phase of the final boss is actually weak to flame, you can kill it real fast if you lean into that.
Yeah, but they didn't help me a lot, though I don't recall finding a source of lightning that I could use...

I ended up using a cheese strategy to go through phase 1 after I beat it properly, due to how frustrating phase 2 was.

God, there really is a lot of unwanted children from Marika. Or at least it feels like it, goddamn.
Marika straight-up told her children that she expected them to seek greatness and glory - and that those who she felt had failed to do so would 'become sacrifices' at her hand.

Hence why I'm 100% sure she was one of the architects of the Black Knife conspiracy. Godwyn was content to be a chill dude who hung out with his friends and protected the peace, which to Marika was an unpardonable display of weakness.

EDIT: By contrast, look at Radahn and Miquella, who she viewed with some degree of favor. One of them became the most earth-shatteringly powerful gravity mage ever known to the Lands Between, and the other was prying into the secrets of the Outer Gods and trying to create an Erdtree of their own. "I played a major role in one war and then helped found a major religious movement" just doesn't stack up compared to that.

Last edited:
Also oh my god the bears get a pokemon evolution?! That's fucked up, and clear evidence that the actual game world is going to be 100x more of a problem than the bosses.

(I don't actually know what interview this comes from)

Yeah no that's a bad omen. I interpret that as him going on his fucking SAW Jigsaw Killer arc with the poison swamps.

Can I ask what this refers to?

That's what my brain interprets the giant lion headed robe thing as, though it's more of a kingly mantle. At first I thought it was literally the robe coming alive, which would have been fun. Until I rewatched and saw that a guy was wearing it. Oh well.

Apparently there's a Japanese interview where Miyazaki mentions there will be a new, additional upgrade system of some sort to increase player character power specific to the DLC (the comparison given was Sekiro's attack power system).

It's an interesting idea. It lets them scale enemy damage to be roughly equivalent to Haligtree/CFA while potentially increasing enemy health, giving even characters who hit the effective damage cap a reason to explore the DLC area and complete side objectives before beelining the main bosses.

If the google translate version of the interview I heard was correct it seems the upgrades will only take effect within the DLC zone, so that avoids the knock-on effects of, say, increasing the highest possible weapon upgrade level and trivializing the main game.

Hope there is a way to adjust my level down. Pretty sure my build is gonna be too high level for this dlc and I don't want to do another run

With the DLC coming out I want to get caught up on the lore. What's the best source to learn about the metaphysics and history of the setting (particularly what gods, outer gods, demigods and elden lords are since that's always confused me)

the only constant lore guy who sticks in my brain is VaatiVidya on youtube. there's also a new guy Tarnished Archeologist whose videos i found interesting

the only constant lore guy who sticks in my brain is VaatiVidya on youtube. there's also a new guy Tarnished Archeologist whose videos i found interesting
Tarnished archeologist is a lore tuber I second the recommendation of.

Yes, there is a lot of speculation - potentially vacuous- that probably won't pay off, but the amount of " o f*ck me that's where Fromsoft was getting that!" I get from their videos makes them worth it.

Also led me to hear of the Seikilos epitaph, which is just a beautiful message from the past.

Back