Eevee Therapy for Little Magi (Pokemon x F/SN)

Eevee Therapy for Little Magi (Pokemon x F/SN)
Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

If there's one thing Alaya keeps running out of, it's Counter Guardians. Sure, there are some who are dutiful and ever-ready, but so many of them, especially her favorites, keep killing themsleves. So, she sometimes goes and poaches heroes from other timelines. A bargain made and agreed is far, right?

Arceus disagrees. And in retaliation, snags four of the most likely hero candidates (and one failed hero) from Alaya and drops them into his world. They deserve a vacation, and a chance to grow up properly, take their journey. What could go wrong?

TLDR: the Emiya siblings and the Toshaka siblings are dropped into the wonderful world of Pokemon, with an Eevee each.

A collaborative Patreon Work with Miho Chan.
Last edited:
Prologue: Permission, not Forgiveness, Alaya

Tale Swapper

(Unverified Madman)
Lost Among a Sea of Imaginings and Dreams
The language used in conversations between gods is infinite in depth and complexity. Those few mortals who can hear said conversations, keep from dying to information overload, and understand even the bare minimum of the concepts being traded like molecules between atoms, can spend days dissecting a single 'word'. Theological transcriptors rely on metaphor so deep in complexity that every sentence requires full paragraphs to understand, and poets who read it will weep at the layers of language used to create even the barest hint of divine melody.

To translate the following conversation into abbreviated English requires so much loss of context, emotion, and information as to make any of those selfsame poets collapse, frothing at the mouth. But it must be done to understand the purely mortal interactions which would come thereafter.

Alaya. Hands off. The overdeity and will of humanity flinched as she went to make adjustments on one of an infinite canvas of worlds. You are not supposed to be here.

I am only giving one of your children a boon, Arceus.
The goddess simpered as she wheeled to face the four-legged god-horse 'standing' behind her. Surely-

Giving one of my children – my future Chosen, no less – the powers, memories, and
regrets of one of your chained Heroic Spirits is not a boon, Alaya. Arceus responded. Especially when it plants the urge to petition you for aid in a time of need. The god-horse stopped, then continued in a tone which could, in a lesser being, be considered snide. Running out of your favorite Counter Guardian again?

What does it matter to you, goat?
Alaya's composure shattered like cheap porcelain. You have a million and one powerful beings to clean up on your world, I have nothing!

If you had bothered to make peace with, and work with, your world soul as opposed to actively fighting her, that would not be necessary. Instead, you continue to insult and belittle her at every opportunity when you're winning, then scramble when she begins to gain ground.
Arceus huffed. And now, even your favorite silver sword-bullets are running out, since you leave them miserable in your service so often.

What else am I supposed to do? Besides, you have infinite worlds under your purview, losing one chosen–

And it's that attitude which leaves me with absolutely no sympathy.
Arceus countered. If you wanted help, ask. Instead, you're repeating the same mistakes you made with Gaia, pissing off a potential ally.

Fuck off, Arceus. Fine, I'll go elsewhere…

Not quite.
Alaya froze at the satisfied lilt in Arceus' voice. You owe me forfeit. For this time, where you failed, and the two times you succeeded previously.

…forfeit?

I think I'll make this a teaching moment, a chance to see what a well-adjusted, competent hero can accomplish with help, as opposed to all the byronic lone wolves you prefer.
Arceus decided. So let's see… well, your chosen favorite, for one…

Alaya yelped as she felt Shirou Emiya's eleven year old soul leave one of her worlds. No, that's–

And his sister, of course, to keep her from becoming so broken. Hmm, what's this TOHSAKA? Might as well keep that out of your hands too…

No! Give them back!
Alaya wailed as another two souls were lifted, a fourth joining in. And the Matou? No!

Why you didn't bother to use one of your agents to wipe the Pillars from becoming Demons I will never understand. Conflict breeds power and development, but Chaldea is not a good enough reason to keep them around.
Arceus sniffed again. Ah, and the man. He's close enough to becoming EMIYA that he might take your deal, so he comes too.

Damn you!

Play with the big boys, you get smacked.
Arceus intoned. Next time you go rooting around for spare heroes, go somewhere where the local gods can't step on you with impunity. Maybe that strange Mushroom Kingdom place?

Gahh!

Shooing out his erstwhile annoying cosmic neighbor, Arceus inspected his five 'prizes'. Hmm. Reality can't handle more than three insertions, and all five in one place is asking for the Aether foundation to pick up something. Three groups, maximum distances apart. Let's see…

For the man… Kalos. With his heritage and skills, dealing with that poor madman Lysandre should be right up his alley.
With a flick of a divine hoof, the frail form of Kiritsugu Emiya was deposited in front of the Floette Memorial Hospital's Intensive Care Unit. Curse disposal is within their wheelhouse, if I recall. Not many places left which need that, fortunately…

Now for the sisters.
Arceus grimaced as he looked at the state of the younger's soul. Hmm. Well, at least that worm is dead, now that his soul's center is displaced… ugh, going to need a bit of spiritual surgery… or exposure to proper levels of developmental aura. He paused. Well, they'll need partners anyway. With a twist of will, he created a single, brown-furred fox creature, and then thought better of it and created three more. Children like cute things, and these should do the trick. Let's see… Unova. Big place, social services unfortunately strapped, enough wild areas for odd jobs or resource acquisition, perfect for them. I think. Arceus double checked. Huh, they're already out of the Cowboy phase… except that one guy. Even better.

And now for the man of the hour.
Arceus handed off the Eevee to the boy's soul, then reached back in and pulled out the Sheath of Avalon. I'll give this back when it won't spiritually corrupt and mold the boy's soul further. He mused, hanging it on his wall. Don't want him to turn into a Honedge. Now… close to home should work well enough. Welcome to Sinnoh, children.

As the last of his newly adopted and created children flew off to his world, Arceus sat back. That should change things up on this world a bit, without interfering too much in my Chosen's path. Now just to–

"Hey, what's going on?"

Arceus blinked. Mew, how did you get in here again?

The little pink pokemon spun around, looking at his boss with adorable eyes. "You still haven't blocked the drains in your sink."

Really? Ugh. Arceus groused, looking back at his world.

"So what's on TV? Ooh, some sort of isekai reality show?"

Fairly close. Get my popcorn, and you can watch it with me.

"Sure!"

Oh, and let Mario know he's going to have an annoying visitor soon.

"Got it~"

Chapter 1: Mystery Gifts
Sinnoh, Celestic Town

Illyasviel von Einzbern was used to waking up in snowy weather, after her grandfather tossed her into another training trip. She wasn't used to waking up with someone else, waking up warm-ish, and waking up with a brown critter cuddled up with her.

She was really glad said warmth had prevented her from throwing the fluffball into the woods, since one churring chinning has made her heart melt.

Illya had not known this strange fox-cat for more than thirty seconds, but if anyone happened to it, she would immediately kill the one responsible, their family - extended or otherwise - then herself. The creature was adorable, and, more importantly, was mewling adorably as it tumbled around with another fox-cat that the red-haired boy had woken up holding. The two creatures (they were yelling some variant of Ev-uh as they played. Was that a name?) seemed utterly overjoyed to meet each other, when they weren't busy demanding scritches from either her or the boy next to her.

She paid no attention to the adults already crowding around them, having already realized that she likely wasn't anywhere she was familiar with, and, dare she say it, was likely no longer on her world, given the sheer abundance of mana permeating the air. No. The only thing that was currently holding her interest were the pair of fox-cats and the-

"Are you okay?"

'Why was the redhead right in her face?!' Illya screamed internally, before realizing that the boy had asked her if she was okay. She pondered that question for a second, before nodding slowly.

"I think I am, thank you," She replied politely, taking a moment to examine the boy… who was wearing a T-Shirt and Jeans, and he was visibly shivering… but he was asking if she was okay. "Aren't you cold?" She added hesitantly, not seeing a particular reason she should be unkind at the moment. Grandpa wasn't there to smack her, which was a major point in favor of kindness.

"...I can handle it." He murmured. "Um, do you know where we are…" His voice trailed off before a note of shock entered his gaze. Well, at least he understands the severity of our– "Oh shoot, I left the stove on!" He yelped, trying to scramble upright.

"... I think the stove is the least of our worries." Illya carefully enunciated. "Also, there are a bunch of adults surrounding us, and-"

"Not everyday you see a pair of children and Eevee deposited near the Old Shrine," An elderly voice mused aloud, clearly intending to be heard aloud. "Wonder what warranted the Legends intervening this time. Feh, no matter. Come children, it is cold out here, and it will be warmer once we head to the Police Station, if only so that none here accuse me of kidnapping you for nefarious means."

Illya shot a glance over the woman, blinking as she eyed her stern countenance. Coming upright, she dipped into a bow. "My apologies, ma'am, for trespassing–"

"Cut that out. You didn't come here on purpose, that's clear, and that can mean any number of things. This close to the Pillar, probably a Mystery Gift. First time for kids, but had to happen eventually."

The red-haired boy stood. "Ah, Mystery gift?" He steadied himself as one of the fox creatures wove around his legs.

"Explain. Inside." The woman repeated. "Come along."

Not exactly in a position to argue, Illya choose to follow, barely noticing the redhead scrambling after her, far too absorbed in the game the pair of fox-cats made of the simple act of walking, scrambling to and fro, tackling each other, wrestling, only to sprint to catch up to the trio, then repeat. Giggling slightly, she only noticed coming inside when the cold abated.

As the door shut behind her, the woman sighed. "Arceus, Darkrai, and Shaymin, this is a new one on me." Turning around, she gave both children a measured look. "Well, you're dressed for the weather, but he's not. And by the fact you two aren't talking to each other, I suspect you don't know each other." She took a seat on a chair, motioning both the kids to a couch. "Sit down near the fire, warm up, and let's talk."

"Um, thank you, elder-san." The boy took a seat, both fox-cats jumping up to join him. Illya sat down, only for one of the cats to sprawl over her lap, belly-up and purring.

The old woman watched them, eyes gleaming. "Hmm. Doubt those two are stolen, but I'll need to check." She coughed. "I am Professor Alicia Carolina. And I would like to know how two young people ended up on my doorstep with rare Pokemon treating them like personal servants." She arched one eyebrow.

"Pokemon?" Illya and the boy chorused, before looking at each other in visible confusion at how in synch they had been in, though totally unintentional. The pair of fox-cats's ears perked, and both Pokemon sat at attention.

"...right." Carolina massaged her brow. "Not from around here, indeed… Arceus, what have you dropped on my lap." She paused. "Hmm. Now, should I put on one of Oak's old videos, or… nah, I can handle this."

She stood, taking a stand in the middle of the room. "Welcome, children, to the world of Pokemon." She held out one hand, a red and white ball rolling out of her sleeve. With a flick of her wrist, the ball snapped open, red light releasing a red and white being which moved to hang at her shoulder.

"Chime-mecho!"

"As I said, my name is Carolina, and I am a student and teacher of history, though that is intertwined with that of Pokemon. Pokemon are our companions, as prevalent as all the elements, whether in our everyday life or in the pages of our history books."

"Pokemon are mysterious and powerful creatures, but according to legend, here in Sinnoh, the greatest Pokemon were aided by a human in a time of great strife. Since then, it has been a pact that Pokemon and humans coexist within the world, with land given to humans and Pokemon communities alike. And each can go into the place of the other, though to do so is to accept the rules of the other."

"Those that work closest with Pokemon, and prepare them for battle, are called Pokemon Trainers. In ages past or times of war, Trainers were warriors, who used Pokemon as allies or tools to defend against catastrophe, but today, Pokemon training is a more open and less regimented affair. Battles result in injuries and coin payed, not lives lost and territory taken."

She chuckled. "And now you're taking your first steps into the wide world of Pokemon! Your very own tale of grand adventure is about to unfold. On your journey, you will meet countless Pokémon and people. I'm sure that along the way you will discover many things, perhaps even something about yourself." She paused. "Normally, this is where I'd send you out to begin your journey, but I can see you both have a lot of questions. And I need your names." She sat back down, the Pokemon at her shoulder happily drifting down to rest.

"... Illyasviel von Einzbern," Illya stated, processing the overload of information.

"Emiya Shirou. Ah, that's Clan Name, Given Name, Professor." The redhead-

"Emiya?" Illya asked, her hands closing around the now named boy's shoulders, "Any relation to Kiritsugu Emiya?!"

"He's my old man." He paused. "When he's around. He was away from home, on business in Germany when…" Shirou frowned. "I think I was making dinner…"

"... Daddy didn't abandon me…" Illya whispered after a long pause, tears gathering in her eyes as her whole world shattered with one, simple statement, "Grandpa lied… just like he always does."

"Ah?" Shirou tilted his head. "Oh, so that's why he was leaving? Even though he's sick?"

Another piece of the puzzle clicked into place, and Illya allowed herself a brief moment of awe that her papa was willing to keep throwing himself at Einzbern Castle's rather formidable defenses. "... He didn't abandon me…" Her mouth stated without her brain's permission, stuck in a loop of shattered expectations and perceived reality. "Grandpa is going to pay."

Professor Caroline coughed. "Considering you both didn't know what a Pokemon was, I suspect your grandfather is out of your reach, little girl." She looked down, and Illya followed her gaze to see both the little brown foxes shivering slightly. "Impressive killing intent for a youngster, though."

"... Grandpa was a good teacher." Illya said sweetly, already imagining her swift and bloody vengeance. "He'll regret teaching me though…"

"Please stop scaring the Eevee… or your brother." Carolina asked, eyeing Shirou, as the boy tried to press himself into the couch.

Blinking, the aura of death surrounding the sweet little girl known as Illya disappeared, and was replaced by a placidly smiling angel. "Okay."

"...good control." Carolina replied dryly. "Okay, so… personal history and future vengeance aside, young man, any plans?"

"Ah… no." Shirou's brow furrowed as he relaxed. "I… well, I guess I want to connect with my sister, now." He shrugged. "I have no memories before the fire, so having more family may be… nice." He looked around. "Ah, or maybe learn about these creatures?" He patted one of the little foxes, getting her to churr. "They seem kind, but you said some were good with magic? Can some heal?"

"Yes," Illya replied gently, a small but genuine smile on her face, "Is there any reason, Shirou?"

"Well… the old man, for one." Shirou said softly. "And… well." He rubbed the back of his head. "I have a bit of trouble with bullies… being able to patch myself up after a fight would be good, right? Dad also told me healing magecraft is really hard, so…" He shrugged.

Carolina coughed. "Magecraft?" She leaned forward. "No Pokemon, but you speak as though you're a practitioner of the old ways, hmm?" She tilted her head. "Not many who still use magic around."

"Not magic," Illya corrects automatically, "Magic violates known laws of the universe, Magecraft works within those limits." Pausing, she blinks, "There are people who practice Magecraft in this world openly?"

"I've met a few witches, there's a miko or two in the outskirts shrines around here, and the Spirit Channelers and Hex Girls are everywhere, even if most can't cast a good enough curse to kill a flea." She shrugged. "I've heard tales of wizards in the far west, and the Fairy Folks have some uncanny abilities, but magic is a skill most don't bother to pursue. Human or Pokemon, using Pokemon abilities is usually easier." She looked up at the Chimecho over her shoulder. "I could spend a decade learning to cast a levitation spell, or…"

"Chime!" The little Pokemon giggled as it's cymbal pulsed, lifting several objects into the air.

"...ask my friend for help." She finished.

Illya's eyes bugged out, while Shirou looked on with interest. "Ah, I see." He looked down at the fuzzball in his lap. "Can these little ones…"

"Right now, no." She peered at the fox with some interest. "I'm no expert on Eevee, but judging by the size of the paws, I'd say they're a few months shy of their first birthday. Too young to have much experience, they're only just now combat capable."

"... But eventually?" Illya muttered, "I think I need to do some serious research…"

"Hmm." Carolina stood. "Research is fine, but for now, I have some things I have to do. Due diligence and all that." She looked at the two pokemon, then at the kids. "I believe you both, but I am going to be checking the missing persons reports, and the missing Poke reports. For now, settle in, get used to your new partners, and I'll make lunch in a little bit."

Shirou stood up, his Eevee hopping out of his lap. "May I help, Carolina-san?"

"Sure, once I've made a few calls."

"You go ahead and do that." Illya acknowledged them idly as she made a beeline towards the nearest bookshelf, eyes wide with glee and her fuzzball dutifully following behind her. "Oooh, new books…"

Running her gaze over the titles, she eventually snagged a copy of 'Ancient Myths of the Sinnoh Region'... and after a moment, grabbed 'Atlas of the Known World'. Plunking herself back in her seat, she opened the atlas to the world map. "...vaguely recognizable, but not home." She murmured, running a finger over the part of the map where Germany should be, instead labeled 'Bussian Region'. Her gaze passed over most of the world, eventually focusing on the oversized island chain which seemed to be replacing Japan and a good portion of mainland Asia. "And we're here…"

Unova, Northeastern Dream Forest

Rin Tohsaka was pissed.

"Where am I?" She screamed into the sky, eyes darting around as she spun in place. Following her back, the Eevee that she'd woken up beside chittered happily as it carefully stayed directly behind her. Her master, after all, was currently rather angry, and the Eevee, yet unnamed, was a smart girl.

"... I don't think that yelling at the sky is going to help, Tohsaka-san…" Sakura Matou replied, her voice soft and hesitant. Rin paused, then looked down at her, visibly taking a deep breath. Sakura sat on the ground, holding her own churring Eevee to her chest as she looked back.

Rin finally got her temper under control. "Right, I know!" She replied, frustrated. She almost cut herself off from responding; they were supposed to stay separate, right? But in this situation, family alliances trumped rules by a long dead father. "Okay, first things first. How did we get here?" She shot Sakura a glance. "Do you remember anything?"

The purple-haired girl visibly paused, face scrunched up with effort, before shaking her head sadly, "Sorry. I only remember being in the basement with grandfather before I was suddenly here." She paused again, "But… It's strange. I know that something happened in between these moments, but I don't know what."

Rin's face scrunched up. "That fits with my recollection. I was just handling some paperwork when I found myself here." She huffed. "So… we're out in the middle of nowhere, with two…" She glanced at the attentive fox-critter looking up at her, tail wagging. "...maybe phantasmal beasts literally cuddling us. Friendly phantasmal beasts." She crouched, staring at the little creature. "What are you?"

"Eev-ee!"

"...that can't be your name." As the little creature nodded, Rin sighed. "Really?"

"Bui!" the creature cried happily, wagging her tail in what the older girl assumed was delight. Rin groaned, even as Sakura hesitated a moment, then said something that shocked the older girl,

"Ano… Tohsaka-san? Is it just me, or is the mana density here noticeably higher?"

Rin reached out her senses, blinking in shock as she felt the weight of the mana on her. "...are we in the Reverse?" She whispered in horror.

Sakura shook her head instantly, "No. Too little mana for the reverse. Grandpa said that a human from the modern age would quite literally explode if we set foot in the reverse."

Rin shot her a glance. "Well, that's reassuring." She muttered, looking around. "But that still doesn't tell me where we are." She frowned. "No interim disorientation, no memory of the transfer, but we're not bound or in danger. Not an assassination attempt."

"Aren't you a little young to be under threat of assassination, Ms…?" A new, feminine voice asked, a woman in a lab coat walking out of the woods, a large white creature hopping along beside her.

Rin immediately straightened, weighing a half-dozen factors as quickly as she could. Was this a mundane civilian? She had a phantasmal, so maybe not, but that didn't mean much in what was completely unknown territory, so–

"Toshaka-san is paranoid, but has reason to be." Sakura said quietly, standing up. "Do you happen to know where we are?"

"I do, yes." The new woman stated, "You're near the old Dreamyard, in the Unova Region. "Cinccino and I were on a walk, and she heard you yelling a couple miles out." She smiled, trotting forward. "Got lost on a walk…" Cinccino tugged her trainer's leg, chirping slightly. Frowning, she pulled out a red device, eyeing it, before looking up sharply. "No, she's saying you don't smell normal. At all." Putting the device away, she looked over both kids. "So how'd you end up out here?"

Rin hesitated yet again, once again ceding control to Sakura. "We aren't sure. Toshaka and I were both at home before we arrived here." Looking down, she scooped up the little Eevee. "With these little ones. Some sort of Phantasmal."

"Hmm. Not heard that term for Pokemon before…" The woman mused. "Not from around here at all, then." She smiled. "Well, I'd be happy to give you some directions, at the very least. I'm Professor Aurea Juniper."

"Rin Tohsaka." Rin stated, seeing no reason not to."

"Sakura Matou." Sakura demured, bowing, "Could you possible guide us to the nearest town or city?"

"Well, I can guide you back to Striaton City, though I have to ask, do you have any plans after we get there?" Juniper offered, gesturing off to one side. "We can talk while we walk; the sun will be setting in a few hours."

Rin blinked several times as Sakura stepped over to walk beside the professor, before shaking her head and jogging to catch up. As she closed in on them, she bit her lip before sighing. Worst comes to worst, I hypnotize her to forget us. She'll be a good source of info until then. Coming up on the opposite side of the woman, she spoke. "Before I make any decisions, I think I need to know my options. What is Striaton City? What's Unova?"

"Well, Unova is the largest Region of the Ahmician continent. We're a pretty nice place, with very different pokemon from the rest of the world." She hummed. "We're also one of the largest contiguous regions, if you don't count Russal. Striaton City is one of the larger cities in this part of the region, though it can't hold a candle to Castellia or New Tork."

"... Hah?" Rin muttered in what was intended to be a quiet voice, though the wince from Sakura hinted otherwise, "What? Ahmician? Russel? What… Huh?!"

Sakura stared at her once-kin for a long moment, before voicing their befuddlement. "Um, I think we may need to start… a little larger. This isn't Earth, is it?"

"...oh, you're skyfallers!" Juniper stopped, smacking her fist on her other hand. "Been a long time since any of you showed up. A few centuries, I think, during the various crises of the nineteenth century." At their questioning looks, the woman explained. "There've been people falling into Garde for ages, though less in recent years."

"Wait, so… this is normal?" Rin spat out incredulously. "You're just… accepting this?"

"Young lady, you didn't even know what a Pokemon was." Juniper countered. "Saying you're from a different planet is not that outrageous, considering how common they are here."

"How common…" Sakura trailed off as a trio of rat like creatures scurried by, leaping up a tree pursued by a pair of little dark purple cats. Looking past the creatures, Rin and Sakura stared into the woods as massive insects, a pair of massive shaggy dogs, and a group of grazing deer-like creatures with leafy antlers passed by their gaze. "...oh. Wow."

"It's important to realize, girls, that different worlds, even different cultures will likely have anything from a mild to wildly different take on certain things." Pausing, frowning briefly as her brow creased, the Professor nodded before continuing, "Like the difference between polite greetings in Kantoian and Sinnohian Culture. Sinnoh, being a mishmash of native cultures and settlers from across the known world at the time, greets people in a professional setting generally with a handshake, much like Unova and Galar. Kanto, on the other hand, generally utilizes bowing, with variations depending on the difference in status and the like."

"Kanto sounds like home." Sakura said.

"You do have features like some of my friends from there." Juniper resumed walking. "But human customs may be familiar, but about Pokemon, I expect you have no clue." She looked down at the two Eevee accompanying the girls. "So, were those two gifts, or did you just come across a pair of Eevee in the woods?"

"We woke up next to them, actually." Rin huffed. "I mean, they're cute and all, but I don't get why they're following me." She looked down at the fox trotting beside her, a smile crossing her face as it looked back at her with a silly grin. "...I don't mind, though."

"Bui!" The now named Eevee cried happily, leaping around in a circle.

"I would use her, from now on, Rin." Juniper lectured, "Eevee are a species of Pokemon who display their sex. Do you see how the lighter bit of their tail is shaped?" The professor gently grasped the Eevee's tail, the young Pokemon simply sitting there contently as she was used as a lesson, "That heart-like shape signifies that she's female. Males have a more spiky pattern."

"Huh." Rin nodded, watching the fox-cat cheerfully bark as Juniper fed it some kind of treat, "So, these Pokemon… they seem friendly."

"Some are, some aren't. Pokemon training used to be practiced to keep homes and towns safe from marauding men and Pokemon alike." Juniper shrugged. "There's a lot that goes into training a Pokemon, so you both have a lot to learn if you're going to care for your new partners properly."

"... They are like us, aren't they?" Sakura asked shyly. "They have their own thoughts, their wants, and they have those with good or ill intentions. The little one seems too smart to be a mere animal."

"Pretty close, though there are some which are smarter than others." Juniper smiled. "Doesn't mean you can treat the ones in the wild like humans, of course. Pokemon are smart, but as a general rule they focus on their instincts a lot more than humans do, and they're a lot stronger besides. Half of all would-be poachers die or end up in the hospital the first time they try to score. Good riddance." She stopped speaking, tilting her head. "Any more questions?"

Shirou could cook, Illya would acknowledge. Acknowledge with gusto, really; as much gusto as she dug into the katsudon he'd prepared.

"...not entirely certain what all these berries were for, but a quick sniff let me use a few." Shirou explained as he worked at his own bowl. "Cheri berries give this dish some kick, since you didn't have chili pepper."

"It's good!" Illya mumbled around her food.

"It is." Carolina acknowledged, taking a bite of her own food. "So, I've called around. Pretty certain you two are outsiders, at this point. No missing persons reports of white-haired or red-haired kids, none that weren't just taking an Unexpected Journey."

"What's that?" Illya asked as she daintily dabbed at her mouth with her paper napkin.

"Okay, first thing you should know; kids at ages ten through sixteen take what's called a 'Journey.' The idea in the old days was that you'd go out, and either come back with new Pokemon to help your town, get an apprenticeship and learn a trade, or find a partner or three and settle down in the wilderness and make your own way. These days, the Journey is a tradition, and a lot of kids follow it to get a few Pokemon friends, challenge a gym or two, and then come home and get their secondary education, or start working, if they're of a mind."

She tapped the table. "Of course, there are all sorts of kids who want to go on a Journey, but their parents won't let them, or won't support them. If those kids can get a Pokemon and get out of their local community, they can declare an Unexpected Journey; essentially getting independence enough to go off and do what all the other kids do. But there's a catch; a kid on such a journey is considered an adult, and unless their guardians choose to support them, they're on their own, no matter what happens."

"... That seems a bit cruel, to force someone to choose between doing something all their friends are doing, but only with more catches, and letting their parents win…" Shirou muttered, Illya nodding in agreement as she happily chewed on the moderately spicy food. She hadn't even known she liked this till today, but she was going to have to get Shirou to cook something with a bit more… What was something spicier called again?

"Eh, most parents come around. After all, if the kid can catch a Pokemon without help, most of them have potential. And most are smart enough to seek a sponsor." She grinned. "I've sponsored nearly fifty kids who passed through this town, including my own granddaughter." She shot a glance up to the mantle, and both kids looked up to see a picture of Carolina standing next to a beautiful blonde woman in a black dress.

"Who is that, Professor?" Illya asked softly, noting the fond smile on their host's face, "Is she someone close to you?"

"My granddaughter, Cynthia. All of my smarts, all of curiosity, three times my drive, and four times my talent." Carolina chuckled. "Most people know me more as her grandmother, rather than as a Professor. And I couldn't be prouder."

"She must be famous then." Shirou stated with certainty, "Is she part of this 'Pokemon League' you mentioned earlier?"

"She is. She's the Champion, actually." Carolina replied. "Got the title two years ago. She's the strongest trainer in the region, or at least, the strongest who bothers to compete." The old woman cracked a smile, "She almost beat Galar's Champion at the Master's Tournament a year ago, as well." Pausing, Carolina proceeded to add context, "Galar's Champion, Mustard, has been a professional battler for nearly forty years, and came out of retirement to represent Galar since their new champion stepped down. He's a generalist, and one who has a minor Legendary on his team. Cynthia still managed to battle him to the wire in her first year as Champion."

Illya stared at the woman above the mantle, and felt a spark kindle in her stomach. "...she's beautiful."

"Yes she is."

"No, but I mean… she surpassed everyone." Illya murmured. "...I want that." She felt that spark catch in her eyes, and looked down to see her Eevee's eyes flaring with the same light. "Do you think we can do that?"

"Evuh! Ee-vui!"

Carolina laughed. "Well, that's affirmative!" She set her face in astern countenance. "But if you wanna be a trainer, you'll need to learn everything a kid learns over ten years before you leave."

"You'll teach me?"

"Why not? You seem interesting, and damn if I won't let a kid wander off unprepared. Last thing I need is a dead kid on my conscience. Even if you do have magic."

"... Can you teach me as well, Carolina-san?" Shirou asked, a quiet determination flaring in his eyes, "I just found out I had family, and I'm not about to let them go just yet. And I need to find dad, or a way back to him." He paused. "I don't know why, but I think he might have come along… but he's not here."

Illya started at his declaration, emotions warring within her before she settled on joy. She wasn't really sure what to feel about her new brother yet; not after this day of revelations, but he seemed to be someone simple. Family was everything to him, it seems, and it's nice, having someone care enough about her that he'd follow her.

"... Thank you, Shirou." She said in a warm voice. She was happy, and, to her surprise, that seems to be enough for him.

But as he beamed back at her, she couldn't help but wonder if Shirou was right. If papa had come to this world with them, where was he?

Kiritsugu Emiya was used to pain. Of all sorts; physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual.

Physical pain was his oldest companion. Every Magus felt the burning heat of using magic every time they activated their circuits, but Kiri had also experienced bullet wounds, punctures, lacerations, and broken bones aplenty. More recently, the deep aches and pains as internal organs tried to keep going under the ravages of the Grail Curse.

Mental pain; struggling to keep focus even as the world was forced to slow around him, as he tried to keep his wits and faculties even in the midst of combat. He could deal with that. Emotional pain was more and more common, though. Grief for all those he'd killed, that it all meant nothing. Anguish at the loss of Iri, again, for no purpose. Horror and despair at the fate of Illya, and the burning sting of regret as he saw his adopted son warp more and more.

Spiritual… the Curse. Killing him slowly, exacerbating the other three as it ravaged his very soul.

All of these were present, but the feelings were different now, lighter.

Kiri's last memories had placed him staggering into an alley after fending off three thugs the Einzbern had set upon him. He'd won, but the effort had left him weak and near-collapse, coughing blood and phlegm into the snowy streets. He'd slid down the wall, trying to catch his breath–

–and the world had warped around him, placing a different wall at his back. Rough brickwork shifted into white stonework, smooth under his hands. As he'd laid there, his circuits and soul were both flooded with clean mana, almost too much for his battered soul to take; he'd taken a deeper breath than he'd felt in years, but that only led him to cough harder.

"Mes Dieux, sir! Are you al– no, you obviously are not, get it together dear!" A female voice, peppy and concerned, cut into his thoughts, and he glanced up to see someone who had to be from a magus bloodline; there was no way a civilian would have hair that pink. But he didn't have time to consider that, not really. He could already feel his grip on his consciousness fading away, the woman's words blurring together as the world continued to swim. Perhaps that thug had managed to hit his head harder than he though. He…

"Hey! Stay with me!" The woman with pink hair cried, lightly slapping his cheeks. The pain allowed him to focus. To stay awake. And then a golden pulse of light hit his chest, and he blinked as the pain receded sharply. He glanced past the woman to see…

…was that a pink and cream rabbit monster? The creature tilted its head, guileless blue eyes peering at him before it spoke. "Dino-au-dino!"

"Yes, he needs a full workup!" Kiri watched as the woman took a step back, pulling out a small red and white orb. "Orderly! I need help shifting a patient!"

Kiri's eyes widened as a massive, muscular figure with red veins popping out of its arms appeared before him, the rough countenance of its face and torso contrasting with the peaked white nurse's cap on its head. "Choke!" It yelled, before gently scooping up Kiri into a bridal carry. Moments later, Kiri found himself brought inside the structure he was leaning against, eyes darting about as he took in a fairly standard hospital waiting room, with the major exception of dozens of odd creatures accompanying humans or bustling about with red scarves or nurse caps.

"Well now, not often that we get a faller in our hospital." A voice spoke directly into his brain, causing him to freeze then pivot, his eyes fixing on a tall green-and-white figure wearing a white coat and staff badge, a clipboard and a tablet of some sort floating around it. "Ah, Intern Joy. Please escort this man to the fourth floor, long-term care. Just a cursory scan indicates we'll need several rounds of Life Dew immersions, over several weeks at least."

"Yes, Doctor Gardevoir!" Joy chirped. "Come along Orderly!"

"Choke!"

Kiri blinked, then let his eyes roll up in his head. Either he was hallucinating, or he was surrounded by helpful creatures with abilities he couldn't match. Better just to go with it…

The next chapter is written, and will be posted here in two months. Or... you could check my Patreon and get it right now. Look here, or here if you want to support Miho Chan, my co-author.

Last edited:
You are my hero, seriously, a slapping down of a handsy bitch named Alaya is ALWAYS amusing in the best ways.

edit after ch1 post: Also, already determined to keep an eye on this, it's so rare that all three get to be a family the only sad part is that Iri isn't there to enjoy the Poke world.

Last edited:
And then Tale Swapper and Miho Chan said: "Let there be fanfics" and then there was a fanfic. Tale Swapper and Miho Chan saw that the fanfic was good, and named it Eevee Therapy for Little Magi.

(I'm doing a bit. This was just an amusing thought that came to mind)
Anyway! Welcome to Eevee Therapy. Everything up to Chapter 3 is available on our Patreons. You can, of course, get early access there. We do admittedly have a backlog, but with our other fanfic obligations, we aren't comfortable providing everything we have for Eevee Therapy on either Patreon on SV. So look forward to more~ For it will come~

So I guess Shirou and Illya are getting a New Elder Sister when Cynthia drops by. And am I right to assume Shirou will get a Steel Type Eeveelution, Illya a Flying type one or Sylveon, Rin a rock type one and Sakura a Ghost Type one?

First a Certain Electric Trainer raised itself from the dead, and now this comes into being. Fics where characters get to experience the world of Pokemon are few and far in between, and of those fics that are actually good less so.

I wonder if the three groups will reunite at some point? It certainly is possible. Wouldn't be surprised if there is some Faller database, that notices an Emiya Kiritsugu plus an Emiya Shirou and Emiya Illyasviel (Because after all the bullshit her grandfather pulled, I can see Illya deciding to retake her father's name as a final fuck you). Then Sinnoh and Kalos would help reunite them.

Probably not right away, but something for the far future.

This was a lovely read. Looking forwards to more.

Also, obligatory Shirou doesn't have amnesia. Not a big deal tho.

So I guess Shirou and Illya are getting a New Elder Sister when Cynthia drops by. And am I right to assume Shirou will get a Steel Type Eeveelution, Illya a Flying type one or Sylveon, Rin a rock type one and Sakura a Ghost Type one?

Those would fit, but assuming we stick to official eveelutions, I predict Rin=Espeon, Sakura=Umbreon, Shirou=Leafeon or Flareon, Illya=Glaceon or Vaporeon, Kiri=Sylveon

*excited gibbering*
Aah! This is so good! You could not ask for a better start to a new year of fanfiction. I eagerly await for more of this glorious new story:D

*excited gibbering*
Aah! This is so good! You could not ask for a better start to a new year of fanfiction. I eagerly await for more of this glorious new story:D
We have 10 full chapters written, with four posted on our Patreons. We'll be posting those chapters one a month, with one released every two months on this site.

I bet at least one of them is going to stick with an eevee.
My guess is Shirou! If suits him the most out of every other isekai'd character. Evolution wouldn't matter to him, he'd stick to his guns.

Also I think Sakura gets one of the friendship Duo or flareon.

You are right for exactly one of them.

Those would fit, but assuming we stick to official eveelutions, I predict Rin=Espeon, Sakura=Umbreon, Shirou=Leafeon or Flareon, Illya=Glaceon or Vaporeon, Kiri=Sylveon

OK so based on these plus the next reply from Swapper, I'm going to assume Syveon goes to Illya(even though one would certainly help Kiritsugu with his Emotional Pain) Rin and Sakura having the Day/Night Evos respectively makes the most sense, Which would leave Vaporeon, Glaceon, Flareon, Jolteon and Leafeon in the air,,,

OK so based on these plus the next reply from Swapper, I'm going to assume Syveon goes to Illya(even though one would certainly help Kiritsugu with his Emotional Pain) Rin and Sakura having the Day/Night Evos respectively makes the most sense, Which would leave Vaporeon, Glaceon, Flareon, Jolteon and Leafeon in the air,,,
Kirisugu did not get a free Eevee. Arceus apparently gives out gifts only to good little boys and girls, and Kiri is neither. Kiri will earn his Pokemon the old fashioned way; violence, impressive feats of personal strength, and shared foodstuffs.

Ahh I'm highly satisfied that high intelligence Pokémon get treated like real people here. That always bothered me in the old Pokémon lore.

The next chapter is written, and will be posted here in two months. Or... you could check my Patreon and get it right now. Look here, or here if you want to support Miho Chan, my co-author.

Two months is... kinda rough, like damn. Oh well, NGL I'm probably going to forget about this story in that time, hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised sometime in Feb/March.

Other than that great setup, I would be more excited but, well... two months.

I just can't read anything involving Eevees and not give a smile. Their just so adorable and even better when their being adorable while completly owning their foes. Their one of the Pokemon that just make me smile and wish I could give them a hug.

Though I am wondering with the mention of the regions and all. Mainly wondering about the region of Orre considering it was based on Arizona while Unova was New York I think. More curiosity really as Orre is just one of the regions that I find memorable.

But anyways, this does seem interesting with all of them in the Pokemon world. At first was thinking something like Eevees showing up in fsn, but this is even better.

....Also just kinda want to think the Eevees for their respective ones inherit some things such as personality aspects or something. Which mostly lead to the image of an Eevee helping Shiro cook. So now I'm just really hoping for a scene of Shiro's Eevee being an assistant.

Update schedule seems long but eh, will hope to not miss when it gets a update.

Kirisugu did not get a free Eevee. Arceus apparently gives out gifts only to good little boys and girls, and Kiri is neither. Kiri will earn his Pokemon the old fashioned way; violence, impressive feats of personal strength, and shared foodstuffs.
... I mean, he is extremely good at the first two and the last one is... Either he's great at cooking himself and taught Shirou or he's great at inspiring the need to get good at cooking in those around him. So the last one's either going to be excellent as well or the worst mistake of the poor, poor pokemon's short life. :V

... I mean, he is extremely good at the first two and the last one is... Either he's great at cooking himself and taught Shirou or he's great at inspiring the need to get good at cooking in those around him. So the last one's either going to be excellent as well or the worst mistake of the poor, poor pokemon's short life. :V

For cooking it's the later, don't know if it's just fanon that the Guy burned water and relied on Rations before Shirou learned to cook

Finally got around to reading this after you two shared it over on the COAL server. (Still need to update my pfp here, but whatever, my name should be recognizable).

I like it.

I like it very much.

On my predictions for the Eveelutions:
Shirou -> Flareon (To help him cook. Having a Fire-type Pokémon is always good for cooks.)
Rin -> Umbreon (This is just based on Vibes, tbh.)
Sakura -> Espeon (She needs some sunny disposition in her life.)
Illya -> Sylveon (She deserves all the love. Plus the color scheme fits.)

Back