Dungeon Meshi aka Delicious in Dungeon (Anime Thread)

One of the more interesting things about the party dynamic is the role of the Ranger, or more accurately, the lack thereof.

Because despite Laios 'They Let Me Milk the Minotaur' Touden being Like That, the reason he's the party leader is that he fits the role of the leader very well as he's able to keep a cool head on his shoulders. He's also very knowledgeable about a lot of monsters, which is something that fits the Ranger archetype. And while food prepping and survival hasn't really been done well in D&D ever (thank you for no goodberries Ryoko Kui), Senshi fits in the role of survivalist and chef. The manga is just really good of not conforming to one fantasy class archetype and spreads out these traits amongst a number of characters.

And this is why Dungeon Meshi continues to be peak, based, and kino, as the kids say it these days.

See this episode reminds me I would hold a grudge way more

It also gives a good example of why chilchuck is devorced

Not mixing business with pleasure
Looks at her getting turned on my long legs being a decent reason she wants to join the gnome party
& the reason he's there is because he likes the party
Not giving freebies in a competitive field.
Looks at him doing that exact thing.
Also I still think that fucken off like she did should be a black mark.
"Will ditch you when you need her the most"

Getting paid upfront being safer.
That's totally negligible in a system where you can die and then have to pay for it

Last edited:
Looks at her getting turned on my long legs being a decent reason she wants to join the gnome party
& the reason he's there is because he likes the party

Looks at him doing that exact thing.
Also I still think that fucken off like she did should be a black mark.
"Will ditch you when you need her the most"

are you combining Chilchuck and Namari into some sort of gestalt entity? i'm mainly talking about Chilchuck here.

As far as i know, the only reason he's around for the rescue is because he got paid upfront.

That's totally negligible in a system where you can die and then have to pay for it

Disagree, you can get paid, deposit the pay at a bank / send if to family / what have you before entering the dungeon and risking getting it nicked. it's established that the corpse retrievers go through pockets and take more than their normal cut. not having your entire pay on you is much safer.

Also IIRC res spells only work *in* or near the dungeon and only if they can get your body back reasonably intact. So there's no guarantee that you can get rezzed. Getting paid at least partially upfront is common sense.

are you combining Chilchuck and Namari into some sort of gestalt entity? i'm mainly talking about Chilchuck here.

As far as i know, the only reason he's around for the rescue is because he got paid upfront.
Also no I was just giving examples for both of them because he was talking about Namari

Oh so if I am wrong sorry but now I am assuming you got in with the anime?

The scenes with Kaka, Kiki, and Namari on the surface remind me, I hope they find somewhere to fit their leg pouch conversation in. I mean it was a bonus page, and I don't think they've added any of those in so far so I doubt they'll do still one. But still, I hope.

Well today's episode was an absolute banger. Made with all of Trigger's usual love and delightful amount of casual banality that made digging through a dragon innards all that much more horrifying.

I think this is the first episode without a cooking montage.

Also, damn, seeing dragon steak does a number on me during Ramadhan.

I'm... not sure if any of them would? It's been a long while since I've read HxH, but I seem to recall it being a notably higher level than dungeon meshi in terms of combat and whatnot. The dungeon folks aren't particularly high level combatants by anime standards, I don't think, and that's a bit of a deal breaker (and possibly lethal) for the exam.

I mean, assuming you do equalization I would say probably Senshi, Laios & marcelle
Fallen could pass it but probably wouldn't take it

Back