Don't assume your dreams are just fantasy - KINGDOM HEARTS IV

Calling it now, we're not seeing 4 till the 2030s.

Too many gachabux to make off the mobile games.

Also I'm not entirely sure they won't use it as a testing ground for the NFTs they threatened us with around New Year's (if it DOES come out in a year or five).

The only reason I would assume otherwise is because Disney has their own NFT department and they're on par with Nintendo for IP defense. But even that's not a 100% guarantee.

10/10 a cultural reset 1 trillion copies sold

Calling it now, we're not seeing 4 till the 2030s.

Too many gachabux to make off the mobile games.

Also I'm not entirely sure they won't use it as a testing ground for the NFTs they threatened us with around New Year's (if it DOES come out in a year or five).

The only reason I would assume otherwise is because Disney has their own NFT department and they're on par with Nintendo for IP defense. But even that's not a 100% guarantee.

You know they released multiple games between KH2 and KH3, right? And that the period between KH2 and KH3 was a period of time when Square Enix and really most of the games industry were shitting and pissing their pants struggling to adjust to HD development, also known as All Of 7th Gen? And that KH3 was delayed in order to shift development from the Crystal Tools/Luminous engine which was so notoriously shithouse it tanked every game that used it, to the far more stable and normalpilled Unreal Engine 4? And that even setting all of that aside, the new mobile game is being made by a different fucking team and it doesn't affect how long KH4 takes to come out in any way shape or form?

Apply brainpower before speaking.

I think the bit at the end is Hades. That blue flame is his go to IIRC and it would make sense for Donald and Goofy to ask a god of the dead about Sora.

I didn't recognise anyone from TWEWY, nor whoever spoke up to Donald & Goofy, but the latter was expected from it being all in Japanese. Wonder how the trio shall reunite? Also who the mystery fellows watching Sora battle a heartless were, being as Ansem is defeated now.
I think the bit at the end is Hades. That blue flame is his go to IIRC and it would make sense for Donald and Goofy to ask a god of the dead about Sora.
Yeah it's him, starting up blue and flaring up red when mad is his thing.

You know they released multiple games between KH2 and KH3, right? And that the period between KH2 and KH3 was a period of time when Square Enix and really most of the games industry were shitting and pissing their pants struggling to adjust to HD development, also known as All Of 7th Gen? And that KH3 was delayed in order to shift development from the Crystal Tools/Luminous engine which was so notoriously shithouse it tanked every game that used it, to the far more stable and normalpilled Unreal Engine 4? And that even setting all of that aside, the new mobile game is being made by a different fucking team and it doesn't affect how long KH4 takes to come out in any way shape or form?

Apply brainpower before speaking.

I'm very aware; BBS is one of my favorites. That said, I will always and forever be salty that plot critical information will be locked behind gacha. The collections did a lot to cover the cross-platform curse, but the only way to get the picture from the Gacha (without playing) is either being very good at wiki walks or having the attention span to stay engaged for a YouTube dissertation.

Now more gachas with plot relevance are coming out and we'll be expected to know that backstory to play the main games and make sense of it.

That all being said, I did not know about the hardware issues - from what I knew, I thought it was a copyright battle to get Toy Story in by Nomura and he wasn't going to release a numbered entry until he could. Which might have been hearsay, in which case mea culpa.

As for the gacha issue, I don't mind when those games are primarily self-contained (FGO, etc), but when worldbuilding and creating lore relevant to a console release series it really kills the buzz.

Agreed. Personally I'd prefer a XIV cross with Emet-Selch, but Hades(Disney) is such a long-standing character in the franchise that it makes more sense.

Okay so like, while KH4 is great and all...

They finally gave my boy normal shoes. Man.

Also, the near-hyper realism is kind of jarring when you first look at it. I kind of think that Sora will go back to a more cartoonish look out of Quadratum, but as it is it will take a bit of getting used to.

...I do kind of hope that we get to play with someone different for a significant part of KH4. So like, Sora will have his adventures in Quadratum while the party will be working hard to actually try and get there or something.

On another note, Sora's abilities with the Kingdom Key are eerily similar to the effects of the χ-blade. I guess the whole bequeathing ceremony between Xehanort and Sora theory was accurate?

I noticed that Sora had normal sized shoes in that trailer and am deeply haunted by that knowledge.
Edit:
On another note, Sora's abilities with the Kingdom Key are eerily similar to the effects of the χ-blade. I guess the whole bequeathing ceremony between Xehanort and Sora theory was accurate?
It's actually pretty similar to some of the things that the Lingering Will did clear back in KH2 final mix. Sora pulls out both the Keyblade Whip and the Keyblade Drill.

Last edited:
I hope since Strelizia is there, we get her talking to Sora about her friends.

Strelizia: "Have you met my friend Elrena? She's such a sensitive girl, I hope she's handling my death okay..."
Sora: *remembers Larxene* "Uhhhh...."

They'll have to some explaining for Sterlitzia, Mrs only has a passing knowledge of the bigger lore and thought she was Kairi's sister.

If that is indeed an AT-ST, and that is indeed a Star Wars world, I can't wait for either Riku or Terra to run into Darth Vader and see their entire character arc from the outside.

I really think that's just a rock.

In general I feel like something like Star Wars is too... dense to function as a KH world. Like how the Final Fantasy characters have always been repurposed to play roles in other worlds and we've never had a world that was like "play through the plot of FF7!".

In general I feel like something like Star Wars is too... dense to function as a KH world. Like how the Final Fantasy characters have always been repurposed to play roles in other worlds and we've never had a world that was like "play through the plot of FF7!".
Counterpoint - Pirates of the Caribbean without 2, and not all of 3 either

Just drop Sora in for part with no context, he'll be fine

View: https://twitter.com/SebastianTano90/status/1513194003910508549
Better comparison between the two. It's 100% an AT-ST foot, it's got the little nubs on the sides, the rim at the top of the foot and you can see the round thing in its heel.

Last edited:
It's funny, a friend on IRC asked 'I wonder when Star Wars will get in Kingdom Hearts' just last night, while we were talking about the announcement. The answer is ... now!

All I want is for something from Disney Afternoon to show up. Gravity Falls, Amphibia, Owl House, Kim Possible, whatever.

I think a Ducktales world is too much to hope for, but I think it'd be fun if Scrooge and the Duck triplets showed up with their 2017 redesigns.

Also, if we're doing stuff with metafiction, does that mean Yozora is the equivalent of some fan's self-insert?

Last edited:
Owl House would be amazing, but given The Mouse gave a pretty harsh deadline for amount of seasons I don't think they're gonna try to put it in the game.

Like it wasn't cancelled, but 'you get one more season and some OVAs' when considerably more was expected says a lot.

But that's another thread entirely. Basically, I'd expect Kim Possible or something before Owl House.

What Disney TV shows are popular in Japan? That's the deciding factor.

Back