Disney Descendants, the upcoming Disney's adaptation of a fanfiction plot

how the fuck does that even work? They do know about the different time periods and even locations the storylines took place?

101 dalmations was in England after WW2.

Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella was in Germany, more then likily taking place in different time periods and/or were apart of the same family based off that, seperated by a few generations.

Jafar...he was in the middle east, and it could have happened before the time of Christ. (Or extreamly far into the future in a post apocolptic future depending on which theroy you follow.)

lisjdyf'opisdjg'olidhdheranglkierthngwogikvnwrel/vn/lwkenv

Fuck this movie.
i think you just put more thought into this... thing than the entire team of writers and most all of the behind-the-scenes people. I wish I was joking, too.

If Disney -and Hollywood in general- are so creatively bankrupt that they're just going to say "fuck it" and adapt fanfiction rather than promote some new IPs, the least they could do is adapt good fanfiction.

If Disney -and Hollywood in general- are so creatively bankrupt that they're just going to say "fuck it" and adapt fanfiction rather than promote some new IPs, the least they could do is adapt good fanfiction.
I know fanfic writers who legit and dead-all serious could do this far far better than this. And not just SB/SV folks, either.

No shit. Hell, I was writing better fanfic than this when I was fifteen.

Heh. Who's got the rights to the His Dark Materials treilogy these days?

I was referring obliquely to the first really successful fanfic I ever wrote, back in highschool when His Dark Matrerials was making waves in YA lit. Someday I'll reboot it, because the premise was really kind of cool.
Ah. Well, when I was in school it was Animorphs that was the YA hit... Along with books like The Hatchet.

...is Young Adult stuff supposed to be for middle schoolers? 'Cause I think I read all those by the time I was in seventh grade. :confused:.

Also, as with all things this movie and the fanfic that it's derived from would be greatly improved via the introduction of Iorek Byrinson.

They have, what do you thing hitchhikers guide to the galaxy is? It certainly follows the same themes as an SI story.

I have seen the movie Galaxy Quest and that book of R.A. Salvatore where a dude who likes to read Tolkien gets thrown into a Fantasy land by a elf and a leprechaun called Mickey McMickey. They are both not really SI to me, same with Hitchiker's Guide ot the Galaxy. Mostly because a.), they aren't not actual Self-Insert but characters that exist in the Setting (Closest Thing is the R.A. Salvatore book if the Main character was based on the author.) and b.) they weren't existing Settings but original ones.

If George Lucas Wakes up in Star Wars, well that would be a Self-Insert by my opinion.

I have seen the movie Galaxy Quest and that book of R.A. Salvatore where a dude who likes to read Tolkien gets thrown into a Fantasy land by a elf and a leprechaun called Mickey McMickey. They are both not really SI to me, same with Hitchiker's Guide ot the Galaxy. Mostly because a.), they aren't not actual Self-Insert but characters that exist in the Setting (Closest Thing is the R.A. Salvatore book if the Main character was based on the author.) and b.) they weren't existing Settings but original ones.

If George Lucas Wakes up in Star Wars, well that would be a Self-Insert by my opinion.
Well, one "Official" example of an SI would be "The Wizards Three.

I imagine a Dark Tower Series adaption would involve SI at one point.

Anyways. WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH?!!?

The worst part is that my sister and cousins will watch it and think this is the best thing ever...

As for me... just... no.

As someone with a little sister who monopolized the TV, I can authoritatively state that among Disney Channel Original Movies, this will be one of the better ones. At least it's not a crossover with Hannah Montana.

It seems like they could have taken this basic concept and made it work about a hundred times better by, instead of having them literally be children of entirely mismatched villains, making them a group of upper-class twits who found some sort of magic thingamabobs that allow attuning to the abilities of some character out of a movie. Of course, they're all secretly Disney fans (and don't want to admit the films they've attuned to out of fear of the other three losing respect for them), which plays in a brand-affirming background way into a Clueless-style "selfish and superficial people learn to be more genuine" plot (but with more magic and stuff).

Zenon: Girl of the 21 Century
Maybe plebians like you can't appreciate Zenon, but the flame will burn forever in my heart.

Last edited:
Man, I'm going to feel so sorry for the Nostalgia Critic, in between laughing at his misery as he's forced to watch this drek. Just reading you guy's comment is making my balls shrivel up and retreat to my stomach painfully from the sheer horribleness.

You know, it's funny. This movie is getting a lot of attention and crap about it but like...it's a DCOM. It looks no better or worse than any other DCOM. Cheap effects and bad writing and total tween-ness of it all? All totally DCOM. The only difference is the brand recognition with the villains. It's stupid for sure but man it's like when Sharknado got attention despite being totally typical of a SyFy original movie. I find it hilarious that it's something people get worked up over despite being nothing new. Like this won't be any landmark in terrible I'm sure, it's just Disney Channel continuing to not know what the hell children and Tweens care about. It's stupid but let's not pretend it's NEW stupid outside the premise. These people made High School Musical, they can't dig much lower really.

The thing is, Disney used to be legitimately good. I'd put the original 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarves' pretty far up there as far as quality goes, and it's probably 70 years old now. And heck, even now they're producing some pretty good stuff- Frozen, for example.

It just seems like their QC is shit when it comes to live action and serials, when compared to feature animations- And for some reason they don't recognise this, so they just keep on going.

Back