Demon's Souls Remake

With the kind of effort Bluepoint is putting in here, Sony might as well be putting a gun to the head of Soulsborne fans and saying, "You will buy a PS5."

Eh. I don't particularly care for Demon's Souls gameplay. Bloodborne 2 would have gone a lot further toward making me hurry up and buy a PS5.

It can't be longer than Winds of Winter.
Chinese Democracy took 11 years from announcement to release (and wasn't even worth the wait). Duke Nukem Forever took 14 years between announcement and release. There were also 14 years between the start of work on Detox and the announcement of its cancellation. And ofc Valve infamously can't count to 3.

The Tsukihime remake was announced in 2008 and still isn't out. I don't know when GRRM started proper work on TWOW besides "a little earlier than 2010?" but right now Nasuverse fans have definitely been waiting the slightest bit longer.

Today is release day for the PS5, on which this beautiful remake would be played. So I would post a more robust comment but THERE ARE NO PS5s LEFT ON THE PLANET!!!!

I'm not sure that's strictly related, but it feels good to say it.

So if anyone ordered the digital deluxe edition of the game, you don't start the game with the preorder stuff in your inventory, you only get that stuff when you go to the Nexus and use the services of Stockpile Thomas.

Thanks to Prod, Vaati, and FightinCowboy, I will now sum up the preorder weapons and armor: they're ok.

Ritual Blade: strength weapon, Temple Knight can wield it one handed, stat scaling is on the low end, might use Colorless Demon Souls to upgrade.

Reaper Scyth: requires 13 STR and DEX, doesn't do any magic damage despite the effect when you swing it, has bleed, stat scaling isn't great either, may also use CDS for upgrades.

Hoplite Shield, no class seems able to use it one handed, it's heavy, and huge(it might be a greatshield?).

Red Eye Knight Armor: heavy, has a cool red eye effect, stats are decent(slightly better than the Knight's armor).

Boletarian Royalty Armor: light armor, looks good for fashion, chest piece is somewhat better than the Royalty's starting chest piece.

EDIT: so apparently you can't upgrade the preorder weapons at all.

Last edited:
There has been someone who has managed to glitch around and found out that Bluepoint REALLY doesn't want people past the door by locking that space down.

If you're going to get people excited for a new secret in a game then of course you're going to put some effort into making sure someone can't just glitch their way to it.

Plenty of more NPC details, the MIB has soot all over her feet from the candles and torches.

One can say she has....

Dark Soles.

Plenty of more NPC details, the MIB has soot all over her feet from the candles and torches.

One can say she has....

Dark Soles.
Get out.

Anyways, it's looking like the ceramic coins that appear in fractured mode are the key to the door mystery (Bluepoint also made sure you can't dupe them while leaving the dupe glitch intact), 10 have been found so far.

I am skeptical that there will be anything there that equals the hype, certainly not anything requiring significant DLC since not everyone will be willing to play through multiple times

Back