(viewing humans as resources) That makes sense. She'd probably start thinking of Emma as not just her friend, but as a source of tasty blood. And Emma would get literally hooked on her feeding on her.

To be honest, I sorta wanted to see that backslide into being less-human happen.

... Kinda like Dominion, but more vampire-y.

Last edited:
I felt the brush through my hair again and again like the gentle waves beating against the sands when I was just a girl and my mom took me and held me and smiled and that's what it was, and I held her tight and smelled not the fire and blood and fear and charred flesh but Emma and only Emma and nothing but Emma; there was nothing at that moment that I wanted to smell and so I didn't smell it, and that was that, but there she was and there was the brush and that was the world and there was nothing more than contentment and she was talking and I heard her voice but the words didn't register, yet it was okay, yet it was okay that I heard but didn't listen because somehow I knew: somehow I knew when I saw her.

Everything was going to be okay.

As the story is over, I'm just gonna go back and remember a happy moment from it, and pretend that this was how things were going to work out for Emma and Tay.

I'm aware that most people will be angry at me for necromancy, but if you liked the Vampire the Requiem stuff you saw all those years ago, then maybe you'll like some of that horror more polished? It's not Worm fic, but I figure that at least some people would be interested in knowing I have a... new Quest! Involving Vampires of the same sort Taylor became.

forums.sufficientvelocity.com

Time To Die: A Vampire Quest (V:TR) Historic - Horror

Time to Die is a bloody slice of Vampire: The Requiem, set in the past, whether somewhat distant or recent, of America. The dying memories and thoughts of a vampire whose time is finally up. An early October present/Quest. Enjoy!

Back