COURAGE AND HONOR! (Worm/TTS crossover)

May the spiritual liege guide you!
I probably should be working on perfecting my writing style, or finally continuing that Angron story I had ready to go...

Nah. Let's write something fun.

Disclaimer: I do not own any of these franchises...but that's not really surprising is it?

Winslow High, Brockton Bay
January 19, 2011
9:15 AM

Taylor Hebert slept like the dead, succumbing to exhaustion after an hour of yelling and battering her locker doors. In her sleep, a pair of bright beings circled each other.

[Destination]

"…Ultramarini!"

[Trajectory]

What was that noise?

[Agreem-

"Agitatis Ultramarini! Dominitis Ultramarini! Non Praestatis Ultramarini!"

Taylor Hebert woke to disgusting filth and loud chanting. She sluggishly twitched and moved in the muck that tainted her locker, maneuvering herself to the locker's narrow opening. The small gap offered nothing to her eyes, only a dim view of the faded blue lockers opposite hers.

The Latin(?) chanting increased in volume, followed by surprised shouts and the sound of [is that the floor?] something cracking. Something finally passed by her locker's miniscule opening, a teacher furiously backpedaled past, gone in an instant. Followed by screaming students, faces stricken with fear and uncertainty. She could hear the familiar pattern of footsteps, though much louder than any she'd ever heard. A series of thuds shook the floor, getting deeper the more she listened.

She soon realized what was happening.

"Chaos Innumeratis! Chaos Vobis Apportatis!"

[It isn't getting louder, it's getting closer!]

The chanting seemed to reach its peak, booming off the walls. The rhythmic beat of steady footsteps became a stampede, getting even closer. A high pitched and shrill voice could be heard amongst the chanting voices. However, whatever it said was drowned out by the others, who had voices like a pair of grinding boulders.

"I, CATO SICARIOUS…"

[Is the school under attack? Am I gonna be left here, in my locker? What if they find me?]

As they got closer and closer to her prison, the chanting lowered in volume, the high-pitched voice returning. She was able to vaguely make out what was said.

"WHERE IS IT!?" The voice screeched, a metallic edge present in its every word. The rest of the chanting had stopped at the shill one's question. They slowly plodded along, outside of her sight, making soft thuds as they walked along the hallway her locker inhabited.

Taylor suddenly heard a pinging noise, no longer obstructed by the constant chanting. It sounded just like the sonars in movies, a sharp echoed "ping" that would slowly fade out.

[What are they looking for?] It wasn't her, that's for sure. No one wanted Taylor Hebert, school pariah and outcast.

A blue helmet obstructed her impromptu window and peered inside. Red glass and a grey snarling grill in the place of eyes and mouth, it quickly focused on her, before its head turned away, calling out to its comrades.

Taylor let out a freighted scream, before covering her mouth and backing away from the door. Her back impacted the end of her locker, making a muffled "thump."

[Oh God, I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead-]

"Inside this storage container sir!" The red-eyed helmet bellowed, before moving away from the gap.

The locker door was torn from its place, the cheap metal coming apart with a loud screech. A massive armored figure crouched in front of her locker. It had to almost lower itself to the floor in order to look inside her locker. It was wide enough that she could only see most of the body, its shoulders and arms outside her view. White styled "U's" covered its body and red cape draped from the back. Strange trinkets, decorations and ornaments dotted its frame.

"SERGEANT, IS THIS FILTH COVERED MORTAL THE PACKAGE!?" The giant yelled, standing aside and pointing a massive hand towards her. Another blue armored giant stepped into view. Unlike the first one, his [There was no way a girl had a voice like that.] armor had very little markings or decoration, only one of those "U's" [What were they called again?] on its chest plate.

The giant held boxy grey device in its hand, with a slim antenna sticking out of it. He pointed it at Taylor. It emitted a sharp "ding," and made a humming noise.

"Yes indeed, sir," the giant chirped.

"W-what do you want?" Taylor stammered out, teeth clenched. The first giant's head peered slightly past the locker wall. "I, CATO SICARIOUS, HAVE BEEN SENT TO RETRIEVE YOU!" The now identified Cato yelled.

"What fo," Taylor began, before Cato reached in. With no space to move or dodge, he soon had her in his grasp. She screamed and pounded her fists into the massive armored gauntlet.

Then he stuffed her in a sack. Taylor's vision turned black.

"WE ARE WITHDRAWING!" Her captor proclaimed, sounding very pleased with himself.

Taylor felt her new prison move, before she was lifted into the air and draped onto something, stomach facing downward.

[Am I getting carried like a sack of potatoes!?]

Outside Taylor's clothy cage, her muffled protests and screaming were ignored. The Ultramarines strode away from the now ruined locker, prize in hand.

They started chanting again. Full blast.

"Agitatis Ultramarini! Dominitis Ultramarini! Non Praestatis Ultramarini! Chaos Innumeratis! Chaos Vobis Apportatis!"

[--------------]

Deafened by her kidnappers' chanting, [More like screaming.] Taylor didn't so much as hear, but feel the impact of her captors charging through something, the impact harshly jarring her.

There was something going on outside [Am I outside the school?] her sack, but she couldn't make out anything specific over the CONSTANT AND BOOMING CHANTING.

"HOLY SHIT THEY CAME OUT THE WALL LIKE KOOL-AID MEN!"

"THIS IS THE PRT! PUT DOWN YOUR WEAPONS AND SURRENDER!"

"DROP THE SACK!"

"VISTA, DON'T LET THAT TRUCK GO COME ANY CLOSER!"

What Taylor could recognize was the distinct sound of police sirens. [Thank god, I'm saved!] A roaring engine could be heard in the distance, some massive vehicle moving towards them.

In response the booming chanting turned into LOUD SCREAMING.

"RELEASE THE LAND RAIDER, WITCH!"

"HOW DARE YOU IMPEDE I, CATO SICARIOUS!?!?!?"

"THE ULTRAMARINES WILL ALWAYS TRIMUPH!"

"BLUE IS THE GREATEST COLOR OF THEM ALL!"

"DROP THE SACK!"

[WHATS GOING ON!?]

"SURRENDER AND UNHAND THE HOSTAGE!"

"COURAGE AND HONOR, BATTLE BROTHERS! CCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHAAAAARRGGGGEEE!!!!!!"

The pitch-black interior of Taylor's bag was interrupted, bright light pouring in from a newly made tear. It was just close and big enough for her to gaze outside.

[Wow these guys are tall.]

She was at least 7 feet from the ground. A short superheroine stood a mere 10 feet away. She looked up stared at her, clad in green armor, mouth agape.

Her view of the outside world was interrupted when the one carrying her spun and moved. The cloth shifted, obstructing her sight. Her stomach protested the abrupt change of pace.

[I think I'm gonna hurl…]

The sound of metal clashing rang outside, barely dulled by the chaos.

"YOU ARE NO MATCH FOR MY LEGENDARY SWORDSMAN SKILL, MORTAL! HAAAA!"

A loud thump echoed, followed by a crash and SOMEHOW EVEN MORE SCREAMING.

"ARMSMASTER!"

"HERO DOWN! HERO DOWN!"

"REQUESTING PERMISSION TO USE LETHAL FORCE!"

"THEY'VE GOT A HOSTAGE, NO ONE FIRE!"

"THIS IS MS.MILITIA, REQUESTING SUPPORT!"

Suddenly the massive roaring got even closer. She felt the ground shake and rumble, accompanied by a thundering cheer from her kidnappers.

"YOUR PUNY METAL BAWKES ARE NO MATCH FOR OURS!!!"

"BACK TO THE FORTRESS!"

"REMEMBER THIS DAY AS THE DAY YOU WERE BESTED BY I, CATO SICARIOUS!!"

To Taylor's dismay, they ran towards the roaring sound. She heard a brief sliding noise and felt her carrier step on something. The sounds of battle silenced, barely whispers inside whatever vehicle she was in. They grew only more silent, as the vehicle presumably left Winslow grounds.

She tried to maneuver the bag so that she could see outside, but stilled when one of them spoke again.

"AS THE CODEX ASTARTES STATES, ONE CANNOT LEAVE ONE'S BAG WITH HOLES IN IT!"

The unmistakable sound of a roll of duct tape shattered Taylor's chances.

"There we go, now you sit tight while we bring you to the fortress."

She was put down on a flat metal surface. Something patted the bag she was stuck in. Taylor tried to get away, but before she could even so much as move, the voice rang out again.

"Oh, can't have you moving around unsecured!"

She felt some sort of belt fasten her to the metal slab, which she suspected was a pair of seats.

Their journey continued in silence, interrupted by some of them exiting the vehicle and Cato screaming at something.

"YOU STAND NO CHANCE AGAINST I, CATO SICARIOUS, METAL DRAGON!"

[---------------------]

Aside from Cato's altercation with a "metal dragon" [Which one? WAIT, WHAT?!] their trip went unmolested. Cato returned sounding only annoyed, like he ran into traffic on his way to work. As she was starting to learn, Cato was a dick. He constantly talked about his greatness and how he would become "Chapter Master."

Taylor didn't want to know why. That way lead madness and depression. And possible Stockholm syndrome. Soon the "Land Raider" came to a rolling stop. The door(?) slid open, and Taylor felt the restraints holding her, bag and all, come lose.

Unfortunately, she barely had any time to celebrate her newfound freedom. Once again, she was picked up and carried outside the vehicle. As soon as she exited, Taylor was bombarded by sounds. The sounds of metal bending and construction rang out all around her. Along with MORE CHANTING, though mercifully bought down to a more tolerable level. A whisper rather that the obnoxious yelling from earlier.

She felt one of the giants run forward- "CHAPTER MASTER! WE HAVE RETURNED!" -she heard CATO run forward, off into the distance. His thunderous footsteps fading as he moved away.

"He forgot to bring the package," the one holding her quietly murmured.

"Do we wait here?" Another one asked, uncertainty creeping into his voice.

"Theoretical: The Chapter Master will ask Cato where the package is. Practical: He will come here after scolding him," a third silently interjected, his footsteps placing him near her carrier.

The short conversation between the 3 came to a sudden stop, the one holding her stiffening. Taylor heard deep footsteps, much DEEPER than the others.

"What is that smell?" A new voice interjected, gruff and commanding. It sounded close. Very close.

"The package my lord," the first one answered, shifting Taylor's bag.

The bag was roughly opened and Taylor deposited on the ground. She fell a foot before it hit the floor with a pitiful 'thud.' Rubbing her bruised undercarriage, Taylor's eye fought to adjust to the change in brightness, squinting. It took a minute before her sight finally recovered. She adjusted her glasses, giving silent thanks for SOMETHING going right, and looked up. And up. An even bigger giant stood before her, wearing in massive armor. Sitting on the floor, her lanky frame only came halfway to his knee.

Just like Cato, he was clad in decorations, but instead of a huge number, his seemed to have MUCH higher quality. Glistening medals and shining armor meet Taylor's sight. She was briefly reminded of ancient artifacts she once saw with her family, in a world far gone. [Mom...]

The giant, no, the CHAPTER MASTER stared down her, his features set in stone. He gazed and studied her prone form.

His left eyebrow twitched, and his stone facade fell apart.

"Cato..." The Chapter master seethed, turning towards Cato. He loomed over him, his face turning into a visage of pure anger and fury.

"C-Chapter master, I can explain!"

[-------------------]

"Magnus, this isn't the Imperial Palace."

"I know!"

"There's sand everywhere."

"I KNOW!!"

"I hate sand, its coarse, irritating and gets everywhere."

"SHUT UP COMPANION!!"

"We're lost, aren't we?"

[NERD RAGE]

[---------------------]

Author's Note: So yeah, that's the story. Next up, the PRT and their reactions to the ULTRA-MARINES.

Back