Cherished: Help a deer pick flowers for her girlfriend.

Update 25

Firm handshake and perhaps a hug, request for future hangouts, so long as she doesn't gain a taste for venison.

Let's not get our girlfriend jealous! Though a grateful hug and a promise of future association if this vendetta with 'Wolfgang' is ever resolved may not be amiss.

I give Bunelope and Miss Fox a hug and shake paws.

Deer: "How about a promise to hangout if Wolfgang decides to move on? I'm sure he can't hold a grudge forever."

Fox: "I suppose I could promise you that, deery. Your girlfriend won't get jealous though, would she? Sneaking off into the woods to meet another foxy lady, all by yourself."

Deer: "She'd be happy to know I've got someone looking out for me. Thanks again for helping me Miss Fox. If you see that old badger out in the woods, give him my thanks as well!"

Fox: "I'll be sure to relay it to him deery!"

With that, Bunelope gives me my share of the flowers we picked, and we all head our separate ways.

I feel much more at ease as I walk down familiar paths. The old lanterns burn as I pass the park we used to frequent. A lonely bench calls out fond memories. We used to sit and read here in the morning and enjoy the lovely weather. I wish we had more time to still do that.

Continuing past the park, I make it up to a tall fence. Normally in the day it's warm and inviting. Being darker out, it feels cold and intimidating. I feel my chest get tight and feel like I've got rocks in my throat. I take a deep breath make my way over to our special place.

I find our tree and sit down. I don't even know where to start.
Deer: "I hope you appreciate all the trouble I went through to get you these lovely flowers. It was quite the journey."

I pause for a moment, already reminiscing about today.

Deer: "I met a princess while I was out. She was some strange looking deer called a buh-nunny-lope. She was kind and helped me pick flowers today. We were a little foolish though, and ventured out into the deep woods. A kind old badger helped guide us and protected us from a mean gang of wolves. Oh, and there was quite the humorous fox as well. She helped wash us and shared a warm meal as well. We danced and had a swell time before we had to part ways."

I stop as I feel a pang of loneliness flutter through my heart. It's getting hard to find the words I want to say.

But..

Deer: "I'll always miss being with you the most."

I dig a little spot and plant the flowers over by the tree.
Deer: "Happy anniversary sweetie. I wish you were still here to spend it with me."

The end.

Back