There should be a confusing reaction.

What is this in reference to?
See:
This is relevant...
(but also a Season 5 spoiler!)

Wow even with a buzz cut Adora still has that hair poof.

The poof will not be denied.
ALL HAIL THE HAIR POOF! ALL HAIL THE HAIR POOF! ALL HAIL THE HAIR POOF!
Is there someone with a singer's voice here? If so, please make a song of the Captain America yield to his shield song but replace Captain America with Adora and shield with hair poof?
Lyrics source

When Captain America throws his mighty shield,
All those who chose to oppose his shield must yield.
If he's led to a fight and a duel is due,
Then the red and the white and the blue'll come through.
When Captain America throws his mighty shield.

So something like this?

When Adora Meowmeow sports her mighty hair poof,
All those who chose to oppose her hair done goofed.
If she's led to a fight and a duel is due,
Then the blonde and the goof and the true'll come through.
When Adora Meowmeow sports her mighty hair poof,

We shouldn't haven't done it @Chengar Qordath . We started it. And they came.
RRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now watch the accompanying video I ran across by chance.

Locking the vote so I can start work on the next update over my lunch break. That was a close one!
Adhoc vote count started by Chengar Qordath on Jun 15, 2020 at 1:05 PM, finished with 43 posts and 25 votes.
Someone reacted to a post of mine in this thread, and I was reminded of the whole story, which I think may have been one of the first I read on SV. So much of what happened felt inevitable, but I can't help but wonder what path the story would have gone down if we'd brought the sword to Adora instead.

So, does anyone remember/know what the various issue modifiers were at this point in the story? I already checked the Wayback machine. I'm considering trying to write a quest that diverges at this point from this story. (Also, I assume people would be interested? I hope so.)

Subtracting the moods from modifiers in the early posts:
[ ] Agree to show up on time
Issues: Lack of Control
Not playing the model cadet is Catra's way of trying to take a small measure of control over her life.
Final Modifier: -20

[ ] Refuse to follow a schedule
Issues: Hey Adora.
Adora said please.
Final Modifier: 0

[ ] Try and talk Adora into showing up late too
No Roll for Issues/Mood, but there will be a roll for whether Adora says yes.

[ ] Write-In

Mood: Good + 20
[ ] Try following Adora's plan
Issues: Abandonment, Self-worth, Autonomy
Final Modifier: -40
Catra doesn't like that Adora is asking her to put someone else's needs above theirs. Does Adora care more about them than she does about Catra?

[ ] Don't follow Adora's plan
Issues: Adora
Final Modifier: +10
Adora's being reasonable and asking nicely.

Mood: +30 Great
Mood: "Shadow Weaver ruins everything." -30

[ ] Call Adora Out
Issues: Shadow Weaver, Adora, Vulnerability
Final Modifier: -120
Catra calling Adora out about how Shadow Weaver has treated her would involve dredging up some very unpleasant and painful history.

[ ] Go Find Somewhere to Be Alone For a Bit.
Issues: Self-Worth
Final Modifier: -50
Lack of Control: -40
Adora: -20
Self-Worth: -20
Shadow Weaver + Vulnerability: -70
Abandonment + Autonomy: -50
Mood: "Good food, and Adora's here!" +20

[ ] Harshly demand the sword, or the village will be destroyed.

[ ] Nicely offer to talk down Adora in exchange for the sword.
Issues: Vulnerability
Mental Roll: d100 (47) = 47
Vulnerability: -20
Shadow Weaver: -50
Autonomy: Decreased to Moderate
Roll d100 (15) - 40 (Shadow Weaver) -30 Autonomy -20 Self-Worth - 30 Mood -40 Adora = -145!
Autonomy: used to be higher than Moderate, call it 40 for Autonomy and 10 for Abandonment? Or Chengar forgot to update the numbers and nobody called him on it, in which case it's 30 and 20. But since Adora raised to Moderate with an extra modifier on top is -40 I'm inclined to say Autonomy started at -40.

Also Shadow Weaver is -40 somehow. Don't know how to square that with the Vulnerability math, but I do vaguely remember it going up at some point when Catra discovered a previously unknown level of hatred for Shadow Weaver, so -40 sounds right.

I can keep going and try to untangle stuff?

Subtracting the moods from modifiers in the early posts:

Shadow Weaver + Vulnerability: -70
Abandonment + Autonomy: -50

Vulnerability: -20
Shadow Weaver: -50

Autonomy: used to be higher than Moderate, call it 40 for Autonomy and 10 for Abandonment? Or Chengar forgot to update the numbers and nobody called him on it, in which case it's 30 and 20. But since Adora raised to Moderate with an extra modifier on top is -40 I'm inclined to say Autonomy started at -40.

Also Shadow Weaver is -40 somehow. Don't know how to square that with the Vulnerability math, but I do vaguely remember it going up at some point when Catra discovered a previously unknown level of hatred for Shadow Weaver, so -40 sounds right.

I can keep going and try to untangle stuff?
Woah, you really put some thought into this. That'd be appreciated. Now, I just need to figure out how to open this...

Issue Improved: Autonomy
Severity: Lingering -10
"I've cut all ties with the Horde. I'm done with Shadow Weaver, Hordak, all of them. Nobody can control me now!

Issue Shift: Shadow Weaver -> Revenge against Shadow Weaver
Severity: Serious -40
"All this time, I tried to understand why Shadow Weaver treated me the way she did, what I'd done to deserve it. I can't believe I was so stupid. There was no reason, she was just a terrible person. But now I finally have the power to make her pay.

Issue Worsened: Adora
Severity: Crippling -50
"I didn't mean to hurt her! I just ... I just wanted her to understand! She's such an idiot! And now I've basically kidnapped her..."

New Issue Gained: She-Ra Confidence
Severity: Moderate -30
"Getting powers was awesome, but the very first thing I did with them was hurt Adora..."
Was not expecting to find something this helpful. So, yeah, Moderate is -30, Autonomy started at -40, and Catra fucking speedran her Autonomy therapy.
Mood: "After everything that's happened, I just can't right now." -20

[ ] Meet Angella along with Glimmer, and be honest and direct
Issues: Vulnerability
Final Modifier: -50
Can't find any indication that this changed, so it looks like Vulnerability was -30 after all.

So, in total:
Shadow Weaver: -40
Vulnerability: -30
Autonomy: -40
Abandonment: math says -10, but my gut says make it -20

And nothing positive.

Back