CAT (Capturing Active Terrorists) Operatives

In regards to psychich shield, I should'veclarified. I meant that its an enhancement to shield the individual from effects like mental manipulation, 'mind jacking' and the like. :p
Weaknesses could be that it also on occasion blocks out people trying to communicate psychically with her in a non-harmful manner, or maybe since psychic Enhancements directly involve her brain, she develops psychological quirks. It would be especially believable for your char given her history in therapy. As for what the quirks may be, I suggest perhaps dulling positive feelings and heightening negative/anxious/PTSD from her suicide feelings?

Mind if I modify mt enhancements a bit?
I don't mind. Just post your modifications somewhere I can see them please.

Also, the bird was part of a dream.
Duh on me. I'll edit that in my post.

I like your sheet! A modern ninja sounds very cool. I will be considering the new submissions since people suddenly showed a lot of interest, so give me a day or 2 to make the decision please.

No need to rush, feel free to take your time to read through everyone's sheets to make your decisions. We can't have a scifi near-future without some form of Cyber Ninja, can we?:)

"Layout of Spirit City, Notable Districts and Population Statistics"
No need to rush, feel free to take your time to read through everyone's sheets to make your decisions. We can't have a scifi near-future without some form of Cyber Ninja, can we?:)
We really can't. Cyber ninjas FTW.

And meow here's the layout of Spirit City:

Districts of Spirit City said:
The Business District: Contains everything from accountants to entertainers. This district sees the most criminal activities, the most common being con artists who use psychic alterations bought on the Black Market from shady dealers. In the last year the Business District has seen unprecedented growth since terrorist activities have been sparse. There's a famous news story about a young woman who took revenge on a group of gangsters who were extorting her and her family. The CAT HQ is on the edges of the Business District where development is ongoing. The closest business to the CAT Headquarters is a major hospital, where the CAT Commanding Operatives have worked out a deal, giving them access to a secret wing of the hospital to treat their Operatives.

The Business District is also where the police station can be found. Police in this world are not quick to respond to calls about altered criminals, as their ranks are mostly made up of normal people. Calls involving mundane crimes have a higher rate of response. The police have developed a reputation among the public as largely self-serving, however the upper crust of Spirit City society still loves them.

The Red District: This district, which holds the most destitute and desperate people, sees the second-most criminal activity. You can find people here willing to sell you Black Market goods as well, at a higher rate than in the supposedly upstanding Business District. There was a terrorist who preyed on down-on-their-luck young women who was famously disabled and jailed by the CAT Team. Homelessness rates are high here and for more clean-cut people the houses for sale are mostly in the "bad parts of the neighborhood," meaning few regular business people or civilians live here.

Go to the Red District if you're looking for a good time on the edge of the law. CAT Operatives have been instructed to search for informants in this district to boost the reach of their information network.

The Residential District: The Residential District is where most people make their homes. In the last year it has not been targeted by terrorists, altho it has been in the past. The suburbs are here as well as more urban buildings the closer you get to The Business District, which is this area's closest neighbor. Homelessness is at a moderate rate, the peace of the last year and efforts by the residents before then giving way to a more prosperous community. The CAT Team mostly doesn't deal with this district, as powered criminals typically have "bigger dreams" than simple home invasions.

The Meteor District: This is the area where the extraterrestrials crashed riding along in their meteor. There is a huge crater blocked off from the general public, with a monument and plaque listing the names of those who died fighting the alien menace. Shops selling cybernetic Enhancements can be found here, as civilians are not restricted officially from modifying themselves. The trendsetters and high society congregates here, True Believers in aliens and the skeptics alike. The Meteor District is at the center of the city and borders the Red District. The Meteor District used to be a hotbed of criminal activity, but as the CAT Team became more skilled at their purpose, aliens and altered terrorists no longer congregate here in large numbers.

Code:
Population Statistics:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Unaltered Humans: 50%.
Altered Humans: 10%.
Aliens: 20%.
Cyborgs, Gynoids and Androids: 20%.

Last edited:
"Subject Profile: Code Name: Mizuki"
This is a short one (I'm time pressed):

Name: That's classified
Codename: Mizuki (i.e.: "auspicious hope")
Appearance: 6'0" but otherwise classified.

Skills and Talents:
- knows Aikido
- is a firearms expert
- she has no physical enhancements
- she is a wealth of obscure knowledge

EDIT: Personality: Mizuki is very methodical and quite willing to patiently explain things. She doesn't act on hunches, but rather goes where the evidence points.

Last edited:
This is a short one (I'm time pressed):

Name: That's classified
Codename: Mizuki (i.e.: "auspicious hope")
Appearance: 6'0" but otherwise classified.

Skills and Talents:
- knows Aikido
- is a firearms expert
- she has no physical enhancements
- she is a wealth of obscure knowledge
Got a psychological profile for Miss Mizuki? AKA her "Personality" section? It's the only part of your sheet missing. I gotta be honest, the concept for this char is pretty awesome and it would be cool to see an unaltered Operative. And especially 1 with lots of obscure knowledge tidbits. Liking this so far!

Got a psychological profile for Miss Mizuki? AKA her "Personality" section? It's the only part of your sheet missing. I gotta be honest, the concept for this char is pretty awesome and it would be cool to see an unaltered Operative. And especially 1 with lots of obscure knowledge tidbits. Liking this so far!
Not really.

The best I'm immediately coming up with in response to your request for a personality is someone so thoughtful that she'd make a Vulcan look impulsive.

Not really.

The best I'm immediately coming up with in response to your request for a personality is someone so thoughtful that she'd make a Vulcan look impulsive.
You can put that as your personality I suppose. Star Trek exists in this world. And maybe some of us whippersnappers have seen it, LOL. Anyway, since you are the only applicant who didn't get altered so far, I consider you accepted and will thread mark your sheet. Bad-ass Normals are awesome.

And meow, taking 1 more applicant. Stay tuned folks.

You can put that as your personality I suppose. Star Trek exists in this world. And maybe some of us whippersnappers have seen it, LOL. Anyway, since you are the only applicant who didn't get altered so far, I consider you accepted and will thread mark your sheet. Bad-ass Normals are awesome.

And meow, taking 1 more applicant. Stay tuned folks.
Thanks.

I'll edit my submission to say that.

I was taught to use third person past tense when writing papers and stories. My contributions, when read, are going to look like they were written from the POV of someone who watched it instead of the POV of a participant.

I hope that's ok.

I was taught to use third person past tense when writing papers and stories. My contributions, when read, are going to look like they were written from the POV of someone who watched it instead of the POV of a participant.

I hope that's ok.
Any style of writing is okay for this RP. Except if you wrote your posts incomprehensibly I guess. And you haven't. S'all good. :)

@kittygirl Finished my sheet. Added in the enhancements and brushed up some of the other details. Hope it works!
Thread marked. Recruiting is closed. Thank you for showing an interest in my RP.

And to anybody else that wanted to join, if a current participant in the RP is out for a while, I will open up recruiting again. Thank you all.

I said "customers" instead of "coworkers." Embarrassing, but potentially immersion breaking for me at least, since the employee wasn't gonna calm the customers like that. So I changed it to "coworkers."

@always_confused I wasn't sure what Operative Little Sparrow is using to receive messages.

...She's merely waiting for any discussion for plans.
"Um, Operative White Tiger? There is no plan. Sorry. :3" And the ":3" is supposed to be a blank cat girl face.

Last edited:
@always_confused I wasn't sure what Operative Little Sparrow is using to receive messages.

I assume CATs would've issued with some form of communications equipment? Hmm...I guess you could say Sparrow is using what amounts to a high tech pager? :p

Also, I think its my sleepiness speaking but I'm having some trouble keeping track of who's where. Could you help out? Sparrow/I'm currently at the cafe, I know that much at least.

"Standard Issue Equipment: Headsets, smartphones, advanced pagers"
She doesn't know that :VVVV
Fair enough. Other members of the team may have ideas, and if Operative White Tiger does, 9 Lives goes by majority vote.

I assume CATs would've issued with some form of communications equipment? Hmm...I guess you could say Sparrow is using what amounts to a high tech pager? :p

Also, I think its my sleepiness speaking but I'm having some trouble keeping track of who's where. Could you help out? Sparrow/I'm currently at the cafe, I know that much at least.
I even mentioned it in my previous posts. Yes, CAT issues headsets, smartphones, and advanced pagers I suppose. They're standard issue for every CAT Operative deployed on team missions. They can communicate over long distances and use text or voice as appropriate to which device you use.

Where is everybody~?
  • Operative M-03 (up to 0th Law where to put her, she was previously at base discussing with the others)
  • Operative Baphomet (either in the car or in the coffee shop by meow I would imagine~ maybe outside. when he last posted he was en route to the coffee shop)
  • Operative White Tiger (in the coffee shop at Operative Mizuki's table)
  • Operative 9 Lives: (she muscled her way past the crowd outside the coffee shop and is meow standing next to Operative Mizuki's table)
  • Operative Mizuki (reading a pink newspaper at the only open table in the coffee shop)
Does that help?

@0th Law did the car have enough seats for Operative M-03? If not, another 1 she can even drive can come up.

Last edited:
Operative H-03? You do know that that spells "Hoe," right?

I'm Operative M-03, as in Moe.

Classifications 01-09
This is a guide for how the classifications for enhancements and equipment work:

1. Classification 01: Peak human ability. Athletes who are talented but not champion-level. Thinkers who have higher than average IQs but are not geniuses. Runners who can outrun their friends but maybe not on a course. Or for more esoteric enhancements like pyrokinesis or telepathy: this classification grants you a novice's level of control, yet your mental or tactile abilities provide you an edge in combat. You can affect a small area. Equipment at this level is typically a useful gadget, not a weapon. Side effects even at this stage.
  2. Classification 02: Champion level physical abilities. Beyond even a normal person. For more esoteric enhancements you are now moderately skilled and can affect a larger area or have a more powerful effect. Equipment at this level is more sophisticated and includes projectile weaponry. Side effects worsen.
  3. Classification 03: Superhuman levels of physical and/or mental abilities. You are stronger, faster, more intelligent than most baseline humans are ever going to get. CAT Teams consisting of the lowest-ranked members have 03 enhancements as a 'starting kit' upon their induction into the agency if they wish. Technology at this level is rare and powerful enough to be highly sought after by low class criminals with lots of money to burn. Side effects start to develop more and become more complicated.
  4. Classification 04: Strengths and weaknesses begin to increase drastically. Your abilities are now starting to become clear to you. Your boost in performance can compete with moderate threats of a superhuman nature. Technology at this level includes laser weapons.
  5. Classification 05: This classification is coming into rare status with physical and mental abilities that are formidable against groups, and technology at this level can include alien artifacts. Discretion is advised using a bomb of this classification, as it could take out a large area. CAT Team Slayers (an elite unit dedicated to assassinating mass murdering terrorists quietly) are given these enhancements to make them better able to handle large scale criminal threats.
  6. Classification 06: You have an unstable control of your abilities. Nevertheless you have control. Classification 06 enhancements' weaknesses and strengths emphasize themselves more. Classification 06 equipment includes alien heavy weaponry. You can take on more in a crowd of people.
  7. Classification 07: Your control begins to stabilize. Side effects worsen. Using this enhancement could subtly damage your body slightly with each use, but at the strength of being incredibly powerful. Classification 07 equipment includes alien mech suits.
  8. Classification 08: You have almost reached perfect control. Your abilities can affect larger groups, you can take on more unaltered or altered people. The CAT Team Lieutenant has received this enhancement, a mind control technique of machines. Classification 08 enhancements damage your body to moderate amounts by using.
  9. Classification 09: Given to the CAT Team Leader, a device that produces a psychic field that sharpens the senses of all Operatives in range so their accuracy, reaction time and mundane senses go up greatly. Classification 09 enhancements can cause death when overused. Classification 09 equipment includes the most cutting edge alien mechs.

Last edited:
This is a guide for how the classifications for enhancements and equipment work:

1. Classification 01: Peak human ability. Athletes who are talented but not champion-level. Thinkers who have higher than average IQs but are not geniuses. Runners who can outrun their friends but maybe not on a course. Or for more esoteric enhancements like pyrokinesis or telepathy: this classification grants you a novice's level of control, yet your mental or tactile abilities provide you an edge in combat. You can affect a small area. Equipment at this level is typically a useful gadget, not a weapon.
  2. Classification 02: Champion level physical abilities. Beyond even a normal person. For more esoteric enhancements you are now moderately skilled and can affect a larger area or have a more powerful effect. Equipment at this level is more sophisticated and includes projectile weaponry.
  3. Classification 03: Superhuman levels of physical and/or mental abilities. You are stronger, faster, more intelligent than most baseline humans are ever going to get. CAT Teams consisting of the lowest-ranked members have 03 enhancements as a 'starting kit' upon their induction into the agency if they wish. Technology at this level is rare and powerful enough to be highly sought after by low class criminals with lots of money to burn.
  4. Classification 04: Strengths and weaknesses begin to increase drastically. Your abilities are now starting to become clear to you. Your boost in performance can compete with moderate threats of a superhuman nature. Technology at this level includes laser weapons.
  5. Classification 05: This classification is coming into rare status with physical and mental abilities that are formidable against groups, and technology at this level can include alien artifacts. Discretion is advised using a bomb of this classification, as it could take out a large area. CAT Team Slayers (an elite unit dedicated to assassinating mass murdering terrorists quietly) are given these enhancements to make them better able to handle large scale criminal threats.
  6. Classification 06: You have an unstable control of your abilities. Nevertheless you have control. Classification 06 enhancements' weaknesses and strengths emphasize themselves more. Classification 06 equipment includes alien heavy weaponry. You can take on more in a crowd of people.
  7. Classification 07: Your control begins to stabilize. Side effects worsen. Using this enhancement could subtly damage your body slightly with each use, but at the strength of being incredibly powerful. Classification 07 equipment includes alien mech suits.
  8. Classification 08: You have almost reached perfect control. Your abilities can affect larger groups, you can take on more unaltered or altered people. The CAT Team Lieutenant has received this enhancement, a mind control technique of machines. Classification 08 enhancements damage your body to moderate amounts by using.
  9. Classification 09: Given to the CAT Team Leader, a device that produces a psychic field that sharpens the senses of all Operatives in range so their accuracy, reaction time and mundane senses go up greatly. Classification 09 enhancements can cause death when overused. Classification 09 equipment includes the most cutting edge alien mechs.
Wouldn't this mean my regeneration, durability, and speed enhancements are all at level 3 or 4?

Wouldn't this mean my regeneration, durability, and speed enhancements are all at level 3 or 4?
The Speed Enhancement I would lower the speed to 65-75 MPH max, because that's how fast cheetahs can run. For the hide of an African elephant, maybe lower that a bit. You could compare it to having tactical armor without wearing any I guess. The others I don't see issues with.

Last edited:
Back