CAT (Capturing Active Terrorists) Operatives

I would appreciate a scenario, just so I know when, exactly, it's cool for me to introduce Terr-Bear.
A'ight. Expect something before the end of the day. Do you want him to be on the way back from a mission, something happening at base? Any other general starting concept? Or leave it all up to me? I have an idea in mind already LOL. :)

I leave it in your capable hands! I imagine he's coming in straight after transferring out of the Spiral City Police Department to the Agency.

Would that include our starting amount of money & weapons and be updated after each mission? Though it's hard to get the price correctly with all the future tech and custom weapons for each people. Maybe you can add a list with pregen type of weapons and people can fluff it however they want?

For example, a rifle can be priced at 800-1000$. And people can fluff the effect, range, technology or ammo types however they like as long as that weapon fit the definition of a type of "rifle".
The prices for a century old SMLE like the one Mizuki used would be in that price range ... for a cheap one.

"Choosing a New Agent Another Time"
The prices for a century old SMLE like the one Mizuki used would be in that price range ... for a cheap one.
What are the expensive ones?

I don't think I'll be sticking around. So I'll just say I'm dropping out
Sorry the RP didn't interest you enough to stay. Have fun on your continued RP adventures elsewhere. :)

@Another Amoeba are you still interested in joining? I would ask Ms. Rei of Sunshine but she didn't respond to tagging last time.

Last edited:
"More New Blood Needed"
The ones used by the Canadian Military in the Arctic up until a less than a decade ago which had to be replaced (by another bolt-action rifle) because spare parts were no longer available.
Ooh, rendered obsolete by a lack of spare parts. See, you seem to know a lot about guns, and military tactics (the flanking maneuver Operative Mizuki mentioned) and I don't. So why in the world did I pick a military-esque RP to run? We're still losing players. I'm happy you're here tho. :)

@kittygirl I've read through the backlog. I'd imagine it wouldn't be hard for John to pull up in a police car along with the other responders.
That works. Have at it.

I don't think I can keep up with the RP. Guess I'm dropping out as well. Sorry about this, @kittygirl
That's okay. Have fun out there.

Sorry about the wait, I was waiting for others to react, since Terrence has been the focus for a bit.

@Another Amoeba - Since Gray is closer to the guy trying to jump us, would you like to detail his response?

Blood Rioters are obnoxious. They pretty much exist to cause violent trouble. Good job everybody for putting them down.

I am still willing to try to run this RP if anybody is still here. It's just that most of my RPs died within days so I was worried that this one was also dead. Anyway, I have a lot of free time. I hope nobody missed this RP too much. On second thought I was probably too quick to jump ship.

Name: Ezekiel Heller

Code Name: "Funguy" or "Fungus" (it's a pun)

Appearance: Has dark brown hair baggy ayes, his eyes are yellowish, his pupils are constantly dilated, his eyes are the color brown and his sclera is yellowish, instead of having normal veins his veins are white and some red, this is because he has fungus growing inside him, and those "veins" are actually roots

Psychological Profile: Funguy appears to be always calm, he is quite silent, only speaks when needed. Social interactions may seem a problem to Ezekiel as he is not socially adept contrary to his code name, this is due to his enhancement, it made him lose touch with society since he was a kid (Ezekiel gained his enhancements since he was a kid, but it took 20 years for the fungus to "fully flourish". He is the 8th test sunject to be implanted with this secret fungus, these experiments were stopped around their 25th experiment/test subject). Recently Ezekiel has discovered that humans have social needs, curious, he wants to start socializing with others. Ezekiel dislikes attention. Due to his enhancements his brain will sometimes be influenced by the classified fungus that was implanted in his brain, and as a result he will sometimes hallucinate, and have psychedelic visions, and sometimes lose sense of time and or will lose all balance. At night Ezekiel's personality changes, as his brain starts working as a interconnected web of thoughts and minds, similar to fungi's mycorrhiza which are a sort of root system that also woks as a network for all fungus, In this state he looks like he is in trance, and will aimlessly walk as if he were blind, this event can also be triggered when using a certain enhancement. Ezekiel likes the darkness, his room (if he has one)is always dark, pitch black, it is also full of roots that are connected to him so he can see in the darkness. When ever he is his room he will roam and stay there until he is needed. Ezekiel barely needs nourishment, he needs to be fed nutrients in fertilizers twice awake, he still needs to drink water everyday tho.

Skills and Talents: (List the physical or mental enhancements your char has been subjected to, with each rank increase represented by a number of 1-9. Mundane Secret Agent skills or notable knacks with technology are listed here too. If your character has received a modification or enhancement, they will be at: 1 at classification "01," 1 at classification "02," 1 at classification "03." These represent levels of modification or enhancement efficacy and the strengths and weaknesses increase exponentially as you get closer to classification "09").

• Fungal Growths Enhancement 01: Funguy can instantly grow a small area of fungus by touching it, this fungus can spew minute spores into the air, these spores have helicopter like appendage that let them move towards nearly any direction, they of course are controlled by Funguy. If these spores are breathed in, they can either mildly confuse a person (as if they where having a psychedelic hallucination) or instantly get stuck in the lungs, and will proceed to grow into fungus, this process takes a day, at approximately 3 hours the victim will experience difficulty breathing, at 8 hours, they will cough blood, as the mycorrhiza (the root system of fungi) has rooted itself inside the lungs, of course this can easily be avoided by either breathing certain chemical gases, or just smoking in general, as this will kill the spores and the fungus. The small area of fungus is toxic and will poison anyone if it comes in contact with a wound. this fungal area can grow if Funguy touches it for more than 7 seconds, towards any direction he wants, but with limits.
  • Hyper Resistent Root Enhancement 20: Funguy can control the roots in his body. One of the things he can do with these roots is make them grow on the floor (while still connected to him) and extent to pretty long distances, these roots can detect things it touches and heat changes. Another thing he can do is use them as claws, or make them extend to grab an object (if its light-weight enough) or whip someone.
  • Cordyceps Enhancement 03: Funguy can infect a person by touching the from their neck upwards, the roots inside his arm will puncture the victim, and will slowly travel through his/her veins, until arriving to his/her brain from there some small fungus will start growing and the person's body will slowly rot and more and more fungus will grow on the body, they are now, essentially, a zombie, they will free roam and might become hostile if threatened, they will only obey Funguy when he is in his trance mode, while in this mode Funguy is vulnerable but can connect to his "zombies" and control them all at once. When not controlled they will either, follow Funguy for no apparent reason or stay around a specific area were it detects other natural mushrooms and protect them until their body completely rots (around 5 days because of the fungi partially sustaining it)
  • physical capabilities: Funguy is not very capable physically, he lacks some strength, although he Is healthy in this aspect.
  • mental capabilites: Funguy is very smart, knowing a lot of biology and chemistry, sometimes.
  • Battle abilities: He is proficient in using knifes, swords, revolvers, pistols, and bolt action rifles

"Setting Information"
Ok, I have a question, how do CAT Operatives work exactly?
CAT Operatives work as secret agents living in the CAT HQ in Spirit City. Some of them live away from the HQ for their own reasons or for business purposes. CAT Operatives function as law enforcement willing to do whatever it takes to neutralize deadly threats with the least loss of life or property damage. Their HQ has multiple different wings and rooms devoted to information, physical exercises, interrogation rooms, rooms to train their 'Enhancements,' which are implants, drugs or even redesigning how the body works to achieve science fiction/fantasy-like effects.

CAT Operatives typically give up their old identities when they join. Their role is supposed to be completely classified to civilians. That said, since Enhancements are already sold on the black market, they don't conceal their powers if they need them during a public fight. CAT Operatives receive orders from their Commanding Officers, typically people in their forties or fifties with excellent mission records, and the earliest recruitment age is 20.

I mean how do CAT Operatives fit in this society, where do we live, and how do we receive our missions?
CAT Operatives' identities are classified and their movements and actions concealed to the best of the ability of the higher ups. It's not a secret that CAT exists but the exact whereabouts of the Headquarters, what Operatives actually do, where they're going and who they're supposed to fight--All secret. CAT Operatives are meant for heavy duty combat against threats to Spirit City's entire society, or heavy duty research and analysis, depending on Enhancement types.

They live at the CAT HQ that is in a rural area of Spirit City. Like I said above it has lots of rooms including a Mission Briefing Room, Virtual Reality Training Room (also some machines have been re-purposed by smarter CAT Operatives to be gaming machines), exercise rooms... the building has many wings including a Hospital Wing, Library Wing, Training Wing (where the exercise, sparring rooms and Virtual Reality Training Room are), Psych Wing (Smallest wing, has counselors and a pharmacy for medications). There's also the Research and Development Wing.

You receive missions from whoever the leader of the mission is sometimes. For example Operative 9 Lives got the mission info first and then told the others about it. Or you can get missions from Computer Technician CuteKitten, who can talk at you always if you have the special headsets CAT Superiors issue to new Operatives, or thru your company e-mail address, or thru a high-tech pager if you wish. You receive the Mission Briefing detailing your objectives and then you are taken--or drive yourself if you can drive--into Spirit City. The CAT HQ is outside the outskirts of Spirit City to maintain maximum secrecy.

All CAT Operatives voluntarily give up some aspects of their individuality to make them more difficult to track. Their public records are sometimes erased, they are sometimes given face changes, and CAT Operatives are advised--tho not technically required--to keep a double identity in public. CAT Operatives are disliked by local law enforcement for being even tougher on crime than them supposedly, but the truth is, they get the job done so police and lawyers don't typically go after them. There are always some who hate you tho and there's an upstart politician campaigning where one of his policies is to disband CAT somehow.

CAT stands for "Capturing Active Terrorists" and they capture super-powered or especially dangerous criminals or "terrorists" if you prefer.

CAT Operatives can receive weaponry from the Armory tho they have to sign forms detailing the weapon they're taking, how much ammo they took, and when they come back they have to report exactly what they did with all the bullets or grenades or et cetera they used.

CAT Operatives are both loved and hated by the general public. Professionals and stuffy business types loathe them for being vigilantes. The younger, more progressive crowd is afraid of them and they are loved by the more radical conservative elements. They have some support from Spirit City politicians, connections in high places, but they have almost been shut down for being perceived as vigilantes. They receive a lot of donations and support from military types, revolutionaries, activists and war hawks.

Spirit City had a meteor crash ten years ago. CAT Team was formed to deal with the aliens that came with the meteor at first. Over time they morphed into a general purpose criminal capturing/disabling group. Notably alien lifeforms do still sometimes pop up in the rogues' gallery. Our first mission was against a weird sea reptile humanoid alien and her children for example.

Anything else you wanna know?

And I accept your character sheet by the way.

Anybody else from the RP when it was active is welcome to join back as well if they wanna.

Last edited:
Back