Can I Go Home Now (Worm/40k)

Minor continuity point. The Mayor's last name is Christner, thus I believe it is Dinah's Mother who is the Mayor's biological sister. Ergo, her Father (Mr. Allcott) would be the Mayor's Brother-in-Law.

Your in worm man, the idea you could take that armor off and not have it stolen the minute it's out of your sight is ridiculous.

1.4 the Lioness and the Cub
[]

Castiel El Johnson.

That was the new me, that's what the parchment which they called an identity document said and what all the other necessary ones will state as my name.

Right now, I along with the Alcott family and the Protectorate affiliated hero known as Assault were on our way to the main hospital within the city to get my medical documents done and see if I was carrying any contaminants within my body which I expressed how impossible that would be, none the less, apparently the best way to determine my full health was to get a Heroine called Panacea to check me.

I didn't get to enjoy any form of small talk while we were on the way as the regular human transport wasn't designed for someone like myself, so I had to keep myself company in the back of a small delivery truck and even then, it was a bit cramped, so I kept to a kneeling position to avoid scraping the roof.

The journey didn't take long, once the shutter doors opened, I carefully stepped out of the container, a brief look around the environment showed that we were in a loading zone right behind this hospital, I was guided through the loading bay and stepped into a cargo lift, I was told that the heroine would be waiting on the 5th floor for us.

Once the doors opened, I was treated to a hall with rubber flooring, white square patterned ceiling tiles with bright florescent lights integrated in while the walls were a creamy dull white giving way to wear and tear while also being covered with an assortment of file holders, light switches, cabinets and few beds and plant pots to give life.

The floor seemed devoid of life, perhaps the PRT notified the staff in advance or maybe this floor was not in use for today. Regardless of my speculation we continued through until after passing four rooms we stopped by a door leading into a spacious room that looked empty, but I could spy the worn in marks on the floor, indents made by heavy equipment that has been left for a long period of time, I could even see some faded stains and faint markings on the walls.

But what took my attention was two young women, both in white robes but of differing design, one taller and floating was garbed in gold highlights and a star like tiara, they were blonde, well-defined figure, I could see that they were a brawler, it showed in the muscle development and the cocky smile like smirk that faded to surprise and small ounce of fear at the sight of me.

I frowned as an aura tried to enforce, WoRsHiP.

The feeling to render this child to a smear had to be suppressed, but I would not be silent on what she was trying to do.

"You will cease trying to make me bow or I will make you" I growled causing the child to flinch at my tone, the WoRsHiP shifted into FeAr.

I curled my fingers around the hilt of my sword, if I had to, I would kill this ThInG, if not for myself then for all the humans present as they were shaking.

"Vicky. Aura. Now" the FeAr vanished, and my companions stood straighter and released a breath of air, but I did not relax my stance, I would keep ready never taking a eye off that ThInG.

"I'm sorry about my sister, she has terrible Control over her Arura" the shorter woman said, her robes looked far closer to a Hospitaler with how they were designed, red strips intersecting forming a cross over her chest along with a hood over her head.

Another note, she looked absolutely nothing like her supposed SiStEr, smaller in stature and overall development, freckles over her nose and face, brown messy hair and dark sunken bags under her eyes, she was tired that was very evident.

"Then let's hope they dedicate their time in training to avoid…Accidents" I cared little if my scathing remarks made me an enemy to these people, the last time something tried to enforce themselves on me ended with them being reduced to a dripping pile of molten metal.

"Right, so before any arguments go wild let's just get this examination done so we all can go and do more important things with our lives yes" the small thing had quite the bark.

"Very well, what will be done to start this examination" I would try and keep things civil, but the moment they tried something, I promise nothing will remain.

"From what I've been told you need to be cleared of any foreign disease from wherever you got them from, the PRT Director wasn't really informative about how you were infected just that you were coming, and as to how were going about this, well I need everyone out so the door can keep any nasty in and prevent someone from keeling over with a super virus".

"I see, she is likely worried about the pathogens in the world I came from" this had the two perk up.

"Wait so you're from another Earth like Aleph" the blonde said with curiosity.

"…Yes" I still eyed her warily while also refusing to elaborate about the true nature of what they probably wanted to know.

"Cool" and that was the only thing she said before the smaller heroine coughed loudly to gain everyone's attention.

"Right, so we can ask question latter, can everyone please leave" despite the tone nobody opposed her order and began leaving the room closing the door on the way out leaving just myself and this child that could supposably clear me of any contagion that I may have.

"Now that they're out, could now show me some skin, my power only works if I'm touching someone that's not covered by let's say, a ton of knightly armor" I was a bit skeptical about the way she said those words, I wanted to refute them and yet I couldn't, this was someone who was a healer not a fighter.

To make this easier for the small girl I began to kneel down so my head would be somewhat levelled with her own, I controlled the amount of weight I placed on the ground, but it wasn't much use as this flooring had compressed under my plate, I paid it no mind as I stared into the girls' eyes.

She was, afraid, a small tingle of approval at such a reaction was mercilessly crushed, having this healer afraid served me no purpose. I hoped that my next action will calm them.

With great effort I removed my hand away from the Emperors Sword and up to behind my helm to grab at a woven in thick dark green hood while my shield hand clasped onto my winged helmet and twisted then pulled.

A hiss sounded out as pressurized air from another reality escaped into the new world.

With my helmet coming off a cool stroke of sterilized air washed gently over my new face, idly I noted how my hair fell out with a strand of a golden lock of hair falling over my left eye, I didn't mind it.

Once the helm was off my other hand was already pulling the hood over my exposed head, a habit that some Dark Angels seemed to have.

Once it was done my hand slowly yet swiftly fell back to the sword all while I kept my eyes on the girl in front of me.

She was stunned, the fear replaced with awe and appreciation at what she was looking at before her cheeks tinged red before her whole expression went back to her tired professional look.

"Ok uhm, Do I have permission to heal you".

"You may" even without the helmet on my voice was still deeply mature and still very feminine, it still rattles my core at what I've turned into, I still do not know why that Entity did this.

After a moment of giving my consent, the girl brought her hands hesitantly up to my face, and once her fingers gently caressed my cheeks, we both went ram rod straight for extremely different reasons.

I was rigid, both hands tightly squeezing around the handles of my sword and shield to the point where I could hear the servos groaning in protest and the grip I was placing in them.

My body however, from top to bottom I felt every single nerve and blood cell squirm and tingle as if something was wrapping around them, something pulsing, a sensation that felt unnatural, something deeply WrOnG.

"Your, Beautiful" the words coming out of the girl's mouth had me focus on her, her eyes were glazed over with wonder and fascination, her lips were quirking into a smile.

"Panacea are you quite done" I was forceful with my words, but it did well in snapping this child back to reality who blinked a few times and nodding her head before answering.

"Yes, I-sorry, you don't have anything wrong with you, it's just, your body is simply amazing, multiple organs, enhanced biological responses and just, everything about you is just better than anything I've ever seen, it's like you're the [ANSWER]" seeing that she just confirmed I was clear of any non-existent ailments I pulled away from her and once her hands left my cheeks I saw the involuntary reaction of wanting to lunge forward but she held herself back rapidly blinking.

Quickly I stood up to my full height again and swiftly placing my winged helm back into place, with that done I began striding to the door and opening it paying no attention to the still standing girl looking at my back.

"Were done here" I say to everyone outside who moved to address both I and the young heroine.

I moved over to the Alcott's and the mayor along with his aide while the PRT agent went over to discuss what Panacea had to say about my non-existent dimensional pathogens.

It didn't take long for me to be cleared and allowed to go along with my hosts while the rest would stay behind and get my medical documents in order as well as reporting to the director of the result of today's examination was.

The journey towards the Alcott's resident was long only because I had much to think about as I went over what I had felt happen between myself and Panacea.

The feeling I felt roam over my body was deeply unsettling, like I was being gripped in some sort of ThInG.

I didn't want to go down a line of thought which involved numerous ideas and scenarios on how I would potentially dispose of such a Hero if I were to engage in hand-to-hand combat as of right now, I had no means to engage at a safe distance with a trusty Bolt Rifle or ideally a Flamethrower.

But perhaps I could pursue the Psychic means of defense and offense.

As soon I thought about using the Warp it led to the changes down to my body and that led to what I ultimately knew about the Primarch's and how they were made before I ended up in my second life.

But I wasn't made the same way, I was twisted into a strange what if image by an Entity that may be leagues above the Four.

?Oh @@ How KiND OF ?!## YOU//\

"!?" quickly very quickly beyond the which anyone could see, beyond the mere need of a conscious thought the Emperors Sword was violently wrenched out of its scabbard, flames igniting and flowing free as the master crafted blade flew towards the ENTITY.

!? Is 55## THAT How you **& GreET Your ??! Sponsor?????

A reverberation, A distortion an ERROR on the world.

Whatever it was it froze everything, my sword, my arm, my whole body frozen while I screamed and howled pressing with all my might to MOVE.

"YOUUU" I snarled, there was no civility in the word just the behavior of a beast.

{}} I ** heard you ??? Wanted TO uNLock \\>?thE pOwer I !# GraNTED ==so I'lL ?//! sHow YOU hOw/?!!

[]

Last edited:
1.5 the Lioness and the Cub
[]

(Spoiler warning for the next few sentences contain events from the Gav Thrope Space Marine Novel The Purging of Kadillus)

I don't sleep, well not as much as I used to, becoming a Space Marine didn't really allow me to do the mortal activity as with the many campaigns I was thrown into with my Company often went on for years at time, then the Great Rift happened after the fall of Caida and then transitioning into a Primaris basically destroyed all notions of getting any sort of sleep.

But in those rare instances where I could allow myself to shut off more parts of my brain than I would usually do, to feel safe enough to simply doze off for a precious few hours.

I don't exactly dream, like my mind doesn't set up a bunch of random delusions for me to not question and simply go along with it, instead I dream in a different way.

I remember, I review, I re-experience my life.

The Kadillus Campaign against the Ork menace was a somewhat bitter memory, the 3rd Company was at full strength before we descended down onto that planet, the Company had been reinforced with elements of the 1st, 2nd and 10th Companies.

And yet even with that might, we suffered heavy casualties, even the Company Commander, Master Belial was wounded.

But I suppose that's what happens when you're fighting against a Warboss as infamous as Ghazghkull Thraka.

And despite this the Ork's were all but defeated, but I knew that Belial made mistakes, he knew it himself as well, he have listened to Sargent Naamans earlier concerns about how much of a threat these Ork's posed, but naturally confidence at besting an Ork was something all Space Marines felt only to soon find out that such confidence was arrogance, had they found the teleporter before the first attack then perhaps things would have been much different, but our kind does not indulge in hindsight nor second guessing.

We merely accept the face we underestimated the Warboss leading the Ork's, and Belial, he would also ways remember the number of lives of his lost battle brothers and the thousands of other fighters under his command, it was possible for him to lose command of the 3rd Company or worse meet judgment from Azrael's blade.

We would find out soon.

With distant artillery cracking in the distance, the strong sea breeze pushed the smoke over the city far and wide, spires were hidden under the smog, and the blackened ruined basilica still stood proud.

Though much of the city was nothing more than rubble with piles of men and Ork corpse being cleared away to be burned, fires were still being put out and remnants of the surviving 3rd company and free militia were keeping the last of the Ork's penned in at the docks.

They would soon be dealt with, now that the whole Dark Angels fleet has arrived in system, and far above the clouds past the smog filled sky the mighty shadow that was the Tower of Angels, The Rock, Fortress Monastery of our Chapter hung in orbit, with its arrival with the fleet, scores of Thunderhawks in their hundreds came along with the drop-pods of the 6th Company descending on the East Barrens.

I watched with Belial and the Dreadnought Revered Venerai as the Grand Master of the Dark Angels came down on his transport.

I always felt uneasy when I was around any of the Grand Masters, not only where they my superiors but should they find out the thoughts and memories of their supposed Brother, I feared for my life, my little freedoms.

"Your judgement on yourself will be hasher than that of others" the Dreadnought said. He was addressing Belial with his words, but, it felt comforting to hear it.

Very quickly the transport landed and out of the front ramp came a small entourage, members of the 1st Company decorated warriors in their own right, Librarians and Chaplains came as well as Tech-Marines among other notable figures.

First there was Brother Bethor carrying the sacred Standard of Retribution, then there was a small cowled figure carrying the winged Lion helm of the Grand Master, a Watcher in the Dark, they were strange creatures only a meter tall, yet they were with the Dark Angels for over ten thousand years.

I knew what they were, and with the way they often stared at me, they knew what I was and likely what brought me here.

Then the final and most important being here there in ornate armor, the insignia of the Chapter and his personal heraldry inlaid with precious gems and rare metals, Keeper of Truth, the Grand Master and supreme commander of the Dark Angels and their successors, Azreal, stern in expression, dark hair close-cropped and deep-set eyes shadowed in the evening sun strode out of the ramp of the transport.

Lexicanium Charon one of the Companies Librarians met the Grand Master while the three of us stayed, patiently waiting while the two held a long conversation, Azrael's eyes flickered towards Belial on occasion, but I could tell nothing from it.

Eventually the two of them parted and the Grand Master was heading our way, specifically in Belials direction and in return the company master stepped forwards to meet his superior.

"The blessings of the Lion upon you Grand Master" he said sinking to one knee before Azrael "I am Grateful for your presence."

"Non desperat countenanti, exemplar est bellis fortis extremis, mom frater" replied Azrael, gesturing for Belial to stand.

"I know that you have misgivings about calling me for aid brother. Put them from your mind, for there is no shame in what you have done. It takes great strength to stand alone against the dark forces of the galaxy; it takes even greater strength to admit the need for help."

Azrael laid a hand upon Belials shoulder, a simple gesture to those who don't know that such an action alleviated any concerns the company master would have.

"You have done your duty, to me, to your Chapter and to the Emperor. By your actions Piscina IV remains safe from the Orks, and through that action the world of Piscina V stays free of taint. Future generations of Dark Angels will give thanks to you and your warriors for what their sacrifice has preserved here."

"I am grateful for your words Grand Master, though there are many that deserve praise even more than I, more so than Sargent Naaman of the Tenth Company." Azrael nodded at Belial.

"Many will be the names recorded in honor for this campaign, others will be added to that list before we are finished. You have brought the Beast of Armageddon to battle, now we must finish the task" Azreal finished looking towards the war-torn city.

Belial stood straighter his fist crashed against his chest in a salute.

"Yes, it is time to unleash a storm of vengeance against these foul aliens. What are your orders Grand Master?"

"Castiel?"

I blinked and the sight of the ruins of Kadillus, my Chapter Masters honor guard and my Captain were gone, replaced with the plain steel wall of the Alcott rennervated backyard shed, in the doorway letting in the morning light was the young child Dinah.

"Moms made breakfast; she asked me to see if you were coming to eat at the table with us" I sighed lightly before standing up from my less-than-ideal bed.

"I'll be there" Dinah nodded at my reply and scampered off towards the families living room.

I pulled up my cowl and did some light stretches to get the small knots out of my limbs and neck, then I slid the old steel door open to reveal the light of dawn heralding the beginnings of a new day.

Today would mark the first week I've spent in this familiar yet foreign world and so many things have happened in such a short time. I feel liberated to be in this world but at the same time I can't help but feel a weighty burden.

When the family and I arrived at this house, the Alcott's went about showing me around like good hosts would do for guests, they offered to prepare a room for me inside the main house itself but I refused and choose to stay in the outside shed which was a small garage workshop with gardening tools, it was not like the Marine quarters back on void ships but it was far better than sleeping outside exposed to the elements, not that it would bother me inside this Master Crafted armor.

The backyard was small, yet the grass was bright green, there were worn brown wooden fences marking the boundary of the garden and from the shed leading to a gate was dug out two dirt lines for motorized vehicles, panning my eyesight to the two-story building, I eyed Dinah waving me in from the glass sliding door.

Trudging forward I had to actively measure my steps least my weight shatters the tile flooring beneath my boots, they did wonder why I never bothered to remove my armor, I would just say it required specialized equipment to take it off which was true yet not, it was true in the way it would be a fast process to have something equivalent of a Servitor to help manage the small bolts and screws, however it was also possible for me to remove it by hand by using internal systems connected to my HUD to disengage the locks in place, but that would be a slow thing and a general pain, plus I didn't feel safe enough to take off my armor, not when this world has super powered beings in it.

So, once I was inside, I spied the mother of the family named Maria was happily cooking something pleasant over the oven top while the father Hector was sitting with a cup of something which smelt similar to Recaf, Dinah meanwhile was gesturing with her hand for me to knee by her side.

I humored the child's little request.

"Ah, good morning Ms. EL Johonson, would like both eggs and bacon for this morning" the mother said giving me a warm smile while using some tongs to overturn the sizzling pork strip, I could feel my mouth begin to fill with saliva at the sight and smell, there was also a strange fore long feeling which made me smile and yet there was a small amount of sadness yet happiness.

"That would be very nice of you Mrs. Alcot" that was my reply.

A quick minute later and the Maria was bringing over four plates towards the table where we all are dining at.

"Thank you for the meal" I said with Dinah quickly following suit.

"No problem" Maria says giving a smile towards us.

And like every other meal I've had in this world, it was far better quality compared to what I was used to back in my second life, I couldn't help the small smile stretch across my lips.

"So, we were wondering if you'd like to accompany us to the PRT Headquarters where Dinah will be testing her powers and joining the Wards with her cousin."

"I do not mind, it will be…interesting" I've had the time to gain knowledge on some things that go on with the PRT and parts of the Protectorate from my time with them, the Wards are apparently children or teenagers who have powers but are not permitted to fight against any other superpowered Parahumans, villains as they are called, yet for Dinah to become a Ward would mean that her parents must have agreed to do so either for her own safety after the kidnapping attempt or for something else.

While I was offered a place in the Protectorate, I politely refused the invitation soon after my medical check-up such a thing would be ill-advised as apparently, I lacked a certain set of brain glands that would qualify me as a Parahuman, that meant I could work with the PRT or any other mundane company because of a technicality, not that I really cared.

So once breakfast was done and we prepared to head out to the PRT HQ, which meant another ride in the back of a truck, then pass the security checkpoints and the signing of Parchments called NDAs we finally could begin with Dinah's power testing.

It wasn't exactly anything I haven't seen before, ask a question about anything and Dinah's power gives you a Percentage based on how likely or unlikely your action or question is, but her Percentages changes from person to person if they were to perform the same activity which makes sense as no two people are alike unless they have an excellent skill for mimicry.

Next part of our visit came with the parents heading to meet with the Director in finalizing the last bit of paperwork in which Dinah becomes a Ward, costume making, and Cape name would be handled by the PR department head, while that was going, I and Dinah accompanied by a Protectorate Hero named Assault led us up towards the Wards room where Dinah would meet her new teammates.

On our way up a lift, Dinah even though she was excited to become a hero she was acting mighty shy at the prospect of meeting other young heroes she took to hiding behind my legs which concealed her form very much to both Assault and I's amusement.

Once the stainless-steel doors opened, I find myself looking at a rather spacious room well furnished with a kitchen area mixed in with a recreational area with many different kinds of seats and a large projector screen with several different consoles with respective cables inserted into the wall sockets.

Stepping into the room I see seven differently aged youths' ether standing or seated around to greet us, I could already see their heads turning or should I say, looking up to take in my huge frame as my feet thud audibly against the floor with Dinah following close behind.

"Hello everyone, as you all probably heard, you're getting a new teammate today and I hope you all greet them with open arms and treat them with respect as they are quite shy" the adult hero said to the group.

"Uh, okay, don't see how a giant knight qualifies as shy considering you know" a red clad suit youth spoke looking a little lost, as if he were in a daze.

"Eh, who cares, greetings Sir Dark Knight of the round, this mere mortal greeting you is Sir Clockblocker how you do" The white suit one with the clock motif attachments stroud up feigning confidence stretched his hand right out towards me.

This was obviously a trap of some kind, this was abnormal behavior not fitting of a young child meeting a near menacing 9ft power armored Knight, that and the Primarch aura that I know I have is affecting everyone here, I could see the fear and awe, the black suit female is gazing at me very intently.

But this boy, his actions speak of something less then friendly.

"Clock, freeze them and you'll be placed on Console Duty for the remainder of the week" the adult hero spoke in a friendly commanding tone.

"ahh come on Assault, ruin my fun why don't ya" the boy walked back to his position full of mirth.

The older hero merely shook their head and sighed lightly and muttering 'never change' before walking to the front of me to address the actual new recruit.

"You should know I wasn't referring to Sargent Castiel here, I was talking about Delphi behind their leg" once the misconception was cleared, I reached out with my hand and placed it on Dinah's head giving a small pat to encourage the child out of hiding.

It worked, slowly the young child peeked around my leg which hid them perfectly which elected small surprise from the gathered youths with the youngest amongst them fist pumping and looking very optimistic.

With a few more small pushes Dinah was now Infront of me.

"H-hello everyone, I'm Delphi the new Ward, I hope we get along well."

The boys first spoke looked a bit surprised, the other two didn't make much of a reaction while the female in the black suit kept watching me instead of bothering to glance at Dinah and the only other child closer to Dinah's age looked ecstatic.

Despite the reactions I felt a small smile dare to tug on my concealed lips, Dinah now had others to keep her safe rather than just myself, and now I could begin honing my newfound Psycker potential and reaching a level of strength that could well and truly make me the equal of if not surpass beings like Greater Daemons or Daemon Primarch's.

"Wait, so who the heck is this person here then" the red clad young hero pointed at me.

[]

Last edited:
Interlude r1 / a2
[]

"Why is he here".

Staring at the man strapped to the chair with tube lines stuck in him pumping sedatives and other drugs to keep them under and for the most part obedient.

Rebecca Costa-Brown known as the Chief Director of the Parahuman Response Team and as the Protectorate hero Alexandria while also being a member of the shadow organization known as Cauldron whose goals were the elimination of an alien Entity masquerading as the world's greatest hero, Scion.

But right now, in another dimension on a lifeless version of Earth, she was within their main base looking at the man whom they sponsored to be a part of the parahuman fiefdom experiment, to see what happens to a city that is ruled by parahumans and not normal human beings.

And yet one of Cauldrons most important members seemed to have pulled the plug on it, it was evident with the man currently sitting here in a daze.

"The path has changed; we may have our silver bullet" she snaped her neck towards what Contessa had just said.

The changing of the path and that comment 'silver bullet' is not a term to be used lightly when it comes to arguably the strongest Thinker, the rest of their members who were currently here said nothing, the silence barely highlighted how dangerous such a comment was to them.

"Elaborate" Doctor Mother spoke, the woman in the lab coat like her was paying a lot of attention to Contessa and only gave a brief glance at the man.

"Something outside the Path has appeared and I needed more reliable means to see it clearly, hence why he is here and that it would be in our best interest to assist this unknown variable" there was a small smile forming on the otherwise emotionless face of the woman in front of them.

She couldn't help but frown though, an unknown made Contessa to do something to require the need of Coils power was unprecedented, it meant this unknown was a something like a Blind Spot but could still be seen with other Thinker powers.

"Are they a threat" the question to that received a quick reply.

"No, they are, the [ANSWER]"

[]

Amy was distracted it was obvious. Homelife, school even when doing Hospital work her mind was filled with clear imagery of that body, her power went through every nook and cranny that made up that woman's, Castiel, her body.

It at first didn't make sense, the way all the different systems from Repository to Lymphatic and Nervous system were all set up and or should she say over engineered, it just wasn't possible for a living being to survive with, it was too perfect.

Then when she looked deeper into the DNA strands, the instructions that tell the body how to grow in what way, she found something, no it was a tingle of something.

Her mind was flooded with a sea of information, jumbled blueprints regarding the body and some images of dare she say memories and actually emotional feelings.

Her power couldn't make sense of it and that oddly excited her, it was something new and unexplored, it was like she stumbled onto a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Castiel was perfect, an ideal, the end goal.

She couldn't take her mind off that Knightess, no matter what she did it all came back to that oversized armored woman.

Amy was obsessed.

Actually, it was more akin to love at first sight kind of deal, a strange Romeo and Juliet thing was plaguing her, she never felt this way before with anyone her lovely sister tried to hook up with her.

Every passing day away from that woman was another reminder of what Amy finally wanted in a partner, it was insane, it didn't make any sense.

But thankfully she knew where to find the Knightess, as a little bit of digging and owed favors to her found the address where she was staying, plus the new Ward was tied closely to them so that was another way she could re-meet with them.

She tried putting off in seeking them out, trying to keep them out of her mind when doing her commitments to school and the Hospital, unfortunately her procrastination did not stave off that gnawing sensation in her mind.

So, she made up her mind and did something she would never do, she called off work and texted her sister to carry her to the one person who kept plaguing her every dreamy night and waking hour.

One way or another, she would have her [ANSWER]

[]

Last edited:
Assuming the whales have a presence in the warp. Could be a tyranids situation. The entities sheer size creating a shadow
It'd be ironic if becoming a chaos god was the [ANSWER] but couldn't because they had no presence in the Warp.

Tbh either option isn't great for the MC as the shadow in the warp means his best way of countering the entities is neutered or the entities fucking around with chaos is all kinds of bad.

Last edited:
Likely that this universe is still pre Slaanesh and still in the healing Warp situation, that is if the WiH even happened and an entity or two didn't somehow butterfly any of Old Ones, Necrontyr or C'Tan, Necrontyr would be the most likely there but the Entity's could have somehow detected the C'Tan since they are realspace beings that feed on stars and considered them threats to be wiped out.

That would also butterfly the Necrontyr since their star was host to a C'Tan which was the reason their world was so radioactive, without the Necrontyr going Necrons the Old Ones would have had no need to make the Orks and would have likely taken their Eldar servants with them when they 'ascended' if they had made them at all.

It'd be ironic if becoming a chaos god was the [ANSWER] but couldn't because they had no presence in the Warp.

Tbh either option isn't great for the MC as the shadow in the warp means his best way of countering the entities is neutered or the entities fucking around with chaos is all kinds of bad.
Considering their multidimensional nature. Them simply not being able to directly access the warp would be the most logical situation lol
Their reality warping shenanigans just distorting the warp around them. Leaving them clueless to it's existance

2.0 the Light of an Dark Angel
[]

I expected a number of things to happen once I managed to project myself into this dreaded realm, to be assailed by hordes of Daemons or even be thoroughly corrupted by the misaims from all the negative energies the creatures of the galaxy heaped into it.

I didn't expect 'nothing' to happen.

The Immaterium was calm, to give a good comparison it was as though I was in a peaceful sea, the currents of the Warp were gentle and the few pushing waves that rolled over my corporeal form did little to move me.

But it didn't mean I wasn't alone.

I was on guard with swarms of emotional constructs floating everywhere, they were of the strangest shapes and sizes, few forced me to turn away least I suffer having my mind collapse, some spoke in an unknown dialect while others just projected their feelings and intent across in a confused mess which I failed to interpret.

Many and none paid my existence much thought or even moved to interact with me, they looked and made expressions, but they never came close, just keeping to their unknown course to places unseen.

I suspected it may be the fact that Entity may have something to do with such a lack luster reaction or maybe it's the residue of the Emperors power clinging to me, his power was something that every Neverborn did everything in their power to either flee or try to destroy it only be rendered null forever.

I had to refocus, I was here to hone my new powers, not sightsee.

I completed the task on manifesting in this place, now I had to see if I could conjure my Grandfathers armaments as it would be foolish to not be ready for anything in this realm, just because it looked calm and peaceful did not mean there weren't malicious predators in this place, every mind that has the capacity to think and imagine has all those ideas, thoughts, emotions and make believe are projected here, and the Human mind, along with countless Xeno's, is a very dark place.

Calling the Sword and Shield was both a trivial thing and deeply strenuous, they were as I found linked to me, a tether to my existence connected to them so it wasn't hard to look for them, getting them here was however difficult.

Not so much the Shield but the Sword, it was specifically designed to wipe out the existence of Daemons, so to bring it to a placed that birthed them by the trillions every single second was like trying to make a negative and a positive magnet touch each other, you could do it but it required constant effort to keep the two in one place.

In a brilliant fiery gold light, my most trusted weapons appeared, feeling them in my projected hands felt both right and revolting, I could feel my very being shudder at such close proximity to the soul erasing weapon.

Idly I noted how the denizens immediately vanished from my sight when I finished inspecting my sword and shield, it put me on edge at how quickly my surroundings became deserted, but I shouldn't be surprised by such a reaction, though I did wonder why there wasn't already a hostile reaction.

I waited there in that space, scanning my constantly changing environment, looking for any sign of a Chaos aligned Daemon to assail my position.

But there was nothing, just the white noise and the hum of power that radiated from my tools.

I still waited, for what felt like an hour or perhaps mere seconds, my chrono meter within my winged helm showed it be only 3 minutes have passed, still I waited to see if anything was coming.

I turned my head to the side, looking at the strange light coming towards me.

I felt it before I saw the light, it was odd, I felt a ping, some sort of scanning wave flowed around my entire being, I prepared myself for it, I didn't care if it didn't project a hostile intent, an unknown Daemon was coming for me, and I would be ready.

It was coming closer, alarmingly fast, too fast, other than that it was massive and the light it shone was more akin to a flame in near same colouration as the flame from the Emperors sword.

The most distinguishing feature of this colossal figure was one massive Human eye which made up the majority of its form, and then there was the three rotating bands of light around it and along the entirety of the bands were also a multitude of eyes covering the entire surface area of all three rotating bands.

Was this a creature of the Changer of Ways? It lacked the symbols and the general look that came with all of its creations, but it had the eyes but the golden flames and comforting light, it was too different to be one of Chaos.

And before I knew it, it was here, dwarfing my entire form as it bared its eye down on me, I could feel the curiosity and the judgement, all the other smaller eyes were doing the same, measuring me in an unknown alien way.

I tighten the grip on my sword and shield, my corporeal form making small near unnoticeable movements to prepare for a fi-"BE NOT AFRAID"

I failed to not grimace, that high pitched voice reverberated through my entire soul, my form was threatening to tremor I was doing everything I could to not give into mortal impulses.

I took a breath, feeling nothing from yet the action was at best a meek a calming action, I had to refocus, steel myself and push forward.

I reached into my mind and brought up conditioned training that the Chaplains enforced on my being.

I faced this creature again ready.

"Why are you here" I projected to the creature right into its human eye that never blinked.

I didn't receive an answer from it, I received it from the distant light behind it from whence it came.

I felt another pulse from the distant light, I could feel it wash over me again and I felt something click within me.

A stab of pain hit my mind which caused me to grit my teeth and snap my shield up and sword reared back its flames igniting in agitation as my intent was interpreted as a call to arms.

"BE NOT AFRAID" the thing intoned once again, projecting none-hostility and a calm.

The distant light pulsed again and with it I felt the pain fade away and a near sigh of relief left my mouth as a strange relaxing and pleasant feeling filled my whole form.

I refused to lower my stance, just because the pain faded and the friendly intent being projected did not make me less than guarded, for all I knew it was playing some sort of trap.

But I could not ignore this freeing feeling flowing through me, it felt like something that was locked was now unlocked.

And then the strange creature in front of me moved.

I felt surprised, it was leaving.

The massive creature was returning to the distant light, its form getting smaller and smaller as it moved back to the light.

However, its eye never looked away, it kept on staring at me even when it was nothing more than a blimp on the horizon, I could still feel its eye looking at me.

Eventually the light and the feeling of being watched vanished, but still I refused to look away from area where that thing came from.

"What was that" I mumbled to myself.

"$$ A )(^^ PROmise @! fulfilled!!??" Not realizing I would get an answer I turned around as fast as I could, but?!!##$@

[]

I was moving before I realized what I was doing.

The kneeling position I took before focusing my psychic power to enter the Warp, had me slashing the empty air with trailing flames as the sword in my hand was outstretched after completing the swing and the shield at my side ready to take a blow.

When I focused again, I stood stock still before slowly returning to an eased yet guarded stance as I went over the experience I just had.

My heart was pounding, I found myself breathing faster and my muscles twitching, I felt rattled.

But as I was forcing my body to calm itself, I could also feel a sense of liberation in myself.

Things felt odd, I was in the Alcott's backyard where I remembered taking a knee to meditate and enter the Warp.

Everything that happened in that realm was still surreal, but I couldn't deny what happened.

I noticed the place where I was once kneeling now standing had an obvious change, the grass was looked fuller, filled with more life than it should have been.

I also noticed how lighter I felt, to test this feeling I brought my sword up and swung down.

It was easy, fast, I already had an incredible swing rate, but that stroke, I raised my sword up again and swung down.

Faster, I raised the sword up and swung again.

It was faster again.

This time I placed the shield down and gripped the sword in both hands, this time I would strain myself a little bit to see just how much stronger I was.

I raised the sword up again, I planted my feet apart, my stance ready, with a breath that felt fulfilling, I brought the blade down once more far faster than the previous times.

The air parted and the sound of lighting resounded in that backyard.

There was deep cracked parting in the earth that led to the house wall which in turn while worn was never fractured like it was now.

All that from a simple swing of my sword.

I frowned as I realized I needed to find someplace in this city to test my new limits least I cause unintended damage to my hosts home.

[]

Last edited:
Back