Brutal Redemption

Voting is open
[X] "I am Alvina, if he stole food then I shall teach him to hunt and forage, redemption starts with making amends does it not?"

[X] "I am Edward, and the church could always use another sword in the line. I'll teach him to fight and maybe he will survive to earn redemption"

Lost in the woods.
Adhoc vote count started by Zedalb on Apr 26, 2021 at 10:50 PM, finished with 8 posts and 6 votes.

• [X] "I am Alvina, if he stole food then I shall teach him to hunt and forage, redemption starts with making amends does it not?"
    [X] "I am Bedelia, I could find value in a thief, Battles are won by scouts and ill gotten gains can be taken back by a deft hand, I could show him to do good with the skill set"
    [X] "I am Edward, and the church could always use another sword in the line. I'll teach him to fight and maybe he will survive to earn redemption"

[X] "I am Alvina, if he stole food then I shall teach him to hunt and forage, redemption starts with making amends does it not?"

"I choose Alvina" You say, she gives you a small nod and your led off stage and the night starts to come to an end. She approaches you with another small nod.
"You should know as your sponsor that I do things differently. We will be leaving in the morning and will not return for sometime. You will learn a lot but the only thing I will give you is knowledge, take that as the warning it is. You should go back to the barn and rest you were injured and we have rough riding to do in the morning."

She phrases it at a request but with the other black stripes all working and you not yet feeling like a full member of the church it makes a lot of sense, not to mention yeah you got stabbed pretty badly, recently.

In the morning you are rudely woken by her kicking your leg a few times. "Come on we have a lot of riding to do"
"Ugh buah augna" You elequently reply as you roll out of the pile of hay. "Yeah, yeah, okay, lets go" You mutter as she throws a hard roll at your head.

"Eat and walk at the same time" She responds as the two of you start to head out. You get a good look at her now and she wears light durable clothing with a padded vest and a pair of knives on her hips.

You end up on the back of her horse and holding on and other than short breaks for the horse to rest you traveled nearly non-stop until you were well outside of the city and getting deep into the woods. When it grows dark the two of you walk with the horse for awhile and from the seemingly random and numerous turns you are quite intentionally lost in the woods.

By the time she calls for a stop your exhausted enough that a few short moments later you are asleep on the ground leaning aganist a tree. Luckily it is fairly warm outside but you still wake up shivering more than once trying to pull your simple clothes and robe tighter to keep you warm, It doesn't really work. Yet you awaken shortly later the sun having yet to risen even but the smell of frying fish is more than enough to rouse you with hunger.

"There is food?"
"There is food for me, I went spear fishing"
"Ah...."
"If you want to eat, I gathered a pile of rocks for you"
"Yes of course the traditional rock breakfast"
"Bash them together, until you figure out which type of stone is the hardest"

You give her a strange look and she just gives you a very smug smile as she eats fresh roasted fish bathed in herbs near her fire. After a moment you get to work, working through the different types of stones until you have learned which of them are the hardest able to damage the others but not easily damaged in return.

"I have the strongest rock now" You tell her and simply gives a small shrug and takes another bite.
"Well the sun is rising, go and find some larger stones, ideally relatively flatish but as long as your wrist to the tips of your fingers"

You give a sigh and get up to start looking over the grassy ground. After a bit of walking you hear a small creek where you find a few stones like she requested and bring them back to her. She finished her fish and started building a simple shelter. You look it over she has been piling branches to make an A frame using a large tree branch as the center suppourt. You suddenly get the feeling that the shelter much like the food is not for you.

"Well now you know what type of rock to make a knife out of, and you have a rock the right size and shape, what do you think the next step is?"
"I'm making a knife for food"
"Knives can be used to acquire food yes. I promised you I would provide only knowledge, and at some point we have to talk about the church but for now, yes a knife"

You get to work trying to beat the stones together and you manage to bang up and scratch your hands a few dozen times before you get something with what could be generously called an edge and a handle.

"Well, it's terrible and I hate it" she says as she works on some type of stone structure in front of her shelter. "But I will have to answer four or five questions if I let you die, so I suppouse it will do for today." She stops what she is doing and walks over to you. "Okay, so what's next is up to you, we can start setting small game traps probably go hungry today except what you can forage but it will set you up in later days, we can go spear fishing which is doable and ensures a meal and a time to work on a shelter, or we can go deer hunting is you want to impress me or very likely go hungry."

Pick one:
[] Go set traps so you will eat easier in the next few days
[] Go spear fishing so that you can have time to build a shelter
[] Go deer hunting you have not forgotten this person has the right to kill you if they want, so you need to impress them.

Choose up to five:
[] Write in questions

[X] Go spear fishing so that you can have time to build a shelter

Shelter is important, should get that done. We can trap tomorrow.

[X] Go spear fishing so that you can have time to build a shelter
I'm gonna be insolent and ask:
[X] What brought you to the church of redemption?
[X] Are many as bad a case as I am?

Voting is open
Back