Berserk discussion thread

So, Flame Dragon Knight....

Thoughts?

Or should we leave it in the Abyss where it belongs?

I was literally talking about this a week ago on Discord. He was 54. The man could have lived up to 100 years old. I can't ... I just can't ...

Bloody hell he was gone too soon... what's a cute arotic dissection?

Hope he left notes behind at least. Berserk can't go unfinished!

Bloody hell he was gone too soon... what's a cute arotic dissection?

Hope he left notes behind at least. Berserk can't go unfinished!
Apparently the inner lining of the aorta tears open, and the blood getting through separates the outer part from the inner. If the outer ruptures too, it's fatal.

From discussion about it on a discord server, death from it is apparently very fast, though I'm not sure if it was painless. Miura would've been dead before he could even collapse to the ground.

PLEASE BE GOOD. PLEASE BE GOOD. PLEASE BE GOOD. PLEASE DON'T SPLIT THE FANBASE. PLEASE DON'T SPLIT THE FANBASE.

Chapter 364 spoilers are out but you probably want to go into this one blind so no posting them from me. There was also a message from Studio Gaga who did this chapter that included an English translation.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our Berserk readers for your continued support. The Berserk chapter 364 published in this volume is the last work of the late Kentaro Miura. We were able to carry on the manuscript he left behind and publish this time thanks to the dedicated support of the Studio Gaga members, who worked together with Kentaro Miura over the years.

Also, we are delighted to announce the latest release of the comic book this December. We thank all readers for waiting such a long time, especially, in the circumstance where information was unclear and ambiguous.

This volume also serves as a special memorial to Kentaro Miura as his last manuscript. We decided to use his ink sketch for the cover specially this time, hoping to convey to all readers his passion, which is so strong and fully perceivable even from the ink sketches.

We hope that you will feel the devotion that he put into his work. In creating this volume, we have grown deeply aware of how big and powerful Berserk was to us, just like Guts' mighty iron sword.

We are deeply sorry to inform you that there is no information to share about the future of the Berserk series at this time. One thing we can promise you is that as Young Animal, the publisher that has worked with Kentaro Miura on Berserk, our first priority will always be placed on him -- what he would think if he were still with us.

Last but not least, we have a message for all fans from Japan and overseas. We have read all the letters that have been sent in with great appreciation. We would like to express our gratitude to you once again for your continuous love and support.

Last edited:
Seeing as the mangaka in question will be Koji Mori, Miura's best friend of 40 years, I think they will give it their 110%.

As I said on SB, I hope this will be good. But 1 thing is for sure, this is gonna affect the Berserk fandom. And maybe not in a good way.

Back