Berserk discussion thread

So has anyone here read holyland? Is it good, and just as importantly is it good in a way which would translate well to the author continuing Berserk?

So has anyone here read holyland? Is it good, and just as importantly is it good in a way which would translate well to the author continuing Berserk?
I've read a few volumes years ago, it's good and has some angst and drama but it's much more teen focused.

One of my problems with the announcement in fact is that Manga-ka brainstorming together and sharing ideas is actually very common but no matter how the fans of different mangas scream 'rip-off' or 'plagiarism' the ideas always devellop differently because even if the authors start at the exact same point (such as the Kurapika/Sasuke thing) they're different people with different styles and different perspectives.

So I'm afraid we'll get what is basically a very high quality fanfic 'tainted' as it were with Koji Mori's talent and perspective and it will feel wrong for Berserk. I've always felt that Berserk was one of those Magnum Opus that can't be dissociated from its author because of how much of himself Miura put in the manga.

Back