Too Op? (Can be changed over the story depending on the majority vote here)

• Total voters
Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

Destiny, I was determined it never existed or if it did I'd ask where mine went so wrong. Love...
Earth, An unwanted development
Destiny, I was determined it never existed or if it did I'd ask where mine went so wrong. Love, I never had any as I was born into isolation and abandonment. Life, everything born will eventually die, it's just the here and now that matters. Speaking of the here and now, how did I get here and what the hell has destiny got for me now?

I wasn't Superman, I wasn't the chosen hero of legend. I was just a simple man who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I suffered from a slight case of decapitation and a slightly more severe case of plane crash and fire from somewhere. I didn't last long but for some reason I expected it to hurt more, I wasn't disappointed, I was in tears, I wouldn't ever see my family again.

I didn't want that but I was only human, what could I do to survive in that situation?

"You could have avoided that situation?" A disembodied head talking to me when my ears were sufficiently melted from my head. I had thought I had died but apparently, my brain went into shock or something and put whatever was left of me into a deluded fantasy of someone talking to me. Or was this god calling out to someone on their dying breath to take them to heaven? I wasn't really religious but can't disbelieve evidence when it is right in front of your eyes, could you?

"what are you thinking of, mortal? I'm not go-d---oing to repeat myself. I am the almighty one and I have called upon you for a special task!" huh, I never expected him to sound like a 20-something year old that has yet to get much life experience or lose their virginity. Besides calling me Mortal rather than my given name of Jack just sounded awkward and forced.

"I'm going to give you one chance at this. If you were sent to a world with power, mystery and excitement with this power. Would you make it interesting?" a... something, appeared in front of my vision. Power beyond my wildest dreams? HA, I have wilder dreams then this, but this did look interesting in its own way. I did question why god sounded so irritated, I just thought he sounded like a 20-something-year-old virgin that has probably never gotten close to a girl. Maybe there was a reason for that, ey mind reader?

"...Was it really that easy to see through it? No, don't answer that, I'd really rather not know. I am named Cal, the magician of the metronome. I never really know what spell I am going to cast till I cast it and I accidentally cast high tier multiversal revival summoning magic, you will gain a random power as well due to the nature of high tier multiversal revival magic, the summoning part was unintentional." I didn't even have a response to that, what the hell sort of magic was that?

"It's called magic, not science, it wasn't meant to be understood, just used. If it was so easily understood then it wouldn't really be magical would it?" Figures, but my power didn't really seem all that useful unless it was used against someone who had been reckless in the past. I suppose I could use it for annoyances but other than that it wasn't really powerful.

"Anyways, you will wake up somewhere in the same universe as me, you may or may not be attacked immediately, you also may or may not be summoned inside of a wall or person or even on a planet for that matter, though I'm sure that won't happen." Oi, OI! You can't just say that to someone and then---

*SHINE!*

--- Son of a bitch!

I quickly checked my body for being summoned awkwardly or wounded. I was perfectly healthy and not inside of a wall, I checked around me for danger's to my immediate survival, there wasn't any. I was inside of a forest, wearing gym clothes. Not that I didn't look good in gym clothes, I had large muscles from a lot of work so I was always happy for a chance to show off and boost my ego a bit, that didn't help much here.

'cold' was the first thing to cross my mind about the situation. I was in a forest in skin-tight shorts and a tank top, there wasn't snow on the ground but it was still a bitter cold that reached through to your bones. My teeth were chattering in moments. I was proud at how well I just excepted the situation, I had just died and yet I felt oddly calm.

First thing's first I needed to find civilisation. It wouldn't be good to just go wandering around, it would be helpful to have something else to wear.

[Activation: Item creation Magic]

I could hear something speaking, then the noise of an engine revving up. Before I could understand what was even going on I was wearing a thick warm cloak along with the sort of clothes you would sooner find back in the bronze age rather than the modern age.

[Activation Successful: No threats detected, powering down]

This time I traced the sound to the side of my head, I sent a hand to investigate in case something was on my head but my investigating hand came up with just a normal ear. I felt strangely violated that there was something there that I couldn't explain, a power I didn't know how to use was in my possession and I was in the middle of nowhere with no humans around.

As a normal human I didn't really feel right without something to call home, others by my sides that I could count on.

[Activation: Teleportation Magic]

Oh, that's helpful. What looked to be a typical magical circle opened up beneath me and it got brighter and brighter. It was a long wait but I felt like if I moved away from the magic it would cancel. Annoying but manageable, I wondered what sort of amazing fantasy city I would arrive at. I didn't have my standards pretty high, I realised earth was probably fairly advanced if people were relying on magic for everything not needing to invest into technological advancements.

[Target: Noxus, the immortal Bastion]

Huh, sounded oddly familiar for some reason. I wonder why?

the powerful light engulfed me and when it dimmed down, I was surrounded by armed men with armour on pointing weapons at me. Ah, a warm welcome then?

(Introduction End)

Well, this was my first story on Sufficient Velocity. I practised a lot of writing by doodling stuff down during class and by exploring my creative side on my phone. I was finally inspired to make this story when someone told me to stop googling 'place to write cool stories' and check out Sufficient Velocity. I don't expect great grammar since this is my first story here or even if this story will post or just crash and have to be re-posted but I have a little faith that it will do good.

The fantasy setting? Well anyone who knows Noxus, the immortal bastion, should know what the setting it. If you still don't know, it is the game known far and wide as League of legends PC edition. Or x-box edition if you are a remarkably popular riven cosplayer.

The special power? An AI that casts magic based on the desired effect, doesn't mean it will be the desired magic, just the desired effect. Can only cast magic that the MC has the mana to use. If an effect is requested while there is not enough mana the next best thing will be achieved.

Aditional Power? Summoner Spells. Do you now know what a summoner spell is? Well, you could download League Of Legends and find out what you are missing out on or google it. More chapters will release depending on the reviews, I may have my motivation crippled from a bad criticism and I may be motivated to write 100 chapters from good ego inflation. Not saying to lie but if you think it's a good idea worth continuing let me know, if not I will drop it for something else.

Noxus, An unexpected meeting
Never once thought in my life I would arrive here. I had gotten bits and pieces of knowledge from this place long before I actually arrived. I wasn't the most knowledgeable however I was indeed aware of the implications that my presence had. Unlike what I knew the story didn't just wait around without end. Plot points moved onwards and I was now sitting uncomfortably in a prison cell awaiting my torture. No real reason for it, I gave my statement on what happened, they just needed to be sure.

I had lived a simple, tiresome life. I used to always want to escape to a world like this but after being here so such a short time I decided that I'd rather just find a way back home. I had magic, sure, but that wouldn't save me. I knew that I would be hopelessly butchered by this world if I made one mistake. I just needed to be careful not to have any powerful eyes set on me.

I tried to escape however Noxus is a very big place and decided it would be wise to ally with them if only for the short term. I wouldn't be able to ally with the only real person I knew in depth for my own safety however it was probably for the best. If that person was anywhere near me I wouldn't have very long to live, If I saw them, I'd already be dead. I would have to convince Noxus I was powerful and deserved to be respected as well as being Noxian so they wouldn't just kill me on principle.

Why do I know all of this? Because before I died I played a game, this game was a simple pass time, nothing more. This game had champions, you could choose to play as them and they all had their own unique playstyle and personality, an entire backstory and world they lived on if you could be bothered to read it. There were some champions that could be considered gods or at least the next best thing, there were some that were only human but could do cool things or had a cool backstory, there were some that were magically awoken and some that were so skilled they were practically untouchable.

I only know their in-game abilities, however, I would assume out of the game they would be significantly more versatile, some would be significantly stronger while others would be significantly weaker by comparison, because unlike a game real life's a bitch.

I only know the lore for one of these champions. And if I value my life I will never ever meet them face to face. I wasn't really against their ideals or anything, I just knew they would be against mine. I had plans to make dominos fall in a certain way and they only cared about the small stuff like what they know or what is within possibility for them to find out. I had meta-knowledge and I would use it to its full extent... Well, not sure if it counts as meta-knowledge. I just know a bit of lore.

"So you are the spirit walker?" I was alone in my cell, cell door locked, impossible to get in otherwise. Yet, of course, knowing my luck, who had a plane crash into him, it was bound to happen. I knew this one all too well, I knew their past, I knew what they fought for and who they fought with. I even had an idea how they would fight and how to beat them if it came down to that. However, I doubt even if I was strong enough I could bring myself to do it.

"Murphy?" I asked not to the voice but to my sanity, I ASKED FOR ONE THING! Don't put the psychopathic assassin in my line of sight! I loved them to bits however as it stood I was under their suspicion for something, I never wanted to be on their radar or the radar of the people they associate with for quite some time. Yet here I was being called a spirit walker.

"Who is Murphy?" I turned my face away from the voice, I didn't want to look at the voice and give it more of a reason to kill me. I never saw it and it will probably spare me? Horrible logic, however, she would probably kill me anyway. But really, my luck was abysmal. I demand a laning phase!

[Not possible: 209 trillion more mana required]

Well ok then voice in my head, you be that way. I will go and mope in a corner as I just spawned, teleported to lane, got taken down by minions to be slaughtered by a level 18 full build assassin. I love the game balance here! Anyways, they were awaiting a response so I thought it best to give them an appropriate one.

"A bastard right around now. So, why have you come here A-ssassin." I almost said her name but I would rather not come across as omnipotent, I wasn't all insightful into her life however she had been my closest company for years. I'm not sure what that said about my social life when a fictional character was my closest person, however, I'd seen a lot stranger. I made sure to add emphasis to the word assassin and I felt the cool chill of steel to my throat, not pressed hard but it was there for a moment. Letting me know that she could kill me whenever.

"You crossed over to the spiritual realm, caused a breach over in the Desolate Trench." Oh god, I got on their radar from second one? They certainly move fast, it hadn't even been a day yet. I took in a deep breath and sighed. I turned my head slightly, I could see the metal bars and in them a wavy reflection of the real one. Green covering her body, not what a real assassin would wear but she could get away with it.

"I can neither confirm or deny if that was me. If it was me hypothetically I would be sorry and I apologise, if it wasn't me you have no evidence." I knew they probably had evidence or they would never have traced it to me. But I couldn't just admit it, the evidence could just be a trail or something I could explain as something else.

"You have a spirit stuck on you." Oh, that made a little more sense.

"Then could you remove it Akali?" Wait! I said it, was her name well known? I didn't know! I mean, she could just ignore it right? I wasn't breaking the balance or anything, I was just a normal person summoned from another planet with a voi- ok yea I was strange, I get it. I was probably crushing their balance right now. If you aren't familiar Akali is apart of a group of cool assassins that keep balance, balance in all things at all costs.

"I could but could you answer one question." A kama pressed against the wall beside me ready to take my head off at a moments notice. "Where did you hear my name. Spirit walker?" If I knew what she meant be spirit walker I could hope to respond appropriately but unfortunately being good at a game didn't help much. Maybe I could be honest and she would understand?

"Because I have watched you from afar for a long time. You don't know me well but I know you, you truly are a balanced person. Though I could probably do it better." I shrugged uncaringly of the Kama by my face.

[Summoner Magic Link Achieved: Akali, the fist of shadow]

The kama practically teleported the distance between where it was and where it was now drawing a few drops of blood. Her neck, where mine was bleeding, was also bleeding.

"Akali. I am Jack, and I am a master rank summoner. I believe I owe you an explanation." I wonder if it was situations like this that they retconned the ministry of war out of the game?... Speaking of that, I need to see where the game stands. I need to know how much of my knowledge is useful. I needed Akali not to glare(?) at me, it was breaking my heart.

Judging by Akali's confused expression at the master rank summoner part, this is indeed a time the ministry of war is out of the game. So why do I feel like I can take control of Akali right now and use flash?

(End of chapter)

And the fated champion approaches, Was this set up by fate? Sort of, I flipped a coin to decide if I should go with this or if I should go with Jack launching a full-scale prison break. This should be a lot more fun I decided, Akali is a cool champion but not exactly a chaotic evil person like Jack should be around... Oh is that spoilers? Probably not, I rolled for a random mental illness online and based his personality around that. It was only natural this would happen.

Back