Bad Robot: A Transformers/ASOIAF/??? SI

Should 'Bad Robot' stay just a ASOIAF/Transformers Cross?

• Stand-Alone - Transformers/ASOIAF cross only (Might need a rename)

Votes: 34 42.0%
  • Hub - Westeros is the 'main world' that the MC has as a home between 'jumps'

Votes: 39 48.1%
  • As-Is - As is.

Votes: 8 9.9%

• Total voters
This looks super interesting. Hope to see this continue for a long time to come. I am looking forward to all the other worlds listed especially warhammer fantasy. As a guy who enjoyed 400 hours and plan to enjoy more with warhammer 3 there is not much fanfiction about it and if there is it is abandoned. I will be loving the wtf factor that fantasy worlds will be giving him.
I listed the worlds by category not in order. So as it stands like ASOIAF the WFB arc will be long and I will probably have one or two smaller world arcs between long ones.
I hope Scorch's circuits won't fry up after all of the madness unravelling around him.
I promise shit won't hit the fan unless it is at fractions of c. If you remember the Siege of Isengard in my Lotr/WfB quest on SB you know how much of a clusterfuck that was.
nice chapter thx for writing it
interesting that the gods are so active in intervening one would think some would like to see the other dead since there killing there toys.
nice going with the sleeping upright gag :D
The active Gods thing was inspired by alot of the Q episodes in Star Trek and more or less an inversion of the common ASB/ROB trope of godlike beings just giving your average Joe's powers and dropling him somewhere with no explanation; here at least I'd like them to have motivations and see how they interact and conflict with the higher powers of other worlds.

Chapter 3
Chapter 3

A/N: Just a foreword that this is a narrative-focused and not an action chapter. TL;DR: More Game of Thrones, Less Transformers this Chapter. Enjoy.

Being entirely mounted and going down the Kingsroad rather than up they had made good progress to Winterfell. That didn't mean it was a smooth journey.

Men and women would make way for their Lord-Paramount, but they would still stare and gawk or at times hide from their giant metal wolf companion. Every hamlet or village had smallfolk point and whisper of Scorch and why Lord Stark was with them. Being the main highway it was inevitable other travelers would spread rumors and speculation across the rest of Westeros. It did no help that the boxes brought with them were a still thrashing Wight and a spear that seethed a dread aura from the cracks.

It was reason enough for Eddard to stop and make camp just before reaching Winterfell as he, Benjen, and the other three lords talked in private. On the other end of the camp was Ser Scorch himself, busily attending to the strange devices that Benjen said could destroy the monsters of myth and legend. Guards watched the perimeter with a good number encircling the Wight's container with nervous eyes and steel pointed inward.

"Lady Val is the Good-Sister of the King-Beyond-The-Wall." Eddard continued, "If she speaks for him then we can stop the bloodshed before it begins."

"Or so she claims." Umber huffed, "Lord Stark I have fought Wildling raiding parties for years. All of us have. For all we know it could be a Wildling trick. "

"A plot like you describe is far too elaborate and risky." Bolton reasoned, "Especially when there is a clear threat."

Benjen interjected, "The King must know."

"The King will know." Eddard explained, "The North will bear the brunt of the fighting whether it is Wildlings or the very White Walkers themselves that march on The Wall."

"I will have my men ready regardless." Karstark commented, "I am sure we are all at least in agreement on that?"

"Aye." Umber nodded, "There is still the Gods-damned giant metal shapeshifter."

"I wouldn't call him Gods-damned." Benjen downplayed, "From what I have seen it is the opposite."

Ned could not fathom the power that Ser Scorch wielded. He had seen war and destruction but fire of such scale? The closest thing he knew was Wildfire and the volatile substance's reputation was reason enough for him to be wary of the Transformer.

*TSCHE-CHU-CHU-CHU-TSCHE*

Ned's attention snapped to the man in question as the shapeshifter changed into his bestial form, curled protectively around the Wildling woman. While nominally tied to Val by some queer Wildling custom Scorch was protective of her.

"I will speak to him again." Ned declared, "Alone."

"Lord Stark," Karstark pleaded, "you can't be serious…"

"I am. He did not try to harm us all this time. Whatever he is Scorch is not an enemy."

The Lord Paramount had made up his mind and approached the metal wolf.

"Ser Scorch. A word."

Bridenapping was a Free Folk tradition and the Red Comet or 'The Red Traveler' some would call it was considered a good time to steal a Waifu. That all said, Val was using a very thin excuse to tag along. Hopefully.

"What are the Head Kneelers yapping about?"

They were huddling on the other side of the camp and whispering to each other. I still heard them. The senses of a Transformer were literal sensory equipment.

"Likely whether they can trust us or not," I answer.

"We have you." Val continued, "We have a moving corpse in a box. And you. And the Head Crow. And you."

"And me." I shrugged, "Especially me."

"Mance is gathering the tribes. Thenns. Hornfoots. Nightrunners. Even managed to get the Giants to work with him. One way or another we'll be on this side of that damn wall."

"I'd like to avoid pointless fighting Val."

"Fighting is in Free Folk blood. But I see your point. Maybe the Kneeler that the rest of the Kneelers kneel to will have some sense in him."

"Do you have any other word besides 'Kneeler' for them?"

"Until they stop calling us 'Wildlings' then fuck them. We aren't wild. We are decent unlike these shits who decide whose prick and cunt made you puts you in charge."

"Colorful description of Hereditary rule."

"Hered-what?"

"Kneeler word for it."

"Sounds stupid. Why don't they just pick the smart or strongest one to be in charge like we do?"

"Sadly they aren't there yet."

"..."

"..."

"What are you doing?"

I lifted up my just cleaned weapon: A grenade launcher fit for the hands of any giant robot.

"Maintenance. Can't fight Others with just my bare hands."

Val snorted, "You did a good job anyways."

"A great job is better than a good job."

Most of what Onyx had sent me was supplies; ammunition to keep my weapons stocked and spare parts to keep me running. The rest was what made Scorch … Scorch. Even if my form was no longer the Titanfall mech I had his upgrades. It was not a one-to-one equivalence.

Tempered Plating was fireproofed armor; Inferno Shield was a set of heat sinks and heat shields for my weapons; Fuel-for-the-Fire was a literally dedicated refueling system that fed to my weapons.

...but Scorched Earth wherein the games added thermite to the Flame Core, the thing that I used to vaporize the horde, here in Westeros it literally meant scorched earth and lifeless glassed areas.

"What's so special about the spear?" she pointed to the box beside me, "Besides it being purple and made of ice?"

I hurt my hand by ripping it out of my rib cage. It ate at the metal 'skin' like it was a chemical burn but I kept it on me until we made it back. The moment I managed to limp over onto the other side of Castle Black I coerced the Builders to get two boxes: one for the Wight, the other for the spear of crystallized Dark Energon that I kept close to me at all times. Seeing both they quickly agreed.

"Because it is made from the blood of a dark god of destruction and chaos."

How Dark Energon came into the Night King's hands I didn't know. Only that it was poisonous to life itself and the stuff that necromancers could only dream of.

I watched her reach for it when I started and then pull her hand back as she heard the rest, "Right… Do not touch the blood of evil gods." Val blinked, "Dark? What is Not-Dark Energon?"

"The source of Transformer … 'magic'. It gives and sustains the life of my kind and is used to fuel our spells." I pointed a thumb to my chest, "Inside my chest is an Energon Matrix. A magic item that gives me just enough Energon to survive."

"Can we … use it? If Energon is magic then can-"

"It is toxic to humans," I replied succinctly.

"It can't be ALL humans. There has to be a way..."

"I wouldn't take my chances."

"We have to try. If the Kneelers aren't going to help us then-then you can show us how. Right?"

I bit my metaphorical robot mode lip as I stood up.

"I will help any way I can. We will be reaching Winterfell tomorrow."

No matter how many times I transformed the feeling was something I could never get used to. It felt like I was stretching myself into a noodle and then twisting into a gordian knot.

Val looked annoyed, "I can take care of myself. I am not one of their soft kneeler women."

Since we got into The North I've had her sleep with me. No. No, not THAT way. What I meant to say was when it was time to sleep I was curled up into a big protective metal ball around her. So spooning … platonically….

This was a medieval world that didn't treat women, so-called 'foreign barbarians', or foreign barbarian women so nicely. It didn't help that one of the lords with Stark was a vicious psychopath and his son and men were just as twisted in their horribly special way. The Boltons skinned people alive in the past and as far as I can tell they may be doing it in secret right now. I should really find proof when I can...

"You are still very beautiful..."

"Why thank you."

"...You are also a woman stuck in a land of people that have been fighting with yours for centuries."

She gave an unladylike snort but she didn't have a chance to respond when Eddard approached, "Ser Scorch." he said, "A word alone please."

Val looked at me and I looked at her, "Alone?" I ask.

"Benjen!" Stark beckoned for his brother.

Benjen nodded and quickly crossed from one end to the other. He stood right next to Val who scowled standing next to another 'Crow' again.

"Really?" Val replied incredulously.

"Yes." Benjen crossed his arms, "Now Lady Val-"

"Don't. Call me. Lady." Val growled, "I'm just Val."

"...Whatever you say Lady Val."

Benjen kept smiling to her annoyance.

I shrugged, "Lord Stark. Lead the way."

We walked into a thicket deep enough that we could still see the campfires but far enough that no one could hear. Ned glanced left and right before he began to speak.

"Tell me again of the enemy." he requested.

"Wights can be raised from any corpse and are not affected by organ damage or blood loss. Dismemberment, Fire, and Dragonglass are needed to effectively destroy them." I explained, "Valyrian Steel can easily kill White Walkers but I know from experience enough force can do the same. If a White Walker is killed the Wights under its command will collapse without a controller. "

"You have already explained that to me and the others." Eddard replied, "When the time comes my Banner-men will be equipped when they man The Wall. What I want is the rest."

"The rest?"

"The Wildings and also your people. You have not lied … but you have not told me everything. If we are to save us all we need to trust each other."

"...On your honor?"

"On my honor."

"The Free Folk are desperate to escape The Others. They will try to force their way through if you and the King refused. And it is better we don't give The Others an army if we have the chance."

"Aye. The reasons are good enough. But the south may need more to be convinced."

I shake my head, "Then I don't know what else I can do to prove it. I am me. Your brother saw them. And we have both a Wight and an Other's weapon as well."

"King Robert is my friend." Ned explained, "We were fostered together and he is my brother as much as Benjen is. He would relish a chance to fight again. It is the rest of the king's court that may not support our cause."

Westeros was made of the Seven Kingdoms and the Crownlands that were ruled by the King directly. Eddard could call all of The North to war and through his wife Catelyn whose family ruled their physical southern neighbor, he could count on the support of the Riverlands. As King, Robert would be able to rally the crownlands and as Robert Baratheon, he had the Stormlands who bent the knee to House Baratheon.

"Three Kingdoms and the Crownlands would be behind our backs." he continued, "Robert is married to Queen Cersei Lannister but I doubt that alone would convince the Lannisters and no House in the Westerlands would even think of providing us support without the Lannisters say. Especially when it means sharing common cause with Wildlings."

"Names work both ways. They aren't Wildings. They call themselves Free Folk and they call you all Kneelers because they don't follow men just because of who their father is or just because the rules say so. Mance Rayder is what you all call The King-Beyond-The-Wall because Free Folk chose him and he is the one trying to protect his people "

"..."

"Just to be clear Lord Stark. I'm not taking any side but the living."

"All men must choose what banner they march under. Whether we want to or not."

"I thought you didn't care about politics."

"I do not." the Stark reaffirmed, "I only see what my options are. The Reach and Dorne have enmity with the King. And Vale I do not know enough of. Catelyn's sister was married to Lord Arryn but I must confess that in the past few years they have spoken less."

"The odds can be evened."

….I didn't say that. Eddard was frozen still and I hear the familiar voice of a Demi-God from behind me.

"Onyx?"

I saw that Onyx had seen better days. His armor plating was scarred and battered like he had been shoved into a transformer-sized blender.

"The damage will heal" he dismissed, "I do not have much time Scorch. You have your parts but they are not synchronized to your Spark." Onyx held his hand out with one talon pointed right at my forehead, "This will hurt."

It did. The moment Onyx's talon touched my head I was paralyzed with pain. My body wasn't transforming. It was being ripped apart from the inside and smashed into shapes. I wanted to scream but couldn't even move my damn jaws.

"The pain will be temporary and your completed upgrades will not be available to you immediately." He replied, "I have reached an accord with The Gods. Neither of us shall interfere with each other's affairs except against The Others. Expect them to violate the deal when it becomes convenient."

"What…" I managed to wring out, "...E-Else?"

"Go to Braavos. There you will find a God that will aid you."

Braavos? It was practically this world's version of Venice known to oppose slavery and be open to all faiths. I can't even remember how many gods have shrines and temples built along the dozens of islands. People from all across the world sailed to and from there.

"Which...

Eddard shook his head, "Would you be willing to share the secrets of your magic? Work as a Sellsword even?"

"...one.."

Time had resumed and Onyx was gone in the blink of an eye.

Ned paused, "One? One what? Scorch?"

"The gods have told me to go to Braavos."

"Braavos? But that is across the Narrow Sea."

"Not immediately." I explained, "But I will leave after we have everything set."

Including making sure that the Lannisters aren't going to ruin everything. Not all the problems Westeros had were their fault but I'd be sleeping better if they weren't in a position to make a mess when we're all on a strict timetable.

"What do the gods want you to do in Braavos?"

"The gods sent me here and they sent me their weapons to fight The Others. I am willing to trust them."

"My brother Benjan has told me of your adventure. He nearly died from it. The Red Traveler passed through the Sky but it can be a good or an Ill omen."

"I would say it was the former."

"I hope it is so." He admitted, "Lest we face enemies from the south."

"...The odds can be evened."

...This time I was the one to say it.

"Magic."

"In a way." I conceded, "I am not a Maester and I am not a Sorcerer. But I know a weapon that might help you against the White Walkers."

"What is it then?"

"If I tell you this then swear to me that you will do your damndest to keep it from the wrong hands for as long as possible."

"Your secret is safe with me."

"Once it is out it is out Lord Stark. You can't stop it ... only delay it."

Every stride of his horse he knew he was one more step closer to Winterfell and what was to be the darkest days ahead of them. Ser Scorch had told him off a weapon that could shatter castles and bring the social order of his world to its knees. The weapon would be crude in the grand scheme of things, but it was too brutally effective to be ignored.

But despite this he had suppressed his worries, for now, there was no need to spread his ill mood to the others. Greatjon seemed to be still as boisterous as before and Benjen was genial enough to humor him.

"It has been some time since I've been home." Benjen mulled, "Are the boys behaving Ned?"

"Bah!" Greatjon scoffed, "All the same! I know for a certain fact that all us Lords thought with our pricks more than our heads when we were their age.."

"I hope to think that they have grown to be fine young men Lord Umber." The First Ranger pondered.

"Wishful thinking." Umber chuckled, "Not every boy ends up like you or Lord Stark!"

"As long as the taxes are paid and the land is quiet," Roose added, "it matters not what they do in their leisure."

His eldest Jon was likely being pestered by Jon's youngest siblings and his ward Theon was likely trying to drag his second-oldest Robb into something foolish. Again.

"I should have brought a gift." The First Ranger grumbled, "Arya and Bran probably expect it."

"We are bringing a giant fire-magic wielding metal wolf." Umber huffed, "THAT is a gift enough."

Finally, as they rode to the peak of one tall hill they saw it: a dozen turrets and towers standing defiantly amidst the cold and bleak forest. They had arrived.

Winterfell was the ancestral home of House Stark and the seat of power in The North. Literal millennia of building and rebuilding allowed the ancient castle to cover several acres of land a large part of which was reserved for the Godswood.

The First Men still worshipped The Old Gods, Eddard was no different and after speaking to his wife and family he would go to the sacred tree grove for guidance. If there was one thing he needed now was counsel, especially the spiritual kind.

"Winterfell." reminisced Benjen.

"Winterfell," Bolton muttered.

Eddard grimly nodded, "Winterfell."

Val shrugged, "It's only a castle…"

"Val!" Scorch hissed.

A/N: No. This is not an uplift story. There is just no time. And kind of done to death. It's obvious what 'The Weapon' Scorch is talking about but the ASOIAF arc isn't focused around industrialization, instead it's a battle for survival and how Westeros fights The Others (and themselves).

Neat.

if the other primes show up, i wonder if Amalgamous Prime will be one of them? i could see Shifter or Infinite abilities becoming useful...especially the latter...

Nice chapter thx for writing it
Nice amount of talk and fluff as for the weapon thermite ?
As for cercei perhaps bs claiming prove of linetheft

Neat.

if the other primes show up, i wonder if Amalgamous Prime will be one of them? i could see Shifter or Infinite abilities becoming useful...especially the latter...
I hope to have at least one Thirteen be his guide in each world although I think Amalgamous would be one of the later ones. Being a shifter is more the end state than anything else.
Nice chapter thx for writing it
Nice amount of talk and fluff as for the weapon thermite ?
As for cercei perhaps bs claiming prove of linetheft
The weapons that are referred to are firearms.
dude val is a chad

or whatever the name is for a female chad
You mean Best Girl.

You know, there's probably going to be confused with firearms. With a name like that, they're probably going to expect something like the flamethrowers Scorch has, not tubes that shoot pellets at really high speeds.

"If I tell you this then swear to me that you will do your damndest to keep it from the wrong hands for as long as possible."

"Your secret is safe with me."

"Once it is out it is out Lord Stark. You can't stop it ... only delay it."
This could be a couple of things and I hope to god it's not gunpowder because I've seen enough stories with that when it explicitly stated that Gunpowder cannot even exist due to a pure difference of physics

Guns might work because there are ways of using alternate propellent but gunpowder literally cant exist on planettos without going full AU instead of a crossover.

Last edited:
That sounds dumb. I don't see any reason why to make it impossible. At least they didn't delve deep into pseudoscience to explain why.

I can think of more reasonable ways to explain why gunpowder doesn't exist.

Alot of times fantasy worlds have that guns don't exist just because there are no guns.

But I know there is a trope somewhere about how the gods do everything to enforce a tech/culture status quo to maintain their power and their 'preferred' order.

Chapter 4
Chapter 4

I knew by just existing that canon was derailed.

Drop a rock in a pond and there will be ripples. Being a giant flaming robotic hellhound was like dropping a boulder. I was in Westeros early enough that I was entering uncharted territory. For all, I know the King wouldn't be dying by 'accident' anytime soon and the Seven Kingdoms wasn't going to go into a civil war.

"Dull the shock" Ben reasoned, "We should go ahead of you."

"And make sure no one would be screaming at the sight of you Ser Scorch." Umber added.

Apparently, a zombie, a spear made of evil god blood, and a giant robotic arsonist were a lot to take in all at once. From the hill, I could see the growing tent city being pitched in front of Winterfell and its castle town, Winter Town, and also a crowd of people milling around.

"What do you think the kneelers are doing?" pondered Val.

"Do you want my words or what you would say?" I looked to the gathered lords, among them the most outspoken.

"Entertain your lady-wife." Umber shrugged, "I'm not some flowery southern cunt who wilts with harsh words."

I comfort myself knowing that at least it wasn't consummated.

"Kneeler bosses waiting to kiss the arse of the head Kneeler while they wait for the Chief Kneeler to kiss his arse and convince him to send fighters to The Wall."

"Kneelers." She shook her head.

I nod, "Kneelers."

"Typical wildling." Umber shook his head, "We have more than one word to insult you savages."

"Lord Umber please...." Eddard groaned.

Suddenly we hear the bellow of a northern horn and men shouting/relaying the news of their arrival.

"That is the signal." Bolton observed, "I suggest we arrive at Winterfell proper Lords."

"Aye." Karstark nodded, "It's best we get this over with."

"I bet they'll scream and shit when they see you." Val wagered.

"I would hope not." Ned grumbled as he turned to look at the assembled mixed guards, "Half of you clear a path for us and give them forewarning of Ser Scorch. The other half with us. When the time is right secure the boxes in the cellars and wait for my call to fetch them."

A smattering of 'yes lords' later Karstark, Umber, Bolton, and Stark men rode ahead into Winterfell, the others busied themselves tying our loot onto the backs of their strongest draft horses.

"I do not want them out of my sight," I tell Ned.

"It is necessary I am afraid. We must feed them ill-news gently."

As we approached people began to notice us. First Men, Andal, knight, servant, peasant all turned their eyes to look at us but their reaction was all the same; Each and every one of them was wary. Half were afraid, the other half was ready to draw weapons as if they could do anything.

Only the men that rode with us to Winterfell reacted with anything that wasn't that. Their face was neutral and stiff, slowly forming an escort around us as they led us through the tent city.

"What is that?" Val pointed to the side.

I glanced to the side and froze mid-step.

Nested behind more tents, flags, and boxes was a massive carriage. The Royal Carriage. Think of the largest, gaudiest camp trailer you have ever seen … then make it move on wood wheels and lugged around by a whole set of horses.

"That is a Wheelhouse," I whispered.

"And what is a 'Wheelhouse'?"

"A house on wheels."

"It looks stupid." She mumbled.

Not as stupid as the lady and brat who rode in it but Cersei Lannister and her son Joffrey were more known to be evil, spiteful assholes than idiots. Not by the Westerosi of course, until Robert shuffled off the mortal coil they wouldn't know how horrible those two narcissistic sociopaths would be in charge.

And they were already here. Judging by Ned's look he was just as confused as me.

"My lords." One of the Stark guards approached, "The King awaits."

I nodded and resumed walking. It was completely silent at first going from the tents to the town but I began to hear them mumbling and whispering to each other. Whether it was bad, good, or a mixture of both I couldn't say. There were so many people and enhancing hearing doesn't come with the best filter.

"It's as if they are seeing a man be brought to an execution," Karstark mumbled.

Umber snorted, "Rather that then tell them the end of the world nears."

Finally, we stood before the gates of the castle proper. Winterfell was made with the help of giants and it was tall enough to fit them. Barely. I crawled more than I walked but wasn't going to waste power or cause a panic like I did scaling The Wall.

Blocked by horses and banners I couldn't see what was going on but I could hear a familiar voice.

"Gods you got old Ned," A voice grunted.

Oddly enough it wasn't Robert's actor. Instead, it was Brian Blessed's booming voice. I was starting to think canon wasn't even there in the first place.

"Ser Scorch can you show yourself?"

Hearing Eddard call out to me I complied.

Rising out from the gate I could see the courtyard and it was just as filled with people as the rest. Here was where the Castle Servants and the actual nobles, both landed knights and ladies had congregated. Like the rest some were nervous, others expecting trouble, but there was also a new group: the greedy ones. My gut instincts told me they were watching me not because they were worried about my presence but because they wanted to see what kind of playing a piece I was in their 'game'. And among them was the Queen.

Both her and the King just walking out the Great Hall. Cersei was ridiculously attractive and looked younger than age suggested while Robert was …. fat. He had the beard of an old slob and massive weight issues that would have killed him as easily as the 'accident' in canon.

"Your Highness…"

Even as honorable and proper as the castle's lord was, there would always be a brothel wherever men congregated. Today the Winter Town brothel was busy with many, many, many customers from far-off. King Robert among them. Tyrion Lannister was not. There would always be a brothel wherever he went and Tyrion was focused on his other favorite pursuit: knowledge.

Winterfell's Maester Luwin was his only company in the aptly named Library Tower and he watched Tyrion like a hawk. Not out of suspicion of being a dwarf for once, but because the elderly man would let no harm on his books come to pass and for good reason. The library of Winterfell was just as ancient as it's the castle. In its collection were worn rune-carved planks and slabs of wood and stone, dozens of scrolls made of rich vellum and some sort of swamp reed, and more than enough books to keep him satisfied.

"Should you be enjoying what Winterfell has to offer Lord Tyrion?" Luwin asked.

"Women are for later. Words are for now." Tyrion quipped, "There will always be another whore house but there are too few libraries."

"Not my words but I see your thinking, Lord Tyrion." Luwin acknowledged, "Although I do not see why you have so many books pulled from the shelves."

The stack next to Tyrion was near thrice the height of the very short man.

"I am looking."

"If I may ask: for what?"

"Myths and legends."

Luwin grimaced, "So you heard the rumors. Do you believe them?"

"Don't you? Lord Stark IS your lord."

"Indeed Young Ned is my lord." the Maester nodded, "And the First Ranger is his brother."

"But you doubt him."

"I believe that my Lord believes something is amiss and the ravens from the Wall and others tell that there is." Luwin grasped the chain around his neck, each link representing one mastery of a subject, "You will see that I have a link of Valyrian steel."

"The one for magic." Tyrion observed, "Well. What does a Maester who forged his chain say?"

"Caution."

"No fun in that." Lannister shrugged, "and it helps to be prepared Maester Luwin. Now, wherein the Seven Hells do you put your books of superstitious nonsense?"

"If you must know." Luwin answered, "In my study."

"And where is your study?"

"In my tower."

"And where is your tower?"

"Closed behind a lock of my own personal make." the Maester explained, "They may be books of superstitious nonsense but they are still prized possessions."

"...And?"

"...So far nothing." Luwin replied glum, "There is no denying some manner of great creature rides with Lord Stark but every treatise I have read tells nothing of giant shapeshifters of fire and steel."

"Then I shall write one!" Tyrion exclaimed, "The Steel-Fire Wolf by Tyrion Lannister, Dwarf-Lord of Casterly Rock. Just one of many lasting memories I shall leave Westeros … besides the number of women I fucked."

The Maester coughed, "Must you?"

"Every Lord must have a legacy." the Lannister shrugged.

His sister was the Queen who would help found a new dynasty while his brother was one of the Kingsguard, the highest station any Knight could aspire to be. He would have the ancestral home but that wasn't enough. Never enough.

"Once my father passes I will be lord of Casterly Rock and Lord-Paramount of the Westerlands. I think besides putting some work done on my future holdings I would have something else added to my name."

"Being a good lord is good enough."

"It worked well with Lord Stark, yes." Lannister admitted, "But when you are shorter than most men you need to aim higher."

Suddenly a horn bellowed and was followed by shouting. Relayed from post to post the guards shouted out that Lord Stark and the party had finally arrived.

"Speaking of aim, it seems my calculations were correct." Luwin concluded, "He HAS arrived today as I expected."

Together they trundled down the stairs and where outside they could see people of all stripes move toward Lord Stark's general direction of arrival. Reaching the door they by chance ran into King Robert, somewhat disheveled and smelling of … exertions. Besides the King, Jaime and the other Kingsguard tried to hide their scrunched noses

"'Bout fucking time," Robert grumbled.

"Wasn't that what you were already doing your grace?"

"Bah!" Robert scoffed, "Always trying to show off your wit Imp."

"It is what I am known for." Lannister shrugged.

"Your grace" Luwin spoke up, "Lord Stark will likely want to speak with you quick-"

"Aye, Maester" The king waved off, "Go tell the other lords to gather in the hall. Tell them I said so. I'll fetch Ned myself."

"It seems that he is coming to us instead. But I will have Winterfells' staff to inform the lords."

Luwin was not an errand boy but as the king says, the king's subjects do.

"Now it's time Ned explains all this I hear about snarks and grumpkins..." Robert mulled.

With that said they moved further into the courtyard and for a man of his age and weight, Robert was quick to reach his old friend and the future Lord of Casterly Rock for once struggled to keep pace with his short legs.

They stopped in front of the gate to see the Queen there aloof but present, along aside the Stark family, and many other assembled servants and highborn. Out from the gate and on a horse were a tall, stone-faced man in grey and grim furs. He was stark in both House and in presence. Still, Lord Stark gave an air of relief at finally being home and had a thin smile looking at his gathered family.

On seeing the King, Eddard and company moved to fall to his knee and only stopped by Robert holding his hand out for them to stop.

"Gods you got old Ned," Robert observed.

"And you've gotten fat," Eddard replied.

Insulting most kings was one of the easiest forms of suicide. Fortunately, Robert wasn't like most kings. His response was to grin and laugh.

"Ned!" His voice boomed, suddenly grasping his friend in a bear hug, " It has been too long!"

"It has been some seasons, your grace."

"Bah! Call me Robert." he exclaimed with one arm over Ned's shoulder, "For once I'd like someone to not say that I'm not king."

"You are King … my king."

Robert groaned, "And they say you are as humorless as my brother Stannis."

"I've learned many things when we were fostered with Lord Arryn. You as well."

"Aye." the king looked wistful, "A good man and a good father..."

"..."

"Well! Now with that done, we should be having a drink! Lumpy!" he shouted to his squire, "LUMPY! Where are you!?"

"My cousin Lancel is sick, your grace." Tyrion pointed out, "You had him be your food taster for the Riverland Eel Pie."

"It's just the shits."

"To put it lightly." he winced, "And there is also the matter of the 'rumors'."

"The rumors." The King mulled, "Right. Ned, Benjen, and …" Robert glanced between Lords Karstark, Bolton, and Umber, "...Lords. We need to talk."

"Aye, we do your grace." Umber nodded, joined by the other two.

With all of them in agreement the gathered Lords shuffled toward the inner keep and all this time the King spoke animatedly with Eddard, talking about memories made in their time with Lord Arryn and the two wars that they fought together.

"I am surprised that you have arrived so early. Even if the Kingsroad is better paved I thought it would be another week before your arrival."

"I took a boat." Robert brushed off, "If Old Jon was still here he would be in my ear shouting why in the world would I pay for a small fleet's worth of cogs and carracks to bring us here."

"He would. All coin must come from somewhere."

"I am King." Robert boasted, "And coin comes to me. We were lucky as well. The winds were strong from south to north. It was as if the very gods themselves wanted me in Winterfell as soon as possible!"

"Perhaps." Stark answered at the steps of The Great Hall, "Winter is coming."

"We'll see Ned. We'll see. Now, where is that magic wolf the smallfolk have been blabbering about!?"

Eddard grimly nodded, "Ser Scorch."

When the King asked for evidence they expected something; just not what Eddard specifically claimed. Eddard's retinue parted in two and from the darkness of the gate the court of King Robert saw four glowing red eyes and a massive thing emerging into the light.

"By the seven!"
"Seven hells...."
"Gods be good."

Fuck he was big. Tyrion realized. Bigger than the giant Gregor Clegane and even actual giants. As Eddard claimed, Ser Scorch was a great wolf made of fire and steel, larger than any Dire Wolf. Cersei was to the side and this time she did not get over her shock. Her eyes were wide and fearful as much as anyone else's. The Queen could not mask it and clutched their brother's arm for security.

"Your Highness." It muttered, the words causing many in the crowd to flinch.

"By the gods, you talk also!" Robert exclaimed.

"I can. I am Scorch and The Gods told me to warn you of The Others."

"Fuck that," the king huffed, "Your convincing already. We have more important business."

"What else?"

"Drink." Robert grinned, "It's about damn time we get a fucking drink with today."

His response was a mess of nods and grumbles of agreement from the various lords. Eddard shook his head and whispered to the nearest servant; likely to get Northern mead from the cellars. The King was going to drink Winterfell dry sooner rather than later.

The Great Hall of Winterfell accommodated Scorch, if barely. Seeing the creature Tyrion could see why it was theorized that Giants had helped construct Winterfell. The doors as tall as some walls made sense as did the floor made of large carved stone slabs that could accommodate the weight.

Even so, the 'Transformer' was stuck wedged between the tables, servants, and the odd pillar.

At the head of the table was Robert, to the left was Lord Eddard and the First Ranger, to the right sitting there for the sake of being there was Cersei who looked ready to fill their ears with noise.

The rest of the gathered members were lords sitting at tables and various guards and servants standing on the wings; among them Tyrion, Luwin, and the lady Val, Scorch's Lady-Wife. The exact details of their marriage were only alluded to. At least the Shapeshifter had good taste. More than one man, he and the king included were imagining what she looked like without her furs.

The story was strange enough without it coming from the mouth of a giant, fire-breathing shapeshifter and also a man known by many as Honorable or Honest Ned.

The Long Night returning? Across the Great Hall, the Lords of the North and those who had followed Robert from the south were skeptical. That wasn't even mentioning the looks of the Maester and the dozens of different guards among their charges. Tyrion only glanced at his brother and the other two Kingsguards to tell they were fine with just standing there and looking knightly.

The first to say something was Lord Wyman Manderly. The old, portly man ruled the North's port city of White Harbor and the money and influence to throw around.

"It is hard to believe." said Lord Manderly, "And I speak for many Lord Stark. That if not for your Brother and Ser Scorch testifying I would think this is a delusion."

"I have fought them." replied Benjen, "I have nearly died had it not been for Ser Scorch and his spells."

"House Manderly has always been loyal to House Stark since they accepted my forefathers years ago. You will always have my support but the men who swear an oath to me will need to be convinced as well. No offense Scorch." he pointedly looked to the giant metal wolf.

"None taken Lord Manderly." the creature replied.

Lord Stark gestured to his servants and they opened the door for a mixed guard of Stark men alongside men from the other three houses that came with Eddard. With them were two boxes gently placed in the middle of the room.

"More proof Lord Manderly." Eddard explained, "I wished we did not need to bring it out but you are correct more proof is better than less."

Suddenly one began to violently shake while the other, seemingly in response, began to seethe an eerie purple light from the cracks.

"Gods be good." Luwin gasped.

"Some sort of trick," whispered Lord Manderly.

"If anything a magic trick." Greatjon grumbled, "Your Grace, Lords, Lord Stark and the Night's Watch speaks the truth. THAT is a Wight and right next to it is a weapon of the White Walkers."

Robert's brows furrowed and against the pleas of his guards, stood up and walked over to the boxes. He stared at the Wights's container for a time and then finally spoke.

"...open it."

Tyrion's brother was the first to speak out, "Your grace-"

"Open. It. Your King commands it."

The guards looked to Stark and Stark looked back. After a moment's pause, he closed his eyes, "Open it."

"...yes…lord." the lead guard said hesitantly.

One by one the ropes and chains were removed from the box until finally, IT burst free. It was a corpse of a long-dead, long rotted man; and it was moving. The snarling abomination thrashed in its restraints. Even if parts of its body were burnt, mauled, and for two limbs reduced to stumps it continued to screech and try all in its power to grasp at a new victim. Only the last few chains held it back from murdering Robert but Robert still remained unfazed.

No one else reacted that well. The Wight's minders already had their weapons pointed at the Wight and the various lords and knights had stumbled and shouted back in shock, some not even thinking about grabbing their swords and too stuck gawking at it.

"Y-Your Grace-" Tyrion's brother interjected again.

Robert held his hand out and approached the Wight unafraid of the horror. He stood no more than five steps away and looked as it turned its inhuman gaze on the king.

"So this is a creature from legend." He grunted, "hmph."

"Your Grace." Eddard warned, " I do not think it is safe to-"

"Not now Ned." He waved him off, "I've seen death in the eye more than once and one rotten cunt trying to rip me limb from limb is the same as any living cunt."

Suddenly they heard a snapping and cracking noise and the entire room saw the corpse break its bones …. and slip out its restraints. The Wight had broken free. As a creature possessed it rushed toward the closest object with claws and teeth ready to rip out a man's throat. Robert's throat to be specific.

"KING ROBERT-"

Time stilled as lords and guards lunged forward in vain hopes of stopping a kingslaying.

But of all the things Tyrion expected, he didn't expect Robert to headbutt the Wight. With a loud crack, the animated corpse crashed into the earth now sporting a partially shattered skull. Robert was not worse for wear; except his crown was dented in a way that would make jewelers and smiths wince.

"Seven hells he's an ugly fucker." Robert spat on the corpse, "Probably was when he was still living. I trust you Ned and this rotting bastard is proof why I do."

The Wight continued to impotently twitch on the floor as the various lords crowded around it. Tyrion included. There was no denying that this was a corpse raised from its rest.

"A second Long Night."
"Impossible."
"We must pray to the Seven."
"Pray? I will be busy getting my daughters across the Narrow Sea."
"Piss on that! we fight them just like the Wildlings!"

The assembled lords argued amongst themselves. Some in denial, some ready to run, some prepared to fight. His brother was the uncertain fourth group.

The Kingsguard turned to Tyrion, "What do you think?"

Cersei had jumped in fright just like the test of them. But while the gathered Lords were crowded around the Wight the Queen remained at her seat, quietly conversing with the other two Kingsguard.

"Ser Trant and Ser Blount are more Cersei's creatures than Lannister's."

"Our dear sister cannot be that blind to this."

"Not blind Jaime. Only directed toward her own purposes. Keep her focused."

"And towards what?"

"That whatever she does, doesn't get us all killed. Or worse."

"Someone get me a map! Robert finally barked, "and someone move that damn corpse somewhere it doesn't stink!"

The basics of basic plans were made. Men to be levied or at least made 'aware', routes for supplies written out, ships cataloged should there be a need to evacuate or to ferry troops and provisions. The gathered lords poured over the map with Robert's long-unused military mind showing signs it was still there.

"My Brother Stannis sits on a damn volcano. He is my Master of Ships and I can see enough Dragonglass being sent north for the Others to choke on it."

"White Harbo will always have its docks open. And your other Brother? What of Lord Renly?"

"Renly is squiring that Tyrell boy. The Reach will have the knights and grain. Kingslayer!" He shouted to Jaime, "Do you know if we have Westerland gold!?"

"He does not offer gold for nonsense-" Cersei interjected.

"-You will need to ask my father, your grace." The Kingsguard replied succinctly.

Tyrion shook his head. More than enough was borrowed by the crown. Jon Arryn would be turning in his grave … hopefully not literally. The war would be lost before it even began.

"Your map is shit."

Among the voices Lady Val raised hers.

"You insult your king!?" Ser Blount shouted in outrage.

"I'm no Kneeler." Val hissed, "I am one of the Free Folk and I know your map is shit because I live, breathe, and shit where you drew wrong."

The Kingsguard scowled, "And who are you to say it Wildling-"

Scorch finally spoke, he stared and growled at the Kingsguard and Ser Blount finally realized he had taken a step too far, "My Lady-Wife Val is the Goodsister of Mance Rayder, the King-Beyond-the-Wall. He leads them south because of The White Walkers. Either you offer refuge or we face thousands of desperate men and women and THEN the Others who may just as well raise them to fight you again."

His gaze swept back to King Robert, "Lord Stark and Lord-Commander Mormont are willing to hear them out. Will His Grace and the other lords of The North say the same?"

"They are savages, my husband." Cersei intervened, "One of them wed herself to an animal."

Val only rolled her eyes to Cersei's annoyance.

"Enough woman!" Robert snapped back, "Your prodding does not help!"

"That so-called Wildling King is no real king." She continued, "They are barbarians with no laws or lords."

"They have rules and leaders like anyone else in Westeros or Essos." Scorch cut in, "There are also the Thenns."

"We known of them but they rarely approach The Wall, unlike others." Replied Benjen, "They keep to their valley."

"They have a Magnar, their King, with Lords, and Laws." Scorch explained, "They are fierce fighters but also better organized and equipped."

"So an actual King north of the Wall? With his own Kingdom..."

"....And with a son of marrying age."

Some lords' attention perked up in interest. Some had daughters and nieces to spare Tyrion suspected and a King was still a King no matter their origins.

"They are close to Kneelers as much as Free Folk can be. Also one of the larger ones" Val admitted, "Mance has been trying to get them to his side for a long time."

"Perhaps he will." Bolton mulled, "Your Grace, Lord Stark, I am willing to accept Wild-Free Folk into my lands."

"You must be joking Lord Bolton." Umber chided.

"I am not." Bolton reaffirmed, "Like what Ser Scorch said I would rather not face so many enemies unless we need to. We are the north. We must be pragmatic unlike the flowers of the south."

Robert snorted, "As one of those flowers of the south I fucking agree."

Talks and negotiations continued until finally the gathered highborn had enough of strategizing and the whole affair was put aside for the next day. Lord Stark wanted to see his family after being cooped up in the great hall for hours, Robert was the opposite.

Cersei dragged Jaime to the side for something (or was it the other way around?) and whispered harshly…. But he could see the other two Kingsguard follow the Stark men that were carting away the boxes.

His eyes narrowed. Sometimes a man, or at least half a man, had to do things himself. Tyrion watched them step into a chamber and no one bothers looking down to see the man known as 'The Imp' was following right behind them.

That went better than expected. Except for Cersei maybe. I think she just wanted to play Miss Contrarian and tick Robbert off. Or get some political leverage (somehow). Or both.

At least the wind so far was blowing in our direction as we left the Great Hall.

Tonight was going to be a big feast with me and Stark being the guests of honor. Technically Robert was but I'd like to keep on his good side until we at least offed The Night King. For now, at least we were outside of Winterfell. Val disliked how cramped and busy the castle and Winter Town was and I agreed with her.

The both of us sat by a warm fire and next to a large pool. It wasn't on any map. It was just a deep enough ditch that water from a nameless stream fed in and out of.

"That Wight has every bone snapped in its body," Val explained. "wrapped in chains, and shoved in a pit with Stark's men watching it. And the spear also."

"I still don't think it was a good idea."

"Scorch." She rolled her eyes, "Who would be stupid enough to mess with them?"

"You are tempting fate."

"Says the shapeshifting warrior sent by the gods."

"Tempting. Fate."

Val shook her head, "I am taking a bath. I've been smelling like shit since we got past The Wall and I'm not going to let some Kneelers peek on me."

"I'm sitting right here."

"You are my husband. Now are you going to wash the shit off of you also or am I the only one going to smell like mint and pine?"

"...I should have asked for soap…"

"You mean polish?"

"That too."

Queen Cersei may have chosen them. They may be loyal Lannister men, but they still had to have something to justify their induction into the Kingsguard. Boros Blount and Meryn Trant at least had enough skill to be discreet when the queen asked for it.

They stood in one of Winterfell's old storerooms. It was out of sight and tucked into a corner but its walls were thick layers of granite brick and the door was made of equal amounts of wood and metal reinforcement. There were guards posted in the halls and rooms around the obscured room but the two knights only needed a few moments to see what really was inside the boxes.

"It's a moving corpse alright," Blount grunted, shoving the struggling cadaver back down into the box.

"And the weapon is real also." Trant raised his dagger, now missing a since-shattered blade.

"The Beast was correct."

"..."

"Trant?"

Meryn stared at the spear and did not once look away from it..

"..."

"....Trant?"

"..."

"Trant!"

"W-what?" Meryn blinked and then winced.

The Kingsguard stared at his hand and saw he had cut his finger with a drop of blood even staining the White Walker spear with a red dot.

"Idiot." Boros snarled, "You fucking cut yourself."

"It's a scratch." Meryn hissed, "Nothing else-"

"-Are you done yet?"

The Kingsguard reached for their swords, whipping behind only to see empty-air.

"Look down."

"Imp!" Blount snarled.

"Lord Tyrion." Tyrion corrected.

"How did you get past the guards!?"

"I am very short and not taken seriously." Tyrion crossed his arms, "and I wonder how and why you two good knights of the Kingsguard are where they do not belong."

"Fuck off Imp. This is Royal Business."

"My dear sister's maybe but not The Crown's. I COULD ask the King about what two of his trusted protectors are doing sneaking around Winterfell while under Guest Rights…. Or we could all just get shit-faced drunk on my coin. "

"We have proof." Trant pointed out, "That should be enough for the queen."

"Good. Then put everything away before the Starks find Lannisters where they don't belong."

"Aye Imp." Blount grumbled, "You do it Trant."

"Boros-" Meryn scowled.

"Just get it done with." Tyrion rolled his eyes, "We do not pay you for nothing"

A Kingsguard and a Lannister left the room and Ser Trant followed minutes after. He didn't notice that he didn't put the Wight back in chains or that he put the Other spear in the same box as the undead revenant. He didn't notice and didn't care as he closed the door behind him. The sound of the thrashing and screaming Wight seemed louder to Trant than he remembered but the Kingsguard shrugged. He doubted anything terrible would happen.

I woke up to the sound of horns. My head snapped up to dozens of horns of alarm and the sound of screaming in Winterfell's directions. No... By The Allspark no….

Without a word being said we rushed back to Winterfell. And just outside of Winter Town I could see people running in panic and soldiers of all the different Houses rushing into the castle.

"I have …. regrets …"

"Regret later!" Val shouted, "You have to stop it! Whatever the fuck that is!"

I looked at my grenade launcher. Too risky. My weapons were in no way subtle or discrete. Hand-to-hand it was and I chose to take a more optimal form.

Not many people knew I could transform. Most only knew I was a shapeshifter. Thankfully when I assumed robot mode they didn't panic, instead, it was a surprise, shock, maybe even a little awe.

"Get out of here!!" I shout, "GO!"

They ran except the guards stayed and stared.

"S-ser Scorch!" One of the Baratheon guards stammered, "w-what do we do!?"

Suddenly I could hear the loudest, most inhuman screech possible and something climbing over the wall. It hit the earth, covered in blood and arrows, and looked up at me with two glowing purple eyes.

"...run…"

That … was the Wight that I hauled to Winterfell. Once. Now it was something worse. Lanky, emaciated, and with long sets of claws and teeth. It was thin but now nearly as tall as me. The closest I could describe it as a Wendigo. Except this one had a lot more Dark Energon jutting out its spine. In fact, it looked like the crystal was growing and assimilating it. Then it spoke.

"SpAwN oF pRiMuS…."

"RUN!"

They couldn't stop him. Only I could. I ran at it, claws ready to tear it limb from limb. It was going to try to do the same to me.

A/N: That took longer than I'd like. With how the pace is I'm thinking maybe I should shorten the chapters to my usual 1-2k words. Would you guys prefer longer chapters or shorter ones?

P.S. Next world is long off but I would like to know: Stargate or NuBSG?

welp plan in cersei to mess things up thats was bound to happen
as for arc bsg before stargate me things

Back