Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

Yes, I'm one of those people who draws stuff. It's a hobby. I decided I should probably make an...
Yes, I'm one of those people who draws stuff. It's a hobby. I decided I should probably make an art thread and dump some of my shameful mistakes/crimes against nature artwork in here for people to look at.

To start off with:

From newest to oldest:

I really fucked up the perspective and leg lengths on this one. It's painful now that I look at it.

If I ever revisit this thing in the future, I'm going to have to fix up the proportions and this piece is really lacking in depth.

I remember did this completely on a whim, and somehow it turned better than half of my usual stuff.

This is from 2011. You may be wondering how everything is so neat and straight. The awful truth is not that I can draw straight lines particularly well (I can't), but that I cheated all the way, using a ruler for the sketch and the path tool when I decided to convert it to the digital lineart (to be fair, I didn't have a tablet back then, and trying to draw with a mouse are you fucking kidding me hahaha).

I have a lot of other stuff, but a lot of it isn't uploaded.

Last edited:
Those are pretty nice. You could use more practice at drawing humans but overall not bad.

Also art, at least the time efficient kind, is all about cheating as much as possible. Look at the creative process of professional illustrators on YouTube and you'll see what I mean.

Those are pretty nice. You could use more practice at drawing humans but overall not bad.

I've been trying to brush up on drawing poses/movement since forever and I still can't get it quite right :V

Honestly though it doesn't help that it took me years before I started picking up on some stuff that should have been basic.

The other issue is that I don't practice consistently enough; I've made some fairly good progress in technique before during periods of high activity, but then I might go for really long periods without drawing anything.

Last edited:

So, I was mostly just sketching out basic figures for practice. Then I made this, which made me think of Jojo. And then I made a stupid doodle over it.

And now back to drawing other things which aren't jokes.

Last edited:
Hello I'm not dead yet.

As far as I'm aware no one pays any attention to this thread, but have some art anyway.

It's a space marine in power armour. Looking at it the facial expression could probably use a little more work.

I wanted to draw something cute and slightly fluffy. This was the result.

I intend to have more pieces out over the next few days, assuming thst nothing drastic happens within that time frame, such as Trump starting a nuclear war.

Last edited:
I'd say faces are probably the thing you need to work on the most.

You're quite skilled with outfits and equipment, but faces are where I think you could improve on the most.

Also I hope for that space marine's sake her gun has its safeties on.

It's kind of funny you say that, because I've practiced drawing faces a lot more than outfits/equipment/etc.

I think it's just that people are very good at noticing when something is off with the face.

Still, I appreciate the feedback. What was it that made you think that my faces needed improvement?

It's kind of funny you say that, because I've practiced drawing faces a lot more than outfits/equipment/etc.

I think it's just that people are very good at noticing when something is off with the face.

Still, I appreciate the feedback. What was it that made you think that my faces needed improvement?
It looks a little odd next to the aesthetics used for the outfit. It's the eyes mostly, on the space marine they seem just a little dead and somewhat offputting.

It looks a little odd next to the aesthetics used for the outfit. It's the eyes mostly, on the space marine they seem just a little dead and somewhat offputting.

I was trying to get a sort of smug expression; I'm not really satisified with it either. I'll probably revisit it at some point.

Expressions are a pain to get right, and I really should practice them more.

Anyways, art.

A silly little concept I intend to work on further. Yes, the limbs are horrifyingly cluttered and need to be cleaned up. Also, the clothing is a placeholder until I come up with a proper outfit.

Last edited:

It's really obvious when you compare the two, but the previous pose was too stiff. Also, it's tricky to design an outfit that looks nice while also showing off the prosthetics.

And for something completely different:

Not actually a new piece. This one was from last October, for a quest I ended up abandoning. It's going to go to waste otherwise, so I might as well post it here.

Last edited:
Hello I'm not dead yet.

As far as I'm aware no one pays any attention to this thread, but have some art anyway.

It's a space marine in power armour. Looking at it the facial expression could probably use a little more work.

I wanted to draw something cute and slightly fluffy. This was the result.

I intend to have more pieces out over the next few days, assuming thst nothing drastic happens within that time frame, such as Trump starting a nuclear war.
Since someone else brought it up: I think the first face looks pretty good, but her neck looks just a touch too long, but I like the thickness of it; to me that says athleticism and as long as the rest of the body reflects that strength too it can help suggest strength when a character's body is modestly clothed and/or there's no context to imply their size. The second one would probably be okay if her mouth wasn't so close to her chin.

Literally just scribbles on a sheet of paper:

What the fuck is perspective even. Or scale, for that matter. Probably just going to leave this as it is because the amount of work it would take to clean up would be ridiculous.

(I have actually been drawing a fair bit recently, though it's all for my coursework)

Yeah I see what you mean, it looks like you started with the straightedge in the middle and then got impatient. :p I prefer gestural drawing so I totally get where you're coming from. If you want to take another pass at the more drafting side of things though I highly recommend you check out Scott Robertson. He draws vehicles and things and has a lot of insight to offer on perspective and his approach to making clean, ink drawings.

Image dump, mostly pencil and ink with some (okay, a lot) of digital retouching to make it not look like shit after being put through the scanner:

Pencil, but with a lot of cleaning up and messing around with filters because the scanner was too damn sensitive.

I still suck at using ink. But, I'm working on it, I guess.

Someone in the Number None thread suggested the idea of putting Luppi in a meido outfit, so I did a super quick sketch. Blame them, not me.

Last edited:
Followup to the above, with tabard/robe thingy to be more in line with the original description:

Also please gib feedback and criticism. And likes, if your eyes didn't melt from viewing.

Last edited:
Looks ok to me.

Though left foot seems too long (should be foreshortened), and right arm too small. Looks like you're trying for an extreme perspective thing which doesn't quite work here.

So I went a little bit crazy. *coughs*

On the one hand, this turned out pretty well from a technical perspective. On the other hand, the background annoys the hell out of me. On the third hand, I really need to experiment with different styles of shading.

Back