Aquila [Worm/Warhammer 40k]

The mechanicus speaks in twenty first century English converted to ASCII converted to two tone beeping. Withhip hop added.

"Hey homie....no inquibro evah gonna crack no mechanicode done by us homies. Cuz we gangsta, and you ain't"

"Ahem....I got all that so your shit is f@$#%# homie"

"which pig squealed?!!?""

The mechanicus speaks in twenty first century English converted to ASCII converted to two tone beeping. Withhip hop added.

"Hey homie....no inquibro evah gonna crack no mechanicode done by us homies. Cuz we gangsta, and you ain't"

"Ahem....I got all that so your shit is f@$#%# homie"

"which pig squealed?!!?""
Mechanicus hierarchy is determined by turn of the century rap battles.

Considering the Mechanicus occasionally use Lingua Technis to communicate entire data files and digital documents, its probably standard Imperial data transmission protocols via audio rather than radio. If true, Rose might have just taken a standard dataslate, swapped the antenna out for a microphone, and called it a day.

Considering the Mechanicus occasionally use Lingua Technis to communicate entire data files and digital documents, its probably standard Imperial data transmission protocols via audio rather than radio. If true, Rose might have just taken a standard dataslate, swapped the antenna out for a microphone, and called it a day.

You might be on to something there. After all, Rose is technically a pre-DAoT computer expert...

Last edited:
Technically, considering that official imperial policy is that old good, new bad.... using c might as well be drinking holy water that the emperor/omnissiah blessed while it was in the holy grail itself

None of that ever made any real sense to me. I mean, the things I like about 40k are the look, some of the lore and one particular set of characters. But I've never understood why people like novels like Fifteen Hours, or watch zombie movies where everyone dies at the end. To me, that sort of thing is only part of the story. Where the real story is about how society rebuilds and humanity adapts to the new problem.
Because people are people and people don't all like the same things other people do. Some people actually want to read grimdark, some want to read romance, some want to read happy go lucky stories. Understand now?

Technically, considering that official imperial policy is that old good, new bad.... using c might as well be drinking holy water that the emperor/omnissiah blessed while it was in the holy grail itself
Technically, this is perfectly sound policy if plot didn't prevent the Imperium from getting its hands on a full STC . A full STC would allow the Imperium to curbstomp nearly everyone.

The way they're developing the plot these days, I'd rather the curbstomp

And in a completely unrelated tangent, my autocorrect turned holy water to Holt waste in my earlier post. And autorrect right now into autopsy. I pity da phone autocorrect

Nah, the holy water would probably like straight machine code or something.
"WTF. This is written in Assembly?"

Alternatively...

https://www.dialupsound.com/

"What? Why are you all looking at me like that?"

Edit:

Oh wait.
Lingua-technis or Techna-Lingua is the official language of the Adeptus Mechanicus. It is a binary language, optimised for quick communication of technical data, which consists of a burst of static emitted through the bionic implants of members of the Mechanicum which cannot be understood by unaugmented humans.

"We are awaiting data transfer."

Last edited:
Because people are people and people don't all like the same things other people do. Some people actually want to read grimdark, some want to read romance, some want to read happy go lucky stories. Understand now?
I understand different tastes. I even can understand why people like it. I just don't, so I focus my attention in areas that I do like. Notice how you don't see me in those threads complaining about how much I don't like Worm and how I wish the site's obsession with it would end. I simply keep looking for something else to read that does interest me. Like 90% of Sorain's writing. So far, the only thing he's written that I've looked at over the span of our decade long friendship that I didn't like at all was Fury.

I just disable it entirely.
I would, but I like to see how long of a sentence I can make while still having it make sense using only autocorrect suggestions.

Last edited:
I understand different tastes. I even can understand why people like it. I just don't, so I focus my attention in areas that I do like.

No, no no! Don't you see? You cannot be allowed to like different things than I, it would tear the world apart! One of us must be wrong in this purely subjective matter, or else how can I showcase my superiority?

In all seriousness I generally like films like that for the novelty of not knowing for sure exactly what's going to happen. If I'm watching a film that's too cheery I generally know exactly what's going to happen, that good will eventually triumph against adversity and the human spirit will pull through and all the important characters will survive plus or minus a dramatic love interest or two. It's too predicable, there's less uncertainty, less surprise. When the characters rush into an impossible situation against overwhelming odds I need to know that there is an honest chance they will lose or be killed or something or else there is no real tension. Can't be on the edge of your seat over what will happen next if you know they'll all be fine.

Grimdark settings signal to me that the death of named characters is entirely possible and indeed likely, so for example in Worm when they go to fight Levi and an important character is called out dead I know that at any moment it could be one I care about and thus the tension is heightened. When the 9 arc rolls around and various people are fighting for their lives there is true uncertainty about whether a character will get away or suffer a fate worse than death, and I can worry about them all the more because the author has shown willingness to kill those with plot armour. It's one of the reasons Game of Thrones is doing so well: actual uncertainty about who will win. While reading or watching I can know that even the least played up threat can ruin my favourite character.

Eh, so far as I can tell it's just a preference shift that happened after watching a certain amount of stuff. The stable normal stories get stale from repetition so the worth of novelty starts to increase.

It's one of the reasons Game of Thrones is doing so well: actual uncertainty about who will win.

*Snerk* Given how OP the White Walkers are, and how shattered and exhausted the Seven Kingdoms are, it's fairly obvious who's going to win. Barring Deus Ex Machina, of course. Nothing any of the characters does actually matters because they're all going to wind up being eaten by an endless legion of ice zombies anyway.

Seriously, George kinda wrote himself into a corner about three books ago.

No, no no! Don't you see? You cannot be allowed to like different things than I, it would tear the world apart! One of us must be wrong in this purely subjective matter, or else how can I showcase my superiority?

In all seriousness I generally like films like that for the novelty of not knowing for sure exactly what's going to happen. If I'm watching a film that's too cheery I generally know exactly what's going to happen, that good will eventually triumph against adversity and the human spirit will pull through and all the important characters will survive plus or minus a dramatic love interest or two. It's too predicable, there's less uncertainty, less surprise. When the characters rush into an impossible situation against overwhelming odds I need to know that there is an honest chance they will lose or be killed or something or else there is no real tension. Can't be on the edge of your seat over what will happen next if you know they'll all be fine.

Grimdark settings signal to me that the death of named characters is entirely possible and indeed likely, so for example in Worm when they go to fight Levi and an important character is called out dead I know that at any moment it could be one I care about and thus the tension is heightened. When the 9 arc rolls around and various people are fighting for their lives there is true uncertainty about whether a character will get away or suffer a fate worse than death, and I can worry about them all the more because the author has shown willingness to kill those with plot armour. It's one of the reasons Game of Thrones is doing so well: actual uncertainty about who will win. While reading or watching I can know that even the least played up threat can ruin my favourite character.

Eh, so far as I can tell it's just a preference shift that happened after watching a certain amount of stuff. The stable normal stories get stale from repetition so the worth of novelty starts to increase.
Of course, that also risks the Game of Thrones problem of "Oh well. Every character I care about is dead. Time to stop reading."

The problem about new ideas is one can never be sure if chaos has a hand in the change. Memory serves at least in BFG lore that is why one of the new cruiser lines all turned to Chaos

Back