Adventures on the Frontier [OOC, Recruiting]

First up this looks really neat and I always love taking a look a new systems so I'll be tossing my hat in the ring. Here is my sheet it's not done but the mechanics should be so poke me if I got something wrong or missed something. I'll get the other stuff down in a day or two

First up this looks really neat and I always love taking a look a new systems so I'll be tossing my hat in the ring. Here is my sheet it's not done but the mechanics should be so poke me if I got something wrong or missed something. I'll get the other stuff down in a day or two

Glad to have you! Your talents are approved and I don't see any errors in your sheet (aside from a small misspelling in Forever Learning). The world needs more wizards. Also, I would suggest turning on comments in the future so I can post my fixes there.

On that note, I've added everyone's sheets to the second post. One or two more players and we can start!

My interest is piqued, but my creativity is shriveled like a raisin. So I'm gonna just figure out how to run an old character I have into the mix.

Unsure about talents, so might need a bit of help on that front for the sheet.
tldr; is he is my hittiest and runniest of characters.
In heist terms, he's the guy who once the way is cleared, runs in, grabs the target, and makes the break for it. Currently having difficulties with figuring out +2d6 scenarios, and have a question about talents that mess with Travel mechanics. (Either literally move faster overland, or something along those lines)

The latter question also has the caveat of wondering if the game is gonna be like, one big party or just separate adventurers going about individual exploration journeys since moving faster kind of makes traveling as one squad difficult.

My interest is piqued, but my creativity is shriveled like a raisin. So I'm gonna just figure out how to run an old character I have into the mix.

Unsure about talents, so might need a bit of help on that front for the sheet.
tldr; is he is my hittiest and runniest of characters.
In heist terms, he's the guy who once the way is cleared, runs in, grabs the target, and makes the break for it. Currently having difficulties with figuring out +2d6 scenarios, and have a question about talents that mess with Travel mechanics. (Either literally move faster overland, or something along those lines)

The latter question also has the caveat of wondering if the game is gonna be like, one big party or just separate adventurers going about individual exploration journeys since moving faster kind of makes traveling as one squad difficult.

Happy to see you again, Noob. Movement is mostly abstracted in this since there isn't a dedicated grid-based combat system to work around. As for overland exploration, it is indeed just going to be one big party (or two if there are enough player's interested). Your Talents could be dedicated to speeding that up, though. I could certainly see a simple talent increasing the party's movement by 1. Additionally, a Specialization or multiple Talents could be to find/create a mount or spell or wagon that acts as a vehicle for the party.

Another possible talent is converting your Loco Pool to be used in combat, as one of the examples I posted earlier does exactly that. You could also make Talents that apply against an enemy's Loco Defense to knock them prone, steal their weapons, or otherwise give disadvantages. Creativity is key.

Since we have enough characters to consider starting, @Noob5674 , @Ryumancer , @Birthday , @Witherbrine26 what are your thoughts on creating a Discord server for this? Would you all prefer to keep it forum-only or have a dedicated place for chatting, discussion, and paralogues? If you all prefer we can keep things basic.

Since we have enough characters to consider starting, @Noob5674 , @Ryumancer , @Birthday , @Witherbrine26 what are your thoughts on creating a Discord server for this? Would you all prefer to keep it forum-only or have a dedicated place for chatting, discussion, and paralogues? If you all prefer we can keep things basic.
I think making a Discord server would be good but that's just my two cents

Reminder to those still interested, there's 1 slot left. I could also shoot for 6 total players, but 5 is my sweet spot. If so, join the Discord.

Won't be on a laptop until later today, but wanted to express interest in at least joining the discord and spectating to start off, if thats alright. Missed this thread in my alerts somehow. If that last slot is still free by the time Im more familiar with things, might try and mull some ideas over for characters.

Won't be on a laptop until later today, but wanted to express interest in at least joining the discord and spectating to start off, if thats alright. Missed this thread in my alerts somehow. If that last slot is still free by the time Im more familiar with things, might try and mull some ideas over for characters.

It is indeed still free. Once you join, we'll be at 5 players. I'm potentially up for a sixth, mind you. Otherwise you're still good.

Back