A Nation Divided, An Alternate American Civil War

You got Canada. As that was your only claim, I did not include it on the list.
Oh okay.

Prepare for Maple Syrup and Loving of your neighbors.

BTW Anti-Slavery/Northern States, we were using blacks as soldiers before you. War of 1812.

First guys to get rid of slavery in the empire. The again didn't really have any but still. It's one of the few things Canada can claim as Canada.

Player list.

North

Army of the Potomac
-
Army of the West - Bevillia
Kansas-Nebraska - Dovahsith

South

Army of Virginia
- bigseb31213
Army of the South -
Army of Tennessee -

Others

Texas
- Azecreth
California - kizil sultan
U.S. Navy - FPSlover
Utah Territory - Sithlent
Civilized Tribes
Comanches
- CommanderBlade
Apaches

Mexico
- Kurtov
Canada - Deathwing

Last edited:
Player list.

North

Army of the Potomac
- Prevalent117
Army of the West - Bevillia
Kansas-Nebraska - Dovahsith

South

Army of Virginia
- bigseb31213
Army of the South -
Army of Tennessee -

Others

Texas
- Azecreth
California - kizil sultan
U.S. Navy - FPSlover
Utah Territory - Sithlent
Civilized Tribes
Comanches
- CommanderBlade
Apaches

Mexico
- Kurtov
Canada - Deathwing
Well the South's screwed. I mean only one of their armies is even been commanded right now.

So ... Who from the North wants Canadian (British) guns?

They could get allies, and the other southern armies would still offer a challenge.

By the way, do you know the troops Canada had in this era, or do you need some assistance with that?
I will need assistance with that, and how is currently leading Canada.

Especially because I got big plans, BIG plans.

Mainly involving making sure Canada doesn't do the bad stuff we do in OTL.

For those playing as Canada, Mexico and as Native American tribes, the regular nation turn sheet is good enough. Everyone is also encouraged to make flavor posts.

Here is the turn sheet for those commanding militaries.

Army Group - Year
Commander:
Second in Command:
Base of Operations:

Strength

Infantry:
Cavalry:
Artillery:

Navy (for those of you who have ships)

Events

List recruitment efforts, changes in command, and other things related to your military force or territory.

@Deathwing

I think all of Canada's military at this point were militia with many of the officers being British. I'm not sure if there are any British troops stationed in Canada but it should take a month or fewer for troopships to reach Canada from Britain.

Sending British troops to Canada does mean that British seem themselves as being threatened with war with any of the factions (like OTL Trent Affair) or are serious about intervening in the war. I think Britain instead of Canada would be more appropriate for the player since Canada is not an independent country yet. This could also expand the war to the Caribbean as Britain also has bases there. I'm not sure if the British would intervene though, since the Crimean War is about to end if it hasn't already and the Indian Mutiny occurs next year.

@Texan

I'm considering joining but since it would be my first time playing a role-playing game I'm not sure how to proceed.

On another note, will France and possibly Spain and Russia be involved to a limited degree?

I'm considering joining but since it would be my first time playing a role-playing game I'm not sure how to proceed.

On another note, will France and possibly Spain and Russia be involved to a limited degree?
I suggest taking the army of the south, or a Native American tribe. If you are interested in Canada, you can take Newfoundland, which is a separate colony.

I will provide you with the information you need to fill your turn sheet. The rest is just your own events that go along with the events of the game.

All of those countries will have some involvement in the war.

Last edited:
We have enough players. If anyone else wants to join, they can still do so.

The thread will be posted later today.

By the way, another thing to know. War plans can be submitted in the following format by pm. Those of you on the same side can submit one joint plan.

Forces
(How many men are you using, and who is leading them.)

Target
(who are you attacking)

Plan
(Where you say how you plan to accomplish your goals, how your troops are deployed, and what tactics you are using.)

I know that.
But, well, I prefer to be on side i can more or less root for...
You can take the Seminoles then. With the military distracted, the Third Seminole War has not begun.

You do have enough experience to take the Army of the Potomac. The north views the Speaker of the House as acting President, but the head political, and possibly military, leader is John Fremont. General Winfield Scott is commander of the army.

You can take the Seminoles then. With the military distracted, the Third Seminole War has not begun.

You do have enough experience to take the Army of the Potomac. The north views the Speaker of the House as acting President, but the head political, and possibly military, leader is John Fremont. General Winfield Scott is commander of the army.
As you wish.
I am happy with being a guerillia leader in Florida....
Or Fremonts and Scotts North.

ACTING PRESIDENT : Lynn B from Kentucky, Democratic party.
Can we assume Fremont is his Vp.

@Deathwing

I think all of Canada's military at this point were militia with many of the officers being British. I'm not sure if there are any British troops stationed in Canada but it should take a month or fewer for troopships to reach Canada from Britain.

Sending British troops to Canada does mean that British seem themselves as being threatened with war with any of the factions (like OTL Trent Affair) or are serious about intervening in the war. I think Britain instead of Canada would be more appropriate for the player since Canada is not an independent country yet. This could also expand the war to the Caribbean as Britain also has bases there. I'm not sure if the British would intervene though, since the Crimean War is about to end if it hasn't already and the Indian Mutiny occurs next year.

@Texan

Nah i'm good being Canada. Not independent but basically am running the colony for the queen. Its not like I would actually do anything. Just want to be Canada really. Anything I do must be done with strategic carefullness and not getting stabbed by angry Americans.

Unless America wants a repeat of 1812 that is. That's too both sides. We set fire to a capital once, well do it again!

Back