A lord in the Bay (Worm/WH40K)

Tattletale looks at Necron.

Shard: It has no soul!
Tattletale: What?
Shard: IT HAS NO SOUL! THE STAR GODS DRANK IT'S SOUL WHEN LIFE ONLY SWAM IN EARTH'S OCEANS! THE METAL LIVES!
Tattletale: *Collapses to the ground foaming in terror and revelation*

While funny, I was referring to a quote from a Mechanicus Magi who screams 'THE METAL LIVES!', he was researched Necron Necrodermis, the implication being that Armsmaster and Dragon would drive themselves insane before they unravel the secrets behind the Necrodermis which for all intents and purposes is living, regenerative metal.
So 'Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Necron R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn'?

"One. Moment."

"Guys, we really shouldn't stay here. There's an angry- very angry- what the hell?"

"I'm sure. I have. Something. Non-lethal. In here. Somewhere."

"Fuck! Book it! Fantasy death-metal and dragons together are bad!"

"Don't run. I teleport."

"Can't talk, running!"

"Somewhere. I've got. Non-lethal. Weapons. But for now. If you insist. I have a gauss flayer."

"We surrender?"

edit to add!

Alternately:

Regent took one look at the scene on the roof. Billowing cape, check. Ominous staff, wreathed in eldritch energies, certainly. Fire rising in the background, check. In a heartbeat, he knew what he must do. Before Tattletale could do more than begin to voice a protest, he had her in his power, and together, they swooned in perfect 80's-cover duality against the thighs of the be-pauldroned hero.

Bare moments later, explosions heralded the arrival of Lung, now in full dragon form, completing their fantasy tableau. He stopped atop the roof, staring.

Finally, he simply turned. "FHUUKK 'ISSS. 'UST 'OPPPE. 'OT GO'A 'E 'ART OF W'A'ER 'ISS IS."

A second later, the dragon-man had noped clear off the roof, leaving the befuddled teens behind.

"Next time one of us needs an electric guitar," Regent confided, as he released Lisa from his hold. Sure, he'd pay for it later, but it wasn't often he got to out-smug the Smug Queen.

Last edited:
Necrodermis: But Colin, if you replaced your WE AK FLESH with me, you could be SO MUCH MORE EFFICIENT. Think of all the HERO ING you could do if you didn't need to sleep and couldn't be injured for long!
Shard: *screams internally*
Common Sense: *screams internally*
Necrodermis: *holds down 'mute' button*
Colin: ...well, it's not like I really NEED my current skeleton if it us all bio metal...and it would help keep me from bothering Panacea as much...and I am pretty sure I could modify it to hold extra gear with work...maybe even be End bringer Proof...hmmmm...
Necrodermis: :D

Anyhoo, I am amused by this story. Something about helpful Necron Lords just amuses me. Probably the juxtaposition of 'awkwardly helpful' and 'genocidal murder robot boss'.

I'm more worried about Armsmaster with Necrodermis. Because if he has it, that means Dragon has access to it.

And she can replicate Tinker tech. If she breaks the code...
She doesn't have access to Necron fabricators nor the ability to control Necron picobot materials. Dragon is more likely to unleash grey goo than reproducing Necron technology without help from a Necron.

Awakening 1.5
Awakening 1.5

Brockton Bay Dockside, April 11, 2011. 00:11 AM.

The silence stretched for a moment until both of them started talking at the same time.

"Who the fuck are you?" Hellhound snarled, leaning forwards atop her mount aggressively.
"You're not with the ABB." Tattletale sounded much calmer than her counterpart, and if anything she looked curious, the way she was leaning to the side to look around Hellhound. Shame that the PRT archives didn't have any details on her powers, I'd have to be cautious about her.

"In chronological order," I started while initializing a scan for other life signs in the area. "Necron, and no."

I left it at that while the scan ran it's course, which is to say roughly twelve hundred miliseconds. Two civilians, with cameras of course. Going to have to play this out well or I'll have PR riding my ass more than ever. Asides from them, there's four more signatures in the immediate area in groups of two, heading straight for the current location.

Straightening up as much as my hunchback and massive pauldrons permitted I planted my staff firmly into the rooftop next to me and pointed at them with my free hand, making sure to angle my torso slightly so the wind caught my cape dramatically before issuing my declaration.

"Under the authority of the Protectorate I am placing the two of you under arrest with several outstanding warrants on each of you." There, suitably heroic. No way anyone could mistake me for a villain now.

Silence reigned on the rooftop for a couple of moments before another pair of the massive monsters landed next to the first, each with a rider of their own. One clad in some sort of renaissance-esque outfit and the other in heavy bike leathers complemented by darkness billowing around him. Regent and grue then, excellent. I wouldn't have to go hunting for them afterwards.

"Lee booked it" Grue started, then stopped as he caught sight of me. Hadn't he heard my declaration? Irritating.

"What-" He barely had time to say the word before tattletale interrupted with a shouted "It's a hero!"

This wasn't exactly as planned, but it'd do. I took a step forwards and then I was abruptly covered in darkness that was really throwing some weird readings at my sensors. No visual, auditory, radiation or even exotic particles were registering for me. Or at least, the readings were so jumbled up that they didn't make any sense.

I didn't really want to try teleporting out of the darkness when my readings were so messed up, I wasn't entirely sure what would happen if I attempted to teleport to a location someone else was occupying. Instead, I opted to start scanning for more esoteric things, psychic presences or absences thereof, warp signatures (whatever that is), C'tan shards and other equally bizarre things I could look for if I wanted.

Sadly, my scans were not allowed to finish before something very large and very heavy slammed into me, knocking me backwards and sending me sliding along the concrete rooftop within the darkness. I braced my legs to push back and swung my free arm in a backhanded blow as hard as I could against my unseen opponent. I registered an impact and a rush of air before my world was once again left still and silent in the darkness. These advanced scans were really taking too long to complete. Actually, make a note to update the records on Grue's darkness in the archives later, this kind of misinformation is just plain dangerous.

Update scheduled for 04:00 local time

With no other options left to me, I was left waiting in the darkness to see if anything happened while the scans were running. It was somewhat disconcerting to be locked away from the variety of environmental information I usually had access to.

Abruptly, just as quickly as it appeared the darkness vanished, leaving me standing on an empty rooftop all by my self. The building to my left had sustained some serious structural damage, as if something really heavy had slammed into it really fast, but of the Undersiders there were no signs. With an unnecessary sigh I slumped my shoulders and opened communications with Armsmaster, this really did not go as planned.

"Undersiders were at the scene battling oni-lee. Lee withdrew as I teleported in and the Undersiders used Grue's darkness on me to escape."

"Understood. Report back to console, debrief when I return." Came the clipped reply as always before he disconnected the link. I think I heard the sound of his souped up bike faintly in the background.

Well, nothing for it. My first time out hadn't resulted in the capture of any villains, but at least I hadn't been embarrassingly defeated on camera. Resigning myself to a meeting with the director, PR and Armsmaster I tapped my staff on the ground to teleport back to the console station.

Hn. So no one got anything. Lung is still out there with Oni Lee and bakuda....

They did get readings on the darkness that Armsmaster and Necron and turn into bullshit.

Awakening 1.5

Brockton Bay Dockside, April 11, 2011. 00:11 AM.

The silence stretched for a moment until both of them started talking at the same time.

"Who the fuck are you?" Hellhound snarled, leaning forwards atop her mount aggressively.
"You're not with the ABB." Tattletale sounded much calmer than her counterpart, and if anything she looked curious, the way she was leaning to the side to look around Hellhound. Shame that the PRT archives didn't have any details on her powers, I'd have to be cautious about her.

"In chronological order," I started while initializing a scan for other life signs in the area. "Necron, and no."

I left it at that while the scan ran it's course, which is to say roughly twelve hundred miliseconds. Two civilians, with cameras of course. Going to have to play this out well or I'll have PR riding my ass more than ever. Asides from them, there's four more signatures in the immediate area in groups of two, heading straight for the current location.

Straightening up as much as my hunchback and massive pauldrons permitted I planted my staff firmly into the rooftop next to me and pointed at them with my free hand, making sure to angle my torso slightly so the wind caught my cape dramatically before issuing my declaration.

"Under the authority of the Protectorate I am placing the two of you under arrest with several outstanding warrants on each of you." There, suitably heroic. No way anyone could mistake me for a villain now.

Silence reigned on the rooftop for a couple of moments before another pair of the massive monsters landed next to the first, each with a rider of their own. One clad in some sort of renaissance-esque outfit and the other in heavy bike leathers complemented by darkness billowing around him. Regent and grue then, excellent. I wouldn't have to go hunting for them afterwards.

"Lee booked it" Grue started, then stopped as he caught sight of me. Hadn't he heard my declaration? Irritating.

"What-" He barely had time to say the word before tattletale interrupted with a shouted "It's a hero!"

This wasn't exactly as planned, but it'd do. I took a step forwards and then I was abruptly covered in darkness that was really throwing some weird readings at my sensors. No visual, auditory, radiation or even exotic particles were registering for me. Or at least, the readings were so jumbled up that they didn't make any sense.

I didn't really want to try teleporting out of the darkness when my readings were so messed up, I wasn't entirely sure what would happen if I attempted to teleport to a location someone else was occupying. Instead, I opted to start scanning for more esoteric things, psychic presences or absences thereof, warp signatures (whatever that is), C'tan shards and other equally bizarre things I could look for if I wanted.

Sadly, my scans were not allowed to finish before something very large and very heavy slammed into me, knocking me backwards and sending me sliding along the concrete rooftop within the darkness. I braced my legs to push back and swung my free arm in a backhanded blow as hard as I could against my unseen opponent. I registered an impact and a rush of air before my world was once again left still and silent in the darkness. These advanced scans were really taking too long to complete. Actually, make a note to update the records on Grue's darkness in the archives later, this kind of misinformation is just plain dangerous.

Update scheduled for 04:00 local time

With no other options left to me, I was left waiting in the darkness to see if anything happened while the scans were running. It was somewhat disconcerting to be locked away from the variety of environmental information I usually had access to.

Abruptly, just as quickly as it appeared the darkness vanished, leaving me standing on an empty rooftop all by my self. The building to my left had sustained some serious structural damage, as if something really heavy had slammed into it really fast, but of the Undersiders there were no signs. With an unnecessary sigh I slumped my shoulders and opened communications with Armsmaster, this really did not go as planned.

"Undersiders were at the scene battling oni-lee. Lee withdrew as I teleported in and the Undersiders used Grue's darkness on me to escape."

"Understood. Report back to console, debrief when I return." Came the clipped reply as always before he disconnected the link. I think I heard the sound of his souped up bike faintly in the background.

Well, nothing for it. My first time out hadn't resulted in the capture of any villains, but at least I hadn't been embarrassingly defeated on camera. Resigning myself to a meeting with the director, PR and Armsmaster I tapped my staff on the ground to teleport back to the console station.
I don't like this and I'll tell you why - our protagonist is an amnesiac Case 53 that has a Necron body and yet? Bemoaning PR riding his ass? This entire attitude for heroics, how the Protagonist has fit within the Protectorate structure? It feels, not forced, no, far from it! It feels seamless, as if that is how the character was this entire time and that's because you write the character like that.

I'm not asking for miracles here but a little bit of self-reflection and inner monologue about the nature of the characters existence would have been a nice set up to reveal the Protagonists motivations and goals.

Here it's like, to borrow it from Yathzee - sign on the dotted line, plop and away we go!

I don't want to read about this character, this character does not interest me, this character doesn't have much character to begin with, Rei Ayanami, who is the near-mute doll stereotype had more character due to her unique personality than the Lord of the Bay.

Right.

I hope this helps in any way.

PHO Interlude
Welcome to the Parahumans Online Message Boards
You are currently logged in, Director_Piggot (PRT Official) (Director)
You are viewing:
• Threads you have replied to
• AND Threads that have new replies
• OR private message conversations with new replies
• Thread OP is displayed
• Twenty posts per page
• Last ten messages in private message history
• Threads and private messages are ordered by user custom preference.
You have no infractions.

■​

♦Topic: New Cape on the scene
In: Boards ► America ► Brockton Bay ► BB General

Bagrat (Original Poster) (The Guy In The Know)
Posted on April 11, 2011:

Seems like we have a new cape on the scene in the bay. I got some footage sent to me from a friend of mine living by the docks and boy is he a scary looking fellow!

Link
Link2

We've yet to get any confirmation from the PRT or Protectorate regarding the status of Necron.

EDIT: April 11. We've got some news on the affiliation just hours after the first outing. Looks like it's the protectorates newest case 53!

Link to the official statement

(Showing Page 12 of 12)

► Numen
Replied on April 11, 2011:
I'm just saying, edgier and darker heroes like Necron and Shadow Stalkers seem to be getting more and more common. What happened to capes like Legend and Hero, all bright primary colors?

► Cytokinesis (Veteran Member)
Wow, do you see how she just sent Hellhounds monster flying out of the darkness like that? Looks like we've got outselves a real powerhouse in the bay! Who cares if he looks a bit evil, it's a case 53, not like she can do anything about her looks.

► Ursine (Concerned Citizen)
It's a woman? Seriously? I couldn't tell at all from that voice or her apearance.

► thefluffyone (Cape Groupie)
@Numen Sign of the times I suppose, there's just so many villains around these days.

@Ursine Yeah, check the PRT statement, it's a woman.

I for one welcome our new robot overlord.

► Somebodynobody10
Link?

► thefluffyone (Cape Groupie)
Right here

It's also in the OP.

► cupcakeviolater
@Cyto She still let them get away though, that monster thing just shook it right off when it landed. BB could really use some hard hitter right now though.

► Glitchrrr36 (Veteran Member)
Now that's the scariest looking hero I've seen in a while. When she pointed at them and declared they were under arrest - sent shivers down my spine. Let's just hope she's got a better attitude than Shadow Stalker.

► Aizen Mercer
@L33t Dude, just knock it off. She's clearly not a terminator rip-off. Since when did the terminator have a badass cape, staff and glowed frickin green? You don't have to assume every new cape is trying to steal your thing.

► Clockblocker (Verified Cape)
All hail the new robotic overlords!

Seriously though, she's a nice person once you get to know her. Likes the classics, got a good deal of laughs from watching the terminator movies for the first time.

► BurnNote
Oh god you showed her Terminator? THIS IS HOW IT STARTS! HIDE YOUR KIDS!

► Wolfman217 (Cape Groupie) (Power Guru)
@Tinkster Pretty sure it's not some tinkertech robot. Even if we were to disregard the PRT statement of her being a case53 she just doesn't act like a programmed machine. Did you see when she teleported in at the start? What kind of robot would say that?

No, I'm hedging my bets on high level brute from how she flicked Hellhounds monster aside like that, high level mover too if she can teleport at will like she did in the start and end. Hard to say if she has a changer rating or not, but if that's how she looks all the time due to being a Case53 I'd say no.

► Puffter (Banned)
All hail the sexbot. I'd fuck her.

This user was banned for this post.

► TinMother (Moderator)
Please keep these boards clean of Cape sexualization.

► HarakoniWarhawk (Veteran Member)
Honestly I'm a little bit scared by her, looks like a villain, sounds like a villain, seems logical you know?
Director Emily piggot rubbed her temples with a disgruntled noise of general displeasure, this was not the news she'd wanted to get first thing in the morning. What Armsmaster had been thinking, giving the go-ahead for Necron to make her first appearance like that was beyond her. Now they'd have to scramble to get the press release out early before the jackals of the press caught on. Worst of all, Armsmaster had brought in Lung so she couldn't even ride his ass too hard on this one.

With a deep sigh she schooled her features into a displeased frown and hit the intercom. "Send up Armsmaster and Necron to my office."

Last edited:
There we go, interlude as promised. That's the end of chapter one. Now I'll sit down and review what I've written, criticism I've received and then continue writing after seeing if I can force something productive out of it into my brain. For my first time writing it has gone a lot smoother than I'd have expected it to.

Wow, I didn't know that Necron Lords were that strong physically... she's going to be really over-powered, isn't she? Brute, Mover, Tinker, Thinker, and probably Blaster if she has any energy or psychic attacks.

There we go, interlude as promised. That's the end of chapter one. Now I'll sit down and review what I've written, criticism I've received and then continue writing after seeing if I can force something productive out of it into my brain. For my first time writing it has gone a lot smoother than I'd have expected it to.
I liked them! Short sweet and to the point. I'd love to see more about her reaction to finding out she basically bitchslapped Bitch's beast through a wall, of course ;)

Wow, I didn't know that Necron Lords were that strong physically... she's going to be really over-powered, isn't she? Brute, Mover, Tinker, Thinker, and probably Blaster if she has any energy or psychic attacks.
Yeah, depends on the system, but the thing is, they're hero units in a game where hero units can rip holes in tanks, from one side to the other, and shrug off said tank's ridiculous overkill rounds straight to the face.
Admittedly, the superstrength is generally more implied than statted, for most of those systems. Since they have 'damage' stats but not 'physical strength' stats as far as I know. But if you can melee a mech and win, surely superstrength came in there somewhere ;)

I liked them! Short sweet and to the point. I'd love to see more about her reaction to finding out she basically bitchslapped Bitch's beast through a wall, of course ;)

Yeah, depends on the system, but the thing is, they're hero units in a game where hero units can rip holes in tanks, from one side to the other, and shrug off said tank's ridiculous overkill rounds straight to the face.
Admittedly, the superstrength is generally more implied than statted, for most of those systems. Since they have 'damage' stats but not 'physical strength' stats as far as I know. But if you can melee a mech and win, surely superstrength came in there somewhere ;)
This... is a good point. We're talking about someone who could probably take on a group of Dreadnoughts and come out of it damaged but fine.

This... is a good point. We're talking about someone who could probably take on a group of Dreadnoughts and come out of it damaged but fine.
Yup. In a world of superheros, she's still just mid tier or slightly above average. She can melee dreadnaughts... Alexandria can use one dreadnaught to beat another dreadnaught. But the thing about being a bit above average is that it means you're better than most everyone else in the whole world.

Necron Lords are S5&T5 on the tabletop. That's the equivalent of an Ogryn, who have been noted as being able to drag an immobile tank over 20 yards without trouble. That's a couple dozen tons. ESPECIALLY with 40k tanks.

Note that marines (the standard for Strength & Toughness 4) can bench press a couple tons according to the RPGs.

edit : The tank model in question apparently weighs 38 tons.

Last edited:
Back