A Hellfish flys again! ( a Simpsons X DVV CK2 Quest)

A Hellfish flys again! ( a Simpsons X DVV CK2 Quest)
Created at
Index progress
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

"A Hellfish flys again! " DVV Gridlocked
After beating Burns in a poker match and gaining control of all his assets as a result a new power leads springfield...Grampa Simpson!
Now in charge of the town as it welcomes new arrivals will Grampa Simpson be able to protect the town and it's new residents from the forces of the kings while trying to keep the madhouse that is springfield in check and figure out how to use a computer or will he flounder.
Last edited:
The beginning.
Once again, you can't help but keep looking through the window of his offi- Sorry, YOUR office (man, that still feels weird saying). No matter how many times you look, the view is still the same: a pair of barely maintained buildings and those two cooling towers with those weird atom symbols painted on them, still releasing that annoying smoke.

Honestly, you kind of get bored with this view after the first day. That asshole Burns surely felt some sort of happiness at looking at that, but you don't share his shitty tastes. Still, it's undoubtedly a better view than the rest of the city. It's been almost 3 months since the dome blew up, and things haven't quite gotten back to normal. Sure, people have managed to return to some semblance of normalcy, but the city's wreckage hasn't been cleared, and some buildings need a lot of repairs. You wonder when that lazy mayor is going to get off his money jacuzzi and begin fixing this mess. Damn, youngsters these days! Back in your youth, people were more responsible with their jobs!

Anyway, back to the power plant: the place still looks lame with its cheap-ass appearance, not worse for wear, surprisingly, even with all the chaos in the city during the quarantine. Stupid Burns must have paid some good money to keep this place working while the rest of the city had the electricity cut off. He must have kept laughing from his office while the rest of the city went through a hard time. Well, the joke's on him; it's your office now!

And once again, your thoughts go back to this. YOUR office. Your workers. Your Power Plant. You still can't come to terms with it, to tell the truth. Any moment now, you expect your former squad mate to appear from a hidden door in the office and go on a long-ass monologue about how this is a plan to humiliate you again.

But no, this time it's real; your damn gut tells you that. You really have ownership of this damn building and everything that miserly Burns owns.

You can remember it as if it happened a week ago. In fact, it DID happen a week ago!
And like all good stories, it started with poker.

—-------------------------------------------------------—-----------------------------------------------------------
The room was thick with the smell of high-class cigars and wine. It was dark, with only the ceiling light illuminating a small section of the room. Below that light, a group of the most rich and powerful men in Springfield were reunited for their monthly poker night.
There was Richard "Rich" Texan. Famous business owner of Springfield and too trigger-happy for your liking whenever he lost a round. You heard through the grapevine that with the dome accident, his business took a serious hit and was going through some hard times, so seeing him here betting absurd amounts of money was a surprise. The rumors could be false, or he was too stubborn to appear weak in front of these people. Your bet was on both.
Krusty the Clown was also here, though the star didn't have the usual smile he always wore for his shows. His clothes were a bit messy and were missing some of his iconic makeup. He seemed to have gone through some rough times these past few weeks, but eh, that's what all of us are dealing with. I'm not big on sympathy for this whippersnapper.
And then there was HIM! Your former Squad mate in the Flying Hellfish Unit, Montgomery Burns, with his bald head and impeccable green suit, had a smarmy smile on his face during the whole poker game. His assistant, Smithers was there, serving as the dealer for this occasion. The man looked like a lost puppy that was happy to follow the asshole wherever he went. Admittedly, he seemed to be the happiest of all the people in the room right now. Lucky him.
Oh, and don't forget you, the butt of the joke for that occasion.
Honestly, the only reason you were there was because of Burns. He approached you early today, asking you if you wanted to earn some money today and remember the "good times". You knew the bastard was up to one of his tricks, and accepting would make things worse for you. But there was no other choice.

You needed the money. Even after the dome broke down and things started to get fixed, not everything went back to normal. The Springfield Retirement Castle hadn't been fixed for all the damage it sustained during the crisis, and most importantly, there was no money for your medicine! You needed that stuff ASAP! So with a weary heart, you got your best suit out, gathered as much money as you had left, and got ready for what was supposed to be one of the worst nights of your life.
During the whole game, Burns and the other two players kept observing with mirth and snickering at all actions. How you were barely able to call the bets made, or your crestfallen expression whenever your hand lost to one of theirs. Burns brought you here, so he could put you down even more!
"Here! A straight, try and beat that!" You said this, showing Burns what was undoubtedly your best hand so far in the game.
"Mmm, a commendable effort, Simpson. Commendable, but useless once again." He said it with an air of arrogance, his smirk not leaving even once! "Full house, see and weep." He said this as he proceeded to take the money pot for this round.
And weep you almost did, these last rounds your luck has been down the drain along with your money, while Burns seemed to keep getting better and better. If this were to continue, you would certainly end up poor without a nickel to your name.
You watched the other 2 players' reactions, and they were as disheartening as yours. The Texan threw his hat on the ground and was seemingly unloading all the ammo he had into it, ridding it of holes. Krusty just sighed and was drowning his sorrows with the help of a bottle of wine, his expression as defeated as yours.
"Well, gentlemen, as fun as it is to keep stealing all the money you spent so much to get, especially yours, Simpson." He starts, and you almost flip him the bird but barely manage to restrain yourself. "I have other things to do, such as count how much money my wallet has gained. So I propose this: for one last round, the winner gets everything from the other losers. And trust me when I say, everything." He ends with a sly tone and reaches into his pocket, pulls out a piece of paper, and throws it into the middle of the table. Krusty, the Texan, and you get closer to take a good look, and a collective gasp follows.
Burns just put on the table the documents giving ownership to his power plant. The crazy bastard was actually serious. You cannot believe this.
And so another round began, all the money was thrown on the table, and the tension was high.
But as always, Lady Luck seemed to have forgotten about you. Your pathetic excuse of a poker hand you were given wasn't going to win you anything.
You almost fold and call it quits for tonight when something strange happens. You still can't put your finger on it, but you remember it clearly. As you opened your mouth to quit, the ticking of a clock started ringing in your ears, and your vision was suddenly blurred. You closed your eyes and rubbed them. All the while, the ticking didn't stop. You assume it was the stress getting to you.
After a bit, you opened your eyes, and the ticking seemed to finally stop. You looked at your poker hand, hoping somehow in the mere moments that passed the cards would transform into something useful, but alas, things stayed the same.
As you looked up into Burns's eyes and were ready to give up, you noticed something interesting. A small glint was coming off Burns's wrist. At first, you assumed it was a watch, but after giving it a better look, things started to make more sense.

"You cheating snake!" You hollered as your body moved faster than someone your age would expect. You grasped Burns' right arm and rolled up his sleeve. There, strapped to his wrist, was a cardholder with an Ace.

"What's that, mate?" Texan said as he leveled his revolver to Burns. "You weren't thinking of cheating, were you?" His gaze was murderous. Krusty too, seemed to pick up what was going on, and his expression looked pissed.

"Um... this you mean?" Burns said as he clutched his wrist, his gaze looking quickly into the eyes of the other 3 players, trying to come up with something. "It… my lucky holder, of course; I just use it for good fortune…" He still kept that annoying smirk, but sweat was starting to appear on his face. "It's like the lucky revolvers you like bragging about, don't you? Hehehe." He gives a weak laugh.

"Then you wouldn't mind playing another game without it, right?" You pressed on as you ripped the thing from him.

"What happens if I don't want to, eh, Simpson?" He turns his gaze to you, and you stare at nothing but hate and pettiness incarnate. And you didn't back down one bit, you couldn't give him any ground.

Luckily, the other two players were on your side this time. The Texan quickly fired a shot from his revolver, the bullet passing extremely close to Burns's head, and he, with a frightened expression, conceded almost immediately.

Except that wasn't the only thing that happened. The bullet impacted with a wall clock (you swear that wasn't there at the beginning, but you could have just forgotten, eh? It happens), and it ricochets into a glass of expensive alcohol. The glass and contents somehow landed straight into Smithers's eyes. The man dropped to the ground, squirming in pain as the alcohol burned his eyes. But no one at the table paid attention to him, all their focus was on the man who spent the whole night cheating.

"Fine, fine!" The cheater raises his hands in exasperation. "We will do it your way. I don't need some cheap tricks to be successful, Pff." He crossed his eyes and folded his arms. "Smithers, quick shouting in pain, you are making me look bad." The assistant, after a while, managed to stand up, but his eyes were inflamed and possibly more hurt. And once again, nobody cared, not even you.

And so a new game was played. The winner takes all. And this time things were looking up for you.

Smithers dealt the cards somewhat clumsily, and you had to use huge amounts of your willpower to not break into a full-on grin. Burns also kept that same smirk of his, while Krusty and the Texan each had a grimace.

A few rounds passed, and things started to reach their apex.

"Straight Flush." Burns declares as he shows his hand, confidence radiating from his slimy body. "Show what you've got, people." He says it with a little snicker.

The Texan immediately throws his poker hand on the table, nothing worth mentioning except a pair of 9. Krusty had folded the turn before and stopped paying attention to the game, instead, he spent the time drinking more from a flask he had brought.

You just stared at his hand, your face giving away nothing, while inside your heart was pounding so hard you expected to have a heart attack anytime now.

"C'mon, Simpson, stop wasting my time." He says it with a quick motion of his hand. "I need to get back home. Some people need their beauty sleep."

Without any objections, you decide to listen to him and drop your cards onto the table, so everyone can see them. Immediately, a few gasps and a shout of full horror resonated across the room.

"NOOOOOOO!!! "How can this be?" Montgomery Burns stares in abject horror at the royal flush across the table, where you sit. The 10, Jack, Queen, King, and Ace of Diamonds are standing there proudly.

"I think you were talking about MY new house, don't you?" You said this as you grabbed the whole pot. Not only money, but a few documents that indicated you were the proud owner of a new business and some other shinnies.

"You-You think I will let this happen? Give it back. GIVE!!! IT!!! BACK!!!" Burns tried to stop you, but the most he could do with his skeletal body was to be dragged down the street as he held onto your leg. After walking down a few streets, he loses the grip on his leg, and all he can do is stare impotently at your back.

"I will have my revenge, Simpson!" Burns shouted while laying on the ground, his fist raised high as he cursed to the heavens. "Do you hear me?!"

You ignored him, of course, and were more focused on figuring out where his mansion was.

And that's the story of how you became the new owner of Springfield's Nuclear Plant.

—-------------------------------------------------------—-----------------------------------------------------------
You didn't know what to do with all of Burns's riches, and you had no clue how to run the power plant. You were totally at a loss until your friend Jasper suggested it to you.

"How about you hire someone to help you do that stuff?" He said this as he rested on one of the cushy sofas in Burns' mansion. The place was elegant but had some issues. Mostly, all the pictures and statues of Burns decorated the place. The man had an EGO! "Isn't that what Burns does with that lackey of his?"

"I suppose that's as good an idea as any." You shrug, deciding you lost nothing trying. "Thanks, Jasper."

The man shrugs, deciding to keep his focus on the TV. Both of you were watching a marathon of Mattock, and it was great!

Jasper and you may not have seen eye to eye before. But now he is one of the few people you can count on. Even more than your son. As much as he says he is here only for the food and TV, you know he has your back on all of this.

And so you decided to make a post in the newspaper. The next day at the power plant, you spent all morning in your office, waiting. After a few hours, it seemed no one was going to come. But at the last moment, he appeared.

"Hi-diddly-ho!" Your son's most hated nemesis, and owner of the now-destroyed Leftorium, Ned Flanders. "You look like you could use some help."

And so, that's how Ned became your assistant. Your Smithers, but in a cool way.

Lots of people came to visit you after they learned the news: Mayor Quimby asked for a bribe, and Burn's lawyers asked if they worked for you now ("How would I know!?"), Bart and Lisa's principal who wanted money for the school, Agnes Skinner who came to pick up her son, your friend Hans (who just wanted a beer and nearly got tackled by security because he tripped an alarm while looking for the kitchen), the kid's principal's boss who came to see where his employee went off to, but the last one that got your attention the most.

He was a fellow in a black suit and sunglasses by the name of "-John Doe, and I would like a word with you about something important." Important? Wonder what that's about? It's probably best to let him keep talking. It's not like he's from the gover-"I represent some…concerned parties on behalf of the United States Government." OH SON OF A BITC-.

"OH SON OF A BI- "Cough! cough! cough!" Sorry, frog in my throat. Come on, have a seat." You damn parasite. You think darkly as the slime in human clothing takes a seat while you try to hide your disgust.

Figures: An octogenarian can't make 8 figures in this country without Uncle Sam taking a cut. Never mind that you're a veteran (not that it's stopped them before). You don't want to dodge taxes as much as Burns did, but it still hurts. The least they could do is send you a spook who can think up a good fake name. I mean, John Doe? Like the actor? These government people have no imagination. You thought of better names when you hid with Jasper to avoid recruitment! Might as well cut the bullshit. "So, what do you want with me? And what happened to that guy on the monitor? Did you guys fire him?"

The slime in human clothes just smiles and takes a seat in front of you. "I'm afraid that counts as classified information".

"I'll show you classified!". You forcibly pulled a lever under your desk, revealing a bevy of buttons and dials Burns had installed to torture anyone who even mildly displeased him.

"Once I remember which one of these does what, you'll be sorry you were ever born!" John just barely flinches when you flip a small dial, and an arm extends from the ceiling…to pour him a beer. "Heh. Well, while you're doing that, I'm going to ignore that murder attempt and get on with my spiel."

"See, we've noticed that in the 3 months since the dome-" "Which YOU put us in!". You turn a knob, lowering a wall to reveal a trophy case full of even more busts of Burn's head. Great.

"-that Springfield is still in dire straits. Broken buildings, damaged infrastructure-" "Which would've been worse if you bombed us!" Another button lowers a disco ball. The rug behind John retracts to reveal a lit dance floor as music begins to play. You like it!
"-and all the roads leading to Shelbyville, except Springfield's, looks like a bombing run, for some godforsaken reason!" Heh, that one was Springfield, actually: If they wouldn't help Springfield when it was trapped in the dome, then we'll give them the next best thing!
Finally, a trapdoor opens 5 feet to John's left! "There! Flanders, throw him in!" John grabs the bridge of his nose and sighs. "Look, the bottom line is that this isn't sustainable for you, and ignoring it isn't sustainable for us if we want to use Shelbyville as a base to start reclaiming the wasteland."
You look up from your console, utterly befuddled. Did you hear that right? "The waste…land?" What in Sam Hill is he talking about?

John stared at you with a mix of confusion and pity. "Yes?" You cleaned your ears again "...The greatest natural disaster in American history? The continental dust bowl that's swallowed almost a 4th of this country and ends a stone's throw away from Shelbyville!?!" He says this while looking at the two of you, who have no idea what's going on.

Even Flanders seemed baffled by this. Thinking about it gave you a mild headache that came as soon as it left. Ignoring you, John straightened his tie with a look of disgust that seemed split between your ignorance and his outburst. "Well, while you were living under a rock-" A pointed glare cuts off your next interjection. "We were planning on doing something about it".

John pulls out a file labeled "Springfield Reconstruction Grant" and plants it on your desk. "Signing this document will send an elite fleet of construction crews to rebuild Springfield at no charge to yourself. As a matter of fact, you'll also be given a large sum, IF you agree to never leak details about the dome or its destruction to the media."
Flanders takes over while you're still reeling from the news. "Sir, I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth, but why on earth would you ask this of us instead of the mayor?" He says this as he picks up the document and starts checking it out.
"Because as the owner of the former Burns estate, we believe Mr. Simpson holds more salient power and authority over the remnants of Springfield than that buffoon ever has. Now sign the damn papers; I don't have all day." Your eyes met Flander's for a short moment; uncertainty was also in his eyes. You weren't sure what to do.
After thinking about it for a moment, you choose:

[]: Sign the damn papers. You don't think the government could do anything to make up for those days in the dome, but sore feelings won't put a roof over people's heads. The cash is a nice bonus, though.

(Automatically completes every Springfield reconstruction action. Abe gains 10 income. Minor reclamation efforts near Shelbyville can begin now?)
[]: Don't. It doesn't matter if they pave the streets with gold, no one in Springfield will ever forgive the government for what they did! Besides, the damages aren't as bad as they look (especially without Burns monopolizing the town's resources).
(Abe gains a hefty amount of blackmail that can be used to extort the government (within limits) or deal a heavy blow to its reputation. Abe will have more freedom to explore the wasteland. If this option is picked, Springfield will attempt one reconstruction action per turn. Most of the actions involving Springfield will be locked out for Abe until the whole thing is fixed.)
After the damn spook leaves, you put your head down on the table, sighing as you pull out your pocket watch, at least it's final—it's 11.59 am! Ah, dammit!

Oh, wait! It's a minute behind, and you start to look it over with your old yellow hands the ticking sound ringing in your ears as you do so...

Tick.

Tick..

Tick...
As the old yellow man stares at the watch unmoving, I raise a single old and wrinkled finger before tapping the watch, which moves its hand a minute forward before speaking to myself with no one but me able to hear...
"You have a great power, sergeant ... and a great duty, I am afraid, and though you may not know this, I hope you are well suited for the task...for all our sakes. Though you will have those who will help you in this endeavor."

I say this before turning away from the still-frozen man and starting heading towards the door, before stopping at the doorway and staring back at Abe... and what lies beyond. "Isn't that right… questers?"

Tick...

Tick..

Tick.

As you look at the watch with your old yellow hands tapping it, you blink and see that it now reads the correct time of 12:00. "Huh, guess tapping it actually worked?" you say before raising your head and looking around at the empty office...Oh, wait, no, Ned is still here making some hot cocoa.

Last edited:
Information
What is this?

Well, this is Abequest: A Hellfish Flys Again! If the title of this thread didn't give any indications, here you will play as Abe Simpson, as he leads his new company through an America where things took quite an…interesting turn.

To be clearer, this is a fusion of "The Simpsons" being inserted into the chaotic and amazing world of DVV (Disney Villains Victorious) alongside any other surprises the Qms decide to add into the mix, all in a good old CK2 format.

To learn more about DVV I would recommend checking the docs: Disney Villains Victorious - Google Drive

It's an interesting setting, worth checking over. But… if you are a bit lazy, or don't have enough time to read it, don't worry, we will try to give the best explanation we can.

First things first:

What are The Simpsons?

Might seem unnecessary but better cover the bases. The Simpsons are what can be considered as THE Adult Cartoon, one of the longest running animated sitcoms ever created. It depicts the misadventures of the iconic Simpsons family in the fictional city of Springfield, where any day the family or any of their neighborhoods get into new interesting and sometimes ridiculous shenanigans.

Though people that know well the series can be aware that the city of Springfield can be a little hard to…pinpoint geographically, we, as the QMs, will do our best to explain all the inconsistencies that may appear as best as we can to adapt it to the lore of DVV, as well as all appropriate and necessary Simpsons Lore needed for the quest. So don't worry, for it's our job to make heads and tails of the insanity that is The Simpsons!

You are playing as Abe Simpson, patriarch of the Simpson Family, who won the Power plant company from the iconic Mr. Burns in a poker game. This is set a few weeks after the Simpsons movie. Where the town was imprisoned on a dome and then almost bombed/exploded because of a blunder of Homer. So yeah, all episodes of The Simpsons up to the movie are canon, just to make it clear.

In terms of Dvv, you can said that Abe just became a Prince-tier, and though his power base maybe small/relatively nonexistent, the good news is that at the beginning there will be no eyes set on Abe, giving you guys freedom to do as you may wish, within limits of course, right up to when you start making waves and draw the attention of some people/factions.
What is DVV?

DVV is a setting where instead of the famous stories of Disney playing straight as they should, they ended with a twist…the villains were the ones getting the victory instead of the heroes. That leads to several interesting scenarios that can be great to explore, if you have the heart to brave such stories.

In this case, we are in the Gridlocked spinoff, which means this takes place in an America, Modern United States to be exact, where the villains of several Disney series and movies ended up winning and continued their stories from there and are free to inflict their evil whims upon the land! … Or just whatever catches their fancy, it varies from king to king after all.

Most kings have created their empires as well as marking their territories, where their word is the law, not the U.S government unfortunately. It wouldn't be unfair to say this has shades of Shadowrun all over the place.

Because it's Disney, there are going to be several things that differentiate it from other settings, some of them are:

Toons:

First let's go over the Cartoons, or toons for short. These creatures of Ink are created by the passion and love that an animator gives to his craft when working. Though it isn't clear at all how these beings came into being, that doesn't stop at all the desire toons have to entertain and spread joy and laughter to the masses! Well…Most of them to be honest.

Toons have something unique called the Toonforce, which allows for a certain degree of reality warping if it fits their narrative or jokes, they do, but it allows for an insane number of jokes and acts!

Toons are well known across the world, being integrated into our society. Though before they overflowed with popularity and love, nowadays, things are looking grim for these funny beings, a series of murders as well as the destruction of the iconic Toontown have caused a huge amount of negativity to light on their spotlight, marginalizing them and making most of them suffer go through some really roughs times.

Superheroes and Supervillains:

As mentioned in the title, superheroes and supervillains are a common thing here in this reality. They are colloquially known as "supers'' or "capes". Supers usually possess some sort of extraordinary or supernatural ability or skills, either because of a freak accident, biology, luck of the draw or even with the help of technology. The power sets' capes may be diverse, starting from normal super strength to more esoteric abilities.

The Superhero Relocation Act unfortunately put an end to what was considered the Heroes Golden Age, making vigilantism illegal and causing a decline in the number of capes willing to face the evildoers. This changed when Syndrome and the Kronos Corporation, which has allowed for a resurgence of Tech-based heroes.

Anthropomorphic Animals:

Not only do we have superheroes and ink based beings going around America, but there are also talking and walking animals living here! Though they may have some extra characteristics or features than humans they are people all the same, living their lives one day at the time. There are cities in America where populations of them congregate, such as Zootopia or Cape Suzette.

Aliens:

Aliens are a thing, so there's that. Though hidden from the public thanks to the government, you can bet they are roaming around space and the like. Wonder if Abe and company will ever meet one.

The Masquerade:

The Masquerade is a term that encompasses all the secret stuff that the public really shouldn't be made aware exists. From Magic up to aliens and everything in between, there are things that we can't even just begin to imagine, and that several actors wish it would remain hidden. Most Kings are aware of several types of Masquerades, and are content with it being unbroken, the government being one of the top factions and who are ready to knock some sense to whatever fool decides to not follow the rules.

The Government:

Good Old Uncle Sam is still kicking around, though a bit weakened at the start you can be sure they will do their best to uphold justice and the American Way! They must juggle keeping the powder keg that is the Kings that influence the current U.S as well as making sure The Masquerades remain intact with any situation that may arise at any moment that threatens its stability., one way or another.

Mechanics
Mechanics Informational Post

TURNS:

Turns in AbeQuest will encompass a Period of over 2 months, for a total of 6 turns per year that passes. During these turns, Abe (And The questers) can choose a determined number of both National and Personal actions to be done, as well as for Abe and a number of Hero units to go on an Adventure.

NATIONAL ACTIONS:

This refers to actions that Abe does regarding his company, the Springfield Power Plant, where resources, income and Hero Units are assigned inorder to accomplish particular tasks to either advance towards a goal, or achieve an objective. Whatever is the task for is something only you questers will decide.

There are 6 categories of National Actions: Martial, Diplomacy, Stewardship, Intrigue, Learning and Occult. At the beginning you will only have available actions of the first 5 categories, but don't worry, there are certain steps Abe can take in order to unlock that last one, as well as ways to increase the total number of Nationals that can be done per turn on any given category.

For any National Action taken, a dice will be rolled, the result alongside other bonuses will be taken into account. Usually when rolling what is considered is:

1d100+(Abe's respective stat)+(Assigned Hero Unit's respective stat)+(Any traits or bonuses that apply)+Loyalty.

If the dice result alongside the bonuses surpasses the established DC, then the action is a Success. If the Result ends up being double the action's DC, then the result will be a Critical Success! That means the result will be the best possible outcome there could be, giving additional rewards!

On the other hand, if the result didn't meet the expected DC, it will be considered a normal failure and by one motive or other the action will not be achieved. Though don't worry, even if the action fails, the DC of that particular Action will be reduced by 10 for next turn permanently. This can only happen up to 3 times per Action. So in total if you fail the same action 3 times the total DC will be 30 less.

If the result ends up being within 10 below the expected DC, then the result will be a bare failure, reducing the action's DC by half. But if you were unlucky enough to get less than half the expected DC, then the result will be a critical failure, will not only means there's an epic fail incoming, but that there will be some debuffs or consequences coming your way regarding the task assigned.

HERO UNITS

Hero Units refers to the employees from your company. They are distinguished from the endless mobs of workers in your company b y one reason or another. These guys can be assigned to National Actions, where generally, they do their best (Usually), to accomplish whatever task you give them. Take in consideration that the hero Unit assigned will influence the results in one way or another. Each hero is different, they will take a unique approach to the problem specific to their personality and abilities, so take that into account when choosing who does what.

Right now you will start with a few Hero Units, but don't worry, there will be several ways to recruit more people to your company. It's just a matter of reaching out and getting that help needed!

Hero Units, alongside Abe, are not 1 dimensional people, they all have likes and dislikes, preferences of what they wish to do or avoid. Most importantly, all have the capacity to grow and develop in some ways,some more than others but every hero we offer has something worthwhile to offer, trust us.

OPINION

This is a measure of how well liked or how much respect does that Hero have for Abe. The more opinion a Hero Unit has, the more likely it is that they trust Abe with some particular secrets of their past, divulge some pertinent information or even reveal traits or skills that they wouldn't normally show to someone else.

Not only that, Opinion also plays a mechanical benefit. Based on how much opinion a hero unit has, they will get a certain negative or positive bonus to National Actions respectively to their particular stat used. It goes something like this:

-25% to 0% and 0 to 25%= -10% and 10% respectively from the relevant stat.

-26% to -49% and 26% to 49%= -15% and 15% respectively from the relevant stat.

-50% to -75% and 50% to 75%= -20% and 20% respectively from the relevant stat.

-76% to -100% and 76% to 100%= -25% and 25% respectively from the relevant stat.

All bonuses will be rounded down to the nearest whole.

PERSONAL ACTIONS:

This refers to things that Abe and your Hero Units do in their free time. It can be from simple things like watching TV. to embark into some secret personal project of their design. Personal action can be as diverse as the pool of Hero Units you have. All personal actions are done with a 1d100 straight. There may be bonuses or maluses that influence the roll, but that's a case by case.

Abe, as the prince of Springfield, gets 4 Personal Actions to do each turn, while all your Hero units get to do only 1 personal action. It doesn't matter if they do a National Action or go into an Adventure, all Hero Units always get one unless external factors interfere with it.

We promise you that ALL personal actions from Abe and the hero units are worth it. Each and everyone of them offer something, from either getting in contact with new people/factions, chances to recruit more hero units or even Stat gains or new items to play with!

ADVENTURES:

Adventures are events where Abe or some other Hero Units embark into a journey so to say. The journey can be anything from attending a simple social event to going to far and unknown lands to explore and find treasures!

Adventuring teams will always consist of 5 people, from which one of them will be assigned the Leader role. Whoever gets the reader roll gets to add his stats to any roll the party does alongside the second Hero with the biggest value of the corresponding stat it is being rolled.. Well, while they are present, there may be situations where the leader is unavailable and some other adventurers will have to act on their own, adding their stats to the situation as needed. So making sure your teams are well balanced is a must!

Whenever Abe is included in the adventuring party he immediately gets the Leader role assigned. There will be some adventures where Abe inclusion cannot be avoided. Aside from those instances, you guys will have freedom to pick whoever you want for the teams, as well as who gets the leader position.

Any Hero Unit that gets assigned to an Adventure won't be able to do a National Action that turn, and Vice-versa. Though on the bright side, they will still be able to do Personal Actions.

INCOME

Income is gonna be an important factor in this quest. This term is used to represent an abstract but huge representation of Money/ressources. Income is gained naturally through your company and business you have in your possession at any given Moment. Each business gives a particular amount of money.

Every 3 turns (Turn 3, turn 6, turn 9, etc), you guys will earn a total amount of income equal to how much each of your business generates. You can take actions to either obtain more business or increase the amount of income they give. Though take in consideration that some failures or situations by rival factions can cause businesses to reduce the amount of income they give, or even fail in bankruptcy and close down!

Income is vital because some actions (either National or Personal) require a certain amount of income to be able to be selected. If you can't pay the fee, then you can't even try the action, simple as that. There might be some adventures where income is needed in order to be done, as well as chances to employ said income during the adventure.

INFILTRATION

Infiltration is going to be an important factor to consider. This is Shadowrun Disney after all. Abe will have the choice to undertake actions to infiltrate the territory of fellow kings. Being successful on these ordeals will allow not only more insight on what's going on a particular King's backyard, but the option to get in contact with other parties, as well as be able to take a more…proactive approach on said territory.

Once you have infiltrated a King's territory, there will be additions available to infiltrate the very company or organization of said king, if they have one of course. In order to achieve this. Abe must succeed in an Opposed Intrigue roll with whatever hero or bonuses he has against the King's very own Intrigue, whatever traits and bonuses they may have, and possibly other Hero Units.

If you succeed on that roll, then Congratulations! You have successfully entered the seat of power of another King. That allows you to know whatever national or personal actions the King may do that are hidden from the public. As well as the chance to perform some sabotage, steal some tech or stuff, or even dig a bit deeper and find out the King's own stat sheet! Though be aware that taking any of those last actions can give the King a chance to catch on you snoopin around, if they hadn't found it already.

Take in mind these infiltration rules work the same for you and whoever tries to infiltrate Springfield and the Power Plant, so better take precautions.

COLLABORATIONS:

Collaborations are when you reach out to another king in order to negotiate a deal to do a National Action together. When this happens, Next turn the action will be tried, using one of your national actions slots. Both kings as well as their assigned hero units give their bonuses to the roll, with all other particular traits or bonuses that apply.

To organize a Collaboration you need to take a "Talk to…" Action. If it succeeds, you will enter in negotiations with the chosen King. Here we will give you a set of actions that the king may agree to do with you. To finalize the deal, you pick an action, and you have to roll a diplomacy roll, either having to beat a set DC or a contested diplo roll against the other King.

If you fail, don't worry, you will still do the chosen action if you wish., just that now the other Kings may get to add extra conditions or limitations to the action itself or the rewards respectively. Such limitations may be such as limiting what hero units you may assign to the action, increasing DC or even being forced to do another action or collaboration the turn after the collaboration is done with an action from the king's choosing. Help from the Big Shots come with a price after all!

Still, not all is bad, you can choose to back out from doing the whole thing if you consider the terms too unfair for you, but beware, because the King will remember that.

Last edited:
Welcome one and all to a hellfish flys again! Where you will be playing one mister Abe simpson also known grampa Simpson! As he trys to lead springfield in this strange, definitely odd, and very dangerous world known as DVV Gridlocked, now then shall we begin?

Voteing
Oh and voting is now open!

Edit: and incase you didn't see them, this is what you are voting on.
[]: Sign the damn papers. You don't think the government could do anything to make up for those days in the dome, but sore feelings won't put a roof over people's heads. The cash is a nice bonus, though.

(Automatically completes every Springfield reconstruction action. Abe gains 10 income. Minor reclamation efforts near Shelbyville can begin now?)
[]: Don't. It doesn't matter if they pave the streets with gold, no one in Springfield will ever forgive the government for what they did! Besides, the damages aren't as bad as they look (especially without Burns monopolizing the town's resources).
(Abe gains a hefty amount of blackmail that can be used to extort the government (within limits) or deal a heavy blow to its reputation. Abe will have more freedom to explore the wasteland. If this option is picked, Springfield will attempt one reconstruction action per turn. Most of the actions involving Springfield will be locked out for Abe until the whole thing is fixed.)

Last edited:
Hello! Co-Qm here! Glad to finally be able to get this show on the road!

If anyone Interested has any questions we will be happy to answer them!

[X]: Sign the damn papers.

Uncle Sam is still a King on the board, even if it's taken a few blows now, it could be good to stay on their good side, or at least neutral.

Plus let's be honest, is blackmail worth completely skipping over the repair process? 10 Income is nothing to scoff at as well in the early stages.

[X]: Don't. It doesn't matter if they pave the streets with gold, no one in Springfield will ever forgive the government for what they did! Besides, the damages aren't as bad as they look (especially without Burns monopolizing the town's resources).

Edit:

I'm voting for this route since I want to be more independent when making our choices. The government will restrict our explorations into the Wasteland to Shelbyville, a low-value location. The Wasteland has advanced technology that we can scavenge for our own benefit.

Last edited:
I'm voting for this route since I want to be more independent when making our choices. The government will restrict our explorations into the Wasteland to Shelbyville, a low-value location. The Wasteland has advanced technology that we can scavenge for our own benefit.
Having more access to the Wasteland is definitely a boon, reverse engineering future tech is probably faster and easier than developing it yourself, imagine if we found an old nuclear/fusion reactor in there or something to upgrade our Power Plant. Never mind it's potential use as a place we can set up secret bases in.

On the other hand, having the Government not obstructing our endeavours and in fact acting as a support could be just as much of a boon. Plus there's the short term benefit of that 10 Income and having Springfield automatically repaired means we won't have to waste time fixing it. Having a strong start is important, so spending maximum time doing instead of prepping as the starting pistol fires could be big.

Honestly both are good starting options.

Last edited:
[X]: Don't. It doesn't matter if they pave the streets with gold, no one in Springfield will ever forgive the government for what they did! Besides, the damages aren't as bad as they look (especially without Burns monopolizing the town's resources).

Changing vote, the Feds hopefully have enough on their plate to not deal with us for a long time..

Last edited:
The government will restrict our explorations into the Wasteland to Shelbyville,
3rd co-qm chiming in to say that you won't be restricted to the Shelbyville route: you'd go around it because any red blooded Springfielder would rather walk on hot coals then step one foot on an (intact) road owned by that vile place

On the other hand, having the Government not obstructing our endeavours and in fact acting as a support could be just as much of a boon.
This is also true vis a vis exploring the wasteland.

The government doesn't actually care about Springfield beyond it blocking the Shelbyville Project(name classified), but you can still benefit from their work in your exploration(just without their shinies)

Last edited:
3rd co-qm chiming in to say that you won't be restricted to the Shelbyville route. Specifically, you'd go around it because rather walk on hot coals then step one foot on an intact road owned by that vile place

Thanks for the information. While I won't be changing my vote since I want to dive head-first into the Wasteland. It does give the other voters more information when casting their vote.

Yeah, Uncle Sam is not someone I want to mess with at this time, plus we don't know how many turns we'll need to commit to rebuilding Springfield.

Co-Qm butting in for a second. (Man I have always wanted to say that!)

For the reconstruction actions, we will give you guys the option to fix parts/ sections of Springfield at a time, with smaller Dcs, or take an action to fix it all in one go, but expect a High Dc to succed on that one.

So yeah, either go small and go step by step or try to go and do all at once! Up to you.

Also Just adding, the rest of the citizens of Springfield will be able to take one of the reconstruction actions to try fix the city on their own on each turn. But the Dcs to succed the actions will be double of yours (they don't have the resources/money you guys will have) and will be a straight d100, so no bonuses, they will be completely up to the dices mercy if they succed or not.

But yeah, until Springfield is complete, some nationals and personal will be unavailable to you guys.

Edit: miscommunication issue. The citizens won't have the Dc doubled to attempt the actions. Will still roll only a 1d100 though.

Last edited:
Co-Qm butting in for a second. (Man I have always wanted to say that!)

For the reconstruction actions, we will give you guys the option to fix parts/ sections of Springfield at a time, with smaller Dcs, or take an action to fix it all in one go, but expect a High Dc to succed on that one.

So yeah, either go small and go step by step or try to go and do all at once! Up to you.

Also Just adding, the rest of the citizens of Springfield will be able to take one of the reconstruction actions to try fix the city on their own on each turn. But the Dcs to succed the actions will be double of yours (they don't have the resources/money you guys will have) and will be a straight d100, so no bonuses, they will be completely up to the dices mercy if they succed or not.

But yeah, until Springfield is complete, some nationals and personal will be unavailable to you guys.

Hm...would the DC to do it all at once decrease if we do specific sections first and try to fix the rest all at once or is it stagnant?

Also, could the citizens potentially make things worse if they fail their actions?

Hm...would the DC to do it all at once decrease if we do specific sections first and try to fix the rest all at once or is it stagnant?

Oh yeah, if you complete a section, the Dc to do all of it at once will decrease a certain amount.

Also, could the citizens potentially make things worse if they fail their actions?

Nah don't worry about it. They can't crit fail or anything like that, they just don't get anything done.

Also miscommunication issue. The citizens attempt to take any of the actions won't have doubled the Dcs for them. Still will rolling only a 1d100 though.

Edit: ninjad, Uh.

Back