2023-AT-04: Staff and Jemnite

Knowingly posting opinions that you admit you can word less abrasively is not good faith. Calling Cloak good faith and Jem bad faith doesn't make any sense. I could see calling them both bad faith. But again: literally admitting that you understand how the rules work and choosing not to change is the definition of bad faith even if you mean what you said.

I...guess? Understanding the rules and feeling capable of following them isn't the same thing, and that matters on questions of intellectual good faith. Cloak's position was that he didn't feel capable of expressing his sincere opinions while also reliably posting within the rules. Jemnite's position is that he can't be bothered to even pretend to respect other users. If letting your emotions run away with you is bad faith, shitposting and doing bits would have to be capital crimes or something.

I...guess? Understanding the rules and feeling capable of following them isn't the same thing, and that matters on questions of intellectual good faith. Cloak's position was that he didn't feel capable of expressing his sincere opinions while also reliably posting within the rules. Jemnite's position is that he can't be bothered to even pretend to respect other users. If letting your emotions run away with you is bad faith, shitposting and doing bits would have to be capital crimes or something.
I don't wanna debate Cloak's behavior when this doesn't have anything to do with them so we can agree to disagree. I personally do not agree with your assessment of their posting.

I don't wanna debate Cloak's behavior when this doesn't have anything to do with them so we can agree to disagree. I personally do not agree with your assessment of their posting.

My bad. I was the one that originally brought Cloak up because every time the two of them have a tribunal one of the reasons they get dinged originally was because of who they are.

Back