You somehow managed to usurp the head of a pantheon?

HashTagger

Seeker of Knowledge
In Mythos gods are not nice people especially to one another. Pantheons have a history of changing leadership. So a group of gods have plotted a revolt against the current ruler of their pantheon. Let's say through some cosmic anomaly you have managed to usurp the head of a polytheistic pantheon. You now hold untold power within your hands so will you use your immortal life to aid mankind guiding Into a new age or will you become a tyranical ruler crushing all rebellion and hope? The gods among your pantheon both fear and are fascinated by your mysterious rise to power. Will you make new allies from your pantheon? Or will you try to eliminate all of them?

In Mythos gods are not nice people especially to one another. Pantheons have a history of changing leadership. So a group of gods have plotted a revolt against the current ruler of their pantheon. Let's say through some cosmic anomaly you have managed to usurp the head of a polytheistic pantheon. You now hold untold power within your hands so will you use your immortal life to aid mankind guiding Into a new age or will you become a tyranical ruler crushing all rebellion and hope? The gods among your pantheon both fear and are fascinated by your mysterious rise to power. Will you make new allies from your pantheon? Or will you try to eliminate all of them?

Define "Power". If I am sufficiently powerful I need no allies and need not fear anything.

Hmm. Do I have sufficient power to stop the *insert religious apocalyptic events here* or am I just *insert how much more powerful than other gods here* stronger than all the other gods?

You're pretty much the equivalent of Zeus or Ra the strongest of your pantheon, but capable of being brought down if you don't keep allies or use caution while eliminating your enemies. Zeus was once captured by his brothers and sisters because he manage to piss off everyone on his council. Ra was forced by Isis to secede the throne despite the difference in power due to her cunning and use of magic. As for power your abiltity to affect your godly domain is solar system scale.

Last edited:
Alright, whichever one of you lot's in charge of the animals! We're making us some fucking Pokémon!

. Ensure all of the deities within the pantheon that I'm not here to act as their boss, but as a friend and guide that will help them to preserve their worth and respect, along with making them more adorable and approachable for their worshippers

. Guide humanity from the shadows to a new golden age of prosperity and peace. I will make sure to take steps in which the worth of human resilience and sacrifices are preserved, so they don't have to feel that they are weak and entitled to something.

well, this situation depends entirely on which pantheon I'd be taking over.

Why not both?

Become the friendleader and try to make my friends immortal at least. Then basically pursue my hopes for artistry now that I can just will images into being.

.......Well, I first make a list of ALL the nasty critters that are undoubtedly apart of my new pantheon' s Mythos and make sure that if I ever need to send someone to off said critters, they know exactly what they need. Also I make friends with my new fellow gods and goddesses.

We still on Earth?

.......Well, I first make a list of ALL the nasty critters that are undoubtedly apart of my new pantheon' s Mythos and make sure that if I ever need to send someone to off said critters, they know exactly what they need. Also I make friends with my new fellow gods and goddesses.

We still on Earth?

Yes this scenario still takes place on earth.

"Come, try me, immortals, so all of you can learn.
Hang a great golden cable down from the heavens,
lay hold of it, all you gods, all goddesses too:
you can never drag me down from sky to earth,
not Zeus, the highest, mightiest king of kings,
not even if you worked yourselves to death.
But whenever I'd set my mind to drag you up,
in deadly earnest, I'd hoist you all with ease,
you and the earth, you and the sea, all together,
then loop that golden cable round a horn of Olympus,
bind it fast and leave the whole world dangling in mid-air—

That is how far I tower over the gods, I tower over men."

Well, I basically do what I'm doing now. Go to uni, learn mathematics. I might go to a cooler university, given that I can do whatever I want.

(As I understand it Islam is a strictly monotheistic religion but it also has allowances for beings that are more-than-human in power, namely Djinn. They're not inherently good or bad, but. The consensus is that you can ask them for help, but also that it's very very sinful and not a good idea. At all. Which means that I'd basically be... changing species, I guess?)

-Panic
-Be crushed by existential horror because everything I learned since birth was wrong.
-Wonder whether I am being tested by the Almighty and whether answering prayers or trying to help people counts as shirk.
-Panic
-Attempt to consult Imams and Ulamas to get a consensus on whether what I am doing counts as shirk.
-Panic
-Try to do my best to help people, while praying to Allah that He forgives any transgression and inwardly panicking.
-Encounter people praying to me
-Panic
-Discourage people from praying to me... somehow. Tell them to pray to Allah, I guess?
-Get lynched by the other gods for promoting worship of another, divine being.
-Panic

Last edited:
Back