You may (not) be the coolest person here! (NGE/Culture)

khazit

Verified Skrull infiltrator
Inspired by this thread, and these snippets by @Butterfingers, I've decided that, maybe, possibly, I'll try my hand at writing for the first times. The idea is that: at some point in the series, ideally after his absorption into Unit 1, or after being trapped in Dirac sea, Shinji form a link with (a) Culture Mind(s), who was/were investigating an anomaly. The link exists purely in his mind (heh) and the Mind will only know what he decides to tell them, they can't even see through his eyes. Naturally, it will cause Shinji to freak out a bit, causes some problem, and then lead to interesting butterflies. The Mind will, of course, try to "improve" things for his world through suggestion, but that goal may or may not be beneficial for him and other members of the cast, and since they can only perceive the World through him, they're reliable to act on false information. Also, different Minds might not agree on the same course of action, and that can lead to conflicting advice.
Problem is, I'm not very confident in my writing skills, particularly descriptive scenes, and still haven't figured out which butterflies this will lead to, and it will likely takes awhile to start. So, any helps will be greatly appreciated.
EDIT: made a Thread.

Last edited:
Back