What if three portals appear from Final Fantasy 7, Carnival Row, and Arcane: League of Legends in OTL 1990 Earth?

Let's set the scene it's January 1st, 1990, at 1:00 am, and portals to the worlds of Final Fantasy 7, Carnival Row, and Arcane: League of Legends just appear. The portals would be permanent, indestructible, and can not be erased from or fade in or out of existence but can be moved. The portals are circles and their size is around the full adult male human. There is a total of three portals connecting OTL 1990 Earth to these worlds and the portals appear on land.

The first portal would appear in OTL Tokyo (Japan) and in Midgar (Final Fantasy 7: When Sephiroth turns evil).

The next portal would appear in OTL London (United Kingdom) and in The Burgue (Carnival Row: A week before the events season 1 ep 1).

The final portal would appear in OTL Las Angeles (United States) and in Zaun (Arcane: When Slico adopts Jinx).

How would everyone react?

(Important Note: real-world physics will be ignored for the sake of having fun)

Shinra:

"I can't believe that these Earth fools offered us the right to mine all the materia we can find on their world in return for the extraction rights for something as worthless as oil!"

Shinra:

"I can't believe that these Earth fools offered us the right to mine all the materia we can find on their world in return for the extraction rights for something as worthless as oil!"

Our Earth (at least that we know of) doesn't have materia so Shinra would likely trade other goods. Oil and materia don't have to be the only goods to sell.

It definitely has coal, so I don't think there's any reason why it shouldn't? It clearly has fossil fuels, and there's reference to oil as a burning substance in one of/some of the enemy attacks, though that doesn't strictly mean black gold.

... anyway, I don't know anything about carnival row, but I'm pretty sure the other two would ultimately end up involving world destroying magic plagues if rampaging monsters didn't kill everyone first, so we'd all die. gg no re, come back with resistance to bio.

... anyway, I don't know anything about carnival row, but I'm pretty sure the other two would ultimately end up involving world destroying magic plagues if rampaging monsters didn't kill everyone first, so we'd all die. gg no re, come back with resistance to bio.
The portal to Zaun wouldn't be apocalyptic. It leads to an industrialized city, not some place out in the wider world of Runeterra. And ironically enough, it'd utterly derail the second arc of Arcane in spectacular fashion.

... isn't it an industrialized city incidentally full of mad scientists, some of which are heavy into the aforementioned magic plagues? I don't know LoL lore enough to comment strongly on it, but the entire setting is one of the ones I wouldn't want to touch with a metaphorical ten foot pole, just due to the various contagion issues, nevermind other potential issues like city destroying undead swarms and mythos-style critters and whatnot. Earth is too squishy for touching that nonsense's grass to go well.

Back