Welcome to Anime, Try Avoiding Cliché Take Three [FATE]

Shade, why are you doing this?

• Because I am Shade and I like writing.

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Because I am Shade and I like my readers.

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • Because I am Shade and I like Coffee.

Votes: 53 24.0%
  • Because I am Shade, and Nothing Else Matters.

Votes: 19 8.6%
  • Because I am Shade, Omae Wa Shinderu!

Votes: 67 30.3%
  • Because I am Shade, now get on the Shade-Train!

Votes: 60 27.1%

• Total voters
[] There's always a bigger fish, and someone needs reminding of that. "Did you not see that rampaging monster back there? I thought heroes were supposed to save people, not money. Or are you settling for the easy win?"

[X] Stay on the defensive in case she throws something again.

[X] Allow the DM to spend Fate Points for rerolls/Aspect invocation in case they are necessary in this scene.

Let's see where Madam Victory's priorities are.

Edit: Reread the update where there are other heroes dealing with the monster. :oops: Guess I should have noticed that earlier.

Last edited:
[X] Summon tentacle monster and have Wolf blow it Madam Victory's way, then escape as she is struggling to get free
[X] Allow the DM to spend Fate Points for rerolls/Aspect invocation in case they are necessary in this scene.
Adhoc vote count started by shadenight123 on Jan 30, 2019 at 8:05 AM, finished with 7 posts and 7 votes.

Chapter One. A Bank Robbery Gone Horribly Wrong. Part Four.
Chapter One. A Bank Robbery Gone Horribly Wrong. Part Four.

SCENE: A Van running away from a Monster's Rampage.
SCENE DESCRIPTORS: It's a Van, and it's Vanning Away. Rollercoasters have nothing on this! Someone's Having a Bad Time. If you don't move, he might not see you! Someone's wondering where you are.
FATE POINTS: 4-1=3

It's better to leave it to a fully-fledged villain to fight a fully fledged-hero, in the meantime you prefer to busy yourself with keeping your mean of transportation alive. It's not a bad idea, especially because the farther away you get from the monster, the more people linger, or cars stand to block the way.

You hold yourself up well enough even as the traffic starts to increase, and while the driver's maneuvering manages the most of it, you sometime end up summoning this or that creature -or tentacle thereof- to keep the larger debris out of the way.

Meanwhile, a cold unsettling chill of ice leaves your boss' lips, only for Madam Victory to pirouette out of the icy blast with incredible poise, grabbing hold of the icy mist with one hand and spinning it into a large, icy snowball. She then throws it right back with the strength of a cannonball, only for you to try to intercept it.

Fate seems to be on your side. -1 Fate Point. +2 on Athletics Roll.

You flex your fingers as you grab hold of the thrown cannon-ball of ice, and dull its impact against your boss. As you throw it to the side, the van takes a sharp turn, trying to lose Madam Victory. It's all for naught, though.

She's still hot on your tail, and there's only so much road left before it becomes problematic. Other heroes, for example, might join the fray. Or the van might need to run over a civilian to make the escape. You're pretty sure your boss won't order something bloody like that, but the driver may accidentally do so.

"A relentless woman," the Fabulous Evil Wolf grumbles, "All right kiddo." He flexes his claws. "You bring the van to the safehouse. I'll handle things with her."

It's clear what his intentions are: he's going to jump and tackle the flying woman on the ground. Whether he can succeed or not, though, largely depends on how well he makes the jump.

[X] Wait boss, as an Underling, it's my duty to go first!
[X] Wait boss, let me soften her up a bit before you go.
[X] Don't do this boss, we can outpace her!
[X] Boss, I've got a brilliant idea! (Write-In)

And

[X] Allow DM Fate-Point expenditure.
[X] Make DM wait on user-input before Fate-Point expenditure.

Last edited:
[X] Don't do this boss, we can outpace her!
[X] Make DM wait on user-input before Fate-Point expenditure.

[X] Wait boss, let me soften her up a bit before you go.
[X] Allow DM Fate-Point expenditure.

I know we don't have a lot of FP, but I want to make a good impression on the boss.

Chapter One. A Bank Robbery Gone Horribly Wrong. Part Five.
Chapter One. A Bank Robbery Gone Horribly Wrong. Part Five.

SCENE: A Van running away from a Monster's Rampage.
SCENE DESCRIPTORS: It's a Van, and it's Vanning Away. Rollercoasters have nothing on this! Someone's Having a Bad Time. If you don't move, he might not see you! Someone's wondering where you are.
FATE POINTS: 3

"Don't do this boss, we can outpace her!" you yell, but your boss merely gives you a clawed thumb-up in reply.

"It's going to be all right, Timber Wolf! This is the duty of the Alpha Wolf, the Fabulous Me cannot possibly fail when his pack-members are looking up to him!" he flexes his legs, and jumps off the van with incredible grace, his locks of fur glimmering in the light. His claws extended, he soars through the air and howls as he takes a swing at the incoming Superhero.

Madam Victory attempts to dodge out of the way of the swinging claw, but as she does that, the Fabulous Evil Wolf exhales a great gust of icy wind, sending Madam Victory to impact against a nearby skyscraper, while he instead is flung against another.

The van quickly rushes away, even as you're reasonably sure that both Superhero and Villain will keep on fighting for a while longer.

You remain atop the van, taking deep, steadying breaths. The driver knows where he's meant to go, and you can't help but reckon it would be too dangerous to keep staying on the rooftop in your criminal clothes, especially when the Fabulously Evil Van starts shifting its cover -thanks to the Incognito Inc. Makeshift covering- into a more tranquil-looking Ice-Cream van.

You end up sitting at the co-driver's seat, taking a few breaths of relief as you plop off the mask, dressing back up in your civilian clothing.

"Boss' going to make it all right," the driver remarks. The criminal goon gives you a grin, as if to say that everything will be fine. "Want me to drop you off somewhere, kiddo?"

You wonder, indeed, where you'd best be left.

[X] At the school library, where you should have been more than an hour ago.
[X] At home, you'll ditch studying for tomorrow's exam.
[X] At the secret evil base; without the boss overseeing things, the goons might cut a bigger share to themselves.
[X] Right by the street side. You need to keep up the appearance you were near the scene, and walking your way back.
[X] Elsewhere. (Write-In)

[X] Right by the street side. You need to keep up the appearance you were near the scene, and walking your way back.

[X] At the school library, where you should have been more than an hour ago.

So thrilled there's a third version of this!

Back