Warhammer 40k Gladius: Warhammer + Civilization

Arch's also a Sargon cheerleading bag of hot air without much in the way of insight. Pass.
To each their own, I primarily enjoy his Lore videos since they are hilarious and informative at the same time.
This defenily looks interesting. Only four starting factions, with two being imperial, blows though. Hiw much will the faction DLC be...
Not sure but I am curious as to how the factions will be handled, because the only way I can see the Space Marines working as a single faction in a believable manner is if the force you play as is a multi-chapter operation.

To each their own, I primarily enjoy his Lore videos since they are hilarious and informative at the same time.

Not sure but I am curious as to how the factions will be handled, because the only way I can see the Space Marines working as a single faction in a believable manner is if the force you play as is a multi-chapter operation.
Informative because they're mindlessly parroting the wiki articles.
And they're, at best, white noise rather than having any genuine humor to them- unless one considers dribbles of political sewage to be humor.

Either way, Arch is the kind of scumbag the hobby needs a lot less of.

The steam store is funny - well this is:
Is this game relevant to you?
This game doesn't look like other things you've played in the past. As such we don't have much information on whether or not you might be interested in it
*Looks at Civilisation, Beyond Earth, Dawn of War....* Steam, are you drinking again?

Why can't these games just give us an "Imperial" faction?

I mean I get it, there is a lot of ground to cover in that area if you want to include everything.

I'm just asking that you give the Imperials a selection of Space Marines, Guardsmen, and Mechanicus troops.

Poor administratum, the military factions never seem to use the proper channels for disputing planetary governorship.

Last edited:
Why can't these games just give us an "Imperial" faction?

I mean I get it, there is a lot of ground to cover in that area if you want to include everything.

I'm just asking that you give the Imperials a selection of Space Marines, Guardsmen, and Mechanicus troops.
The Guard, Sororitas, Astartes, and Mechanicum were all made to be able to function as separate armies so combining them would get you a ridiculously huge unit list filled with redundant units or you'd risk cutting a lot of iconic units which would upset fans of those factions.

Also Imperial Law explicitly forbids the four from operating under a single chain of command anyway. The mechanicum is actually a separate country under a treaty of alliance with the Imperium, the Sororitas are a religious order, and the Guard and Astartes were split apart to prevent any future Horuses from also having both Marines and Soldiers to obey them if they went rogue.

Last edited:
Poor administratum, the military factions never seem to use the proper channels for disputing planetary governorship.

The Guard, Sororitas, Astartes, and Mechanicum were all made to be able to function as separate armies so combining them would get you a ridiculously huge unit list filled with redundant units or you'd risk cutting a lot of iconic units which would upset fans of those factions.

Also Imperial Law explicitly forbids the four from operating under a single chain of command anyway. The mechanicum is actually a separate country under a treaty of alliance with the Imperium, the Sororitas are a religious order, and the Guard and Astartes were split apart to prevent any future Horuses from also having both Marines and Soldiers to obey them if they went rogue.

I already know all this in-universe fluff, my rebuttal is that the Adeptus Astarte aren't don't really launch full scale planetary invasion and occupations, not by themselves. They normally have heavy Guard support, and usually have Mechanicus or Sororitas support depending of if they planet in question interest the Inquisition or Mechanicus.

So it doesn't really make sense to have an entire faction dedicated to just Space Marines. And like I said, you don't have to include every combat unit from every faction. Give us a decent selection of Guard troops, some Space Marine units for specialization, and maybe one or two units from the Inquisition and Mechanicus.

I already know all this in-universe fluff, my rebuttal is that the Adeptus Astarte aren't don't really launch full scale planetary invasion and occupations, not by themselves

Unless the planet has something they want on it. Like maybe a new Recruiting World. Or maybe the enemy is so entrenched in the planet that they have to change their tactics in order to defeat them.

Unless the planet has something they want on it. Like maybe a new Recruiting World. Or maybe the enemy is so entrenched in the planet that they have to change their tactics in order to defeat them.

Not really, unless a Chapter is on a Penance Crusade, or is entirely space born, they never send the entire Chapter to one planet.

As for recruiting worlds, Death Worlds and Feudal worlds are preferred yeah, and they are harsh, but pretty much enemy free for the most part. Chapter like recruiting worlds to have fairly high population (for whatever that means on something like a death world) in order to get the most possible recruits.

I already know all this in-universe fluff, my rebuttal is that the Adeptus Astarte aren't don't really launch full scale planetary invasion and occupations, not by themselves. They normally have heavy Guard support, and usually have Mechanicus or Sororitas support depending of if they planet in question interest the Inquisition or Mechanicus.

So it doesn't really make sense to have an entire faction dedicated to just Space Marines. And like I said, you don't have to include every combat unit from every faction. Give us a decent selection of Guard troops, some Space Marine units for specialization, and maybe one or two units from the Inquisition and Mechanicus.
Space Marine players would complain about cutting iconic space marine units and so would Guard players.

It's why the two have always been separate in dawn of war.

Not really, unless a Chapter is on a Penance Crusade, or is entirely space born, they never send the entire Chapter to one planet.

As for recruiting worlds, Death Worlds and Feudal worlds are preferred yeah, and they are harsh, but pretty much enemy free for the most part. Chapter like recruiting worlds to have fairly high population (for whatever that means on something like a death world) in order to get the most possible recruits.

Being honest, the real reason is because Video Games.

I'd much rather be able to play as the Space Marines and Imperial Guard separately despite it not being lore friendly, if I means I can play as the Imperial Guard and take over the whole planet on my own.

Space Marine players would complain about cutting iconic space marine units and so would Guard players.

It's why the two have always been separate in dawn of war.

Awww, I always thought they were separate because game developers don't really understand the universe very in depths, and could then charge an addition 30 bucks for a DLC that adds in Imperial Guard or other factions.

Back