Ultimate Hangman's Gambit III - La Pasión del Amor y Muertes (Pueblo Victory)

Playerlist done. I tried to mix it up between people who have experience with Mafia and people who don't (or, at least, who I don't recognize). A game with a mix of knowledgeable players and newbies is better in my experience than one with all of the latter. Apologies to those who didn't make it in, but this will hardly be the last game on the site (unless Trump nukes the internet), so stay on the lookout once this one is done.

That said, all players tagged by this post, respond (once, please) and I'll send Roles out once everyone has reported in.
Um, that didn't tag me; I have reply Alerts off.
Does that mean I'm not in anymore?

Game Start
When you gather in the plaza, El Juez is there. "As you may have heard", he says, looking downcast, "our beloved Sheriff has been found dead in his home. The Coroner has ruled out suicide, which means that one of you has committed this vile crime. Now, while we would normally perform an ordinary investigation, there are certain...pressures" El Juez looks exceedingly uncomfortable as he says this "which have taken that decision out of my control. As such, the thirteen most likely suspects have been gathered here today."

Soldiers march through the crowd, grabbing people and bringing them to the forefront. El Juez sighs. "The rest of you may leave. You thirteen are...now obligated to discover who the threats to El Pueblo are. Once you find someone, they will be, ahem. Executed. As a matter of national security, I have been told." He wipes away a bit of sweat with a handkerchief, and stands. "Well. Good luck. The rest of us are off to enjoy a 'pleasant vacation' while you figure this out amongst yourselves."

Scared, confused, or at least mildly baffled, the thirteen of you are left there, under guard.

Better start talking.

DAY ONE BEGINS
Day One Ends in 72 Hours or when Majority Vote is reached

Well then. Fine situation this is, eh?

[x] Icarus

Deku wants to kill him and I don't see anyone who stands out as a better option for first lynch, so...

I'm a vanilla townie
Nice to know.

[X] Bailey Matutine
[X] Blazinghand

Normally, it'd be a really believable claim, but I highly doubt Dekutulla's going for a regular maf. In the two games he's run, one had pretty much no one with any powers (Unlikely, this time), or there were only two vanillas, who were potential assets to the maf.

So I'd like a little evidence.
You should have two paragraphs of fluff. Got a profession in there?

Nice to know.

[X] Bailey Matutine
[X] Blazinghand

Normally, it'd be a really believable claim, but I highly doubt Dekutulla's going for a regular maf. In the two games he's run, one had pretty much no one with any powers (Unlikely, this time), or there were only two vanillas, who were potential assets to the maf.

Shit, I forgot the brightness. Fixed.

Nice to know.

[X] Bailey Matutine
[X] Blazinghand

[X] Nanmani

You're almost certainly mafia. Claiming VT isn't alignment-indicative, but mafia early on, they want to find something to attack someone for. They're constantly thinking, "how do I find the blue roles" that's their thought process, you see. So for them, they see the VT claim and think "this is something attackworthy" unlike a townie would (initially). So the kenpachi rule tells us that the first person to attack someone for the VT claim must be mafia. You're mafia QED

Nani, you are kind of drawing a big target on yourself here. With the rules of this game, any Majority Bandwagon will end with someone dying automatically. So you know it makes sense for a Mafia to create a lynch mob.

Nani, you are kind of drawing a big target on yourself here. With the rules of this game, any Majority Bandwagon will end with someone dying automatically. So you know it makes sense for a Mafia to create a lynch mob.

People shouldn't be afraid to vote on a bad person. I'm not! On the other hand, we shouldn't cut the day TOO short and like, lose out on discussion time we could use. But anyways, Nani is a bad person and you should vote for Nani imo because Nani voted me, fell right into my trap!

We've been through this in every game so far.
I've been convinced that talking is helped when people are at risk of dying all the time. Gives a nice bit of motivation, I've learned.

Amusing how he didn't answer the question too, don't you think?

I will note Blazing hand did not actually answer Nani's call for evidence...

People shouldn't be afraid to vote on a bad person. I'm not! On the other hand, we shouldn't cut the day TOO short and like, lose out on discussion time we could use. But anyways, Nani is a bad person and you should vote for Nani imo because Nani voted me, fell right into my trap!
Also, are you an idiot? You're berating me for trying to end the day early... and then trying to get a bandwagon going to end the day early.
It's almost too blatant.

(Cups their head in their hands.)

Hrm.

Hrm.

Hrrrrrrmmmmm.

Nah I got nothing sorry guys. No witty commentary here, nor do I have any clever insights.

I will note Blazing hand did not actually answer Nani's call for evidence...

What, he wants me to post my fluff? As if. That kind of stuff isn't in the spirit of the game imo. This isn't a game of "let's see if the mafia didn't get fluff they can post" this is a game of trying to make reads, to figure out who people are, to play, you know, the actual game.

I'm here to play the game, not compare our fluff to each other. You call fluff evidence? I call it fluff. I have nothing further to say about fluff.

Also, are you an idiot? You're berating me for trying to end the day early... and then trying to get a bandwagon going to end the day early.
It's almost too blatant.

I'm not berating you, I'm literally defending that particular action, saying it's alright to vote. Wow, you're really reaching now, aren't you? Just making things up to attack me, cause I caught you, mafia!

(Cups their head in their hands.)

Hrm.

Hrm.

Hrrrrrrmmmmm.

Nah I got nothing sorry guys.
That's fine, just analyze.

If you stay quiet too long though, it's gonna be suspicious. Try to throw your thoughts in the arena once there's been enough talk for you to get good impressions, okay?

What, he wants me to post my fluff? As if. That kind of stuff isn't in the spirit of the game imo. This isn't a game of "let's see if the mafia didn't get fluff they can post" this is a game of trying to make reads, to figure out who people are, to play, you know, the actual game.

I'm here to play the game, not compare our fluff to each other. You call fluff evidence? I call it fluff. I have nothing further to say about fluff.
Are we gonna have another first day meltdown? Please tell me we're gonna have another first day meltdown. I wanna see you match Ars.

Since when anything is revealed on the very first day anyway?

The only thing we've revealed so far is that Nani is mafia. I mean, asking for fluff? Attacking me for a VT claim? All classic mafia moves.

Are we gonna have another first day meltdown? Please tell me we're gonna have another first day meltdown. I wanna see you match Ars.

Come at me bro. You've got nothing, I've got everything, I hold all the cards, the whole house of cards, which I will knock over like dominos, checkmate.

Seriously though it's legitimately suspicious that you'd attack someone for a VT claim. This isn't the mindset of a good guy, this is the mindset of a bad guy.... who is thinking a lot about who is VT and who is blue. Yes, I've caught you "red" handed.

That's fine, just analyze.

If you stay quiet too long though, it's gonna be suspicious. Try to throw your thoughts in the arena once there's been enough talk for you to get good impressions, okay?

Honestly I'm semi-inclined to agree with @Nanimani in that @Blazinghand seems to be throwing up a lot of chaff in the air.

But then again it's literally the first day so I don't really have any impressions. :V

I was going to write some nice RPing but I see we've got to get to the lynching already.

So, assuming this is a Simple-Mafia-Game, there'll probably be 3 mafia roles to 10 town roles; Assuming we have, say, 3 town special roles like Doctor or so, then a massclaim is inadvisable. However, we could certainly operate a Random Lynch train. We lynch someone, they nominate someone to be lynched, so on until we get more information to operate a more logical system.

Honestly I'm semi-inclined to agree with @Nanimani in that @Blazinghand seems to be throwing up a lot of chaff in the air.

But then again it's literally the first day so I don't really have any impressions. :V

Whoa let's bear in mind who cast the first stone between me and Nani. Hint, it was nani. I made a totally innocuous post, a post that would seem totally innocuous to any good guy, but stand out like a sore thumb to any bad guy. Claiming Vt... this isn't suspcious, unless you are a bad guy who is spending his time searching for the angel and the detective. If your mind automatically snaps to "what kind of good guy" then you must be a bad guy, this is a non-suspicious move that looks suspicious, but only to bad guys, and bingo, Nani jumped right on it.

Back