Ultimate Hangman's Gambit III - La Pasión del Amor y Muertes (Pueblo Victory)

- Snark is dead. Not good, he was one of the more active posters in this thread.
- Should probably look at his list, probably a member of the maf was under suspicion and the maf decided to off him.
- That or the maf offed him so we would all think that and end up lynching a member of the list and letting the actual maf get off scotfree.

There's two ways to look at it.

If snark was right about the list, there'd be no point in offing them ASAP because it lends credence to his theories

On the other hand, snark is really good at being a pain in the ass and prodding people the longer he lasts, so he'd be a threat to the mafia in the long run anyway. I'm betting on the latter, though its entirely possible there may be one or two mafiosos on that list.

I see no reason to doubt the mason role claim or LDJ's role claim.

I don't think it's necessary for there to be a Doctor in this setup. There might be; but there might be a veteran, or Mafia shot TFS or overlapped with his target (either is possible). I certainly don't think the Doctor should claim right now. If he's smart, handsome, and cunning, the Doctor is laying low and trying to get more saves.

Also, Mafia already know whether or not there is a Doctor/Vet. If they shot TFS or Shard N1, they know the reason there was only 1 N1 kill was the overlap or TFS having an extra night life. If they shot someone else, they know that their kill was prevented another way, likely via Doctor or Veteran. So Mafia knows for sure. I suppose it's also possible that they shot TFS or Shard N1, and we also have a Doctor, but yeah.

I see no reason to doubt the mason role claim or LDJ's role claim.

I don't think it's necessary for there to be a Doctor in this setup. There might be; but there might be a veteran, or Mafia shot TFS or overlapped with his target (either is possible). I certainly don't think the Doctor should claim right now. If he's smart, handsome, and cunning, the Doctor is laying low and trying to get more saves.

Yeah LDJ didnt really sell his role well but TFS confirmed he knew what he was talking about. We know about the masons for...

reasons

But other than that I'd say the other roles are up in the air, so people roleclaiming should be prepared to, y'know, actually defend themselves this time around.

Yeah LDJ didnt really sell his role well but TFS confirmed he knew what he was talking about. We know about the masons for...

reasons

But other than that I'd say the other roles are up in the air, so people roleclaiming should be prepared to, y'know, actually defend themselves this time around.

++

You keep mentioning this, but the only "Veteran" role I know of is this guy, which... isn't really a roleblocker, and certainly isn't what happened this game.

Ah, sorry. In games I've played, there is a common role called "Veteran" which is, on MafiaScum Wiki, "1-shot Bulletproof" (link). I guess this sort of role must not be common on this forum, so we can probably leave it out of our calculations.

So!
  • I'm not dead.
  • I got no result from Ellf last night. Not negative, not positive, nothing.
  • The protector may be a jailer, which would explain the above.
  • Tenfold is conclusively 3rd party, considering his name color.

Hrm. Well given that you aren't dead, LDJ, I'm going to guess that you got either roleblocked by the Maf or if you were protected, it was a Jailer. If it's the former, it's definitely to make it so you can't tell my affiliation one way or the other. Which says nothing about me positive or negative either. Because if I were scum, I definitely wouldn't want you to know it. If I were scum and wanting to make it look like someone else might be scum, I'd prevent you from using your power so that you can't tell any information about the person you were investigating.

(Also yay, I have power at home. The estimate was Saturday)

I should have pinged innocent as opposed to guilty, but of course you can believe that or not.

There are two ways to look at it.

If he was right about the list, there would be no point in offing them ASAP because it lends credence to his theories

On the other hand, snark is really good at being a pain in the ass and prodding people the longer he lasts, so he'd be a threat to the mafia in the long run anyway. I'm betting on the latter, though its entirely possible there may be one or two mobsters on that list.

You could spin a justification either way yanno. Maf could've known someone'd think that which is why they offed snark.

I know you know I know is a fuckstupid game and I'll have none of it dammit.

can Maf usually roleblock and shoot at the same time?

The way it worked in Game One was the mafia couldn't kill and recruit on the same night, but recruitment is like killing someone but double-bad so that's a little different.

I can say with almost certainty that we're not playing in a game where they only have kill flavors between them, but it's difficult to say how many of them have secondary powers or what they might be.

Simple games typically have 2-3 Mafia. Some are vanilla where they can only shoot. Some have additional powers that they can use if they aren't the ones doing the killing.

So, if the Mafia have a roleblocker, they can roleblock and shoot the same night.

My own theory is that being a cop, he search for proof and thus, getting no result means innocent.

Usually a no result means block. Because it's an explicit thing with cops. "Guilty" or "Not Guilty."

Of course, roleblocker is also an option, but you're usually told when blocked...

Not always. Sometimes you have to interpret it from how actions played out.

The Mafia are going to be hunting down that doctor/jailer though, if there is one.

I want to reiterate. Vanilla lynches are okay, even if they're not ideal.

We have 9 left, which means 5 to lynch. We have six people who can be scum, given Nani, Joe and LDJ.

Gonna knock myself off the list and Blazing due to his helpfulness.

Leaning away from Generic for now, but not 100%.

Leaves three people: Icarus, Megaolix, and LupineVolt.

66% chance of hitting scum between these three.

Gonna hold off on a vote until tomorrow (RL-time) though.

I thiiink I should have been vocal enough to show I'm town. But yeah, I am also watching Icarus and LupineVolt.

And i,m not sure here. Last I checked, GG is not helping that much.
GG doesn't feel scummy to me, if that makes sense.
Feels more like me when I first started playing Forum Mafia.

Because A) I was in the shower and B) I'm going through the replies to this thread right the hell now.

Back