GW has been weird about units/models in fantasy and AoS since TOWs release back in january.
Yeah but most of the ways at least made some sense. Like I understand the logic in wanting the normal version of the unit to have the correct rifles. Campaign special flavour rors are kinda their own thing though and don't really have that impact.

MALAKAI MAKAISSON

This technologically savvy Legendary Lord, Malakai Makaisson, was once a member of the Engineer's Guild, wherein he built the Ironclad Unsinkable... which sank, and the Airship Indestructible... which blew up. As a result of these errors, costing many a Dwarfen life in the process, Makaisson was ejected with great shame, and took the Slayer's Oath in turn.

At a glance, here's what he brings to the Dwarfs:

• Slayer - As a Slayer, Malakai is unbreakable, whilst also benefitting from all of the advantages that Slayers bring to the battlefield.
  • Engineer - As an Engineer, Malakai supports missile units with an array of abilities that increases capabilities to wreak havoc and doom on the enemy.
  • Spirit of Grungni - The Spirit of Grungni enables recruitment for Malakai's forces, supporting infrastructure and the ability to call in support during the battle from the famed airship itself.
  • Malakai's Adventures - By completing preparations and improving different war machines and artillery Malakai can push the feats of his engineering prowess in epic battles and earn valuable upgrades for the Spirit of Grungni.

Despite his reputation, Makaisson continued to invent, tinker, and create new tools of the trade after his exit, taking another crack at an airship with the much more successful Spirit of Grungni, as well as the vicious Goblin-Hewer; an axe-flinging war machine.

In battle, Malakai Makaisson serves the Dwarfs as a ranged support Lord, tossing explosives toward the enemy with the Cinderblast Cluster Bomb, blasting them to bits with his triple-barrelled repeater, and, if those pesky Greenskins get too close for Dwarfen comfort, smacking them in the face with a massive spanner.

He can also reduce the Reload Time of artillery and increase their Accuracy with the Artillery Master passive. Plus, he's come prepared with some special firepower in the form of the Deranged Munitions skill. With it, he can target a specific allied missile unit to increase their Missile Strength and imbue them with Magical Attacks.

Cool. I like it. I saw a video giving a rundown and I'm definitely getting this. Does anybody know when the expansion releases? Somebody mentioned April 30th, is that accurate?

Cool. I like it. I saw a video giving a rundown and I'm definitely getting this. Does anybody know when the expansion releases? Somebody mentioned April 30th, is that accurate?
As Mopman says, it's coming April 30th. You may or may not have noticed but Steam has it listed as three different DLCs, because unlike SoC it can be bought in slices so people can pick and choose what they get. You may be like me and just want to get all three but it's a nice option to have.

Took me a long time, but finally did it:

The Chaos Dwarf crisis did make it go a lot faster because trying the Tomb King crisis as Norsca or Taurox would've been a huge pain in the ass.

Back