Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

They said you'd never amount to anything.

They said you'd just be another cog, that you...
Intro: Before Pandora there was nill

LaRed

Are you stupid or something
They said you'd never amount to anything.

They said you'd just be another cog, that you wouldn't change anything.

Little did they know you and your friends stumbled on a box that changed the world.

That you would become gods.

Now, choose:

[] The sands of an hourglass, a first aid kit

[] A skull, a coin

[] An illusion, a light

[] A magic 8-ball, a piece of obsidian

[] A metal arm, a map of the sky

[] An old ruin, a fire-breathing rabbit

[X] A metal arm, a map of the sky

Last edited:
[X] The sands of an hourglass, a first aid kit

Because I am a softy and I will admit it.

Last edited:
Drakengard music? Instant win for me.

[X] An old ruin, a fire-breathing rabbit.

Hopefully we do not encounter Holy Hand-Grenades.

Chapter 1: Be Oretha Abbedelli
The rain in coming down in sheets, you're shivering but you can't stop. You've got to run or you'll die. Your brother is slung across your back, his breathing is shallow and he's bleeding from where he got shot. You can barely make out the others ahead of you carrying that damned box, museum guards or militia, you don't know who exactly, are chasing you and yelling.

"Oretha you've gotta keep up girl!" You can make out Abe looking briefly in your direction as he says that before facing forward again, meanwhile you readjust your arms so you can keep Mauro from falling off your back. You hear a bullet hit the ground some distance behind you, and you dare not look back lest they see your eyes. Abe and the others suddenly turn at a corner and you start to sprint, more bullets are fired behind you and you think you can hear dogs barking over the pouring rain.

As you make it to where you saw everyone else turn you stop for a bit to catch your breath, even though you're one of the best endurance runners in your class this is far more than what you're used to. One of the older members of your group, Maretha, walks over to you, "Orrie it's not that much further to the safehouse, let me carry your brother." You shake your head, "No Maretha, I've carried him this far, I can't stop now." She backs off, knowing how inseparable the two of you are, almost like you're joined at the hip. After catching your breath for a second you and the rest of the group head to Abe's safehouse and lock the door.

The safehouse itself isn't much to look at from the outside, the roof is in disrepair and the only things in decent shape are the door and the windows. Inside however, is a trove of ancient artifacts and a safe where Abe keeps his funds from "pawned goods". You motion for Maretha to get the first aid kit off the wall, but Abe interjects, "We don't have time to patch Mauro up! We have to see what in the box we can sell, we can get your brother patched up with the money from that." You go to snap at him but the other man in the room who's been checking the windows, Bruno, speaks up, "Listen Abellio, I'm sure you can afford a few seconds to at least help stop the bleeding, besides Oretha knows how to heal people, I mean she helped you when you leg broke remember?" The Frenchman sighs and starts unraveling the gauze as you pull off your brother's shirt to get a better look at the wound, thankfully the bullet seems to have missed most of the vital organs, as long as you got him to a doctor immediately after this he should be fine.

With the finesse of a bomb defuser you reach into the wound with the tweezers and pull the bullet out along with bone fragments. Mauro, somehow, wakes up, a cocksure smile on his dark yet pallid face, "H-hey sis, did we get it?" You start crying, "Yeah yeah, we got the box just, try to relax for now okay?" Maretha's half-sister Helena walks over, "I've got him Oretha, go help Abe and Bruno with the box." You nod and walk over to where the others are, and hear Bruno and Abe start arguing, "So you tell us about this great mystical treasure that's suuuuuper valuable, have us break into a museum, get a kid shot, and all that this is is just...some piece of junk with scribbles?!" "Bruno calm down! I, I think I can decipher this, down here it's showing someone opening the box in a closed room, and something about rising? And then it shows the area outside the room turning black." You walk over to the box and look at the machinery inside, "So we have to what, solve the puzzle in here?" You start bringing your hand down to turn parts of the box but Abe rushes over and grabs your arm, "What do you think you're doing?! I'm the archaeologist here I'll handle the artifacts!" You stand aside as he starts fumbling with the box, and suddenly you hear dogs barking.

You rush to barricade the door, bringing chairs, old treasures, anything to buy time. Suddenly you hear screaming outside as the windows start to turn black and your bodies start glowing. Maretha grabs and starts berating Abe as her body begins taking on a darker tone, the shadows growing, "What did you do? What did you do!" Abe starts blubbering as his skin begins turning to a mixture of bark and stone, "I-I just turned some things this way and that, that's all I did, honest!" You start tuning them out as you notice sand coming out of your sleeves, time seems to slow to a crawl, and then you black out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Somewhere Else-
You slowly open your eyes and a few times, in part due to the fact that it feels like you've been sleeping forever, but due to the fact that there is what appears to be three Suns in the sky.

Looking around you don't see anyone and you appear to be in a field of some kind. To your right you can make out a large city with metal skyscrapers, and behind you there's a large forest with a spire coming out of the canopy. Figuring that maybe everyone else got dropped in the same place as you maybe they headed to either place for help, so where do you go?

[] The gleaming city

[] The twisting trees

Back