Chapter 6 - Iron VI
"You are Red Leg Zeff aren't you, you might be older, but I can see the similarities between now and your old Wanted Poster." Krieg speculated openly, and the Oldman seemed to confirm.

"Hmm, so what?" Zeff stated. "That was a long time ago, and as you can see I'm retired." The cook pointed to his pegged leg. "Now take the food to your men before more starve to death." I could hear the impatience in Zeff. I guess he really wanted Krieg out of his restaurant before more damage was done.

"I see that you lost that famous Red-Leg of yours truly a shame. But that is not what I'm interested in. You're a pirate that had spent almost twenty years on the Grand Line. And I do not believe for a moment you didn't keep a Log of what you experienced on that sea. Now I want for you to give it to me!" Krieg demanded.

I just wished that Krieg would shut up and leave. I could walk away myself from the conversation, but this was fascinating stuff to hear.

"Wow, you've been to the Grand Line old man?" Luffy butted in on the conversation.

"I have, and I will not deny that I indeed wrote a Log, of my travels. I will not give it over to someone like you, that Log is my pride as a former Pirate and giving it over would shame my men and me." Zeff went down hard on Krieg. It was something I could admire about the "good" Pirates in this world. Their steel hard conviction.

"Then I just steal it, if you won't give it to me. That ocean might have defeated me, but I'm still the mighty Don Krieg. I had the manpower and ambition to conquer that sea, but I lacked a crucial thing when I went to that ocean. Information. And with your Log, and this ship I will start my conquest a new." Krieg tried to sound so impressive, I almost wanted to laugh.

Look at him trying to be Iskander. I thought. Sorry Krieg, but you will never get anywhere in life your much too weak for this world. You're the Voice of your will, is not strong enough to carry you. Man, when did I get all philosophical?

When the other cooks tried to stump on Krieg's inflated ego, but he rebuffed all of them.

"You think you can beat me? You must all be crazy I am Don Krieg, the greatest Pirate of the East Blue and the man who will become King of the Pirates!" Welp Krieg just sealed his fate, he shouldn't have said that.

"Hey!" Came Luffy's voice. "You are not the who will become King of the Pirates. I am!" Luffy shouted. And there was the difference between Krieg and Luffy and nearly every other Pirate that spouted those words. That when Luffy spoke those words, there was an inherent truth to them, that what he was saying was possible and it would happen. And Pirates like Krieg just sounded shallow and spoke nonsense.

There was no way I could truly describe those feeling with words, only it was something one had to experience for themselves.

And of course, with Luffy's declaration, the restaurant went crazy.

"What the hell are you talking about/Kid stand back down or you be killed."

I saw Sanji give Luffy a thinking look like he was contemplating something.

"You said something brat?" Krieg asked the rhetorical question. "Be thankful I'm feeling a little merciful right now, so I let that comment slide."

"You don't have to let it slide. I was just stating the truth." Came Luffy's retort.

"This isn't a game," Krieg snarled.

"Of course." I didn't think Luffy understood what Krieg was talking about, or maybe he did, and Luffy actually had a higher thought process than the rest of us.

"Did you hear even Krieg couldn't make it in there?" Voice interrupted the current conversation and cut right through the atmosphere it had generated. "I won't say anything bad so let's just give up on going there."

"Oh shut your mouth." Another voice responded.

We all turned around to see who was talking.

And sitting at a table was Usopp and Zoro.

"So Luffy are you about to start a rumble? Do you need a hand?" The swordsman asked.

"Oh hey, Zoro, Usopp. No, I don't, you just stay sitting down." Our Captain answered.

"Ha, those are your crewmates? They look like a rather small bunch." Came Krieg's mocking voice.

"What are you talking about I've got three more members."

"You just counted me in, didn't you?"

"Do not joke with me punk! I am Don Krieg Captain over five-thousand men and fifty ships. We were all decimated by that sea in seven days because we lacked information." That statement certainly brought forth a response from the others around me. "Even if your comments are just bluffs it shows how ignorant you are to reality. And if you keep spouting such nonsense I'm going to kill you after I've fed my men." He picked up the bag of food Zeff had given him. "I'm going to give you a final warning if you have not left before my men recover I'm going to kill you all. And if you still feel like defending your restaurant, when it will be my pleasure to end you." Krieg walked out of the restaurant, leaving Gin behind.

When Gin began to apologize for what happened, Zeff decided to quickly tell him that he was not to blame what happened, but it was the cook's own fault, for attacking Krieg.

When they quickly turned their aggression to Sanji and blamed him.

I just ignored the drama, as I didn't want to be apart of it and laid myself on furry stomach next to the table Usopp, Zoro and now Luffy was sitting at.

I only paid attention when Luffy asked Gin a question.

"Hey, Gin? You said you didn't know anything about the Grand Line, but you guys went there didn't you?" The rubber man asked.

"It just that I couldn't believe the truth, I couldn't believe what happened actually did, we had already suffered some damage, but then, but then he showed up." Gin said fearfully. "To think that the entire Krieg Amada was destroyed by single man."

"What Impossible!" Nearly everyone shouted at the same time.

"We had no idea what was going on, but our ships sank one by and if it hadn't been for the storm sending us out and through the Calm Belt. The main ship would have been sunk to. I don't know how many of our other ships survived. I don't want to think about it, I don't want to think about that Hawk-Eyed man slaughtering us all."

"What!" I heard Zoro exclaim.

And Zeff followed upon it. "Yes, that sounds like the work of Hawk-Eye Mihawk."

"Mihawk!" The cooks of the Baratie exclaimed.

"That was him you saw, wasn't it? Those eyes that glare right through the soul. If you only had given me a description, I wouldn't have believed you, but the fact he cut up all your ships confirms it was him." Zeff spoke.

"Hawk-Eye Mihawk whose that?" I heard Usopp ask.

"Beats me." Came Luffy's unhelpful answer.

"He's the guy I'm looking for," Zoro replied.

"Oh yeah, didn't Johnny say something about that?" Luffy asked.

"Yeah, but I seem the idiot got his information mixed up, but now that I am aware that he's there I'm much more excited to go to The Grand Line," Zoro said with glee.

I could hear a conversation happen between Gin and Sanji, but Ignored it in favor of this one.

"Yeah, I can't wait to get there. Hey, Lobo are you excited for the Grand Line it sounds awesome?" Luffy asked me.

It was a rather simple question to answer. [I do Captain, and I can't wait there looks to be a lot of strong people there.]

"Still can't believe you made a wolf join us." Zoro. "No offense."

You get away with it, this time Zoro.

"Hey, Lobo is a smart wolf."

"You a bunch of idiots rushing to your death!" Came Sanji's remark to our conversation.

"That is true," Zoro said. "But could you remove the "Idiot" part from that. Ever since I decided to the greatest swordsman in the world, I threw away my attachment to life. The only one who has the right to call me an idiot is myself."

"Me too."

"As a real man, the same also goes for me."

"Liar."

"…Psh, what a load of crap." Sanji said in response to my crewmates.

Though the same could be said for me, since I decided to go with Luffy, there was a good chance I too would die.

"Haven't you retards realized the situation we're currently!" Patty yelled at us. "Outside is giant Galleon filled with Don Krieg's best officer's and the man himself who are currently-"

Bang

Patty stopped speaking as we all heard the sound of a gun going off, and then the sound of men yelling.

"They are about to attack all cooks get ready for combat," Patty ordered as he picked up a pitchfork to use, and I had no idea where he had gotten it from.

Swush.

I heard it.

The sound of wind flying by.

And then it all went crazy.

Boom

A loud boom followed the wind, and the ship began to tilt and move all over the place.

I heard the men now screaming.

I knew it.

He was here now, right on time.

Dracula Mihawk, The Strongest Swordsman in the world, was here.

Chapter 7 - Iron VII
Chapter Betaed by @Lazy Coyote
xxx
I tried to keep all of my paws steady as the force of Mihawk's swings tilted the Baratie.

I could hear Zeff shouting at cooks to pull up the anchor before the ship sank. I saw Luffy, Usopp, and Zoro run out of the restaurant out onto the side, to try and get the Merry, who was long gone now, what with Nami having taken the ship and set sail towards Arlong Park.

It seems that canon was moving along now.

I heard something being pulled out of the water, which was probably Yosaku and Johnny.

And it was, As I could hear them yelling what happened with Nami and how she took the ship.

Which then led on to Zoro cursing her, but Luffy promising to get her back because she was his navigator.

He then ordered Yosaku and Johnny to prepare their boat so that we all could go after her.

Which would, unfortunately, had to be delayed for the moment as in few minutes Zoro was about to go and get himself almost killed.

"Captain Krieg! He's here! The man who destroyed our fleet is here!" I could hear the Krieg Pirates scream in terror as they looked to the man standing on a goth-themed raft.

Mihawk.

I began walking outside, I didn't want to miss what was about to happen.

I walked through the restaurant door and over to the Baratie's railing where I could get a good look at Krieg's ship that Mihawk had just sliced up.

I walked out just in time to see Mihawk give his response to why he chased down and annihilated the Krieg Pirates.

"I wanted to kill some time." Came the cold and uncaring voice of John Gremillion.

Why was he so fucking cool?

As it was now I regretted not finishing that SI about Mihawk's daughter.

"That's bullshit!" A nameless Krieg Pirate shouted and pulled out two pistols, firing on Mihawk. It was, of course, useless, as the swordsman took the greatest blade in the world and changed the trajectory of the bullets.

Wow... like it was nothing.

Everyone looked stunned at the act, unbelieving of what they saw.

And then everything went like canon, for I had seen and read this event a thousand times over.

Zoro intruded onto the scene complimenting Mihawk on his sword handling skills and challenged Mihawk to a duel.

Mihawk, of course, called him an idiot for challenging him, and that he was too weak to stand at his level.

And just like in canon Zoro got his so-called duel and was promptly annihilated by Mihawk using a letter opener.

But his tenacity and his unshakable resolve managed to win Mihawk's respect, and he used the Black Blade to finish Zoro off and giving him his iconic chest wound, as he refused to bear scars on his back as it was a mark of shame upon a swordsman's body.

It was a sentiment that both Mihawk and even Whitebeard shared with Zoro.

And then came the reactions of Zoro losing to Mihawk, with Luffy trying to attack him in response. Of course he was quickly denied, and they had a quick conversation where Luffy told him that he would become Pirate King.

Then Zoro, having been fished out of the waters by Yazuko and Johnny, made his vow to Luffy that he would never lose again.

"-never lose again! Is that okay with you, Pirate King?!" Zoro swore his oath to Luffy.

"Shishishi! Nope!" Luffy answered.

And after that I couldn't help but smile. Truly going with them was the best decision I had ever made in my pathetic little life.

"You two appear to make a good team. Never let that will of yours waiver, and I will see you in the New World!" Mihawk spoke!

And then he made eye contact with me.

I felt my very soul be judged by those hawk-eyes of his, and then the feeling promptly disappeared as he broke eye contact with me. And Mihawk began walking back to his raft.

That the hell was that?

And that was then Krieg decided to be a fucking moron and tried to actually Intimidate Mihawk. Which would have worked if he was actually intimidating.

"HOW ABOUT YOU DIE BEFORE LEAVING!" Krieg roared, firing a hail of bullets at the world's strongest swordsman.

I was actually starting to think that Krieg had lost it, what he was doing had worked so well earlier.

"You never learn, do you?" Mihawk took out the Black Blade again. "Farewell." He said and swung the sword, creating an explosion of water around him due to the air he had pushed away, recking Krieg's Galleon even more, and when it went down, Mihawk was gone.

Wait, how the fuck did he do that!?

He was completely gone!

And again I had to ask how the hell he had pulled an Udini on all of us.

"Usopp! Go on ahead!" Luffy yelled at the sniper.

Usopp nodded, culling his hands to shout back. "Zoro and I will definitely bring back Nami! So you and Lobo make sure to get us a cook!" Aw... thanks for including me Usopp. "And when we're all together let's go to the Grand Line!"

"Shishishishi!"

I made my way over to where the others were.

"Hmph. The pests are coming out now." Sanji lamented as he lit a new cigarette.

"Hey old man, if I chase them away, will you let me off the hook?" Luffy asked from his spot on the railing.

"Whatever, do as you wish."

And that was my time to step in. I wanted to take this opportunity to prove myself as a combatant.

[Captain.]

Luffy turned his head towards me. "Hey Lobo, what is it?"

[I would like permission to fight Krieg. This place has been my home for the past ten days, and he is threatening it.] I really hoped Luffy would let me. I wanted to rip Krieg's stupid face into pieces. And if I won, I could prove to myself that I could do this, that I was strong.

"Well, I wanted to beat him up..." Oh... guess I can't then. "But sure Lobo! You can fight him if you want to!"

[Thanks Captain, I won't let you down!]

"Hey, what are you two talking about?" Sanji asked, and I saw that the cooks were staring.

"Lobo asked if he could beat up Krieg. I gave him permission to do so." Luffy answered.

"Well, that will be a one-sided fight if I've ever seen one." Thanks Sanji! "So let go beat up the rabble while Lobo beats Krieg into the dirt."

With that, I jumped off Baratie and onto a large piece of Krieg's ship that would be able to carry me. And conveniently it was the piece that Krieg also stood on.

"Is this a joke? Are you mocking me boy?!" Krieg raged as he ignored me and looked at Luffy.

We aren't, you're doing a good enough job of that yourself.

"You're sending your pet to fight me? And you call yourself a Captain, have you no knowledge of how pirates fight? The Captains should always fight each other!" Yeah, that was complete bullshit.

"I wanted to fight you, but Lobo asked if he could since you're going to destroy the place he calls home, and so I let him," Luffy answered from where he still hung on the railing.

"Fine, then I fight him, and I kill him, and then Boy I'm going to kill you and the rest of your pathetic crew." At that, I saw Luffy's face warp into rage for a split second.

Krieg? You just fucked up.

"You do not have to fight for us Lobo we can take care of our self!" I heard Patty shout. "Sabagashira 1 is for action!"

I saw the fish head of the Baratie detach and that it became active. I also saw the fins come up and create the fighting platform.

"Now die, Krieg!" Patty roared. "Take this! Makarel Charge!" And when they at full speed and hoped to crush Krieg with it. But such a thing didn't happen, as Krieg just stopped the Sabagashira with a single hand.

"I'm sick of tired of all these interruptions, men board the ship and take it over!" Ordered Krieg, and he then grabbed the pedal ship and threw it back to the Baratie with strength I didn't remember he actually had.

I might actually have a bit of a problem fighting him.

And as the Sabagashira was about to hit the restaurant it was kicked away by Sanji.

"It seems I have to bring out the big guns to," Krieg stated. "Emerald! Pear! Take care of the cook in black and the Strawhat wearing brat."

Wait who the fuck is Emerald? I thought and when I heard someone leaving the water.

I didn't get to see who it was before Krieg attacked me by firing his guns.

I quickly shifted my body from flesh to metal and my tail into a specific one.

At the moment I could change my body into different my body into different metals at the same time, but any more and my form failed and turned back to normal.

[Magnesium Needle Spray!] I shouted my attack and fired a hail of metal needles from my now prehensile tail.

Krieg shielded his face with his arms to block the needles, but I had made them so pointy and fired them so fast they pierced his armor in various places.

A now the funny thing about magnesium is that when exposed to air and a right amount of heat it would begin to burn.

And I would say piercing gold at high speed made plenty of heat.

I couldn't help but smile as the Magnesium Needles began to burn.

And Krieg started to scream as the hot metal burnt the skin beneath his armor. But it was quickly over as he doused himself with water, putting out the fire.

I changed my tail back to steel.

"You damned mutt, I can see that you're above most animals and that you have a good grasp of your Devil Fruits power." What was he getting at? "And I hate talent go to waste. So I make you a deal, how about you kill the Strawhat Boy and join me instead, so that you help take over the oceans, and you can have a place at my side."

Did he seriously just say that? He had to be joking there was no way he was serious?

I looked him in the eyes I saw that indeed, he was serious.

He had just suggested that I should betray Luffy and join him. Like Luffy was some weakling.

Heh.

Heheh.

Heheha!

HAHAHAHA!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I laughed like a maniac (which sounded weird as a wolf) because what the hell!? This was fucking rich! How else was I going to react?!

It was... funny.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Ha.

I'm going to tear him apart.

It seemed that he had taken my reaction as an outstanding no. "Fine then! Mutt, meet the power of my Great Battle Spear!" Krieg shouted as he took off the shields on his shoulders and slammed them together producing a shaft and spearhead. "Now get ready to die! I will break that metal body of yours!"

I'm gonna kill him.

I didn't want to use this so soon, but Krieg had pissed me off enough that I didn't really care.

This was not going to be a fight, this was going to be an execution.

My steel body started to change as I began to apply force on the metal I was composed of and manipulate it to different forms, so long as I stayed in the shape of a Wolf.

I was so glad that Wildbow had made Hookwolf a thing or I would never have thought of doing this. First time I ever thank a Nazi for anything.

A second later my wolf body was composed of spinning Hooks, blades, and Sickels. Ready to rend flesh and bone.

[Hookwolf!]

I rushed at Krieg, but he managed to get over his surprise quickly and swung his Battle Spear at me.

It exploded the moment it hit, but it was useless as it only pushed me a little to the side. Under any normal circumstances, I would have absorbed the metal that composed the spear, but that would have required deactivating Hookwolf.

So I just rushed him again, and this time Krieg did an overhead strike.

I dodged to the left and struck.

This fight was already over.

For with my power I held a massive advantage against most opponents.

This was no exception

My Hooks and Sickles tore into his golden armor and ripped it into pieces.

I deactivated Hookwolf, but I kept my metal form on.

I acted quickly and used my left forepaw to push Krieg onto his back.

And now to end him-

No... I wouldn't kill him, but I make him wish he was dead.

I manipulated my steel fur and called upon some the metal reserves I had managed to gathers.

Then my coat sent four steel stakes into his knees and elbows.

"ARGHH!" Krieg screamed in pain as I staked in him to his broken ship, removing all possibility of him using his limbs ever again.

"How dare you!" I heard an unfamiliar voice shout. "Feel the power of my Emerald Splash!"

Cue fishman.
and i wonder if you can do the whole "open a hole in you before your opponent hits, let their arm go through, line the inside of the hole with spikes, then close the hole" thing?

Not sure it was needed, considering that Pearl and Gin were both there for Sanji and Luffy to face... but considering that Kreig was beaten like a Nazi's Ginger Step-Child?
Yeah, I can see why he would create someone more... balanced for him to face.

Although, even if reduced a rank or two, as the Hessian Lobo, until they hit the grand line, there really wouldn't be many challenges... even without his broken Devil Fruit... I mean, this guy had Berserker level Stats if I recall. A+ Strength and Agility and B Endurance.
Plus all his Crit Increasing skills, both Passive and Active, and other such things?
Yeah. Even if everything was reduced due to not having the Rider, and him not actually being a Heroic Spirit... he is still BROKEN AS FUCK, even in the One Piece Verse.
As he is right now, he would probably be able to, if truly going with the intent to win/maim/kill, match up against anyone up to the Alabasta foes with no real concern. Including the Movie Verse foes.
Only exception would be Smoker and Crocodile due to Logia BS... POSSIBLY. What with him working on getting Haki already, he MIGHT be able to face them, and if not, there might be some Nasuverse crap allowing him to bypass that. Like the Dragon Teeth Warriors of Medea capable of hitting even Astralized Servants, I would not be surprised if the Hessian Lobo had something similar to him with one of his abilities... and if not, his Noble Phantasm should definitely work. I can totally see Crocodile just stand there as he brings out a scythe to cut off his head without a care in the world... and then actually die because it is a Conceptual attack that truly decapitates him, bypassing his Logia powers like they weren't there.

Back