The Tournament in Heaven [Wild Talents 2e] [OOC/Recruiting]

Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

After the passage of a thousand years, the tournament once again must take place to maintain peace within the Celestial Realm.
OP

Muhkat Lomorki

Draconic Sorcerer
A hundred thousand years ago, there was a war in the Celestial Realms, splitting it into Heaven and Hell. By the end, only three pantheons remained: the Celestial Chorus, the Hive Queens, and the Hell Kings. A treaty was arranged between the surviving gods, to quell the flames: they would no longer fight each other, but rather hold a tournament once a millennia where mortal champions would fight each other. Which ever pantheon won would gain dominance over the mortal world for the next thousand years, controlling which Pantheons are allowed access.

For the past ten tournaments, the Celestial Chorus has been the victor, maintaining their rules of non-interference. However, recent centuries have caused rapid change, and their winning streak may be in jeopardy…

You are one such mortal, selected to battle in a tournament unlike any other. Will you succeed in your effort, or will you witness the birth of a new era?

Pantheons

The Celestial Chorus

The Celestial Chorus is a council of Seraphs, each equal in power to a star. They follow the teachings of their ancestors within the Heavens and create grand cities from marble and gold with massive gardens upon paradise worlds. They believe that Humanity shouldn't be interfered with and that beings from the Celestial Realm must keep to themselves. They look for people who believe strongly in the law and would agree with them.

The Hive Queens
The Hive Queens are, as their name implies, powerful insect-like beings who are the manifestation of a hivemind. They are united by shared goals and desires: to unite the world and bring an end to war. However, their solutions are often either too naive, such as giving warring factions empath powers and expecting that to be enough to keep them from killing each other, or too authoritarian, such as directly controlling the minds of politicians and leaders to force peace treaties and prevent further conflicts. They seek people who have suffered from war or desire peace as badly as they do.

The Hell Kings
The Hell Kings are the various rulers of hell, collectively. They are the most at odds with each other, and as a result their realms are chaotic and varied, but usually unpleasant. What they want is unclear but it is generally agreed upon to be bad for humanity. This means they have to offer deals to their champions, choosing people who are either self-interested or desperate. However, they do fulfill their promises, even if they lose.

Rules
-1. Maintain standard RP conduct and uphold the rules of the Sufficient Velocity forum. AKA, don't be hateful or a jerk!
-2. Your character may have up to 500 points. This will let them get pretty strong, if you play your cards right.
-3. The number of players allowed is 5, with a minimum of 2. Each player can have only one active character at a time, but can create backups if they want to.
-4. Challenges do not have to strictly be just combat; as long as it's a contest that both parties agree to, it's considered valid.
-5. Feel free to make up any details about the world that you think might be fun, such as countries, notable landmarks, or historical figures.
-6. If you don't own Wild Talents 2e but want to join, describe what sort of powers you want your character to have and I or someone else can help workshop them.

Character Sheet
Name:
Species:
Pantheon:
Image/Appearance:
-Source:
-Permissions:
-Intrinsics:
Stats
Body:
Coordination:
Sense:
Mind:
Charm:
Command:
Loyalty:
Passion:
Willpower:
Base Will:
Skills
Powers
Background Info

Deity:
Occupation(s):
Nationality:
Backstory:
Player Characters
Rika : @LucidProp

Last edited:
For clarification purposes, are the price multipliers for Hard and Wiggle dice applied before or after Extras and Flaws?
Name:
Species: Dragon/Human Crossbreed
Pantheon: The Hell Kings
Image/Appearance:

Archetype: Mutant (5p after mods)
-Source: Genetic
-Permissions: Power Theme (5p, Immortal Dragon, Inhuman Stat (3p, Body), Peak Performer (5p)
-Intrinsics: Inhuman (-8p)
Stats 125p
Body: 1d (5p)
Coordination: 5hd (50p)
Sense: 1d (5p)
Mind: 3d+2hd (35p)
Charm: 2d (10p)
Command: 4d (20p)
Loyalty: The Hell Kings (1)
Passion: Dragonkind (5)
Willpower: 6
Base Will: 6

Skills: 54p
Athletics 1d (2d+10hd)
Block 1d (2d+10hd)
Brawling 1d (2d+10hd)
Endurance 1d (2d+10hd)
Dodge 5d (5d+5hd)
Stealth 5d (5d+5hd)
Perception 1d (2d+5hd)
Know: Botany 2d (5d+2hd)
Know: Computers 2d (5d+2hd)
Navigation 2d (5d+2hd)
Survival 2d (5d+2hd)
Tactics 2d (5d+2hd)
Intimidation 1d (5d)
Leadership 1d (5d)
Stability 0d (10hd)

Powers: 316p
Eternal Life (16p, 2hd, Miracle, Qualities: UU. Capacity: Self/Self.
-Useful 1 (Immunity to Aging): Permanent (+4), Self-Only (-3), Always On (-1).
-Useful 2 (Self-Heal Width Killing and Shock damage from every Hit Location at the end of each round): Engulf (+2), Permanent (+4), Self-Only (-3), Always On (-1), Go Last (-1), Full Power Only (-1).)

Inviolate Constitution (160p, 10hd, Miracle, Qualities: DU, Capacity: Self/Mass.
-Defends (Pseudo-HAR 10): Interference (+3), Permanent (+4), Native Power (+1), Always On (-1), Willpower Bid (-1), Full Power Only (-1).
-Useful (Misc. Immunities): Permanent (+4), Self Only (-3), If/Then (-1, Only for Variable Effect), If/Then (-1, Variable Effect is only for immunities), Variable Effect (+4), Natural Power (+1), Always On (-1), Willpower Bid (-1), Full Power Only (-1), Mental Strain (-2).)

Dragon's Breath (20p, 10hd, Miracle, Qualities: AA, Capacity: Ranged/Ranged.
-Attacks 1 (Acid): Burn (+2), Engulf (+1), Spray 1 (+2), Horrifying (-1), Obvious (-1), Slow (-2), Willpower Bid (-1).
-Attacks 2 (Overcharged): Disintegrate (+2), Engulf (+1), Radius (+2), Speeding Bullet (+2), Backfires (-2), Full Power Only (-1), Horrifying (-1), Mental Strain (-2), Obvious (-1), Slow (-2), Willpower Bid (-1).)

Draconic Form (40p, 10hd, Body Hyperstat, Qualities: ADU, Capacity: Mass/Self/Speed.
-Attacks (Melee): Deadly (+2), Permanent (+4), Native Power (+1), Always On (-1), Limited Damage (-1, Killing), Touch Only (-2), Willpower Bid (-1).
-Defends (LAR 10): Armored Defense (-2), Hardened Defense (+2), Permanent (+4), Native Power (+1), Always On (-1), Willpower Bid (-1), Full Power Only (-1), Attached (-2, Inviolate Constitution).
-Useful (Winged Flight): Native Power (+1), No Physics (+1), Depleted (-1), Locational (-1, Torso), Obvious (-1), Self-Only (-3), Willpower Bid (-1).)

Draconic Senses (20p, 5hd, Perception Hyperskill, Qualities: U, Capacity: Self.
-Useful (Enhanced Senses): Permanent (+4), Native Power (+1), Always On (-1), Full Power Only (-1), Locational (-1, Head), Willpower Bid (-1).)

Unshakable Ego (60p, 10hd, Stability Hyperskill, Qualities: D, Capacity: Self.
-Defends (vs mental and spiritual effects): Interference (+3), Permanent (+4), Native Power (+1), Always On (-1), Full Power Only (-1), Locational (-1, Head), Mental Strain (-2), Willpower Bid (-1).)

Background Info
Deity:
Occupation(s):
Nationality:
Backstory: Wished for a resurgence of all types of Dragonkind in the world, bloodlines and species alike, living and extinct, and struck a bargain with The Hell Kings to make it so. Her existing bloodline was empowered significantly to improve their odds of actually winning the tournament, causing her to mutate far more visibly than the few easily hidden scales she previously had... (Backstory tbc)

Last edited:
For clarification purposes, are the price multipliers for Hard and Wiggle dice applied before or after Extras and Flaws?
After, which is how it is usually done.

To explain, the cost of a single die is modified by extras and flaws to a minimum of 1. This means 10hd power that costs 4 points per die would be worth 80 points.

Last edited:
Not very familiar with this system, but I did my best according to the copies of the rulebook that I have. Far as I understand it, we shouldn't be rolling more than 10 dice at any time, and a Wiggle Die costs 16 points each.

General concept is a person so dedicated to an art or sport, they begin to embody the tool of the trade. In this case, it's swordsmanship, but rather than become a peerless master, they start becoming the tool they use instead in a figurative sense.

Incredibly deadly in a fight, able to cut even without a sword so long as they have something sharp (like their fingernails), but unfeeling and useless otherwise since a sword can only do one thing, and that is to cut extremely well.

Name:
Species: Human
Pantheon: The Celestial Chorus
Image/Appearance:
Archetype: Super-Normal
  • Source: Driven
  • Permissions:
    • Peak Performer (5 pts)
    • Hypertrained (5 pts)
    • Power Theme - Swordsmanship (5 pts)
    • One Power (1 pt)
  • Intrinsics:
    • Custom Stats - Without Command (5 pts)
    • Custom Stats - Without Charm (5 pts)
    • No Base Will (-10 pts)
Stats
  • Body: 5wd (80 pts)
  • Coordination: 5wd (80 pts)
  • Sense: 5wd (80 pts)
  • Mind: 5d (5 pts)
  • Charm: N/A
  • Command: N/A
  • Loyalty:
  • Passion: Cut the immaterial and slice the intangible. The pinnacle of swordsmanship is the severance of the practitioner's own humanity.
  • Willpower: N/A
  • Base Will: N/A
Skills
  • [Body] Melee Weapon (Sword): 5wd (80 pts)
  • [Body] Endurance: 5wd (80 pts)
  • [Coordination] Dodge: 5wd (80 pts)
Powers
  • Embodied Blade
    • Extra/s: Permanent (4 pts)
    • Flaw/s: Always On (-1 pt), Self Only (-3 pts), If/Then (-1pt)
    • The Melee Weapon (Sword) Skill applies to all physical contests so long as a bladed object is in hand.
Background Info
  • Deity: N/A
  • Occupation(s): Unemployed
  • Nationality:
  • Backstory:

Any critique on if this is a valid build and what I got wrong with the system is appreciated since I had to do this late at night!

Not very familiar with this system, but I did my best according to the copies of the rulebook that I have. Far as I understand it, we shouldn't be rolling more than 10 dice at any time, and a Wiggle Die costs 16 points each.

General concept is a person so dedicated to an art or sport, they begin to embody the tool of the trade. In this case, it's swordsmanship, but rather than become a peerless master, they start becoming the tool they use instead in a figurative sense.

Incredibly deadly in a fight, able to cut even without a sword so long as they have something sharp (like their fingernails), but unfeeling and useless otherwise since a sword can only do one thing, and that is to cut extremely well.

Name:
Image/Appearance:
  • Permissions:
    • Peak Performer (5 pts)
    • Hypertrained (5 pts)
    • Power Theme - Swordsmanship (5 pts)
    • One Power (1 pt)
  • Intrinsics:
    • Custom Stats - Without Command (5 pts)
    • Custom Stats - Without Charm (5 pts)
    • No Base Will (-10 pts)
Stats
  • Body: 5wd (80 pts)
  • Coordination: 5wd (80 pts)
  • Sense: 5wd (80 pts)
  • Mind: 5d (5 pts)
  • Loyalty:
  • Passion: Cut the immaterial and slice the intangible. The pinnacle of swordsmanship is the severance of the practitioner's own humanity.
Skills
  • [Body] Melee Weapon (Sword): 5wd (80 pts)
  • [Body] Endurance: 5wd (80 pts)
  • [Coordination] Dodge: 5wd (80 pts)
Powers
  • Embodied Blade
    • Extra/s: Permanent (4 pts)
    • Flaw/s: Always On (-1 pt), Self Only (-3 pts), If/Then (-1pt)
    • The Melee Weapon (Sword) Skill applies to all physical contests so long as a bladed object is in hand.
Background Info
  • Deity: N/A
  • Occupation(s): Unemployed
  • Nationality:
  • Backstory:

Any critique on if this is a valid build and what I got wrong with the system is appreciated since I had to do this late at night!
You don't need to put points into Power Theme: Swordsmanship if you just have one sword-themed power. Also, for that matter, I think it would better as a Hyperbody with an if/then attached to it. It also should be noted each capacity (attacks, defends, useful) is it's own part of the power.

After, which is how it is usually done.

To explain, the cost of a single die is modified by extras and flaws to a minimum of 1. This means 10hd power that costs 4 points per die would be worth 80 points.
Y'know what? When i started typing this reply, i was going to ask a couple of smaller, related questions... but at this point it's probably easier to just repost my current WIP powers and ask if there's anything rules-illegal, incorrect, or unnecessary about it.
Eternal Life (12p, 2hd, Miracle, Qualities: UU. Capacity: Self. Utility: (Immunity to Aging): Permanent (+4), Self-Only (-3), Always On (-1). Utility (Self-Heal Width Killing and Shock damage from every Hit Location at the end of each round): Engulf (+2), Permanent (+4), Self-Only (-3), Always On (-1), Go Last (-1), If/Then (-1, While Wounded Only), Full Power Only (-1))

Draconic Might (210p, 5hd, Body Hyperstat, Qualities: ADDUU, Capacity: Mass/Self/Self/Self/Speed. Attacks: Deadly (+2), Permanent (+4), Native Power (+1), Always On (-1), Locational (-1, Arms), Touch Only (-2), Willpower Bid (-1). Defends (Pseudo-HAR): Interference (+3), Permanent (+4), Native Power (+1), Always On (-1), Willpower Bid (-1). Defends (LAR): Armored Defense (-2), Hardened Defense (+2), Permanent (+4), Native Power (+1), Always On (-1), Willpower Bid (-1). Utility: Permanent (+4), Self Only (-3), If/Then (-1, Only for Variable Effect), If/Then (-1, Variable Effect is only for immunities), Variable Effect (+4), Natural Power (+1), Always On (-1), Willpower Bid (-1). Utility (Winged Flight): Booster (+1, Speed=400yrds), Native Power (+1), No Physics (+1), Depleted (-1), Locational (-1, Torso), Obvious (-1), Self-Only (-3), Willpower Bid (-1).)

Y'know what? When i started typing this reply, i was going to ask a couple of smaller, related questions... but at this point it's probably easier to just repost my current WIP powers and ask if there's anything rules-illegal, incorrect, or unnecessary about it.
Eternal Life (12p, 2hd, Miracle, Qualities: UU. Capacity: Self. Utility: (Immunity to Aging): Permanent (+4), Self-Only (-3), Always On (-1). Utility (Self-Heal Width Killing and Shock damage from every Hit Location at the end of each round): Engulf (+2), Permanent (+4), Self-Only (-3), Always On (-1), Go Last (-1), If/Then (-1, While Wounded Only), Full Power Only (-1))

Draconic Might (210p, 5hd, Body Hyperstat, Qualities: ADDUU, Capacity: Mass/Self/Self/Self/Speed. Attacks: Deadly (+2), Permanent (+4), Native Power (+1), Always On (-1), Locational (-1, Arms), Touch Only (-2), Willpower Bid (-1). Defends (Pseudo-HAR): Interference (+3), Permanent (+4), Native Power (+1), Always On (-1), Willpower Bid (-1). Defends (LAR): Armored Defense (-2), Hardened Defense (+2), Permanent (+4), Native Power (+1), Always On (-1), Willpower Bid (-1). Utility: Permanent (+4), Self Only (-3), If/Then (-1, Only for Variable Effect), If/Then (-1, Variable Effect is only for immunities), Variable Effect (+4), Natural Power (+1), Always On (-1), Willpower Bid (-1). Utility (Winged Flight): Booster (+1, Speed=400yrds), Native Power (+1), No Physics (+1), Depleted (-1), Locational (-1, Torso), Obvious (-1), Self-Only (-3), Willpower Bid (-1).)
Looks good!

I should note I'm not that much of an expert on the game; I believe @DragonCobolt knows more about it.

Some notes on where you'll be fighting:

The arena where the fighting happens in is a 100x100 meter square field with 60 meter tall marble walls that are 10 meters thick, split into four 20x20meter pools divided by tungsten walls.

These pools each contain a hazardous substance, which is as follows (going counter clockwise from NW):
-Molten Gold
-Ocean Water
-Hydrochloric Acid
-Liquid Nitrogen

20 meters up there is a circular platform with a radius of 25 meters that floats above. The terrain on the platform is variable, dependent on the given contest. However, it usually appears as a marble stage with thick pillars surrounding a central statue of a heroic figure.

The arena has a force field instead of a ceiling, which is visible as a crackling golden electricity. Anyone who tries to fly out will be instantly vaporized on contact.

(Let me know what you think might make this more interesting!)

Last edited:
Ok, the mechanical half of my sheet should be complete. Just working on the fluff now... Are we expected to create our own deity wholesale?
Edit: I stand corrected. Noticed an error which freed up a surprising amount of points...

(Let me know what you think might make this more interesting!)
Sounds like there's a distinct lack of places for people to take cover behind.

Last edited:
Example Deities
Example Dieties

This is a list of some example deities. While it's intended that you create your own deity, here are some that you can use if you want.

Mikal
A messenger to mortals, who communicates with them when it is necessary to.
Appearance: a broad-shouldered man who cuts a lithe figure, like a Hellenistic statue come to life. This comparison is especially apt due to his smooth white skin and locks of golden hair, which fall down to his chest. However, with his six fiery wings each with eight eyes and his regular eye sockets instead being filled with orbs of solar energy, he can still be terrifying to encounter to the unprepared.

Relik
Relik is the record keeper of the Celestial Chorus and keeps track of ongoing events.
Appearance: A floating golden cube whose surfaces are inscribed with glowing angelic runes that shift and change surrounded by floating golden eyes.

Vespulana
Pantheon: The Hive Queens
Vespulana is the hivemind for a species of wasp-like beings. As she is a warrior goddess, and thus both seeks to being an end to war but is not equipped to prevent it.
Appearance: A muscular three-headed wasp woman with the familiar gold and black chitins. She wears a crimson dress with a golden lion's pelt cape and bronze bracers.

Schlegrim
Pantheon: the Hell Kings
Schlegrim is the master of a frozen realm, occupied by killer penguins, giant seal monsters, and frost devils. Beneath the icy surface is freezing water, and above it vicious winds, meaning there is very little plant life.
Appearance: A royal penguin that rides upon a six-legged orca, who has arms instead of fins.

(@Ryumancer also I just realized it probably would be a good idea to separate your hyperbody from your breath attacks and flight, as well as to create a simple "draconic form" power which the more expensive dragon powers are attached to.)

Last edited:
I think I'm failing to understand how power costs are calculated. Say I'm trying to make a passive buff that's always on and applies to all physical actions:

Embodied Blade
  • Dice Pool:
  • Power Quality: Attack, Defense (+2 pts/dice), Useful (+2 pts/dice)
  • Power Capacity: Self
  • Extra/s: Native Power (+1 pt/dice), Permanent (+4 pts/dice), Augment (+4 pts/dice)
  • Flaw/s: Always On (-1 pt/dice), If/Then (-1 pt/dice), Self Only (-3 pts/dice)
  • All rolls are augmented with 1hd so long as it's based on a physical stat or skill.
This would be calculated as:
  • 9 Base Cost (3 Power Qualities, 3 Extras, 3 Flaws) + 4 (Power Quality Modifiers) + 9 (Extra Modifiers) - 5 (Flaw Modifiers) = 17 pts per Normal Dice, 34 pts per Hard Dice, 68 pts per Wiggle Dice
Did I get the process right?

I think I'm failing to understand how power costs are calculated. Say I'm trying to make a passive buff that's always on and applies to all physical actions:

Embodied Blade
  • Dice Pool:
  • Power Quality: Attack, Defense (+2 pts/dice), Useful (+2 pts/dice)
  • Power Capacity: Self
  • Extra/s: Native Power (+1 pt/dice), Permanent (+4 pts/dice), Augment (+4 pts/dice)
  • Flaw/s: Always On (-1 pt/dice), If/Then (-1 pt/dice), Self Only (-3 pts/dice)
  • All rolls are augmented with 1hd so long as it's based on a physical stat or skill.
This would be calculated as:
  • 9 Base Cost (3 Power Qualities, 3 Extras, 3 Flaws) + 4 (Power Quality Modifiers) + 9 (Extra Modifiers) - 5 (Flaw Modifiers) = 17 pts per Normal Dice, 34 pts per Hard Dice, 68 pts per Wiggle Dice
Did I get the process right?
The Qualities would be each treated as their own separate power in terms of extras and flaws, and the number of extras and flaws doesn't matter to the base cost.

Here's an example of a power from the source book that is similar:
Aces (12)
Qualities: A D U.
Attacks Extras and Flaws: Augment +4, Willpower Cost –2. Capacities: Self.
Defends Extras and Flaws: Augment +4, Willpower Cost –2. Capacities: Self.
Useful Extras and Flaws: Augment +4, Willpower Cost –2. Capacities: Self.
Effect: You're lucky. Insanely, impossibly, miraculously lucky. In the resolution phase you can add aces dice to another action at a cost of 1 Willpower per Aces die, 2 per Hard Die, and 4 per Wiggle Die.
However, if you play your cards right, you can end up with it being potentially cheaper.

Also, augment has the following limitations:
If either power—the Augment power or the one you're augmenting—has Extras (besides Augment, of course) or additional Power Quality Levels, you have a choice. You can turn off the Extras and additional Power Quality Levels and add the dice pools together as above; or you can use all the Extras and Power Quality Levels from both powers but roll only the smaller of the two dice pools. The number of dice is all that matters here, not the types of dice; if you have a 6d pool being augmented by a 2wd Augment power, use the 2wd because that's fewer dice.
he Augment dice can only be added to a dice pool that shares Augment's Power Quality. Augment on the Attacks Power Quality can only boost attack rolls. Augment on the Defends Power Quality can only boost defense rolls. Augment on Useful can boost any action that is neither a defense nor an attack, at the GM's discretion.
Augment does not increase another power's Power Capacities. Always use the Power Capacities of the roll being augmented, not the power with Augment.
Still, keeping this in mind, it should still be quite useful.

(@Ryumancer also I just realized it probably would be a good idea to separate your hyperbody from your breath attacks and flight, as well as to create a simple "draconic form" power which the more expensive dragon powers are attached to.)
Ok, so, this is going to get a bit rambly, and probably tie into the price confusion Lucid has been having, so please bear with me a bit.

Draconic Might is currently set up the way it is as a matter of convenience, though I'm not 100% sure it's RAW legal because the rulebook is a bit of a mess that seems to skip over some things and go super redundant with others, while also spreading bits and pieces of critical info across multiple sections. First and simplest, it lets me use flaws in one part of the power to cheapen the whole power, and given the multiplicative nature of pricing, even a simple +/-1 ends up being a 20p swing when ten hard dice are involved, and that's part of why Might is only about half my budget. Secondly, and only tangentially related, I don't think I've actually seen the prices for regular stats, regular skills, and Miracle powers actually listed anywhere. Hyperstats and Hyperskills are priced in an aside on page 39, but I had to reverse engineer the Stat and Skill prices from the character index starting on page 309, and have stuck to modifying the premade powers starting on 140 to avoid having to reverse engineer Miracle dice prices too. I believe this to likely be the reason why stat and skill prices are different between my own sheet and Lucid's, and is also part of why I just melded as much as I could justify into Might. Third comes the reason I'm not entirely sure it's RAW legal, but is the other half of why I chose Might specifically as the power to handle all my Dragon shenanigans. On page 107, there's a small paragraph that talks about how Hyperstats and Hyperskills interact with the Power Qualities system, namely that Hyperskills have one quality which varies depending on the base Skill's purpose, while Hyperstats innately have Attacks, Defends, and Useful. It calls out that Hyperskills specifically can purchase extra Qualities at the usual 2p per Quality, and that both Hyperskills and Hyperstats can purchase Extras and Flaws and additional Capacities as per normal. You can normally infer from Hyperskills being explicitly allowed extra Qualities, while Hyperstats are not explicit, that Hyperstats are not allowed to buy them... However, I also don't see anything preventing it, and see no reason why it might be illegal aside from 'was not given explicit permission' to do something Miracles and Hyperskills already can. However, there is something we do know for certain: Hyperskills have Attacks, Defends, and Useful innately, each with their own Capacities, freely chosen by the player from among the standard options (which is to say, Mass or Range for Attacks, Self for Defends, and Mass, Range, or Speed for Useful) and can apply Extras and Flaws to those with impunity. Thus, I'm left with three Qualities and Capacities that I need to fill with something, and it would be entirely rules-legal to piece together something like my Acid Breath or Winged Flight effects on my Hyperstat, despite Acid Breath more typically being the domain of a Harm miracle, and my Melee effect being more logical in a hypothetical situation where I'm limited to just one A, one D, and one U. At first I was just trying to cram the Invulnerability pre-made Miracle in there, since I already had a 'spare' D and a U I wasn't sure what else to do with, but well, Draconic Might kinda just evolved from there once I'd realized that if I'm already purchasing an extra D to cram in Invuln, I might as well go the whole nine yards, y'know? And that carries us into point number four. Narratively, it just makes sense that the durability of my body, the strength of my Melee attacks, and the speed at which my Wings can move me around all scale off my Body Hyperstat. The Breath duo, I can see it being argued that they really should be a Harm Miracle instead... But they're also basically my main price reducers helping me even afford Draconic Might, and pricing is also the reason why I'm not actually taking advantage of the Inhuman Stat permission to have Body itself cranked up to 10HD with Draconic Might bumped down to only 1d... But actually, come to think of it, that should drastically reduce the price of Might, so I might actually be able to afford that dice swap AND split the Breath duo into a separate Harm Miracle...

Edit: I'm pretty sure I had a fifth point to make, but frankly, I've been rambling long enough that I don't remember what it was lmao. But if you can pull in more experienced players to help clarify shit, it'd be appreciated.

Last edited:
It took some serious finagling (and learning that the previous version of the Breath duo would have cost me negative 140 points if not for the minimum of 1p per die!), but Draconic Might has been split into Inviolate Constitution, Dragon's Breath, and Draconic Form.

Here's an example of a power from the source book that is similar:
Forgive me but I still don't understand. How is that a 12 cost power? The first quality is free so A has 0 cost. D and U are 2 cost each, and the total of each quality's extras and flawd is 2 cost each.

That makes for 4 (D&U) + 6 (Extras and Flaws) = 10.

Forgive me but I still don't understand. How is that a 12 cost power? The first quality is free so A has 0 cost. D and U are 2 cost each, and the total of each quality's extras and flawd is 2 cost each.

That makes for 4 (D&U) + 6 (Extras and Flaws) = 10.
The first Quality isn't actually free, by the looks of things. Miracles are priced 2 per quality per die, so you end up with 6 (ADU)+6 (Extras and Flaws), for a total of 12 per regular die, 24 per hard die, 48 per wiggle die.

Last edited:
I really just cannot figure this system out. I'm trying to make your typical anime sword fighter but the more I look up and read on how to stat things the more confusing it gets.

Can we or can we not put Wiggle and Hard Dice on normal stats and skills? Or is that only for Hyperstats and Hyperskills that will be put under Power? The wording on Permissions like Peak Performance seem to say we can, but then what are Hyperstats and Hyperskill powers for?

Last edited:
I really just cannot figure this system out. I'm trying to make your typical anime sword fighter but the more I look up and read on how to stat things the more confusing it gets.

Can we or can we not put Wiggle and Hard Dice on normal stats and skills? Or is that only for Hyperstats and Hyperskills that will be put under Power? The wording on Permissions like Peak Performance seem to say we can, but then what are Hyperstats and Hyperskill powers for?
I think only people with Peak Performance can have Wiggle and Hard die on there normal stats and skills, which is your character's stats without powers. However, Hyperstats and hyperskills are still very good since you can apply extras and flaws to them.

For example, if you want to be able to exert incredible physical power once every other turn, a Hyperbody can have a +2 Booster with Slow attached to it for less than the price as a regular Body die.

Not only that, but the regular stats all have a hard cap of 5 without inhuman stats, meaning you can't dodge bullets since that requires at least 7d Coordination.

WIP Character Sheet said:
Name: Rika
Image/Appearance:
  • Permissions:
    • Inhuman Body (3pts)
    • Inhuman Coordination (3 pts)
    • Inhuman Sense (3 pts)
    • Peak Performer (5 pts)
    • Power Theme [Swordsmanship] (5 pts)
  • Intrinsics:
    • Custom Stats [Without Command] (5 pts)
    • Custom Stats [Without Charm] (5 pts)
    • No Base Will (-10 pts)
Stats
  • Body: 10d (50 pts)
  • Coordination: 10d (50 pts)
  • Sense: 10d (50 pts)
  • Mind: 5d (25 pts)
  • Loyalty: The Celestial Chorus
Skills
  • [Body] Melee Weapon [Sword]: 10wd (80 pts)
  • [Body] Athletics: 3wd (24 pts)
  • [Body] Endurance: 5hd (20 pts)
  • [Coordination] Dodge: 10wd (80 pts)
  • [Sense] Perception: 5wd (40 pts)
Powers
  • Embodied Blade
    • Dice Pool: 2d (2 pts)
    • Power Quality: Utility (+2 pts/dice)
      • Power Capacity: Touch
      • Extra/s: Native Power (+1 pt/dice)
      • Flaw/s: Full Power Only (-1 pt/dice), If/Then (-1 pt/dice)
      • Effects: Any object, if used like a Sword, will exhibit the properties of a Sword and will count as one.
  • Blade That Parts
    • Dice Pool: 10d (60 pts)
    • Power Quality: Attack (+2 pts/dice)
      • Power Capacity: Ranged
      • Extra/s: Native Power (+1 pt/dice), Daze (+1 pt/dice), Traumatic (+1 pt/dice), Subtle (+1 pt/dice), No Physics (+1 pt/dice), Speeding Bullet (+2 pts/dice), Non-Physical (+2 pts/dice), Interference (+3 pts/dice)
      • Flaw/s: If/Then (-1 pt/dice), Horrifying (-1 pt/dice), Full Power Only (-1 pt/dice), Automatic (-1 pt/dice), Attached to Melee Skill [Sword] (-2 pts/dice), Delayed Effect (-2 pts/dice)
      • Effects: Every time an attack is made using Melee Skill [Sword], a fast moving and invisible cutting force accompanies the motion far past the physical component of the weapon itself. Alone, this is harmless, but after a certain number of hits are delivered, the damage manifests itself on the foe's body all at once, completely ignoring the durability of their armor. Anyone unfortunate enough to see this phenomenon or experience it for themselves is sure to be confused and horrified.
Background Info
  • Deity: Az'rel, The Great Divider
    • Pantheon: The Celestial Chorus
    • Appearance: Az'rel is commonly depicted as a robed, beggar-like figure, eternally hunched over a map, measuring stick in one gnarled hand and quill in the other.
    • Role: Az'rel is a deity of measurements and divisions, and of borders and separations. It is he who is responsible for deciding the ever-shifting borders of the Celestial Realms down to the exact millimeter, and it is through his divine will that "others" and "us" are defined.
  • Occupation(s): Mercenary
  • Nationality: Asatama
    • Situated on an isolated archipelago and flanked by oceans on all sides, the nation of Asatama is relatively young compared to its distant neighbors. Ruled by a then-princess and now queen on a spiritual journey, they have come to tame this wild land and have so far successfully established cities and towns on the coasts. Pushing further inland, however, has proven trying due to stiff resistance by the native creatures. In response, a budding warrior class has been established and along with them, many schools for the various military arts. While useful, whispers in the palace speak in worried tones as to whether Asatama's strict social hierarchy will survive this sudden addition into their calcified ranks.
  • Backstory: WIP

Finally finished this mechanically. I'm going with a few assumptions, but corrections are more than welcome!
  1. When adding stats and skills to peak human, I'm not using Hyperstat or Hyperskill costs since I'm not adding them to the Power Section. Instead, I'm adding them directly to the stat and skill sections. Thus, the costs for each dice in stats and skills follows what's stated in the reference sheet linked above.
    • Stat Costs: 5 pts per dice, 10 pts per hd, 20 pts per wd
    • Skill Costs: 2 pts per dice, 4 pts per hd, 8 pts per wd
  2. Hyperstats and Hyperskill costs under powers confuse me greatly. I'm still unsure how to do them exactly.
  3. The Always On Flaw must be paired with the Permanent Extra.
  4. If you have 10d on body, you can only have 10d on body skills, not 10wd or 5d + 5hd.
  5. 10d in Coordination means you can try to dodge bullets. A 5d + 3wd in coordination or a 5d in coordination + a 5d in dodge means you can't dodge bullets at all.

Last edited:
Finally finished this mechanically. I'm going with a few assumptions, but corrections are more than welcome!
  1. When adding stats and skills to peak human, I'm not using Hyperstat or Hyperskill costs since I'm not adding them to the Power Section. Instead, I'm adding them directly to the stat and skill sections. Thus, the costs for each dice in stats and skills follows what's stated in the reference sheet linked above.
    • Stat Costs: 5 pts per dice, 10 pts per hd, 20 pts per wd
    • Skill Costs: 2 pts per dice, 4 pts per hd, 8 pts per wd
  2. Hyperstats and Hyperskill costs under powers confuse me greatly. I'm still unsure how to do them exactly.
  3. The Always On Flaw must be paired with the Permanent Extra.
  4. If you have 10d on body, you can only have 10d on body skills, not 10wd or 5d + 5hd.
  5. 10d in Coordination means you can try to dodge bullets. A 5d + 3wd in coordination or a 5d in coordination + a 5d in dodge means you can't dodge bullets at all.
Number 2, the difference is that hyperdie and skills are powers and thus may not always be available or have a difference from a generic body die, as shown above. Still, listing them as part of the Body is something that is done in the rule book.

Number 4 is not true, and in fact you can even have more, although you don't roll them.

Number5, it's actually only 7d; a character Coordination 5d+3wd can definitely dodge a bullet.

Other than that, your right!

Last edited:
Wait, correction: you can dodge bullets at just Coordination 6d.

At 8d, you can catch arrows in flight without even rolling as long as they aren't aimed at you, and at 9d you can move faster than people can see.

Back