Soooo... wonder what will happen when people realize Victor tried to off a Ward? :evil:
Well, the effect of that is likely to be ambivalent, since he had no way of knowing she was a Ward. On the other hand Nazi, so a lot of people aren't going feel any obligation to be particularly charitable about it. Nor is Kaiser himself exactly a bastion of fair-mindedness.

That said I suspect that he has worse problems:

Did I just see Victor try to steal Taylor's divinity?
I think so, and Victor will be really lucky if the only consequences are a good scare.

Mmm~ 15k of peachy goodness~ And with Taylor demonstrating her claim to the Throne of Escalation quite nicely, by stomping the gangs' feeble attempts to escalate past her.

Ahh poor glen. Poor poor glen. I'm curious what happened to her clothes. Does she have some sort of aura that protects them or was she walking around in shredded clothes as she was hit a lot with bullets?
Considering Dragon made her current Uniform, my guess would be some sort of hyper-damage-resistant tinker tech material(s). Something that, short of dropping a nuke on her (maybe not that much, but you get the idea), won't be damaged, but on a normal person wouldn't offer much protection otherwise should they take a hit like she did from Squealer's hand-held Bass Cannon (Not sure what that thing actually was, but this is what I'm calling it in my mind).
Actually, her clothes wouldn't need to be made of anything particularly tough to have survived the bullets undamaged. Like any other flexible thing, clothes only tear if they are actually stretched far enough. If they are backed against something durable enough, such as Taylor herself in this case, the blunt force from something like a bullet won't be able to displace the cloth far enough to noticeably damage it.

If you need something to help you envision what I'm talking about, think of a piece of paper. If it's held taut with nothing behind it, you can hit it with something like a broom handle and tear a hole. If you set it flat against a table however, and hit it with your broom handle, the paper will be all but unmarked. Normally when a bullet hits someone, it will put a hole straight through the clothes and into the person. If the bullet can't penetrate the person behind the clothes at all though, it won't penetrate their clothes either.

This doesn't make the clothes completely immune to slashing and stabbing; a sharp enough point will go between the fibers of the cloth, and the actual cutting part of an edge will actually slice the cloth better if it's sharp enough. The impact part will still be dampened a lot by this effect though, and that's actually still almost all of the damage done by a slashing weapon. It just concentrates the force more on an edge; they would need to slide the blade against her afterwards to actually slice the cloth, and most bladed weapons aren't actually all that sharp for such thing because being that sharp means the edge is easily damaged and made dull.
Mn, there is both the heel of your foot and the heel of your shoe. Some shoes are referred to as heels, these are often shoes with raised heels. This has been your self designated Captain Obvious, signing off.
And just in case this wasn't clear enough and they still don't get it, the point of this is that shoes without raised heels do still have heels. As in, the back part of the shoe, is still called a heel.

Last edited:
Wait, when did that happen?
This scene:

There was silence for a full five seconds before the body armoured cape among the E88 raised the large rifle in his hands and fire. The round tapped her between the eyes like Emma once had during sleepovers to wake her up. Despite the utter lack of effect everyone, E88 and Merchant, opened fire on her. Like a deluge bullets washed across her form. Pattering off her shoulders, hips, and chest like miniscule drops of water off of a tin roof. Her eyes met the original shooter. Emerald green eyes met blue across a hundred meter gap and-

Waves rippled and rolled to the horizon as storm clouds blocked out the stars. A thousand sparks lit the world and a single silhouette stood upon an island amidst fields of corn and the towering smokestacks of industry. Above it all rose a tree whose branches and leaves formed the grinning head of a fox whose teeth were spread wide to swallow-

Taylor blinked and shook her head. Bullets whizzed through the hairs of her tail and pattered off her body before the guns clicked empty. She frowned down at them. Pushing aside whatever that had been, she had a fight to end. "Fine," she said at the top of her lungs, "We do this the hard way."
The guy in body armor was probably Victor, and her having such a sudden and symbolic vision implies something happened.

And just in case this wasn't clear enough and they still don't get it, the point of this is that shoes without raised heels do still have heels. As in, the back part of the shoe, is still called a heel.
And because jumping into hype trains is fun, the correct word to use in that situation would have been stiletto or high heel, as they designate shoes that have higher than average heels and force the feet of the wearer into the awkward position which produce the effect Pinklestia was referring to.

This chapter has been seriously long time coming. Im not sure if it was worth all the build-up considering literally every other chapter before it was dragging its feet with frankly over-detailed worldbuilding but it WAS a good fight scene Ill give you that.

Eh, I never understood why ankle pain is suppose to be sexy.
High heels were originally designed for persian cavalry, to allow one to more easily stand in the stirrups to fire a bow. Later this was adapted for lancers in England with the added benefit of
1. Showing you were wealthy enough to own and use horses enough to need them
2. Increase height to make one look more impressive
3. Show off the calves better, which was considered a man's charm point at the time (yes they were for men)

Last edited:
High heels were originally designed for persian cavalry, to allow one to more easily stand in the stirrups to fire a bow. Later this was adapted for lancers in England with the added benefit of
1. Showing you were wealthy enough to own and use horses enough to need them
2. Increase height to make one look more impressive
3. Show off the calves better, which was considered a man's charm point at the time (yes they were for men)

And none of that explains why people think ankle pain is sexy. Let alone risking a broken ankle or two. It can be easy enough to land wrong normally. And it's possible to break your ankle doing so. Trust me, I am well aware of that fact. High heels can be bad if they are narrow. But stilettos are especially bad due to their height and the narrowness of the heal.

I'd imagine the original design for high heels required them to be something you can walk in without risking damage to your foot, and that they had a closer resemblance to "cowboy boots" then modern high heels.

Back