The One Hundred Girlfriends Who Really (X5) Love You

Harry Leferts

Suave Shadow Cabal Kaiju
Kind of amazed that this doesn't have a thread yet. Anyways, the manga is getting an anime and I personally can't wait to see how they handle it.

Long story short, the male MC, Rentaro, has been rejected by one hundred girls in his lifetime. Despite how it sounds, it is not because he's a creep or anything as the girls all like him... as a friend. But when they try to imagine being more, they actually feel ill. So he goes to a shrine and prays for a girlfriend, only for the god there to show up and reveal that he kind of screwed up with Rentaro where he will meet his destined ones in high school... yes, "Ones", as in one hundred girls. And as it turns out, if he doesn't get together with them, they'll die (and he might as well).

It is funnier than it sounds as it does not take itself seriously and often breaks the fourth wall. The manga itself is now at 25 girls, and each one hits a specific trope for harem manga. It also often pokes fun at the genre as a whole as well. Yet, oddly, the mangaka (who is a woman) actually pulls it off and they all feel like their own characters and get chapters and the like focusing on them.

As for the anime, seems that they're focusing on the first five of the girls:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KayIGbeILyQ

Yet, oddly, the mangaka (who is a woman) actually pulls it off and they all feel like their own characters and get chapters and the like focusing on them.
Nakamura never gets any credit. Not even in some of the fourth wall breaks. :V While I do get the vibe Nozawa has a lot of story input, he is technically the writer.

LETTTTTSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am a HUGE fucking fan of this series, been reading it since chapter 2. It has it's downsides, but on the whole it's merits outweigh the demerits.

My favorite fluctuates. Given this season will likely only cover the first handful, I find Shizuka to be fantastic. Her entire introduction chapter was incredibly sweet and romantic.

Nano is also hilarious, and Karane gets props for being the best depiction of a tsundere I've seen.

I'm a big fan of the series and I been refreshing the series on YouTube hoping for more fan content. But I only have the analysis videos and reaction videos that I constantly relistened to more than 5 times already.

My top 3 reactors that I wish will react to the series are AliciaxLife, Teeaboo, and Semblance of Sanity.

I really hope Season 2 airs in Fall later this year so I have something to look forward to.

Back