The Last Two Games You Played Swap Player Characters

Muhkat Lomorki

Draconic Sorcerer
As the title says, the last two games you played swap theirvplayer characters with whatever gear, Abilities, attributes, etcetera they have, which have been fitted into each other game as well as they possibly could be.

How does this change things?

Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey.

Somehow I don't think they'll do that well in the other's game.

Quake 4 and Into the Breach.
I feel Quakeguy will be rather useless in the Breach, but the trio of time-travelling mech pilots and the blueprints will not only be of use in the Strogg war, but actually can make a radical turn.

Kazuma Kiryu goes to rapture... the saving little girls part stays the same either way.

Chitose and the VangNex are... kind of overkill for the world of the Tomb Raider reboot. And Lara Croft either asphyxiates in space and dies or sits out the whole plot safe nestled inside of the Yamato, carried to victory almost single-handedly by the Mazinger Zero before Earth Fleet Tenku goes universe-punching to track down Chitose.

Aer Memories of Old and Mafia III. So Auk takes one look as the segregated and corrupt 1960's notNew Orleans and then turns into a bird and peaces out. Maybe Auk eventually founds a little hippy commune somewhere far away from the insanity of the 1960's south. Lincoln Clay takes to the peaceful, quiet, and slowly collapsing post apocalypse of Aer like a brick to water. He has spend his whole life fighting and it will take a long time to find calm even in an entire world that shows with every instant the damages that fear and thirst for power bring and an apocalypse that is coming thanks to the fear and emptiness in the hearts of humans.

From a pure gameplay perspective there is nothing for Lincoln to shoot and Auk only can fly and interact with super specific puzzle elements that don't exist in Mafia III. They simply can't meaningfully interact with each other's game world.

Far Cry 5 and Monster Hunter World.

In Hope County, Montanna: "Hey, uh, Rookie? Why are you sewing bear hides to your gun? That's... kind of weird."

"Because you don't even have monsters worthy of the name in this land, so I might as well use these dumb bears to do the job instead. And why are all your weapons so small and dainty? I need something that actually fits in my hands. Like, honestly, what even is a pistol? Why does it exist?"

In the New World: "Um, wow. I know we're supposed to find new uses for all the plants and animals here, but I don't think you're supposed to be getting high off them."

"I'm going to wrassle a T-Rex!"

"That's not a T-Rex, that's a- ugh, never mind, you do remember this is a research expedition, right?"

"Wee! Let's ride that dragon looking thing!"

"Never has the title of 'Handler' been so appropriate."

Note: Haven't really gotten too far in Monster Hunter.

Last edited:
Touhou Tenkuushou ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons and Elise the Devil.

One's a bullet hell shoot 'em up game with an all girls cast... the other is a Steam VN Hentai game. Well, the Touhou girls are far from being powerless, but still...

Elise/Iris wouldn't have much trouble in Gensokyo, assuming she's in her full power. Even without it, Gensokyo is a paradise for the supernatural so as long as she didn't start shit, she'll be fine. But she'll probably start some shit, and will get some stern talking from Yukari.

Last edited:
Trainer Red will traverse a dying landscape, surviving and enduring unimaginable conditions, in order to save the world.

The Champion of Ash will gleefully play with magical creatures and enjoy a chance for a happy, uncursed life.

Someone's getting the raw end of the deal here. Dark Souls 3/Pokemon Fire Red.

:eyebrow: So Mazdamundi, Lord of the Solar City in his incarnation from TW:W2 is replaced with the nameless player insert character from Terraria: Calamity? Somehow, I don't think he'll do very well against the horrors that run loose in Calamity, unless we're taking his lore feats into account. And even then I doubt his ability to take on the Jungle Dragon, Yharon or the Devourer of Gods. The Terrarian, on the other hand, would be a brokenly powerful fighter in Total War. Between her sheer speed and offensive firepower, there really isn't much that would be able to threaten her directly.

To be more specific, I had been playing The Blue Planet mod for Freespace 2 and Ace Combat Zero.

... So basically, Things stay exactly the same in Blue Planet, up until Delenda Est. Things probably go worse in Ace Combat Zero and it probably has you join AWWNB

The protagonist in Plazma Burst 2: Void just shot to death all my Human opponent's creatures, destroyed all his other permanents, and lowered his life to 0 in Magic Duels with a Plazma Rifle CS - Deathbloom and a variety of other weapons, while my opponent was unable to harm me because I had cheats enabled.

FreeDoom and Civ5

Ummm... I guess those early game conquests will go more smoothly.

The Boss in Skyrim: "I confess, I never expected to see a dragon beaten to death with a purple dildo."

The Dragonborn in Steelport: "What do you mean, 'I took Killbane's soul so I could enchant a new helmet'?"

FFXII and FFXIV. So really not a lot of difference, depending on whether the FFXII crew count as having the Echo, or at least some way to protect themselves from Primal tempering. If nothing else, they have the same godslaying credentials as the Warrior of Light.

They might be surprised to see Rabanastre a smoking ruin (thanks to Garlemald) populated by horrendous monsters (thanks to something mysterious that isn't Garlemald). Also the Ridorana Lighthouse is going to be the next raid dungeon in the upcoming patch, so there may be some PTSD to work through. And of course, with a new setting comes new political intrigue. At least the whole idea of the Evil Empire encroaching upon their neighbours is a familiar one, although Garlemald is rather more terrible than Archades.

Meanwhile, the Warrior of Light will very likely not notice anything strange, other than the maps have changed. They can likely do exactly what they have been doing previously, ie go clear out dungeons and hunt Centurio marks. Any attempts by the Occuria to influence them is probably going to fail, assuming the Echo works normally.

Back