The Cloverfield Paradox

helnae

Mlem~
Pronouns
She/Her

So this just dropped on Netflix, literally right after the Super Bowl. My partners got me to watch it because of course, and I have to say my time wasn't wasted.

I do wonder, though,
what the heck was up with the arm?

This was a very unexpected thig-I didn't even know it was being made.

Im still not sure what related 10 Cloverfield lane has to the time ine containing this and the original movie, but this was a good oe.

In the era of Netflix, I'm surprised they haven't made a TV series showing events on earth during the 'event'

what the heck was up with the arm?
I wanna say it was the ship hoping to kill Mundy with his own arm but considering how it's never seen again after that scene who knows

Maybe Clover's just whatever grew from the arm ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Watched it last night and it's basically "Black Mirror, the Movie!"

A series of mostly disconnected scenes copying other horror movies, especially Prometheus, Alien, Insidious, and The Evil Dead, with an overall plot that didn't really make sense but worked well enough from moment to moment. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it in general; good special effects, especially the stuff with the arm, and workable acting. Wouldn't watch it again though.

As I watched this movie with company the most recurring comments were "What is happening and why" and "okay so what's next because at this point literally anything can happen" and "so after 80 minutes of Event Horizon the climax is just a crazy person with a gun".

Absolute waste of time, only better than The Open House because this movie still technically had a plot. Netflix please stop making movies.

Also what the fuck was happening with Chris O'Dowd's character because he genuinely seemed to have wandered in from a completely different movie and nobody was giving him any direction otherwise.

As I watched this movie with company the most recurring comments were "What is happening and why" and "okay so what's next because at this point literally anything can happen" and "so after 80 minutes of Event Horizon the climax is just a crazy person with a gun".

Absolute waste of time, only better than The Open House because this movie still technically had a plot. Netflix please stop making movies.

Also what the fuck was happening with Chris O'Dowd's character because he genuinely seemed to have wandered in from a completely different movie and nobody was giving him any direction otherwise.
Netflix didn't make this movie. They bought it from Paramount

Yeah, I enjoyed it, but it certainly didn't come together as a film. The Earth subplot and the resulting ending pissed me off, though.

What really bothers me though is that blatantly ignores the potential of it's premise to be a fairly by the numbers space survival flick.

Back