The Celestial Menagerie

Yeah, something went wrong with organizing the names of the creatures and the costs of each of them got mixed up completely. I thought I corrected it but it seems I messed it up. Sorry about that.
Glad to know it's just that.
I'll probably continue reviewing once I finish the chapter i'm currently writing.

Here is a list of all the stories that are currently using the Celestial Menagerie.

Please message me directly if I am missing any and I'll edit them in.
Anyone aware of any new CM stories I can add to the list? I feel like lately I'm always late on finding them so I'm wondering if there is any at all that I'm missing.

Last edited:
For the Resource Network power, can you convert one magical resource from one summon into another magical resource for another summon?

Like, convert Chakra into Mana?

For the Resource Network power, can you convert one magical resource from one summon into another magical resource for another summon?

Like, convert Chakra into Mana?
It's difficult to answer that. Different settings have different explanations for their magical source of energy. And in some cases no explanation at all. Sometimes they have the same name but may act very differently. Does Aura from Pokemon can be substituted for Aura from RWBY? No, idea.

Concerning Chakra, I guess you could say that the Yin component of Chakra could be used to fuel recharge Mana.

Do you guys think that the Lovecraft mythos is a good category to make? I'm surprised we don't have Cthulhu in the menagerie.
Maybe? The main limitation is more on the side of the resources available. Is there a good enough wiki?
I did include the Shoggoth (Lovecraft) in Various but I didn't look deeper in the wiki.

It's difficult to answer that. Different settings have different explanations for their magical source of energy. And in some cases no explanation at all. Sometimes they have the same name but may act very differently. Does Aura from Pokemon can be substituted for Aura from RWBY? No, idea.

Concerning Chakra, I guess you could say that the Yin component of Chakra could be used to fuel recharge Mana.

So it's mostly up to an author's interpretation on how they think certain systems would mesh together and be equivalent?

My line of thinking: Consider that health/damage itself using Resource Network is a very meta-concept. There's no such thing as a health bar in real life. But one of the main uses of Resource Network is to ferry around the damage between summons to have a pseudo shared health pool. I was thinking that in much the same way that an animal summon can share the burden of a laceration or a damaged organ to a robot summon; it would be sharing the damage to an armor plate or their internal components. Thus, carrying over that logic that some of these differences between creatures is sort of just handwaved during conversion, that mystical pools of energy like mana and chakra would just sort of convert the resource on trade like the previous example.

In the health comparison, organic tissue and cells would be healing while the metal armor and components of a robot would suddenly be under strain. Health is health after all, and thanks to video games, it's a concept that's been very gamified.

I guess, chakra to mana was a more extreme example. Maybe it's easier to convert Pokemon Aura to Naruto Chakra, or TES Magicka to Elden Ring FP to keep the mystical resources more similar? Resource Network definitely doesn't let you convert one creature's Endurance into another's Health for example.

Maybe? The main limitation is more on the side of the resources available. Is there a good enough wiki?
I did include the Shoggoth (Lovecraft) in Various but I didn't look deeper in the wiki.
There are other wiki that describe a bit more in depth on the creatures like the Hounds of Tindalos on the monster wiki. I'm going through each creatures and choose which wiki page that describes the creature more in depth.

So it's mostly up to an author's interpretation on how they think certain systems would mesh together and be equivalent?
As always.

My line of thinking: Consider that health/damage itself using Resource Network is a very meta-concept. There's no such thing as a health bar in real life. But one of the main uses of Resource Network is to ferry around the damage between summons to have a pseudo shared health pool. I was thinking that in much the same way that an animal summon can share the burden of a laceration or a damaged organ to a robot summon; it would be sharing the damage to an armor plate or their internal components. Thus, carrying over that logic that some of these differences between creatures is sort of just handwaved during conversion, that mystical pools of energy like mana and chakra would just sort of convert the resource on trade like the previous example.

In the health comparison, organic tissue and cells would be healing while the metal armor and components of a robot would suddenly be under strain. Health is health after all, and thanks to video games, it's a concept that's been very gamified.
That's en excellent ways to look at it.

I guess, chakra to mana was a more extreme example. Maybe it's easier to convert Pokemon Aura to Naruto Chakra, or TES Magicka to Elden Ring FP to keep the mystical resources more similar? Resource Network definitely doesn't let you convert one creature's Endurance into another's Health for example.
Yes converting Endurance into pure Health would probably be going too far.

There are other wiki that describe a bit more in depth on the creatures like the Hounds of Tindalos on the monster wiki. I'm going through each creatures and choose which wiki page that describes the creature more in depth.
That works just fine.

Hey zagan any info on the table i made considering i dont really do these kind of things, it would nice to know what you think about it.
I'm sorry I haven't had time to look at it in depth.
That said concerning the presentation it's top notch. The note looks good and you even put in a header.
I still need to check the entries themselves but that's all.

@HangedMan12 Hello. I finally got around to checking the entry for your Project Moon category.
If removed a number of entries that were undead, mutated human, or both.
I changed a few cost too but nothing major, the prices fit in the majority of the cases.
Still, on the whole, it's a very good category with very original creatures.

I do have questions about two entries.

The Silent Orchestra: Why does your note mention time resetting? (When summoned The Silent Orchestra Performs for 5 minutes, when the performance ends time resets for you to the moment of its summoning.) I can't find any mention of time manipulation in the wiki. But I may have missed it because I'm not familiar with the game.

Headchicken: In a similar vein I don't understand the notion of control in the note. (The Headchicken can control any humanoid if its body fits over their head.) I didn't see anything like that.

Could you clarify?

@HangedMan12 Hello. I finally got around to checking the entry for your Project Moon category.
I changed a few cost too but nothing major, the prices fit in the majority of the cases.

The Silent Orchestra: Why does your note mention time resetting? (When summoned The Silent Orchestra Performs for 5 minutes, when the performance ends time resets for you to the moment of its summoning.) I can't find any mention of time manipulation in the wiki. But I may have missed it because I'm not familiar with the game.

Headchicken: In a similar vein I don't understand the notion of control in the note. (The Headchicken can control any humanoid if its body fits over their head.) I didn't see anything like that.

Could you clarify?
May I ask what entries you removed? I didn't see the original list so I don't know what ones were on there that qualified as such, I may be able to offer corrections on some of them as Abnormalities are uh, weird.

As for Silent Orchestra resetting time, I have no idea. It has the ability to stop some forms of time manipulation, but doesn't seem to be able to do them itself. They might just be taking the ability to un-do your energy quota to its extreme, but that still feels like a stretch.

For the Headchicken's controlling people, it's basically their whole shtick, but it's not part of their game mechanics. You can fight enemies they are already controlling but they don't take control of your characters during gameplay or anything like that. I updated the wiki page to account for it.

Actually reading over the category some more, there's some things missing I could fill out, if you and @HangedMan12 were okay with it.

Last edited:

Could you clarify?
Well my idea with The Silent Orchestra with the whole timeloop stuff is more of its symbolism of what it represents, wich is an Ever-repeating performance. Honestly in my opinon The Silent Orchestra whole thing besides huge AoE mind damage is that it is a progress deleter, in Lobotmy Corp it removes all your energy quota wich is wen it happends the player usually restards the game because of gameplay mechanics and in Library of Runia if it gets to the Finale it just heals all allies full. Abnomalites all represents things an in my opinion The Silent Orchestra theme is repetition its E.G.O wepon and the main conductor is named Da Capo wich means "from the beginning". You could also just change it to heal all allied summons and refund all expiert summons every 5 minuts if thats makes more sense. Timeloop stuff is a rather prevelent theme in Lob Corp so i thought it fits well with the thing that pretty much forces you to reset the whole day.

Headchicken got explaint by Dolly but yeah they posses pepole by covering of the head they pretty mutch a worse starro that is more fight kapable.

Also i would like to know what you mean with too human or undead, i kinda left out most humanoid Abnos that are not fan favorite and the only undead looking one would be One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds and that Abno is literally Jesus, so yeah he looks undead allright. I thought since Abnos a Concept given form it would be plenty exotic.

May I ask what entries you removed? I didn't see the original list so I don't know what ones were on there that qualified as such, I may be able to offer corrections on some of them as Abnormalities are uh, weird.

As for Silent Orchestra resetting time, I have no idea. It has the ability to stop some forms of time manipulation, but doesn't seem to be able to do them itself. They might just be taking the ability to un-do your energy quota to its extreme, but that still feels like a stretch.

For the Headchicken's controlling people, it's basically their whole shtick, but it's not part of their game mechanics. You can fight enemies they are already controlling but they don't take control of your characters during gameplay or anything like that. I updated the wiki page to account for it.

Actually reading over the category some more, there's some things missing I could fill out, if you and @HangedMan12 were okay with it.
Shure you can if you want to i dont mind i left out allot of Abnos and Beings on porpuse since project moon loves their corruption, like a ton of abnos or the Pallid whale wich im kinda cluelles how to emplement since no mentaly stable person would use these summons. Trashcrabs and the other Canto 4 robots could also be added but they seem so pedestrian compared to other stuff you know. But yeah feel free to add stuff.

Last edited:
Let me check.
Scorched Girl: It's the ghost of a dead girl. It should be self-explanatory.
Der Freischütz: It's not clear but I'm pretty sure it's a cursed human hunter or a zombie one, or both.
The Dreaming Current: It's a sick little boy transformed into a horrific shark with two mouths and legs instead of a tail.
King of Greed, Knight of Despair, Queen of Hatred, Servant of Wrath: Magical girls. Yeah, that's all.
Melting Love: This one I hesitated. The wiki really isn't clear (and the game too I think) it's made of melted human flesh. And inhabited by the ghost of a girl. But it is not the same one as the flesh. I think.
Brazen Bull: There's a human inside the bull. That's constantly in pain.
Alleyway Watchdog: It's a Frankenstein wolf with a human grafted to it. So undead and human.
Well my idea with The Silent Orchestra with the whole timeloop stuff is more of its symbolism of what it represents, wich is an Ever-repeating performance. Honestly in my opinon The Silent Orchestra whole thing besides huge AoE mind damage is that it is a progress deleter, in Lobotmy Corp it removes all your energy quota wich is wen it happends the player usually restards the game because of gameplay mechanics and in Library of Runia if it gets to the Finale it just heals all allies full. Abnomalites all represents things an in my opinion The Silent Orchestra theme is repetition its E.G.O wepon and the main conductor is named Da Capo wich means "from the beginning". You could also just change it to heal all allied summons and refund all expiert summons every 5 minuts if thats makes more sense. Timeloop stuff is a rather prevelent theme in Lob Corp so i thought it fits well with the thing that pretty much forces you to reset the whole day.
I see. Like Dolly say it's kind of a stretch. But I'm not against it. I may need to reword the note a little so it's clearer but if it's lore appropriate.
I'll think about it. Thanks.

Headchicken got explaint by Dolly but yeah they posses pepole by covering of the head they pretty mutch a worse starro that is more fight kapable.
Okay, thank you both. I'll change the price to 300 then. Mind control is rarely under 300 in the CM because I think the ability to control someone is much more potent than the ability to juts kill someone.

Shure you can if you want to i dont mind i left out allot of Abnos and Beings on porpuse since project moon loves their corruption, like a ton of abnos or the Pallid whale wich im kinda cluelles how to emplement since no mentaly stable person would use these summons. Trashcrabs and the other Canto 4 robots could also be added but they seem so pedestrian compared to other stuff you know. But yeah feel free to add stuff.
The Category is not finalized, I'm willing to accept more entries. no problem.

Also i would like to know what you mean with too human or undead, i kinda left out most humanoid Abnos that are not fan favorite and the only undead looking one would be One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds and that Abno is literally Jesus, so yeah he looks undead allright. I thought since Abnos a Concept given form it would be plenty exotic.
For One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds my interpretation was that it was a spirit/fae/djinn or something that inhabited the skull. In that case, the skull is just an item. What I mean by undead is more zombie, ghoul, vampire, liches and so on. A few exceptions exist in the CM but they are few and far between.
As for the no human rules. It's more no "player-race" to borrow a D&D term. I mean no human, no Elf, no dDwarf, no Asari, no Klingon. It's mostly to avoid "civilized" creature.

Is the link on "skilled critter" broken or is my laptop just deciding to act up? I've been trying to open it for the past few hours

Is the link on "skilled critter" broken or is my laptop just deciding to act up? I've been trying to open it for the past few hours
There's no link for this entry. It just represents smart animals that help the hero in Disney. Like the mice that help Cendrillon or the fish and crab that follow the little mermaid.

Edit: In case you can't see it there's a note for this entry.

"When summoning a creature you can give it the ability to talk and think. It becomes as smart as an average human. It also gains a random skill in which they are adequately trained. These tend to be towards hobbies, or mundane activities such as farming, or knitting. You can only have one creature affected at times. If you apply this power to a creature on multiple different occasions, it always possesses the same mind and skill."

Let me check.
Der Freischütz: It's not clear but I'm pretty sure it's a cursed human hunter or a zombie one, or both.
The Dreaming Current: It's a sick little boy transformed into a horrific shark with two mouths and legs instead of a tail.
King of Greed, Knight of Despair, Queen of Hatred, Servant of Wrath: Magical girls. Yeah, that's all.
Melting Love: This one I hesitated. The wiki really isn't clear (and the game too I think) it's made of melted human flesh. And inhabited by the ghost of a girl. But it is not the same one as the flesh. I think.
Alleyway Watchdog: It's a Frankenstein wolf with a human grafted to it. So undead and human.

So the problem is that they look human or undead? Since all abnos a really just human concept given form its all aesthetic theming.
Scorched Girl: Is the little matchstick girl that burned her self so she would not freeze to death so yeah burned ghost.
Der Freischütz: A Man cursed by Devil to kill his loved ones every seven shot so he became a Demon/Fiend/Devil himself.
Brazen Bull: Is based on the myth of its name so yeah person inside that in constant in pain is part of it.
These three are all Storys/Legends made form so they look the part of the story.
The thing is these Abnos where never really people in that sense they dont really have a past before coming/being-made in the facility.
The Dreaming Current: Its story is about a drugged up kid and is under the Trauma catagory so its either about fear of drug-abuse or child-abuse i dont really know. In the wiki story section i also says "The Abnormality seems to either be the child himself or a manifestation of the child's experiences and love for the ocean." wich doesn't change the fact that it is a concept made manifest so it never really was a kid it just adopted the story/past of one. There is also Dream-Devouring Siltcurrent wich is an aberration of Dreaming Current, this abno has no clear origin so i should be fine I personaly just didnt want to but aberrations wich a differnt versions of the same abno in the list if i allready have the original in the list. So yeah feel free to just replace it if you want.
The Magical girls: I thought would be fine since they all have monster forms, Knight of Despair also has one even though she just becomes more spiky and spooky. They themself say they come from a different world and the origin on the wiki says nobody knows how they arrived in the facility. The fact still stands are still Abnos so they are concept given form, wich is magical girl storys and contrasting emotions Love/Hate, Happiness/greed, Hope/Despair and Courage/Wrath.
Melting Love: Well the slime itself was a waste product of an unknown experimernt and it seams to eats everything that isnt bone and replaces it with more slime so i wouldnt call it melted flesh. And the Girl you mentiont i think you mean the person in the story? Because the second she started melting she was just another mindless slime on its way towards its creator. The Form this Abno takes is to further show its suggention/charismatic ability as it is easy to lower your guard infront of a cute slimegirl instead of a huge blob.
Alleyway Watchdog: Yeah the Frankenstein comperesen makes sense since the body itself is just a meatpuppet for the current that controls the body and its based on animal experimentation with electric shocks wich inspired frankenstein. All i can say that it is a concept given form so yeah no animals were hurt in creating this abno :smile:.
Thanks for clarifying.

Let me check.

I see. Like Dolly say it's kind of a stretch. But I'm not against it. I may need to reword the note a little so it's clearer but if it's lore appropriate.
I'll think about it. Thanks.

Okay, thank you both. I'll change the price to 300 then. Mind control is rarely under 300 in the CM because I think the ability to control someone is much more potent than the ability to juts kill someone.

The Category is not finalized, I'm willing to accept more entries. no problem.

For One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds my interpretation was that it was a spirit/fae/djinn or something that inhabited the skull. In that case, the skull is just an item. What I mean by undead is more zombie, ghoul, vampire, liches and so on. A few exceptions exist in the CM but they are few and far between.
As for the no human rules. It's more no "player-race" to borrow a D&D term. I mean no human, no Elf, no dDwarf, no Asari, no Klingon. It's mostly to avoid "civilized" creature.
So the big thing about Abnormalities is that, depending on how you interpret the Lore, either none of them or all of them were once human.

They are essentially concepts and stories given form. The Scorched Girl isn't a real girl who died and her ghost is being contained in this facility, she's the story of The Little Match Girl. Der Frieschutz isn't the Freeshooter from the story, he's the story of The Freeshooter.

The work that really drove all of this home has unfortunately been removed from canon at its artists request, but to put it simply, Abnormalities are literally beings dredged up from a physical manifestation of the human collective consciousness, representing things such as Fears, Fairytales, and major Events. Their Abnormality Story is generally something like a "script", a backstory engraved into them when they are created that determines how they act, and Abnormalities can't really think "outside of" the script.

Abnormality-like creatures that were once human is actually a whole separate category of creature, known as Distortions

There is also Dream-Devouring Siltcurrent wich is an aberration of Dreaming Current, this abno has no clear origin so i should be fine I personaly just didnt want to but aberrations wich a differnt versions of the same abno in the list if i allready have the original in the list. So yeah feel free to just replace it if you want.
Considering Aberrations can be drastically different from the original Abnormality, they really should be included.

Back