Dining room: 11e

Kitchen: 7g

Strange room: 7n

Garden: 1j

Library: 11s - Hidden studies: 16r

Stairway to second floor: 10u - Second floor: 3B

Servant's Bedroom: 9A - Master's Bedroom: 4u

Hidden trapdoor: 13v - Florence's Lab: 16B

In Stoniness mansion, a party was taking place with seven guest (nine if you count the fact that one of the guest brought his daughter and maid to the party). Ronald Knox (grid 13b) was sipping a glass of wine watching as a few guests argue with Florence (grid 11h) on which wine is better. Mr. Harris (grid 11i) was arguing that Burgundy was better while Jameson (grid 10i) disagrees and says that Barbera is better. Stephen (grid 10b), who was sitting far away from them, disagreed with the both of them and declared that a good bottle of Sherry hits the spot good. Elaine (grid 15i) was trying to find where Florence has placed her piano (at her last visit she remembers there being one). Vincent (grid 5r) was in Florence's Master Bedroom reading her private library. Dr. Thomas (grid 9c) was smoking a nice pipe of tobacco with a pile of ash at his feet. Ribbon de Luc (grid 7i), Mr. Harris' daughter, was peeking into the kitchen as Alice (grid 7g), Florence's maid, was cooking in the kitchen. Ms. Agatha (grid 9p), Mr. Harris' maid, was reading a book on astrology.

The time at the moment was 8:34 PM and it was a nasty rain storm outside. Thunder cracks with it flashes of rage and the rain mercilessly but futilely tries to break into the window. Then a lightning strike hits a back part of the mansion and the lights went out. Confusion and tripping ensued. Alice had to grab a lamp to find the emergency power supply her mistress built hidden just underneath the wooden floor in the dining area (grid 13o). Upon removing a floor board and pulling the switch on however the lights revealed that Florence, in the same spot, dead as she seemed to clutch at her throat. Jameson and Mr. Harris, being the closest people to her, stared at her with confusion and fear. It was then that Alice shouted to call everyone into the dining room.

Thus sets the stage for one of the most deadliest yet most bizarre murder mystery these folks will ever experience.

"Cazzo, No No No! What is happening!" Jameson has not been prepared for this, attacks on himself perhaps, but not on others, especially someone who had been standing right next to him.
Truth be told he had intended to simply call me to this event to prove to the high class society that he wasn't dead, and then slip back into his study when all was said and done, it couldn't be helped that the people here had such poor taste.
Taking the opportunity he smoothly pulled his glasses out of his pocket and slipped them onto his face, looking wildly around the room for any hint of what was happening.

The aged, Mr. Harris du Luc, went ghastly pale at that bit- no, this infuriating woman's sudden and horrible demise. Only Agatha's sudden shriek of terror snapped him out of his shock, Ribbons, wasn't she. . . ?

Finding his strength returning to him, the Frenchman bellowed with authority. "Agatha! Get my daughter out this room this instant!" In all too southern drawl. The maid, as if awakening from a horrible nightmare, quickly ran and spirited away the confused child: Ribbons du Luc, who only tilted her head in confusion on why the really nice lady looked like that. . . (19i)

Harris might have quite a few faults of his own, but he refused to ever allow his beloved daughter to be tainted by something so horrible and evil, such as this.

"This doesn't appear to be natural. . ." If that wasn't obvious enough, he might as well just say we have a murderer amongst us. But who, and more importantly why?

Last edited:
Vincent had initially been annoyed when he'd been called to the dining room along with the other guests just as he was enjoying one of the rarer books in Miss Florence's library, a book that he reminded himself to see if he couldn't acquire once this tragedy was over, but that annoyance faded into nothingness upon seeing the Lady of the house's corpse. Now there was only sorrow and pity for those who truly knew the deceased, he had after all merely been attending on behalf of his father, mixed with a bit of artistic joy at the opportunity to record such raw emotions for his next novel.

As such the young author situated himself at the edge of the scene (9l) diligently observing the reactions of each other guest, down to the smallest details and recording them in his notebook.

Stephen Nathaniel Walsh II was no stranger to witnessing the death of others, but gosh darn it, that was on the battlefield, not on the dinner table. Such impoliteness went against all common manners, removing the poor soul's [Honor] before death. Sure the blasted woman was wrong about so many things, but that hardly deserved death. It was impossible to choke that fast, not without foul play.

For the memory of her father, his dear friend, he would settle this with her murderer and settle things like a true gentleman. By which he meant he would tan his hide like a nudist left in the desert. Climbing from his seat with a grunt of effort, he limped his way over to the body. If he could figure out how she died, then perhaps that might be a clue to who killed her. Good thing there was a Doctor within present company.

"No... No..."

Elaine looked at the body of who was once Florence. The woman was... difficult to get along with. The shattered remains of a wine glass in the corner of the room she was in was a testiment to that. But this...

"Did anyone see anything?" She asked, conserned. She wrung her hands as she looked around the room, looking for anything out of place.

Besides the body, of course.

"Did anyone see anything?" She asked, conserned. She wrung her hands as she looked around the room, looking for anything out of place.
"I'm afraid not... The blackout completely blinded us, when the lights came back on she was already dying..."

Jameson was sure of only one thing, for her to have started dying so quickly, with no obvious injuries...
This had to have been a [Stand] attack.

Ronald's eyes widened as he saw the corpse in front of him, and he took a step towards it. His shoes crunched into glass beneath his feet, the remnants of a shattered wineglass he had dropped in the dark, but he paid it no mind.

There was a light in his eyes, that didn't burn a moment ago.

"She's dead." Ronald noted. "But... How did she die? She was healthy, so it couldn't be illness or anything like that. She was fine before the lights went out, and dead when they came back on..."

He took a moment to circle around the corpse, watching it.

"Hands reaching for the neck..." He pondered. Was she choking to death? Was she eating something that went down wrong?

If so, how did she choke on something so quickly? It takes a while for oxygen deprivation to start being lethal, and the lights hadn't been turned off for too long. Perhaps it was some form of poisoning, that had an exotic effect that involved a choking sensation? She hadn't shown symptoms prior to the lights going off, and the timing was rather convenient, but the theory couldn't be ruled out, not in the world in which the supernatural existed...

Would Eight's ability be able to work to divine a cause of death?

...Well, perhaps that should be held in reserve. There was too much suspicious about Florence's death, and if foul play wasn't involved, he would be surprised. There was no need to reveal his hand in front of everyone and make himself suspicious. Once people knew that Eight could divine facts, they'd never believe what he said on it's limitations, not with how suspicious he was. And if a killer thought he was able to divine who killed someone...

Well, they had already killed once. What was one more, to keep a secret?

"We need to establish a cause of death." Ronald spoke up. "She was reaching for her throat, so it seems as if she had choked on something, but a human should be able to last at least a small amount of time before dying like that..."

Besides the body, of course.
"Unfortunately not, I was upstairs trying to enjoy a rather rare book when the lights went out." Vincent said not looking up from his writing, if he was going to use this in a novel it wouldn't do to be but a passive observer in the events that were unfolding. Idly he pondered if he should include [ ] in the narrative, but ultimately decided against it as he'd prefer to keep [ ] a secret.

"We need to establish a cause of death." Ronald spoke up. "She was reaching for her throat, so it seems as if she had choked on something, but a human should be able to last at least a small amount of time before dying like that..."
The writer smiled as Ronald was the first to truly take charge of the situation, the man was already distinguishing himself from the other characters. Now it just remained to be seen if he would be the hero of the story, fade into the background, become yet another victim or maybe there'll be a plot twist and it'll turn out he's the killer.

"That would be best although if she was murdered then we have to ask the question, who is the killer?" Vincent pointed out, more than willing to play his part in the narrative "With the lights going out any one of us could have done it."

Alice walked over to the corpse (grid 11g) and looked over her former mistress's condition. She crouched down and reached out to touch her throat, she felt no blockage. She opened her mouth and found that nothing was blocking there either. "Well we now know that she didn't choke on something."

She stood and brushed herself before looking over the guests. "Now unless my mistress finally lost it and decided to see how easily she can choke herself to death I can only guess that one of you lot killed her. Tell me, which one of you was the closest to her during her death?"

@Sinsystems

"Are you really suggesting with such audacity, that everyone could possibly be a killer?" Harris adressed that grim fellow, Mr. Black, was it? How queer of him to be taking notes and speaking of which, by his own account, he was nowhere present.

@Mortifer
"Father, choking? On what, exactly? Spirits?" More likely, poison.

Last edited:
Dr. Thomas "Motley" Malone was very put out.

First, there was that rather irritating argument between the Frenchman and the Italian fellow over which sort of wine was superior. Then, just as he was about to settle back and enjoy his damn pipe, the lights went out, and now the hostess was dead!

Truly unfortunate. He had wanted to ask her a few questions, but now it looked like he would need a medium to do so, and they were rather dodgy sorts.
That sounded like a job for a Doctor. He sighed. Duty called.

With a heave, he got up out of his chair (grid 9c), scattering some stray tobacco that had gotten into his lap, and ambled over to where the body laid. "Step aside, please," he requested of Ronald Knox, before kneeling to examine the body.

Her hands were clutching at her throat, as if something was lodged in her windpipe. Still, he was dubious. Like the priest had said, while it appeared that she had died of asphyxiation, but humans could indeed survive for longer than a few seconds. If nothing else, she should have made some "noise" while trying to dislodge any obstruction...

Alice walked over to the corpse (grid 11g) and looked over her former mistress's condition. She crouched down and reached out to touch her throat, she felt no blockage. She opened her mouth and found that nothing was blocking there either. "Well we now know that she didn't choke on something."

She stood and brushed herself before looking over the guests. "Now unless my mistress finally lost it and decided to see how easily she can choke herself to death I can only guess that one of you lot killed her. Tell me, which one of you was the closest to her during her death?"
The maid knew her stuff, it seemed. Good. At least he wasn't dealing with anyone "incompetent."

"I can vouch for myself, the Frenchman, the Italian, and the older gentleman. We were all in the western dining room when the lights went out along with the deceased."

@Sinsystems

"Are you really suggesting with such audacity, that everyone could be possibly a killer?" Harris adressed that grim fellow, Mr. Black, was it? How queer of him to be taking notes and speaking of which, by his own account, he was nowhere present.

@Mortifer
"Father, choking? On what, exactly? Spirits?" More likely, poison.
Vincent didn't even spare a glance to Mr Harris, merely continued to record the events as they unfolded "Depending on the method even a child could have killed her and it's not like people haven't used one as an assassin before." he stated matter of factly, recalling a story he'd heard from a Chinese merchant a few years back.

"I can tell you right now that I was admiring the Mistresses private collection when the lights went out." he said turning to a new page in his notebook "Although I think the question we should ask isn't who was closest to her but rather who would have a reason to kill her? I myself am fascinated as to what could have motivated such an act."

"I can confirm I was here at the time, as much as I wish I could wasn't. To be clear both I and Harris were having a somewhat lively debate with Miss Florence when the lights went out."
Damn, Damn, Damn. It couldn't be possible that they were still hunting for him, they'd taken their pound of flesh long ago. Which left only one answer no matter how awful, one of the guests was a murderer.
"I can tell you right now that I was admiring the Mistresses private collection when the lights went out." he said turning to a new page in his notebook "Although I think the question we should ask isn't who was closest to her but rather who would have a reason to kill her? I myself am fascinated as to what could have motivated such an act."
"I quite agree." Jameson readjusted his glasses as they almost seemed to shine.
"As much as I loath to say it I believe introductions are in order, we won't get anywhere if we don't even know each other."

Dr. Thomas "Motley" Malone was very put out.

First, there was that rather irritating argument between the Frenchman and the Italian fellow over which sort of wine was superior. Then, just as he was about to settle back and enjoy his damn pipe, the lights went out, and now the hostess was dead!

Truly unfortunate. He had wanted to ask her a few questions, but now it looked like he would need a medium to do so, and they were rather dodgy sorts.

That sounded like a job for a Doctor. He sighed. Duty called.

With a heave, he got up out of his chair (grid 9c), scattering some stray tobacco that had gotten into his lap, and ambled over to where the body laid. "Step aside, please," he requested of Ronald Knox, before kneeling to examine the body.

Her hands were clutching at her throat, as if something was lodged in her windpipe. Still, he was dubious. Like the priest had said, while it appeared that she had died of asphyxiation, but humans could indeed survive for longer than a few seconds. If nothing else, she should have made some "noise" while trying to dislodge any obstruction...

The maid knew her stuff, it seemed. Good. At least he wasn't dealing with anyone "incompetent."

"I can vouch for myself, the Frenchman, the Italian, and the older gentleman. We were all in the western dining room when the lights went out along with the deceased."
Not a trace of any choking hazard, poor Florence having been choked by something else, by means far more sinister it seemed. How bizarre. From the top of his head, the other possible outcomes would be from poison or from other, stranger methods. Neither were something he could prove at this current moment.

"Madam, unless you are certain that you can prove any accusations, i would prefer you refrain from throwing them about like rocks from a loutish hooligan with far too much time on their hands. We are all under suspicion, but that need not mean we cannot act without the proper conduct." Stephen responded, limping to lean heavily against the table, taking his weight from his gammy leg (grid 11,c).

Last edited:

"Fascinated you say..." The maid had odd feelings about Vincent Black. Something about him was off, why wasn't he reacting with horror like everyone else?

"Madam, unless you are certain that you can prove any accusations, i would prefer you refrain from throwing them about like rocks from a loutish hooligan with far too much time on their hands. We are all under suspicion, but that need not mean we cannot act without the proper conduct." Stephen responded, limping to lean heavily against the table, taking his weight from his gammy leg (grid 11,c).

"That wasn't my intention, sorry bout that. It just that she was a dear to me since childhood and while she's hard to handle it had its charms." She looked at his legs and asked, "Your leg seen better days I presume?"

Last edited:
@MrEgret

"Indeed." Mr. Harris nodded in assessment.

@Sinsystems

There was glimmer of rage in Mr. Harris eyes. "That overactive imagination of yours, its highly insulting. . ."

"How dare you imply my daughter is murderer or the killer could be possibly be a woman?! Are you daft, Mr. Black?"

"Alright then I see no one else is willing to divulge any information, so I will take that heavy burden on myself."
With surprising speed considering how lanky he is Jameson grabs a near by chair (9h) and pivots it under himself so he can sit on it.

"The name is Jameson Rossi, I was born in England but have spent years travelling as an Archaeologist. I imagine that was why I was invited. I did not know the deceased at all before I came here, if Anything I imagine she only invited me because of how little I leave the my house most days." Jameson did not feel any guilt over not revealing so much of his past, none of it would be relevant to this case anyway. And even if it did, that just meant he had all the more chance of [Survival].

Dr. Thomas looked at the other gentleman in the "bizarre" trenchcoat. A single bushy eyebrow moved upwards in a questioning fashion. "I would imagine that a more ordinary response to death by foul play isn't to be fascinated over the motivation, sir."

He got back to his feet with a grunt. "Still, you raise a good point. We were all known to the deceased, else we would not have been invited to this place. The odds are, one of us knew her enough to want her dead. While I would prefer to pin down a reliable cause of death first, hearing of potential motives and backgrounds should narrow the investigation down a bit."

"Alright then I see no one else is willing to divulge any information, so I will take that heavy burden on myself."
With surprising speed considering how lanky he is Jameson grabs a near by chair (9h) and pivots it under himself so he can sit on it.

"The name is Jameson Rossi, I was born in England but have spent years travelling as an Archaeologist. I imagine that was why I was invited. I did not know the deceased at all before I came here, if Anything I imagine she only invited me because of how little I leave the my house most days." Jameson did not feel any guilt over not revealing so much of his past, none of it would be relevant to this case anyway. And even if it did, that just meant he had all the more chance of [Survival].

Hm? I could have "sworn" that Mr. Rossi was "Italian." Perhaps I had made a "hasty assumption" based on his "preferred food?"

Dr. Thomas sighed, and started refilling his pipe. "How odd. I had received my invitation in similar circumstances. I had only heard of the deceased for a few days before I came here, and was planning to ask her a few questions regarding a recent "tragedy" that had befallen a friend of mine."

"That wasn't my intention, sorry bout that. It just that she was a dear to me since childhood and while she's hard to handle it had its charms." She looked at his legs and asked, "Your leg seen better days I presume?"
Stephen nodded as he pulled out a chair to settle into. "I dare say it's trouble me these past two score years. It might be a burden, but only so much as a favorite pair of shoes that pinch at the toes. You can either get used to it or it will make your life a misery."

Dr. Thomas sighed, and started refilling his pipe. "How odd. I had received my invitation in similar circumstances. I had only heard of the deceased for a few days before I came here, and was planning to ask her a few questions regarding a recent "tragedy" that had befallen a friend of mine."

"I see no harm in explaining how i know the deceased. My name is Stephen Nathaniel Walsh (just like my grandpappy). I was a friend of her father's and despite our differences of opinion, i have fond memories of this house and its owners."

"I'm afraid not... The blackout completely blinded us, when the lights came back on she was already dying..."

Eleanore walked closer to the body, her heels making a clicking sound as she walked. (12I) She would be the first to admit that"It's possible that she was hit in the neck. If a person was hit there, it would not take long to expire. Assuming that they were hit in the right place." She Gestured to her trachea with her fist to demonstrate. "It would cut off breathing as well, leading to her choking"
"That would be best although if she was murdered then we have to ask the question, who is the killer?" Vincent pointed out, more than willing to play his part in the narrative "With the lights going out any one of us could have done it."

"Well, it wasn't me, I can tell you that much. I was trying to see if Florence still had that piano." Eleanore said. She sounded insulted to even be a suspect. "I believe it was a... Bösendorfer. I saw it the last time I was here. It truly had a beautiful sound" Eleanor smiled briefly as she reminised about the piano. It was truly a work of art. She had been hoping to play it some time later tonight.

Though right now, that was the least of her worries.
"Fascinated? If one of us is truly the killer, then that means that they are in this very room." Eleanore scolded "This is hardly the time to be fascinated, Mister Black" As she looked around the group of people, she tried to guess who would be the most likely to murder.

While Mister Rossi looked the most... strange, appearances could be deceiving. All she had to do was think of her mother to remember that...

Eleanore started to break into a slight sweat, wondering just who would have killed Florence. And who he would kill next.
"I can confirm I was here at the time, as much as I wish I could wasn't. To be clear both I and Harris were having a somewhat lively debate with Miss Florence when the lights went out."

"We all had lively debates with her tonight" Eleanore said. She recalled her own argument with the woman. All the while, her sweating was getting worse.

It wouldn't do to look even slightly nervous. What if someone took it as a sign of her guilt? What if the murderer was there to pick everyone off and went after whoever looked the weakest?

And more importantly, it wouldn't do to look anything less than composed.

She sighed, and called upon a familiar power. She... didn't know what exactly it was. A guardian angel, sent to look after her? A demon? Something else entirely? She had given it a name, but she didn't know what it was exactly.

In the end, she just called it her ⌈Spirit⌋

No one else had been able to see it, she had learned that long ago. Over the last nine years, she had been experimenting with what it could, and couldn't do. If there was a murderer among them, it would prove invaluable with fending him off.

But for now, she just needed to use it for one thing.

@Mortifer
@Murderhobo of Nod
@MrEgret
@anailater
@Sinsystems
@Dovahsith

Eleanore used her right hand to adjust her hat. Suddenly, a third hand phased into existence over Eleanore's own. It was blue and white, and looked mechanical in nature. It's fingers ended in sharp points, like long nails. While she was using her hat to obscure her forehead, the hand wiped the slight sheen of sweat from her brow.

Then, as Eleanore brought her hand back down, the other hand disappeared as well, as if it was never there. Though is someone were to stand right beside her, they would feel the room get slightly colder.

Eleanore used her right hand to adjust her hat. Suddenly, a third hand phased into existence over Eleanore's own. It was blue and white, and looked mechanical in nature. It's fingers ended in sharp points, like long nails. While she was using her hat to obscure her forehead, the hand wiped the slight sheen of sweat from her brow.

Then, as Eleanore brought her hand back down, the other hand disappeared as well, as if it was never there. Though is someone were to stand right beside her, they would feel the room get slightly colder.
Jamesons blood froze. He knew what that was, he'd never seen one before, not truly but it fit all understanding he had gained over the years. He'd found recording after recording of the idea of a guardian angel in the places he'd been over the years, shrines in Norway lead him to Incan temples, and they had all lead him to that god forsaken dig site in Egypt.

Yes he knew what that was. There was no mistaking it. That thing, that Ghostly thing by Eleanore.
IT WAS A [STAND]!

It was then that the chair he had been leaning on fell backwards with his weight.
Bad slip backwords, didn't think to push against the wall, neck snaps on impact, internal decpaitation, death follows several minutes later...

Grumbling about a headache Jameson slammed one hand out to the wall stopping his momentum, while another hand started rubbing his forehead.

Dr. Thomas blinked twice. For a moment there, he could have sworn that this woman had sprouted a "third hand!" He hoped that his surprise was not evident on his face.
It wasn't. His face appeared as impassive as ever. Must be the beard.
He was vaguely aware of Mr. Rossi falling backwards in surprise, as he considered the implications of this "invisible hand." If it was anything at all like his own [ability], then this mystery just got a lot more complicated. After all, a "murder" was complicated enough without accounting for people with strange abilities like his own.

"Troublesome," he murmured to himself, before he abruptly turned to the maid. "Excuse me, but have you seen my doctor's bag? I appear to have misplaced it, and I believe that establishing a cause of death has just become a top priority."

Back