The Ancient Wound, my debut self-published novel with excellent reviews, is out (and very cheap) and I'll send you the eBook in exchange for a review!

Hello! My name is Hope C. Dixon, and I'm an author. My current main project is a trilogy set in the science-fantasy world of Einea. The debut is currently a $2.99 USD eBook at Amazon HERE, also with a paperback physical choice. Here's the blurb!
From the oppressed mountain city of Cinura, two young adults - Alrik, a naturalist, and Lumi, a revolutionary - will flee. When they each return, it won't be in ways they expect.

Alrik, falsely accused of terrorism after the mysterious death of a politician, runs for his life. On his journey to safety, he comes across secretive men and bizarre creatures, and begins to piece together who sought to silence him - and, more importantly, why.

Lumi, with a scrappy group of rebels, travels to the bottom of the world, the site of an ancient apocalypse, to gain a supernatural advantage in the coming conflict for her city. What she finds will have serious consequences for the world at large.

Connected by a pair of arcane books of concerning origin, the two will make journeys across land, sea and sky - from the industrial smokestacks of Canalas City to the irradiated and frozen wastelands of Ollossos - and start to uncover trickery all over the world of Einea.

I'll let the people who've read and enjoyed it tell you what they think.

This is an excellently written book, through and through, and it's plain to see that a lot of care went into its creation. This marks the first of what I hope becomes a successful series one day... If you like fantasy novels with unique and creative world building that don't shy away from the grittier side of things, then this is for you!...

...This book has a unique charm to it, which I attribute mostly to two things: Contrast and Perspective.
First, this book includes a contrast I have never seen before. The world of Einea is beautiful and vibrant, and the writing reflects that very well, yet this is a rather mature fantasy novel. As I was reading this book, I found myself surpised every time something tragic happened. It felt out of place in such a pretty world, which I liken to a murder at a wedding. Unlike children's fantasy, which tells a story while ignoring all the darkness of the world, or similarly mature fantasy, which tends to focus heavily on the darkness while ignoring the nicer sides of things, this book acknowledges that the world of Einea is both beautiful and ugly at the same time.

- Rae Carroll

The world building in this book is phenomenal and extremely well-rendered, and although the story is complete and satisfying on its own there are plenty of threads that leave me looking forward to finding out what the author does next with this awesome world! One the rare books that builds a detailed world and magic system without shorting the character development. Recommended!

- Pete Michaud

This book was incredible! It had such a depth to the world and felt so real. The 2 leads were fascinating to follow and read through, and seeing how the plotlines collided in the end was excellent and heartbreaking.

- Alice/Emerald

~

So, as you can see, a few people have quite liked the book, and I didn't even include my mum's review! (okay, she hasn't actually read it - it's not really her thing). But I'd really like if more people could read it, and hence I present my offer as I did in the heading. I am more than happy to send a free eBook copy of the novel to anyone in exchange for a review on a site like Goodreads or Amazon or StoryGraph - anywhere, really, that someone might see it. Sounds fair, right?

I hope everyone reading this has a lovely day, and I look forward to hearing back from some of you :) Have a good one!

Last edited:
Back