Muhkat Lomorki

Draconic Sorcerer
"IT'S...THE ADVENTURE ZONE!"

While I understand most people here don't listen to podcasts, I have decided to make this thread because I feel a great need to discuss this show with other people on this forum. Also, I really like it and since it's related to D&D, I think other people here might be interested in it too.

Now, I'm all caught up with the series, but if you aren't, that's okay! Since it's a podcast, you can listen to it free, either by getting it on iTunes or by visiting its page on the Maximum Fun site, which is the network that hosts it.

(Also, no, I'm not an advertiser, although I don't mind sharing this with people here.)

Anyway, another reason for this thread is because the story, setting, and characters are wonderfully crafted (and acted) by the McElroy brothers (Travis, Griffin, and Justin, who can also be found on their podcast My Brother, My Brother, and Me) and their dad Clint.

Now, what's the synopsis of the plot?

Well, it's about a fairly typically three person party (Human Fighter, High Elf Wizard, and a Hill Dwarf Cleric) going along a quest that starts out with a familiar setting and story (aka Lost Mines of Phandelver) before it evolves into something on a much grander scale.

Now, there probably will be spoilers here. That's why I request you keep that hidden. After all, even I can't help saying stuff about this show.

Anyway, link to first episode, if you want to give it a listen.

EDIT: There's also a Tv Tropes page, in case you are interested.

Last edited:
I like podcasts and I love D&D.

But I have zero interest in dwarfs, elves, fighters or clerics.

Gimme Psions and Incarnates and Swordsages, and interesting stuff. Maybe a Warforged or a Changeling.

*sigh* the esoteric stuff gets no love.

I like podcasts and I love D&D.

But I have zero interest in dwarfs, elves, fighters or clerics.

Gimme Psions and Incarnates and Swordsages, and interesting stuff. Maybe a Warforged or a Changeling.

*sigh* the esoteric stuff gets no love.
Even though the character set is generic at first, they do a lot with it and when the podcast starts "growing a beard", they start to become pretty interesting, at least in terms of story. Also, this started with the beginner's set for 5e not only to ground itself before it got into the weirder elements, but also because some of the people at the table were basically starting. So yeah, there is a good reason the party make-up seems so generic.

You can literally hate everything about the medium and still enjoy the Adventure Zone due to the overwhelming hilarity of the McElroy clan.

Hey, guess the wait's over now.

So, what do you think of the newest arc?
It seems interesting, thus far. The change from D&D over to a homebrewed system of mechanics is probably for the better, since they weren't really following D&D rules that faithfully anyways.

Which is fine. It just confirms that the Adventure Zone is a roleplay podcast more than it is a rollplay podcast.

Oh shit! A TAZ thread!

I'm currently up to date and I'm actually delving into the abyss of MBMBAM episodes. Need my fix of good boys.

I'll totally admit I'm a cryer and totally fell apart over a few of the episodes cough cough cough58cough cough

But the podcast is so good, I'm constantly laughing out loud and I just love how it's foremost a good story rather than adhering to DnD mechanics

Just caught up with the Stolen Century Arc. Have to say, I really like how Merle
refuses to give a shit about the Hunger's nihilism and shit and simply tells him "kiss my ass, you sanctimonious bastard!"

What do you think is your favorite member of the Tres Horny Boys? For me it's Taako.

Back