Ten Little Ducklings... (A Murder Mystery Mafia)

(Well, it's tomorrow now, so...)
[X] Unlynch Andelevion
[X] Lynch Birthday

Yeah, sorry about this guys, I don't think I'll be able to keep up with the pace of this game. :cry:
School work has been killing me and I'm in the toilet trying to type this up so I won't caught. So you might as well lynch me.
I guess this has been an important lesson: Don't do speech competitions when signing up for Mafia games.

This was all on me, guys. If I ever try something like this again, I'll try to clear my schedule or at least be more prompt with replies.

Have fun!!

(And with that, novelizing all the RP without any of the OOC stuff became that much bloody easier, thank ye gods. @Nanimani, if you could reply to Luciano's question to your character now that the voting pressure is off, that would be nice, thank you!)

Slight issue: someone "offering themselves to the beast" gives us no info whatsoever.

(It lets a night phase occur, which means I can investigate)

Yes but it gives us no useful voting pattern information because the only two big pushes have been you for excessive RPing and Birthday for inactivity.

Yes, we do get the night action information but usually people use said voting patterns as a major clue of who to investigate/RB/heal etc.

Normally it also gives a sense of potential mafia group patterns but that's a bust in this case due to there being only one mafia member.

Yes but it gives us no useful voting pattern information because the only two big pushes have been you for excessive RPing and Birthday for inactivity.

Yes, we do get the night action information but usually people use said voting patterns as a major clue of who to investigate/RB/heal etc.

Normally it also gives a sense of potential mafia group patterns but that's a bust in this case due to there being only one mafia member.
(The first day won't yeild any voting pattern info anyway, since no one can group for reasons not inherently on the table.)

(The first day won't yeild any voting pattern info anyway, since no one can group for reasons not inherently on the table.)

Actually, you can still get useful voting patterns from this scenario even with the reduced mafia presence just by seeing the reasoning behind the votes from the other players.

Lets be real, I know the reason you want to end the day this way is for your "novelization". I'll take actually playing the game over whatever you feel best fits your imaginary narrative. Your imaginary narrative is also a big part of the reason of why I'm voting for you because I think you're lying about having an investigative role.

(To be honest I'm not sure. Fact of the matter is, my role is simultaneously invest, killing, and one night protection)

This is not at all balanced and I'm pretty sure you're pushing it for your narrative because revealing this early is suicidal at best if you are truly an investigative role. So yeah, I think your narrative RP is leading to you lying about your role to better fit a story and frankly is still annoying so my vote isn't moving anytime soon.

(Let's see how salty I can become before I go full Tenfold :V)

You really don't get voting patterns do you? It's a matter of analyzing who votes for who, and with what reasoning. If we're lucky we get something interesting from vote clustering. For instance there was the note that Pawn, Jho, and I were all voting you at approximately the same time. Which could be us getting sloppy about colluding as Mafia.

Probably not though. But is worth noting, and conversely might turn around if you are lynched and do turn out to be Mafia. Personally I'm still happy with my vote for now.

Actually, you can still get useful voting patterns from this scenario even with the reduced mafia presence just by seeing the reasoning behind the votes from the other players.

Lets be real, I know the reason you want to end the day this way is for your "novelization". I'll take actually playing the game over whatever you feel best fits your imaginary narrative. Your imaginary narrative is also a big part of the reason of why I'm voting for you because I think you're lying about having an investigative role.
(There is that, but the way I originally voted had been for Andelevion for the same reason both IC and OOC, his character is designed to just ramp up people's agravation, and with his role apparently being full retaliation mode, with a touch of "reads guilty", that means that his role is damn near meant for it... in the later game.)
This is not at all balanced and I'm pretty sure you're pushing it for your narrative because revealing this early is suicidal at best if you are truly an investigative role. So yeah, I think your narrative RP is leading to you lying about your role to better fit a story and frankly is still annoying so my vote isn't moving anytime soon.
(Considering that my reveal is the second weirdly unbalanced role reveal, perhaps the power density of the roles in this game is just much denser than usual? In any case, believe what you will, but with Birthday folding anyway, my vote isn't moving either.)

(There is that, but the way I originally voted had been for Andelevion for the same reason both IC and OOC, his character is designed to just ramp up people's agravation, and with his role apparently being full retaliation mode, with a touch of "reads guilty", that means that his role is damn near meant for it... in the later game.)
(Welp, for one thing. I'm a girl. She/her if you please.

Second of all, I can't help what character I'm literally assigned. I was having fun playing a dude who was a dick.)

(!)
(... @Andelevion you're damn lucky that birthday is folding)
(IM SORRY DID I NOT MENTION THAT I WAS A MEMBER OF TOWN???? CAUSE I DID.

Part of my abilities are jester-like I agree, but I don't win by getting someone to lynch me you cad. The other part is more bodyguard/veteran if you ask me.)

(IM SORRY DID I NOT MENTION THAT I WAS A MEMBER OF TOWN???? CAUSE I DID.

Part of my abilities are jester-like I agree, but I don't win by getting someone to lynch me you cad. The other part is more bodyguard/veteran if you ask me.)
(Jesters kill someone when they're lynched, that's their job. That being said, if you don't win when you're lynched, I guess that makes the ability a bit less weird from that question...

Man these roles are weird.)

(Considering that my reveal is the second weirdly unbalanced role reveal, perhaps the power density of the roles in this game is just much denser than usual? In any case, believe what you will, but with Birthday folding anyway, my vote isn't moving either.)

I don't particularly trust Andelevion that much either since her power seems a bit off but the miller claim is actually what is making me hold off for now. Millers are almost always a policy lynch since its an easy claim for mafia but admitting it on D1 means that the player is being completely upfront about it and opens up some interesting lines of thought.

(!)

Always be trying to win. Don't give up. In general, don't act against the spirit of the game.

This doesn't say anything on if a jester or executioner is in the game. It literally says play to win and don't give up. There are plenty of ways to be jester without trying to get yourself lynched for inactivity or the like. Be aggressive, fake being a investigative role and get innocents lynched, fake having a useless role so you are a easy sacrifice for town later on, a passive jester isn't the only kind.

This doesn't say anything on if a jester or executioner is in the game. It literally says play to win and don't give up. There are plenty of ways to be jester without trying to get yourself lynched for inactivity or the like. Be aggressive, fake being a investigative role and get innocents lynched, fake having a useless role so you are a easy sacrifice for town later on, a passive jester isn't the only kind.

(I suppose that's true, I've just found any of the "drag you down" powers to be rather odd.)

(@Nanimani, I think you need to fix your vote. I don't think it counts as a Lynch at the moment.)

(!)
Ya idjit.
Jesters trying to get themselves lynched is them trying to win.

I don't particularly trust Andelevion that much either since her power seems a bit off but the miller claim is actually what is making me hold off for now. Millers are almost always a policy lynch since its an easy claim for mafia but admitting it on D1 means that the player is being completely upfront about it and opens up some interesting lines of thought.
If she didn't say that her role would kill those who try to kill her every night and those who end up lynching her, I'd agree with you.
The thing is, there's no safe way for the maf to kill her character if her role ain't lying.

(I suppose that's true, I've just found any of the "drag you down" powers to be rather odd.)

(@Nanimani, I think you need to fix your vote. I don't think it counts as a Lynch at the moment.)
Sure, lemme fix that.

[X] Unvote Birthday

@Look to the Left

Perhaps getting a replacement would be in order? It's not like they'd have missed too much.

Ya idjit.
Jesters trying to get themselves lynched is them trying to win.

If she didn't say that her role would kill those who try to kill her every night and those who end up lynching her, I'd agree with you.
The thing is, there's no safe way for the maf to kill her character if her role ain't lying.

Sure, lemme fix that.

[X] Unvote Birthday

@Look to the Left

Perhaps getting a replacement would be in order? It's not like they'd have missed too much.
(*Gulp,* Nani, you just dropped me on the block again...)

So... a bit of a problem. I'm currently using a school computer to type this but hear me out. I don't know how long but from now on, I will not have any internet for who knows how long. Unfortunetly this eithers means I have to put this Mafia Game on Hiatus, find some way to work with the contraint or simply cancel the game altogether. I'm going to come back two or three hours later so I can get your guy's opinion.

So... a bit of a problem. I'm currently using a school computer to type this but hear me out. I don't know how long but from now on, I will not have any internet for who knows how long. Unfortunetly this eithers means I have to put this Mafia Game on Hiatus, find some way to work with the contraint or simply cancel the game altogether. I'm going to come back two or three hours later so I can get your guy's opinion.
If you all want to continue the game, I volunteer to help run it while your internet is down.

(If you need to cancel or put us on hold I'm fine with that, do what you need to do.)

Back