Stars of darkness

Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

A fusion between epic fantasy and super heroes, in a world where people with extraordinary abilities live between 'normal' people of a fantasy setting
Welcome to stars of darkness, the great journey of a group of heroes in the world of Nirmidal. In this world, among the normal people who inhabit this fantasy, d&d like setting are uniques, people born with powers and abilities unique to them. Usually taking key roles or becoming adventurers. You are such uniques, and you are about to take key roles even greater than those of most uniques.

I am searching for six players for a play by post adventure which combine high epic fantasy and superhero settings. Each character combines usual d&d like characteristics with superpowers, on a varying form. Your characters need to have a base similiar to normal d&d characters, like being a thief, a treasure hunter, a mage or a knight. In addition they need to have some kind of a power(or powers). This power you can be anything from great and powerful things(that will form most of your characters abilities) to relatively small but useful powers, leaving your characters to lean on her more traditional class for their main abilities.

Currently searching for system, so accurate character making is not possible. Posted to check interest, and you can write your ideas for characters right now. And if someone has a suggestion for a system, that might be very helpful

Just to give you ideas, here are the types of uniques:

Sorcerers: people born with the ability to control natural or elemental powers, apply telekinetic force, or do other things similiar to the work of magic
Boosted: people who are supernaturally competent at something. Such people can be anything from incredibly strong to almost undetectable when sneaking. The only limitation is that boosted abilities are always physical in nature, not mental or social
Altered: these people can do things considered impossible. From having truthsight to speaking to animals to being able to flying.
Anomalies: many uniques have abilities which don't ascribe to the previous categories. Such wildcards can have any kind of power, and their abilities are much harder to categorise.

Oooh! you should use GURPS! It's a pick-and-choose game system perfect for this sort of thing. There's a splatbook series called Dungeon Fantasy that is essentially D&D, but with a bit more realism.

Quick Character Hook- Pulling a Jesus

Bjorn Fisher is a Unique that doesn't revel in his abilities. A wandering adventurer, he spends most days living to help others, forgoing wealth and fame if it means one more person could be helped. This has backfired on him somewhat, in that his passage spreads his name like wildfire.

While his magery is average for a sorcerer, Bjorn is a jack of all trades: He's an apprentice-level alchemist, can summon mana armor and fire off mana bolts like a mystic knight, and he knows a variety of spells, focusing on utility magicks. His religious following has granted him cleric-like healing powers he can use semi-frequently.

Oooh! you should use GURPS! It's a pick-and-choose game system perfect for this sort of thing. There's a splatbook series called Dungeon Fantasy that is essentially D&D, but with a bit more realism.

Quick Character Hook- Pulling a Jesus

Bjorn Fisher is a Unique that doesn't revel in his abilities. A wandering adventurer, he spends most days living to help others, forgoing wealth and fame if it means one more person could be helped. This has backfired on him somewhat, in that his passage spreads his name like wildfire.

While his magery is average for a sorcerer, Bjorn is a jack of all trades: He's an apprentice-level alchemist, can summon mana armor and fire off mana bolts like a mystic knight, and he knows a variety of spells, focusing on utility magicks. His religious following has granted him cleric-like healing powers he can use semi-frequently.
Thanks for the suggestion! I think I will use GURPS. still need to learn a bit of the system, but it seems really good for this

Is bjorn a human, or some other race? In this world, humans are predominant, lwhile dwarves are also common and elves are seen, though they usually live in the forests or in their own kingdom(while you will start smart the human kingdoms). Halflings are common, but are often prejudiced as weakling and sometimes parasites or thieves. There are also the rarer gnomes, faeries, cat people, centaurs, bull people, drew, half elves and half orcs that are playable, or the lizards an which hail from distant kingdoms at the equator and are very exotic

You should use Supers & Sorcery, a supplement for 5e D&D that just came out [you can buy it on DrivethruRpg.com] It comes with its own setting, you could use that or just borrow ideas. And if you do start the game I would be interested in playing.

You should use Supers & Sorcery, a supplement for 5e D&D that just came out [you can buy it on DrivethruRpg.com] It comes with its own setting, you could use that or just borrow ideas. And if you do start the game I would be interested in playing.
Hmm, I will look into it. Currently it is open for making character ideas and general description

Anyway, I already designed the setting, so I will use what I have

Well, I want to see if there are more people joining, but if not, I will close this

This will be done with mutants and masterminds(which supports fantasy settings) Gurps just don't have the flexibility of abilities needed, and I don't want to buy this supplement ,it is a bit too expensive for me right now

This is open for playing in mutants and masterminds. If no one will join in a day, I will, sadly, have to close this

Well, I want to see if there are more people joining, but if not, I will close this

This will be done with mutants and masterminds(which supports fantasy settings) Gurps just don't have the flexibility of abilities needed, and I don't want to buy this supplement ,it is a bit too expensive for me right now

This is open for playing in mutants and masterminds. If no one will join in a day, I will, sadly, have to close this
I have the supplement. I can provide any information required, if you want. Of course you would still need knowledge of D&D 5e rules.

Well, I know 5e, but there is need for rules about superpowers and the like that might be a bit problematic for passing, making the game a bit too slow

All the material of the book uses 5e rules. You can in fact get away with just using a regular 5e character, you just get a few bonus abilities of your choice such as Darkvision. There is a new character class, one new subclass for every Class, and two new races- all of it optional.

All the material of the book uses 5e rules. You can in fact get away with just using a regular 5e character, you just get a few bonus abilities of your choice such as Darkvision. There is a new character class, one new subclass for every Class, and two new races- all of it optional.
Well, I am sorry, but it is not enough then for what I am looking for. Doesn't matter much though, because I close this in 4 hours if there aren't more players

If it will be so, I probably will convert the plot into a more traditional superhero setting and run it this way, already spent time designing it last day

Last edited:
Back