Staff and BirdBodhisattva- Upheld - ATCT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alternately, the readers are adults who signed up for a "Mature" tagged quest, think the accusations in this thread (including literal abuse accusations) might be somewhat overblown, and are coming out to say "yo what the fuck"?

Did you actually read what Hya posted? Because he was specifically talking about the multiple readers from that thread who had admitted to having actual trauma, not the other randoms coming in to defend the writing.

I've mostly just shut up because I don't feel equipped to handle any of the now very heavy topics people are throwing around.

You could just read the thread and spend a moment thinking about the multitudes of people who have spoken about the dynamics within the quest.
I thought Ralson made a great point, I don't understand the difference between what you are describing and the normal peaks and troughs a narrative should be going through.

But I didn't bother because I figured any probing in that regard would be seen as a personal attack.

Alright, everyone needs to cool their jets, I think. It goes without saying that something kind of weird is going on so we're going to do our due diligence and look into it. Some information has already been forwarded to us and further information will be provided in due course. What we do from there depends on what we see, I don't intend to prejudice the matter by foreshadowing a response.

However I would caution people against some of the language being used here, some of which likens whatever may be going on in House of the Sun to situations of family violence which I don't think is really appropriate. This is a weird situation but it would be wise to exercise care when raising something as serious as abusive relationships in the course of discussion, in much the same was as it would be wise to exercise care in the use of sexual violence as a plot device in a story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back